Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I'd argue it's totally true. When I'm healing warriors on my shaman or monk they take damage so seldom that I spend most of my time healing dps who stood in something or just dpsing. Meanwhile, healing any other tank causes me to actually have to heal.

I ran a few dungeons on my monk as BrM tonight and they are pretty terrible. I was only doing heroics for the satchels and in 850 gear I was getting rocked even through ironbrew and purifying crap away. They need to change it to either be all in on stagger being the active mechanic, or purify. Stagger on it's own doesn't actually mitigate anything, so making part of the spec focus on that when it doesn't actually do anything is stupid. Only going half in on purify is also stupid because you don't end up actually mitigating nearly as much as any other tanks' mitigation. Self healing is something brewmaster really suffers with compared to other healers as well. The ox orbs really don't do crap, and there isn't a reliable way of making them aside from just getting hit below 35%.

I would personally like to see ironbrew made into a passive, and make the gameplay revolve around juggling self heals and purifying stagger. Guard should 100% be a pve ability, it just doesn't need the insane vengeance stacking like it did in mop. Something like Chen's shield in heroes of the storm would be fun to mess around with, at least then there would be some mitigation going on rather than a slow death.

At a FFA pvp world quest playing with guard just seemed to be so much better. It's on a pretty crazy cooldown, but it felt like I could actually do something.

There was a blue post saying they know brewmasters are bottom of the barrel (bad pun i realized after i wrote it), but whether anything comes of that or not, who knows?

• Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Is anyone else really Order Hall resource starved from doing too many missions? Maybe there's some source I'm missing? I've been doing nearly all the resource WQs, and stopped doing missions for the same time period, and I'm still only at 4K; unable to start 12k the penultimate Hall level-up.

Advice appreciated!

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is anyone else really Order Hall resource starved from doing too many missions? Maybe there's some source I'm missing? I've been doing nearly all the resource WQs, and stopped doing missions for the same time period, and I'm still only at 4K; unable to start 12k the penultimate Hall level-up.

Advice appreciated!

Pick up treasure chests you haven't gotten yet, they usually contain resources.

• Options
    OricalmOricalm MDRegistered User regular

Advice appreciated!

I use an epic combat ally with 2x the "Order hall resources on WQ completion" items on him. Even if it's a 3 min CD ally, as long as they are assigned, it still gives resources. Mine gives 75/quest now, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up over time.

Also, in addition to chests, kill rares. They usually drop some resources

Xbox Live: Oricalm
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

World Quests in general help a lot with order resources. I figure that I'm netting about a thousand a day despite having missions going constantly thanks to the app.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    All righty! I'll give those a whirl. :)

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I've come to realise that I hate the way gear works in the expansion.

The content is amazing, there's so much to do, and it's all great fun to do. Mythic+ is awesome, EN is fun, world quests are neat, but the way you get gear drives me nuts. Everything is as random as they can make it. You randomly have a chance to get a random piece of gear that randomly might be good for you. I'm tired of getting an item that's useless because it didn't Titanforge. I'm tired of seeing people get their second/third legendary while I haven't even gotten my first.

It feels very unrewarding to play. The content is fun to do, but I'm sick of getting nothing useful out if because the game has decided I'm not lucky enough for that. I'm considering not raiding for a tier or two to take a break because of it, it's just irritating. Gear drops have always been random, but now most of the time it seems the random drops you get aren't useful unless they Titanforge. It's rng on top of rng, and I really do not enjoy it.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I'd rather games be "fun" rather than "balanced"

Oh so a warrior can ignore a shit ton of damage, throw more damage at them or throw more mobs, make it a fucking riot to play instead of spreadsheet motherfucking simulator 2016.

Cause then all the other tanks that aren't even close to warriors even after this nerf would just be turned to paste. I already quit playing my main of 4.5 years because I was so much harder to heal than every other tank (lol 55% as good as warriors, balance!) how much worse would it have been if they just doubled damage on warriors to make them threatened?

Basically, when half of the top 10 healer parses are warriors, maybe something is broken. Even these nerfs don't actually fix the problem, they just make warrior less fun while still being game shatteringly op, which is maybe the worst of both worlds so A+ job there blizzard.

At least the DPS balancing seemed to go off pretty well.

buff instead of nerf, imo

buff the other tanks

Warriors don't even need heals until heroic raiding. Maybe the problem is with warriors?

Buff not nerf only works to a point, when one class is wildly out of line, and to fix them you have to increase damage done by encounters across the board, maybe the right thing to do is fix the class.

I hate to be that asshole, and I'm late on this, but this is completely untrue. The idea that we don't need heals until heroics is wildly incorrect. It was never true. We we easier to heal than some of the other tanks? Yes, no one is disputing that Ignore Pain needs tuning. It's also no secret that BM monks are brokenly bad and that's your chosen class. I get it, but we don't need to just make untrue things up to try and make Warrior's seem more OP than they are. Especially post nerf where we can use IP about half as much as we used to.

Umm, I did a heroic where my guild warrior didn't need heals.

I dunno post nerf because we haven't done a non keystone since then, but this was absolutely true before. Good warriors with the right spec did no need heals in easy content, period. You could get your free health from either speccing that self heal or getting kills on things. The rest was taken care of with ignore pain.

I mean christ, warriors STILL had a 60% damage reduction when they critical block. They were beast mode on farmable content.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    As another tank it's hard to judge but as DK i858 I do about 60% of selfhealing in my last daily heroic, a number that could've been higher if I weren't pulling 2 - 3 spawns at a time. My HP never dipped below 80% on normal trash.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I've come to realise that I hate the way gear works in the expansion.

The content is amazing, there's so much to do, and it's all great fun to do. Mythic+ is awesome, EN is fun, world quests are neat, but the way you get gear drives me nuts. Everything is as random as they can make it. You randomly have a chance to get a random piece of gear that randomly might be good for you. I'm tired of getting an item that's useless because it didn't Titanforge. I'm tired of seeing people get their second/third legendary while I haven't even gotten my first.

It feels very unrewarding to play. The content is fun to do, but I'm sick of getting nothing useful out if because the game has decided I'm not lucky enough for that. I'm considering not raiding for a tier or two to take a break because of it, it's just irritating. Gear drops have always been random, but now most of the time it seems the random drops you get aren't useful unless they Titanforge. It's rng on top of rng, and I really do not enjoy it.

I know its subjective as hell, but I actually like this aspect. Maybe its because I took enchanting to do something with all the unrewarding things though. But I LOVE the aspect of random gear. I like knowing each piece could be unique, and also knowing every acquisition has a chance of being something amazing. It also makes when you get that one superforged thing something to talk about and show off, something we haven't had since vanilla, though that was just because most people never got any epics.

I used to be sad when I first started WoW, because I was used to Asheron's Call where everything that dropped would generate random stats from a certain pool based on the base item. There were a few static things from questlines, but you basically just farmed for special gear. Items also weren't soulbound, so that super amazing piece of armor that had near legendary rolls might get passed around from time to time. It was a very oldschool concept that might never work now, but it was sure awesome. The randomness of loot now kind of brings me back to that a little. I don't force myself to go out of my way for every WQ that has gear, but I will go off and do one here or there for a slot I could use the upgrade on if it rolls titanforged just for fun. I never look at it as work. I rarely do daily heroic dungeons for the same reason - I refuse to do things if I feel it looks like work.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Mythic+ does keep upping the baseline too.

A +2 is a gamble for a raider, because the base is 845 and he'll need a roll for it to be worthwhile. But you can get 3 chests which is a ton of AP.
    But a +6 is 855, which is already pretty good, and if you get to +10 it should be 865? (Never been that high)

If anything this is the grindiest expansion I am aware off. You can do runs for gear endlessly. Group Finder is full of guild groups offering boosts to get extra keystones.

And I think this is a large part of what's happening on the herb market: The demand is higher because people flask for the mythic+, and no raiders are farming herbs because they are chasing loot.
    The result is that Fjarn and Fox are now 100g each on my server.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    I thought I would mention; I healed for [only] a Mythic+4 two days ago and we had a BrM tank. It was fine! I know part of the problem is you have to work harder than other tanks to achieve the same results, but at least the results seem to be the same at low-levels of Mythic+.

I would mention, that sometimes having to work harder for the same result can be a bit of its own reward (if you have that type of personality, I suppose)--I played a Bard in EQ1, and compared to Enchanters, we had to work way harder for far less tangible result, and that felt kind of awesome in its own way. So if it's a choice between feeling miserable playing a class you're feeling tepid toward or feeling over-worked playing a class you enjoy, if you can manage it, it might be worthwhile going for the latter? :)

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Advice appreciated!

Yeah, I sort of realized that about a week ago and started to focus on order hall resource world quests. I am now back up to 11k but I need 4k more by tomorrow for my next order hall thing (2 legendaries, even though I don't even have one yet :( ).

I also found an epic equipment that gives me 100 resources for every world quest I finish with that champion, so I started doing that (had to move some champions around to make that work, ended up just sitting Vereesa since all she does is insta-kill my troops anyways with her bugged ability. Even if it worked, it's not a great ability vs. Taoshi who gets bonus on long missions)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    hah got attuned to Kosumoth
    How anyone figured it out is beyond me, the steps required seems so... ridiculous?

Also I'm at ilevel 842 and I feel like i've hit a wall. What are my options to upgrade gear? EN and Mythic+?

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    hah got attuned to Kosumoth
    How anyone figured it out is beyond me, the steps required seems so... ridiculous?

Also I'm at ilevel 842 and I feel like i've hit a wall. What are my options to upgrade gear? EN and Mythic+?

Yep. Regular Mythics too, thanks to Titanforging and stuff, and WQs will occaisionally as well. But mostly raiding and Mythic+.

The Mythic+ "your keystone" groups are super handy. I did one this morning, got three chests in MOS, and then had one of the people running it hand me a helm that they got from the chest. I hope that people keep doing that deeper into the expansion.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Oh so a warrior can ignore a shit ton of damage, throw more damage at them or throw more mobs, make it a fucking riot to play instead of spreadsheet motherfucking simulator 2016.

Cause then all the other tanks that aren't even close to warriors even after this nerf would just be turned to paste. I already quit playing my main of 4.5 years because I was so much harder to heal than every other tank (lol 55% as good as warriors, balance!) how much worse would it have been if they just doubled damage on warriors to make them threatened?

Basically, when half of the top 10 healer parses are warriors, maybe something is broken. Even these nerfs don't actually fix the problem, they just make warrior less fun while still being game shatteringly op, which is maybe the worst of both worlds so A+ job there blizzard.

buff the other tanks

Warriors don't even need heals until heroic raiding. Maybe the problem is with warriors?

Buff not nerf only works to a point, when one class is wildly out of line, and to fix them you have to increase damage done by encounters across the board, maybe the right thing to do is fix the class.

I hate to be that asshole, and I'm late on this, but this is completely untrue. The idea that we don't need heals until heroics is wildly incorrect. It was never true. We we easier to heal than some of the other tanks? Yes, no one is disputing that Ignore Pain needs tuning. It's also no secret that BM monks are brokenly bad and that's your chosen class. I get it, but we don't need to just make untrue things up to try and make Warrior's seem more OP than they are. Especially post nerf where we can use IP about half as much as we used to.

Yeah my warrior still needs heals, not quite as much as my paladin, but my paladin self heal comes into play there.

Sometimes I feel like we're all playing different games, with how people act like ain't no big deal with certain situations that absolutely destroy any group I've been in. I've felt this way since WotLK when people were claiming almost 50% more dps across the board than our min-max dps people could put out in a stand still fight.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    In previous expansions, you would not have WQ drops or titanforging. Your ass would be sitting at 825 or 840 from heroics (depending on whether or not you see Mythic as the "real heroic" of Legion) and that's it. You want titanforged? Silly child: go raid.

This is being given a cookie and now wanting some milk. If there were no randomness your character would have been geared weeks ago and you'd just be complaining that you have nothing to do.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Some people just have a different thought process. It's normal. Random can just kill a game for them.

I absolutely love random but I understand people who don't.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    I prefer to work towards something then have it be random.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    This is the first time in a long time that there's actually been stuff to do outside of raiding and levelling, so there's bound to be some culturual whiplash.

As for me, I've already started to weight my time against the rewards of world quests. If it's my day off and I've got nothing better to do, sure I'll clear everything out, otherwise it's mostly be prioritizing which ones I want to spend time on.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I don't mind Titanforged Loot. Makes those lower Mythic+ runs still potentially give upgrades.

Legendaries need better bad streak protection, though. If you're going to put a class hall upgrade that specifically lets you wear more than one of them, then you have already told everyone you expect them to drop. 3/4-80% of my raid team still does not have their first legendary and it's been a month.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    My guild, with an average of 15-20 raiders, has 10 legendaries.

3 people have 3 now, and the last one is on someone who started Legion a week ago and he got hits the day he hit 110.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So someone in our raid was trying to figure out why they didn't get a keystone this week. Apparently they clicked it but didn't loot the chest somehow, and it was sitting in their mailbox.

Along with a legendary.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'm looking for the Haaaaaaaaate button but sadly cannot find it.

Characters
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think they have maaaaayybe erred on the side of too much random as opposed to earned rewards; for 'earned rewards' there's raids (if you have a group that can run ML), a few vendor items and the weekly M+ chest (which is at least a guaranteed drop, though still highly random.) Everything else is just a hustle to get as many drops as you can to maximize your chances of a high WF/TF result (and obviously also legendaries.)

on the other hand it doesn't seem like much of a struggle to gear up to at least 840 or so, so maybe it's okay that the process of going further be something of a crapshoot.

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    tokumei wrote: »
    Well I caved and bought legion so getting back into WoW how's the enhancement shammy going nowadays? It's that or prot paladin since I have fond memories of my Blood Knight.

I want to say it's rogue-ish, but the new energy bar builds up instead of burns down and is also the source of "combo-point" ability fuel. It's slow-ish to start as you build energy, but starts to hit a groove when you start getting procs for the reduced-cost/free Stormstrike/Lavalash (assuming you speced into the free lavalash talent - which may not be the ideal path, I haven't looked at any of the theorycrafting for the class yet since I'm not in a raiding guild).

Also, it feels a lot more squishy than it had in the past, and I'm not sure if that's the tuning or if it is a gear issue.

Overall still lots of fun.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

buff the other tanks

K, our 2nd tank was a warrior and in normal raids he needed maybe 20-30k hps healing. That's near on as nothing as makes no difference, especially as I needed 10 times that. He regularly finishes 50% above our next closest healer in HPS, even post nerfs.

I've also healed warriors in mythics, and walk out of the dungeon with something in the range of 12-15k hps almost entirely determined by how badly the DPS screw up, since a single hot will heal a warrior forever. Warriors are WoD Monks except without relying on resolve to get giant absorbs and have no cooldowns.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    This retrieving item information bug is annoying.

Characters
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Would you rather be OP and get nerfed, or be underpowered and in line for buffs? Blizzard is probably not going to let the gap between tank specs go on for too long, they need all the tanks they can get. If it was an issue with my dps spec not being competitive I might be worried I'd never get buffed, but not tanks or healers. If they put those players in a spot where they have to reroll to keep doing their preferred job they'll lose subs. DPS can just switch specs, which is probably harder now than ever before with artifacts, but it's nowhere near the inconvenience of rerolling.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

buff the other tanks

K, our 2nd tank was a warrior and in normal raids he needed maybe 20-30k hps healing. That's near on as nothing as makes no difference, especially as I needed 10 times that. He regularly finishes 50% above our next closest healer in HPS, even post nerfs.

I've also healed warriors in mythics, and walk out of the dungeon with something in the range of 12-15k hps almost entirely determined by how badly the DPS screw up, since a single hot will heal a warrior forever. Warriors are WoD Monks except without relying on resolve to get giant absorbs and have no cooldowns.

I did an arcway with a warrior that just didn't take damage, aside from on a couple of specific trash packs. That's not an exaggeration; he spent 95% of the instance with a shield 50-75% the size of his healthbar, and he wasn't crazy overgeared. There are warriors in raids that are doing more HPS than actual healers. At the high end you have slootbag doing crazy shit like solo tanking M elerethe, because with enough incoming damage you can just keep hitting ignore pain forever.

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bubs wrote: »
    Would you rather be OP and get nerfed, or be underpowered and in line for buffs? Blizzard is probably not going to let the gap between tank specs go on for too long, they need all the tanks they can get. If it was an issue with my dps spec not being competitive I might be worried I'd never get buffed, but not tanks or healers. If they put those players in a spot where they have to reroll to keep doing their preferred job they'll lose subs. DPS can just switch specs, which is probably harder now than ever before with artifacts, but it's nowhere near the inconvenience of rerolling.

If they were that worried about tank numbers, they would be buffing them all, not nerfing the op ones.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    In our first Normal Xavius kill our protection warrior out-healed every healer by like 20-30% more. It was pretty insane. He hasn't duplicated the feat this week but the Blackening Soul debuff being such an easy soak for Ignore Pain lets him take insane stacks and reach 190k+ healing. They almost certainly needed a nerf although I do wonder if hitting their base-line rage generation was the right call.

Solo-tanking Elethre is pretty crazy... if the levels are really stretching that high already... then I can't see them just "buffing other tanks" as that could pretty easily just break the game. They are probably also quite reticent to buff boss melee damage: I remember one of their design goals in WoD was to tone down passive tank mitigation to sane levels so that if a tank lost aggro bosses didn't immediately overkill people by millions of damage. Having people have the opportunity to step in as a spot-tank is pretty cool still although increasingly rare with the ability pruning. Nerfs are probably the only real way to go.

Not to say that I want to see all tanks nerfed to the level of Brewmaster or something...! Nerfs are a dangerous tool in a game balance but an essential one.

As for Titan and Warforging I think the system has been pretty great. Legion is more than ever a far more gradual gearing system (aside from perhaps the first bump from 800->840). Mythic+ dungeons offer practically unlimited chances a week at 865 gear... heroic raid level gear. The challenge is high but so are the rewards. Four distinct raiding difficulties gives players a gradient of rewards and challenge... with all item levels between being encompassed by Warforging.

At this point my main would basically have two chances a week to get upgrades: my two raid times with my guild. Legion is different though... and that's nice. The ability to pursue upgrades at my leisure is pretty great. I could see how someone who had full 865 gear might be a little frustrated that their only progressions are either luck or weekly rewards... but how is that different from prior expansions?

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options

The random aspect that irks me the most is the bonus loot roll, which of course carried forward into Legion.

Basically, I hate using a roll and getting gold for it. Fuck that.

And yet, I keep rolling.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Legion was a great opportunity to make bonus rolls give a big chunk of AP instead of 35 gold.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Morkath wrote: »
    Bubs wrote: »

If they were that worried about tank numbers, they would be buffing them all, not nerfing the op ones.

I don't think they realize this is the answer, but the elite vocal minority would probably throw a fit if they did that- they would see it as a nerf to the content.

The best scenario would be bring all tanks up to warrior level, and stop worrying about tanking being too easy. Gear check fights are dumb, put the difficulty on mechanics, not character stats.

I really think that's the issue

Bubs on
    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Finally bothered to unlock my Fishing Pole artifact today. So yay! Now the long process of upgrading it :P

Side note, I just noticed this for the first time tonight:

Silly Blizzard :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Finally bothered to unlock my Fishing Pole artifact today. So yay! Now the long process of upgrading it :P

Side note, I just noticed this for the first time tonight:

Silly Blizzard :P

I don't get it.

edit: oh it was a link. I get it!

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Today I learned Moongaurd guilds who host ENM runs talk about Hentai in voice chat A LOT.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Today I learned Moongaurd guilds who host ENM runs talk about Hentai in voice chat A LOT.

That doesn't surprise me, oddly.

This discussion has been closed.