Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I had the "Retrieving item information" issue a few days ago.

Closing the game and starting it again sort of fixed it for me.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Zunde wrote: »
    I had the "Retrieving item information" issue a few days ago.

Closing the game and starting it again sort of fixed it for me.

I've only been able to clear it up by logging out, deleting the Cache folder in the \"Program Files (x86)"\"World of Warcraft" directory, and logging back in.

It will take ~1-2 minutes for the items to update once you log back in, but it works every time.

Exiting and relaunching the game never worked for me.

thatassemblyguy on
  • Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Using /reload worked for me the couple times it's happened on my character. I consider myself lucky--I'm always nervous deleting game files in the directory.

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man I did court of stars last night, so many deaths. Got it done, but good lord that second boss just killed us because our tank didn't want to clear a pack so we kept trying to fight her around the pillar and that's a shitty idea.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How do I get the cards for the darkmoon faire decks? Are they still drops from random mobs?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    They've been an inscription thing for a long time, pretty sure that's still the case in Legion.

• Options
    And, as usual, they're fucking outrageously powerful which means they're also ridiculously expensive.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Moon Guard is The Infamous RP server

I feel sorry for those grouped with that server

Unless I am mistaken, RP servers don't get grouped.

RP servers get grouped with RP servers

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Bah ! First time I will have to wait to do a class hall upgrade . I started skipping resource quests but kept sending people on missions . It still takes 14 days to update so it can wait for an extra day or two while I get the resources. Not like I have a secondary legendary to equip anyway.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    CoS is actually a pretty easy dungeon to heal aside from the boss that just shits out fire damage on everyone. It just happens to be another case of you were with bad dps who dont use any of their stuns or interrupts to help out.

Yeah, just healed it and I quite liked it. End boss took a few tries to get used to it (and AoE healing with a Paladin is....interesting, even with Virtue), but everybody took it easy because the dungeon IS fun. I did liked when, as an Alchemist, I poisoned the flask on first boss area and he drinked it and got free loot at last phase. The secrets do make it interesting, and the trash isn't particulary bad besides imps being bullshit. Is not, let's say, BRH trash which is just miserable and makes BRH stones almost dead weight.

Also, there's a thing when I tend to bite it on dungeon fights at the last few percents, need to work on that. At least been getting better on raids.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Javen wrote: »
    And, as usual, [darkmoon cards] are fucking outrageously powerful which means they're also ridiculously expensive.

Both Inscription and Alchemy are insanely intensive on herbs which has just kept the price of materials super high. Potions, Talent Swaps, Flasks... all of them draw from the same herbs. Gift of the Harvester is a solid choice for one's shoulder enchant. That's for sure.

I think cards take Felwort which bump them up quite a bit in price to make...

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    Though looking at the blood of sargeras vendor will likely alleviate a lot of the costs. I'm personally sitting at about 400 bloods right now, and even though they nerfed the amounts, that's quite a bit of starlight rose.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    i have a feeling everyone is going to go all in on starlight rose, and there will be a huge shortage of fjarnskaggl that im going to cash in on

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I use all my bloods to make infernal alch stones. If fel worth is 300 and the brimstone is 200, it costs me 1700 to make one. I can obliterate it into 150ish dust, which makes 1.5 obliterum. The obliterum sells for 3k each. So all my blood went into that cash farm.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    People are so bad in heroics now. DPS is low and it takes forever to do a daily heroic. I was out dps'ing some of the DPS as a healer without feral affinity. Just spamming wrath + dots. We wiped twice on Odyn from people getting one shot. Had to do 3 heroics for the JC quests and they were all the same.

Ah well I spent the whole weekend flipping stuff on the AH. Already made bank and have like 30k stuff left to sell later in the week.

Enigmedic wrote: »
    i have a feeling everyone is going to go all in on starlight rose, and there will be a huge shortage of fjarnskaggl that im going to cash in on

One rose is like 220g on my server. A fjarnskaggl is like 80g. Haven't herbed those before but do those give 3+ like the rest? If so that's like one rose per pick and supply is low because nobody can be arsed farming stormheim (i guess). With such low so it might be possible to flip that stuff easily. I wish I had more cash on hand but only have 100k ish so aggressively camping a market is tricky atm.

danx on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    starlight rose is about 125g on my server, fjarnskaggl is like 60g I think?

it is way easier to farm fjarnskaggl than starlight rose. You can basically farm triple the amount in the same time frame.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I just did a daily heroic and it was pretty painful too. Though we had... decent dps at least. The main issue was the healer putting up 60k hps and it wasn't because people were taking no damage. I was tanking because it was a bag role but I usually out healed the healer just with my prot paladin heal every 9 seconds. I was using it on group members more than myself.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Just healed Arcway. Is not BRH bad (BRH is THE worst dungeon in Legion), but that stupid undispellable anti-healing debuff gets depressing.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I just switched to vengeance and got my first 10-11 artifact points.... Holy hell is this different. I can pretty much pull whatever I want out doing WQs and just let my bodyguard mow things down.

I tanked a heroic VH, and it was a breeeeeeeze. I did it for the bonus bag but I might start queueing as a tank for everything. I like not having to pay attention to my rotation to put up decent dps, and dictating the pace of dungeons is great. The consumables from the lower level of the DH order hall are sweet, I'm kind of dreading keystones where I can't use them. +50% healing is absurd

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Thing with heroics is that most people out gear them , so everyone who can is doing mythics + 2 for three chest easy gear. So the people doing heroics are inexperienced or just flat out bad.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Time of day matters a bunch I bet. Weekend at prime-time will probably net you inexperienced or fresh 110 players. I did a pair of heroics last night that were quite fast and painless but it was quite late at night.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, I managed to cap engineering and get the Blingatron 6000.

It looks exactly like WoD's. Booo Blizzard, booo.

On a bright note, it is summonable as much as you like.

• Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    The retrieving information bug is awful. I've seen it constantly. I've done every "fix" people say and nothing short of just luck seems to clear it up.

• Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, I managed to cap engineering and get the Blingatron 6000.

It looks exactly like WoD's. Booo Blizzard, booo.

On a bright note, it is summonable as much as you like.

How much gold did you spend leveling it? I dropped it went enchanting and haven't regretted it.

As an aside just saw a picture of left 895 titanforged gear. Sigh guess I can stomach lfr for a chance of gear , dis enchant materials and ap.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man I did court of stars last night, so many deaths. Got it done, but good lord that second boss just killed us because our tank didn't want to clear a pack so we kept trying to fight her around the pillar and that's a shitty idea.

I still don't know why people are so afraid of killing trash.

Yes, okay, it takes an extra 4 minutes out of your god damned day.

You know what else does? Wiping and then having to clear the god damned trash anyways.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    RedDawn wrote: »
    The retrieving information bug is awful. I've seen it constantly. I've done every "fix" people say and nothing short of just luck seems to clear it up.

Earlier today I logged out while I was in the middle of fishing with my Underlight Angler. When I came back an hour later, I was really confused because my FishingBuddy addon wasn't allowing me to cast with a right-double click. I tried relogging, reloading my UI, etc. And then I went to examine my Underlight Angler and it game me that stupid "retrieving item information" text...which explained why FishingBuddy wasn't working properly for me. It corrected itself on its own about 15 minutes later, and I'm not convinced anything I did actually fixed it.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

You know what else does? Wiping and then having to clear the god damned trash anyways.

It's worse when keystones are running, because people see the clock and pull dumb and shockingly that gets you killed which costs you clock. It's like I get it, we have to go fast, but if we go stupid while going fast we'll wipe all the same.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I just did a daily heroic and it was pretty painful too. Though we had... decent dps at least. The main issue was the healer putting up 60k hps and it wasn't because people were taking no damage. I was tanking because it was a bag role but I usually out healed the healer just with my prot paladin heal every 9 seconds. I was using it on group members more than myself.

If you ever need a healer hit me up. I'm awesome. I'm averaging around 120k/s.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So Suramar is quickly becoming my least favorite zone. It's kind of a shame because it's beautiful, but fuck a ton of the design decisions that went into it.

The city really should have it's own sub-zone map.

Not a fan of the elite zone. Ironically, with some decent gear, situational awareness, good CD use and familiarity with the area (possible a body guard, that's what I have). Some of the group quests can be soloed). I don't see many people there, so I don't know if it's a lack of people not being far enough to get the world quests in the elite zone. The area just being a pain to navigate. Or if being in a group doesn't make it go that much faster, I think I killed 16 stelleris libertines before one finally got persuaded. The disguise thing wouldn't be so bad, if the detection patrols weren't so annoying.

Ancient mana is annoying to manage. Some of the withered army stuff is also pretty god awful.

Suramar is probably going to be one of those zones, I start avoiding once I get everything I want out of it or at least the city and withered army training.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

At least for my part, skipping trash and doing multiple simultaneous pulls is something that I do almost all the time, not solely to speed things up, but because it adds an element of tension and challenge to what is otherwise essentially just a trivial chore running through easy content.

Basically I have no interest in doing a dungeon run that is safe, comfortable, and easy for everyone involved. If gear has made content get to that point, then I'll look for ways to spice it up, whether that's with double/triple trash pulls involving multiple healing mobs that have to be interrupted, skipping packs to make positioning tighter, or pulling trash at the same time as bosses.

Everytime I run a dungeon I try to be a little bit more ambitious than the last time. Sometimes that means wiping, because there's no way to test your limits constantly without exceeding them from time to time. And how can you know what you're capable of if you don't try?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    The normal parts of Suramar are totally fine. The baskets are placed frequently enough and there aren't that many instadeath areas if you get unstealthed, and there also aren't many elite patrols with the quick unstealth.

The elite part is a total nightmare designed by crazy people. It's horrible beyond reason.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    The normal parts of Suramar are totally fine. The baskets are placed frequently enough and there aren't that many instadeath areas if you get unstealthed, and there also aren't many elite patrols with the quick unstealth.

The elite part is a total nightmare designed by crazy people. It's horrible beyond reason.

The baskets are hilarious when you stop to think about them.

"get him!"
    " nevermind guys, he's jumped into the basket. You know the rules, back up".

• Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Wait.... the baskets cause you to drop aggro?

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    Yep. And you can reapply disguise while in one.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

There are a couple of safe spots, though i'm sure its meant to be done in groups, just like the PVP WQ

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I play a blood dk and I was tooling through the elite section when I ran past a demon a little too slowly, and she dispelled my disguise. I ran madly, trying to scramble to find a safe exit, but got boxed into a dead end, with more elite felborne closing in and a pack of non-elite sycophants bombarding me with arcane blasts. I dove into a corner trying to lose them, but it was too shallow to shake any aggro and about a dozen mobs, half elites, piled in after me. I was down to under half-health, about to bolt and try to find another path, almost resigned to dying and releasing, but then I thought "Fuck it."

I dismounted, dropped Death and Decay, hit Consumption, and started wailing on them, targeting the non-elites, mind freezing, choking casters, throwing up anti-magic shell, deathgripping channelers, spreading blood plague everywhere, blood mirroring the big demon, death striking my health back up. It took minutes, multiple casts of Cosumption and Vampiric Blood, my health hovering at about 10-25% most of the time, but in the end they were all dead and I was alive. 22 ancient mana. I felt like a god.

I no longer fear the elite quarter. I cannot.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    There's a large, round pool of water in the elite area that mobs will not follow you into, and they will eventually lose aggro.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I play a blood dk and I was tooling through the elite section when I ran past a demon a little too slowly, and she dispelled my disguise. I ran madly, trying to scramble to find a safe exit, but got boxed into a dead end, with more elite felborne closing in and a pack of non-elite sycophants bombarding me with arcane blasts. I dove into a corner trying to lose them, but it was too shallow to shake any aggro and about a dozen mobs, half elites, piled in after me. I was down to under half-health, about to bolt and try to find another path, almost resigned to dying and releasing, but then I thought "Fuck it."

I dismounted, dropped Death and Decay, hit Consumption, and started wailing on them, targeting the non-elites, mind freezing, choking casters, throwing up anti-magic shell, deathgripping channelers, spreading blood plague everywhere, blood mirroring the big demon, death striking my health back up. It took minutes, multiple casts of Cosumption and Vampiric Blood, my health hovering at about 10-25% most of the time, but in the end they were all dead and I was alive. 22 ancient mana. I felt like a god.

I no longer fear the elite quarter. I cannot.

As a tank the only thing in the outdoor world that poses a threat is the world bosses. Still doesn't make that section any fun.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    those guys are pretty weak for elites, their main threat aggroing other mobs and swarming you but one on one even a shadow priest can deal with them.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

It's worse when keystones are running, because people see the clock and pull dumb and shockingly that gets you killed which costs you clock. It's like I get it, we have to go fast, but if we go stupid while going fast we'll wipe all the same.
    Dhalphir wrote: »

At least for my part, skipping trash and doing multiple simultaneous pulls is something that I do almost all the time, not solely to speed things up, but because it adds an element of tension and challenge to what is otherwise essentially just a trivial chore running through easy content.

Basically I have no interest in doing a dungeon run that is safe, comfortable, and easy for everyone involved. If gear has made content get to that point, then I'll look for ways to spice it up, whether that's with double/triple trash pulls involving multiple healing mobs that have to be interrupted, skipping packs to make positioning tighter, or pulling trash at the same time as bosses.

Everytime I run a dungeon I try to be a little bit more ambitious than the last time. Sometimes that means wiping, because there's no way to test your limits constantly without exceeding them from time to time. And how can you know what you're capable of if you don't try?

While I recognize that you have consistently phrased your post in terms of "how I feel," I feel like you're not recognizing part of the point. There's a difference between willingness to suffer setbacks while alone or while with likeminded people or while in a mood for a challenge and a willingness to suffer setbacks because someone else is testing their limits. For those who prefer to manage risk rather than to test risk, for those who have a limited amount of time to play, for those who just aren't in the mood to test limits, when someone comes along who insists on risk taking behaviour - especially high risk, low reward behavior - it's not exactly the highlight of the day.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
This discussion has been closed.