Legend of Phalla
Special Thanks for MrBlarney for helping game balance!
Hyrule is engulfed in Chaos! Ganon, the Prince of Darkness, has invaded the kingdom and secured the Triforce of Power, a magical artifact bestowing great strength. In an effort to save her kingdom, Princess Zelda has split the Triforce of Power’s counterpart, the Triforce of Wisdom, into eight fragments, hiding them in secret dungeons throughout the land to prevent them from falling into Ganon’s hands.Game Overview
Genre: Battle Mechanics, Dungeon Crawling
This is a Phalla game
, Penny Arcade Forum's version of the party game Mafia. Please view the linked thread if you need more information.
This game is inspired by the video game Legend of Zelda (NES). No knowledge of the source game is required to play in this game. In fact, some things have intentionally been changed so prior knowledge won’t provide additional benefit.
Most players in the game will play the role of Link, a hero that is seeking out the pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom in order to be able to defeat Gannon. In this game, each player has the ability to take additional actions beyond public discussion and voting, to search dungeons or possibly attack other players.Stats and Actions
Every player starts the game with three full heart containers (6 HP) and a wooden sword (Attack power of 1).
As the game progresses, items can be found to refill heart containers as well as increase player attack power.
If a player’s heart containers are empty, they will die.
Each night, a player can take one of two actions:
- Explore Dungeon - Player chooses a dungeon to explore. If the player has any Dungeon Items, they choose an item to take with them into the dungeon as well.
- Attack Other Player - Target one other player. They will take HP damage equal to the amount of your attack power.
Actions are submitted via Private Message.Items
Items are found as players explore dungeons successfully.
Items can be broken into three categories, and will be labeled appropriately when they are found:
- Dungeon Items - These items are used in dungeons only. When a player explores a dungeon, if they have any dungeon items, they will select one to take with them. Certain items provide secret rewards if used in the correct dungeon.
- Player Action Items - These are items that directly affect actions taken by the player against other players, or actions that target the player from other players. Once found, they will be always be associated to the player (unless otherwise specified)
- Access Items - Not all dungeons are able to be explored immediately. Certain dungeons require Access Items to be found before they are able to be explored
Dungeons are broken out into three categories:
- Open Access - These dungeons are explorable from the beginning
- Access Item Required - An item must be found from a previous dungeon that will open this dungeon
- Full Triforce Required - The final dungeon requires the entire Triforce be assembled before it can be entered
The following dungeons are available to be explored:
- Lake Hyrule - Open Access
- Eastern Woods - Open Access
- Western Forest - Open Access
- Lost Hills - Open Access
- The Graveyard - Open Access
- Lake Hylia Island - Access Item Required
- Dead End - Access Item Required
- Western Hyrule - Access Item Required
- Spectacle Rock - Full Triforce Required
Each dungeon contains a unique piece of the Triforce of Wisdom.
When a player successfully completes a dungeon, they will receive that dungeon’s piece of the Triforce of Wisdom.
A player must collect all 8 unique pieces to gain access to the final dungeon to attempt to battle Ganon.Triforce pieces can be traded/given to other players.
A player must notify the host that they wish to give a piece or pieces away and what player they wish to give them to. No player may have more than 1 of each unique piece of the Triforce.Final DungeonSpectacle Rock
Once a player has collected the 8 unique pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom, they will have access to the final dungeon, Spectacle Rock. A player may then choose at any point to enter the dungeon and challenge Ganon.
Multiple players are able to enter and challenge Ganon in one day, assuming each player has the 8 unique pieces of the Triforce.Host Warning:
Ganon is powerful and cannot be easily defeated. The game will not automatically end when the first person enters Ganon’s lair. It is strongly recommended that equipment is gathered and/or multiple people are present for kill attempts.Voting
In addition to exploring dungeons or fighting other players, everyone has the ability to gang up on a single player that is suspected of being an agent of Ganon. Vote for the player who you find most suspicious in bold red
with "!vote for <player name>
" or similar phrase. You may retract a vote by posting "!retract vote for <player name>
" or similar phrase in bold limegreen
or change your vote by making another one in bold red
. Do not, under any circumstance, edit a post that has a vote. If an edit is necessary, make a new post instead.
The player who receives the most votes will be eliminated from the game. Should there be a tie in the vote, then only the first person to hit the tied value will be eliminated. The vote resolves first in each day, before any player actions are resolved.
Voting will normally close each day at 7PM PT / 9PM CT / 10PM ET / 2AM UTC; any actions before the hour (x:59) will count, any actions on the hour and later (x:00) will not.Signing Up
Sign up with the phrase "I !sign up
" or similar phrase in bold limegreen
or other bright, easily visible color to ensure that your intent to play is acknowledged. There is no maximum nor minimum cap for signups for this game.Inactivity
Players must only vote every day to avoid inactivity. A public warning will be posted on the first day that this requirement is not met, and a replacement will be made on the second consecutive day of inactivity or third day overall. If there are no replacements available, then the inactive player will be eliminated from the game.Other Rules
Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots or direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. You may not add new players to preexisting private conversations after the first message - start a new conversation instead. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Once you are eliminated, you may not make any more game conversation with players remaining in the game.
If any players create "proboards" for private communication or conversations including more than two players, please send links for them to the host.