As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[No Man's Sky] this is now the old thread!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    This game has one of the coolest and nicest communities i've ever seen.

The part of the community that plays the game is super nice and helpful and sweet. The part of the community that doesn't play is still enraged about the launch, and they attempt to derail as many conversations about the game with their toxic bullshit as they can. It's a weird fuckin thing to experience

I'm not sure if it's fair to call the contingent of always angry not-players "part of the community". They're more like the antithesis outside the player community that just wants to burn the creators in effigy (or in person) for all eternity to soothe their own disappointment and feeling of being cheated.

Like, I don't consider the people who constantly complain about every little thing in the Star Wars canon as part of the Star Wars community either, any more than "concerned parents against violent video games" are part of the video game playing community, or atheists are part of the Christian community.

True, but the people I'm talking about continuously inhabit the same online spaces as the players and just shit on the game every chance they get. Unless my view of things are skewed, which is very possible, but any online place to discuss NMS seems to have posts talking about how great the game and how it has positively impacted their life next to posts talking about how the game is shit from a butt and Sean Murray is worse than Hitler.

They absolutely inhabit the same spaces, commonly because it's where people go to talk about the game. They are in the same space as the game's community, they're talking at the same places, they're just not part of the actual group. Any more than the folks who only go to Twilight fan places to bitch about Twilight, or diehard XBox fans who seek out conflict at specifically Playstation or Nintendo areas of the internet (or vice versa for any console or PC diehard). I guess that's my point, that the detractors of something commonly seek out the internet areas to try and find conflict, not do fan things.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    i mean inside the game
    people routinely drop full stacks of very expensive stuff onto newbs at the Anomaly
    there's the Hub community inside the game, patrolling, colonizing and helping people around the core
    but there's also the NMS Coordinate Exchange sub where people post all kind of amazing finds for you to go get, including huge activated indium farms where you can just get a full backpack of the mineral and sell it for a fortune.
    Oh and the weekend community activities for the special currency, the guys just create amazing bases at the target planet to help everyone.

people just won't stop playing NMS, and they won't stop helping. And, unlike in Elite (which also has a great bunch of people like the fuel rats), you can't even grief anyone (which is part of the game anyway)

EDIT:
    what do you know, they're doing it again:

pahk39332sh2.png

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular

looks like it could focus on colour and flora? maybe landscape features? stay tuned!

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I am fuckin pumped! HG has put out a lot of fuckin updates for this game, and I'm continually impressed by it

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Man, I can't wait until Ryzen 3 drops and I have a decent enough processor to play this in VR. It's so awesome and so close to working!

• Options
    Whooo, trailer is up and it's fuckin wild

https://youtu.be/0DNoSn9W2vI

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I watched the trailer and I dont get it? What are they promoting here?

I've only got maybe 10 hours of playtime on NMS, so I'm no expert, but I didn't necessarily see anything that seemed new to me.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I've only got maybe 10 hours of playtime on NMS, so I'm no expert, but I didn't necessarily see anything that seemed new to me.

Immediately offhand: the structure with the floating sphere above it, the volcanic activity, spaceborne life can seemingly be found outside of jump events, the giant sand worm from the original trailer is finally being added.

They have also said the patch is supposed to also intended to set up programming groundwork for future content patches.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nice, pretty amazing list of updates yet again. Interesting to see the meteor shower.

The new weather/cloud system looks great also.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    The patch notes are nuts.

I almost find it annoying that they keep making their god damned game that much better. :lol:

I'm genuinely curious what kind of continued sales they get from these major updates that are free. It must be sufficient to keep pushing them out?

It is just becoming increasingly bizarre in a world where massive games come out, full priced, already loaded with microtransactions, knowing continuing to play the game after launch will required continued investment.

Yet, here's Hello Games just giving me more awesome stuff for a game they've already redeemed well beyond what they owed any of us, continually, for years...for no cost.

So that annoyance is probably more guilt at this point. I guess I could buy it on XB1 too? :rotate:

Anyway, guess I'll be playing this again! I want a mother fucking volcanic planet with sandworms and I'm not going to stop till I find one. If it's in a multi-star system, all the better!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

The most significant change is greater diversity in the planets. Planets actually having realistic looking mountains with verdant fields might seem like no big deal, but when a large chunk of this game can involve settling on a single planet and building out adding in diversity like this goes a long way.

There also seems to be a general refresh of "stuff" in the game making things feel more involved/lived in.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »

The most significant change is greater diversity in the planets. Planets actually having realistic looking mountains with verdant fields might seem like no big deal, but when a large chunk of this game can involve settling on a single planet and building out adding in diversity like this goes a long way.

There also seems to be a general refresh of "stuff" in the game making things feel more involved/lived in.

Yes, this, looking at some of the screens in the patch notes, it already seems like the vistas and terrain are substantially more varied.

And considering that players have produced screenshots that make hello games shots look pathetic in comparison, I am excited to see what kind of things players produce with all the new terrain, storms, etc.

I wonder if, with this update, if there are any major features promised before launch, that haven't been implemented (and then some); as the sort of diversity changes this seems to be making makes good on some of those initial promises (again, and then some). I guess actually rotating/orbiting planets?

Please, Hello Games, next, please let us own/build space stations. I want to see players work to build the sort of nonsense amalgamation of stations and structures like in the intro of the movie Valerian. It's the only part of the movie I've ever seen, and I think it's an awesome concept. If players could build stations, even though it wouldn't really be functional, I predict the start making Dyson structures in short order. :lol:

• Options
    It's been awhile since I played so I forgot what the planet I was on looked like then, but when I hopped on just now it's a lavender paradise planet with mostly mushrooms and rocks and stuff. BUT, everything glows, like pulsates. The lush grass pulses when it's blown by the wind, the mushrooms glow more sedately. It's fuckin pretty as hell, yo.

Also saw a worm in the distance, and fuck me if Shai-Hulud isn't huge

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The notes said that they didn't change the terrain of any of the existing planets, but every system should get at least one new planet that will have the new terrain and stuff. However, it wasn't clear on whether or not existing planets will have changed flora/fauna, so I'll be curious to check out my planets. My most recent dive into the game I hadn't really started to build a major base on any planet, I was just "reserving" planets with resources I wanted for minor operations. So if they've become hellscapes or nightmares of monsters or giant dick trees, I won't have lost much. :lol:

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    You guys seem like the right ones to ask: at this point, what do you do in No Man's Sky? I've never played the game but I've always wanted to but the initial reports of "it's basically a survival game with some crafting" put me off because that kind of game isn't usually my thing. At this point I know there have been 715 updates and I don't know anyone who's actively playing it but I heard there was a story now? Maybe?

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Peen wrote: »
    You guys seem like the right ones to ask: at this point, what do you do in No Man's Sky? I've never played the game but I've always wanted to but the initial reports of "it's basically a survival game with some crafting" put me off because that kind of game isn't usually my thing. At this point I know there have been 715 updates and I don't know anyone who's actively playing it but I heard there was a story now? Maybe?

There's definitely a story.

Don't expect Mass Effect or anything, though.

It's a lot more philosophical and just kind of...a thing to think about while you're exploring the universe. It's worth doing, at least, because it unlocks, or leads to unlocks, of virtually everything; so if the sort of pondering of the nature of reality and life doesn't do it for you, there's still mechanical purpose to it. You have to make a tough choice at the end, but keep in mind, that if you choose to stay, you can always move on later on your own; but if you choose to go, getting back is a lot more work.

I'll just say this and attempt to avoid spoilers, as such (again, this isn't Mass Effect, it isn't a major story thing to be spoiled): If you have never played through the story in NMS, I would highly recommend following it to its completion, before you invest any major time into base building or extended exploration; at least any more than the game requires to play through the story. The story isn't terribly long, if you just follow it, a lot of it is fetch-quest-y; but yeah. That's all I'll say. Ignore me if you'd like, but you'll understand why I said what I did, when you get there. EDIT: To be clear, this issue isn't even a major issue anymore; however it is still kind of...wonky, the after effects depending on what you choose, so I'd still make the suggestion.

But as far as what to do:
    221858705_5BFXM-L-2.jpg

It's ultimately a survival game, where what you do, is what you want to do.

There's just a lot more to do now, than there used to be; but like with any survival game, at some point you're going to start seeing the seams. Particularly with todays update, there should now be an absurd amount of variety in planets, meaning you won't necessarily be able to judge what you're going to get simply by looking at a few stats from space, so planetary exploration should be a lot more rewarding. You can build bases on any planet you want, you can farm, you can tame animals to ride, you can trade, you can explore derilects, both in space and on planets. You can upgrade your gear, ships, freighters, etc (though still not to the degree some of us would like, on some of those, but maybe someday). There are vehicles you can build that all serve different purposes. You can play with others if you want, avoid them entirely if you'd like. You can now land on the nexus and run daily/weekly quests for currency to unlock different costume options, decorations for your base, etc; that can be done multiplayer or alone. Lots more too, but again, it all comes down to things to do for the fun of it, with no real purpose other than because you find it interesting or enjoyable. Build the fanciest pants base in the world! But, don't expect it to help you fight a non-existent end-boss to get the credit roll. Built your fleet of vehicles and your mech and stomp around wrecking forests and creatures! But know that they're just really different means of travel and collection of materials for trade, upgrades, and building. Run missions for factions from space stations! But know that you're only doing them, again, for resources you can get via other means, and that increasing faction just gives you access to more missions that do the same. Learn all the words! This one is actually useful because you can eventually understand what NPC's are saying to you, and not have to guess in discovered factories and such, or guess for obelisk choices.

There's a lot of more stuff too, and none of it actually goes anywhere. You just have to decide for yourself if that's a good thing, or a bad thing.

Even for us who really enjoy it, I think (maybe I should just speak for myself) there's always a point where something clicks in our brains and we go "wait, why am I still doing this?", and for me at least that's when I know it's time to put away the game for awhile, because if I keep playing then I start to resent the "work". But as long as I'm having a great time just existing in this fake world, seeing things that I can't see in reality, convincing my brain that I'm actually exploring something new, building a cool base, etc, that's all the incentive I need.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Well, this was my homeworld just after I unlocked my first living ship.
    gShaSHU.jpg?1

Here it is now.
    ckL8hCb.jpg?1

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
  • Options
    I am right on the cusp of setting up VR, so I might just start a new save when I get that and explore this content then.

• Options
    edited September 2020

First thought: Man that'd suck if the worms can destroy your bases.

Second thought: fuck, I wish they'd add base defenses and tower defense elements to the game!

EDIT: even if not the latter, it'd be cool if you could set up turrets and program them to, say, only shoot aggressive creatures in their vicinity (or all creatures) and then have little task robots that will go around and collect the resources they drop on death.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Heh, apparently I haven't played since 12/29 of last year.

I have no idea at all where the hell I even am. Some random planet with really bad weather.

Why am I here? What was I doing?

When did they add titles? I haven't played since prior to the previous update. I noticed on the starfield loading screen there were dark nebula and such, don't recall that being there.

EDIT: oh, I think
    I had just arrived in the second galaxy.

For anyone who's completed the main quest:
    Does the Atlas Path mission ever go away, or is it just repeatable every galaxy?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited September 2020
    ROLLY POLLY BUGS! <3

EDIT: oh man, I just found a volcano burned planet. It is pretty cool. I wonder how viable a base on a planet like this would be.

EDIT2: Ouch, 50k nanites to upgrade a multitool from A to S.

I can't tell if buying a new slot will let me go over 24 slots, or just give me an item in the inventory I can use to increase slots up to 24?

I guess like ships, you can use any multitool you want and get it to S and max slots, so that should be good?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    Also saw a worm in the distance, and fuck me if Shai-Hulud isn't huge

I guess my experience was kinda like that, except pants-shitting terror as he burst out of the ground and leapfrogged me, blotting out the sun along the way.

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I found a couple of volcano planets, but the other planets I found didn't have anything noticeably different in regards to terrain or flora. :(

I went back to my story base, and nothing had changed on the planet.

Except the skyscraper sized sandworm that jumped over my head when I came through the portal! :lol:

I was not prepared for how huge that thing was.

EDIT: one of the volcano planets did have enormous mountains at least. I don't know about "multi-km" mountains, but way bigger than any I've seen before. If they weren't the top end of where they can go now, that's pretty nuts.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I am terrified to think how the worms would look in VR...

• Options
    Oh, I did catch a sunset on an extreme weather planet after a storm (which was pretty epic by the way) and the improved lighting with the improved clouds that were clearing after the storm; it was pretty damn awesome.

I'm hoping my upgrade to my cpu/mobo here shortly will reduce the hitching on loading when on planets somewhat. The general performance of the game is smooth, but that initial load, or loading when you're moving across a planet quickly, causes a lot of pretty dramatic hitching that really kills some of the atmosphere. I've always encountered it, somewhat; but it's super bad after this patch.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Just played a brief permadeath run on VR. Caught sight of a few meteors, which took me by surprise.

Otherwise asphyxiated alone in a dark, dead-end cave. Great times.

edit: I also think playing around with an earlier version on PS4 screwed me over, because my proper save file, which I backed up to USB, is read by the game as corrupt.

edit edit: and the PSN cloud backup can be read but only offers a new game? 🤔

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Has anyone figured out how to scan a sand worm? No matter how close I am, it won't trigger.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Has anyone figured out how to scan a sand worm? No matter how close I am, it won't trigger.

Yeah, I couldn't figure it out either. I happened to be standing on top of a mushroom on top of a hill when one exploded out of the ground in front of me and so I leaped up and flew towards it while trying to scan and I even bumped into it, but no scan. Might be intentional, might be a bug, dunno.

Also, I'm at work right now but when I get home I'll upload some screenshots. The game is still massively pretty! This planet still wows me, even though I'm getting used to how it looks. I also found a monolith and right next to it one of those new huge megastructures. Well, it looked right next to the monolith anyways. The monolith was in a little bowl and the megastructure was peeking over the top of the bowl so I climbed it and realized that no, it wasn't anywhere nearby but several kilometers away on the horizon, but so fucking huge that it looked close. It's pretty awe-inspiring to be honest. I went in and looked around but I think because it's a dead system with no people, I might not have been able to properly experience and interact with it. Did find something that looked like a sign with writing above a doorway, gonna post that to Reddit and see if people smarter than me can tell if it's actually part of an alphabet or not. Just lines and dots, but it screamed "hidden messages" to me, and it wasn't above any other doors except that one (that I could find, anyways)

I did get to see some lightning during a storm! That was real cool, plus the superheated storms apparently increase jetpack efficiency or something so at least if you're out in em you get a little boost

edit: here's a link to a Reddit post of a planet that looks a lot like mine. Mine has mostly lavender glowing grass with small patches of cyan, and bright yellow or blue mushrooms, but otherwise it's just like in this video:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/iybs45/my_whole_home_planet_is_alive_now_this_update_is/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    My god. After the usual horrendous first steps in the game (I wonder if this is intentional) I actually managed to find a good planet on the second system I went to with no hazards and minimal sentinal presence. The grass is a blinding blood red but I'll fucking take it. Spent last night actually bothering to do legitimate base construction and I'm reminded about the one thing I hate in all base construction (whether here, Subnautica or FO4/76): not knowing how certain building blocks are meant to be placed properly. I couldn't get stairs made for the life of me (I guess a "wooden ramp" isn't TECHNICALLY a set of stairs. . .)

. . .also the game seems to run a lot better as well. Load times other than at the start are pretty inoffensive.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Yes, please!

Now they need to implement in-atmosphere ship combat events to have awesome dog fights flying through the valleys!

EDIT:has anyone found any binary systems yet? I'm curious if you can see them from the galaxy map, or unknown until you arrive.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I’m so interested in this new update, maybe even more than I was in Beyond to a certain extent! I think it’ll end with my backing off after a couple weeks when I start to lose sight of a clear goal but damn if exploring new worlds and seeing new and crazier shit isn’t getting me excited

I just have to find an easy way to make money, because I’ve never ever been efficient at it in this game, and it’s my biggest barrier. I just keep getting distracted by other shiny things!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I’m so interested in this new update, maybe even more than I was in Beyond to a certain extent! I think it’ll end with my backing off after a couple weeks when I start to lose sight of a clear goal but damn if exploring new worlds and seeing new and crazier shit isn’t getting me excited

I just have to find an easy way to make money, because I’ve never ever been efficient at it in this game, and it’s my biggest barrier. I just keep getting distracted by other shiny things!

Find a salvageable ship that's worth a decent chunk, plop a base down, and build a teleporter. Claim and salvage the wreck...then just keep playing like normal. The wrecks will respawn.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Find a salvageable ship that's worth a decent chunk, plop a base down, and build a teleporter. Claim and salvage the wreck...then just keep playing like normal. The wrecks will respawn.

You can also crash a market for something (wired looms and ionized cobalt are pretty easy ones that are near universal) and hop a few systems and do the same, and make a ton of money with no real effort, and only a pretty minimal base to start with. With the stacks going to 9999 now, the latter is probably better anymore.

There's plenty of videos of how to do it on youtube, so I won't go over it in depth here. Basically it's buying, at the galactic terminal on the space station, all of one of these materials, then immediately dump it all to crash the price. Rebuy it all, then wait for NPC ships on the station and they'll have the crashed value for those items, and buy it all from them until you're out of money, or the game is out of NPC's. Go to another system, land on the station, go to the terminal (the terminal has to sell that item to begin with, don't try this if it doesn't; thats why those materials are common, they are at almost every terminal), sell everything, then immediately buy it, and repeat. It'll cost you substantially less to repurchase the things, compared to what you sell them for in a fresh system. Then do it until you're tired of making money.

Regardless, the easiest and most reliable way early game to get money while actually just playing normally, is to upgrade your multitool with S rank scanners asap. Early in the game there's several sources of large chunks of nanites, and S rank scanner upgrades from station vendors usually increase the money gained from scanning non-minerals (just flora and fauna) by minimum +6000% (and up to 10,000% or so), so 3 of those means just scanning a plant or an animal can give you 300k or so for plants and 1-2m for each new creature. You're going to be doing this anyway, so might as well maximize it asap. Once you can warp, pretty early, just hop around systems a few times, check the station vendors for these, and make sure to grab the suit inventory upgrade at both the station, and if you've gotten far enough in the story, the nexus (every system will have a new one of each, it's the easiest and quickest way to upgrade your inventories; it works well if you're doing the market stuff at the same time, but isn't required if you're not in any rush).

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Erlkönig wrote: »

You can also crash a market for something (wired looms and ionized cobalt are pretty easy ones that are near universal) and hop a few systems and do the same, and make a ton of money with no real effort, and only a pretty minimal base to start with. With the stacks going to 9999 now, the latter is probably better anymore.

There's plenty of videos of how to do it on youtube, so I won't go over it in depth here. Basically it's buying, at the galactic terminal on the space station, all of one of these materials, then immediately dump it all to crash the price. Rebuy it all, then wait for NPC ships on the station and they'll have the crashed value for those items, and buy it all from them until you're out of money, or the game is out of NPC's. Go to another system, land on the station, go to the terminal (the terminal has to sell that item to begin with, don't try this if it doesn't; thats why those materials are common, they are at almost every terminal), sell everything, then immediately buy it, and repeat. It'll cost you substantially less to repurchase the things, compared to what you sell them for in a fresh system. Then do it until you're tired of making money.

Regardless, the easiest and most reliable way early game to get money while actually just playing normally, is to upgrade your multitool with S rank scanners asap. Early in the game there's several sources of large chunks of nanites, and S rank scanner upgrades from station vendors usually increase the money gained from scanning non-minerals (just flora and fauna) by minimum +6000% (and up to 10,000% or so), so 3 of those means just scanning a plant or an animal can give you 300k or so for plants and 1-2m for each new creature. You're going to be doing this anyway, so might as well maximize it asap. Once you can warp, pretty early, just hop around systems a few times, check the station vendors for these, and make sure to grab the suit inventory upgrade at both the station, and if you've gotten far enough in the story, the nexus (every system will have a new one of each, it's the easiest and quickest way to upgrade your inventories; it works well if you're doing the market stuff at the same time, but isn't required if you're not in any rush).

The biggest barrier for the S-rank scanner upgrades is going to be getting a multitool with enough slots. That initial multitool investment can be kinda pricey...so it might be a good idea to kick things off with a good ship salvage, then switch over to scanner upgrade.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    The places I have resource gathering bases have all change drastically. Although none of them have changed biomes like my homeworld.

9oeJltZ.jpg?1
    All the plants here pulse with energy.

fzUYZmc.jpg?1
    This one is now covered in what are effectively D12s.

Rl8ZTpw.jpg?1
    This one, which is also covered in volcanoes now, is infested with sandworms and swolegoats.

• Options
    They skipped leg day

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Interesting...

After the update yesterday, I was spending most of my time helping friends get into the game. Today, I finally managed to get back to my bases to check out if anything changed.

Turns out, my base that I plonked down next to a freighter wreck worth 32mil dropped a couple meters into the ground. When I teleported to it, I fell through the world because the geometry hadn't loaded in. That was a bit of a surprise.

Also surprisingly, my base that I literally built into the side of a mountain was just fine.

(screenshot of mountainside base pre-Origins update...you can barely see one of my exocraft along the left side. the "garage" is actually inside the hollowed out mountain)
    xrc3zcib7tit.jpg