As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[No Man's Sky] this is now the old thread!

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I finally was avle to purchase a medium refiner and that opened up so much. I didn't know I could break down a chlorine lattice to get chlorine.

Now, after a day of gameplay, I've fixed those pesky broken parts of my new C class ship.

Yeah, its not as sleek as the starter ship, and the class is the same, but it has 24 cargo spaces. And it makes me think... "space trucker."

Plus, this game is hitting all those brain tics I have. "Ok, just one more thing for the refinery.

Okay, now just one more.

Okay, this is the last one..."

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Oh, god. Does this mean I'd be good in shipping and recieving?

Moving inventory around and making sure just the right product is on hand?

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    If I'm switching multitools, am I going to want to deconstruct everything on the old tool first? Is there a way to keep my fancy S-rank enhancements, or will they need to be repurchased from scratch?

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    If I'm switching multitools, am I going to want to deconstruct everything on the old tool first? Is there a way to keep my fancy S-rank enhancements, or will they need to be repurchased from scratch?

Can't carry anything over between tools or ships. Might as well break it down.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Is there any reason to have a C rank mod and an S rank mod of the same type on an exosuit or multitool?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Is there any reason to have a C rank mod and an S rank mod of the same type on an exosuit or multitool?

Multiple mods stack, and even have a sync bonus when they are next to each other.

• Options
    Cool. Thanks!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks!

That only works up to a limit of 3 though. So you can have 3 upgrades next to whatever it is they are upgrading.

• Options
    I have about half of my exosuit slots taken up with upgrades though, and it feels punishing. Quite a few starship slots too.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    I have about half of my exosuit slots taken up with upgrades though, and it feels punishing. Quite a few starship slots too.

Are you using the tech slots, too?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Yes.

Question, I have a 46 cargo slot, 8 tech slot class B hauler that I like. What is the functional difference in getting an S class ship?

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    S class specs are different for each class, would have to check the wiki to be sure. I think for the haulers you get max slots and shields.

• Options
    I've only found a few S class anything, ships and multitools, and they did not have max slots, so I passed on them.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    In recent NMS?

The only S class anything that even can roll without max slots are exotic ships and alien multitools. EDIT: max slots for its class. I.e. hauler, explorer, shuttle. For multitools I don't think the pistol type can roll as S anymore at all. If it's S it'll be a large rifle type and be 24 slot. You can still get 24 slot multitools that are lower class/stats. Ships though, I don't thin you can get actual max slots for the type and not be S class. It may have max inventory but not max tech, or vice versa

Oh, and freighters I guess, but they are still in the older system of having internal classes that can be c-s but are "sized". So a freighter classified as small can be an S without meeting the max slots for freighters as a whole.

However with normal ships and multitools if it's an S it will have the max slots for it's type. If I was at my pc I'd put the list of slots per class.

EDIT2: Here's a link to the ship stats and stuff https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Starship

The only thing I think that's different than on that is since at least Beyond, I'm pretty sure small/medium size ships can't roll S at all now. It might be prior, but I do recall some lamentation on the tubewebs about people annoyed that they literally can't get the ship types they want anymore S class and/or max slots, that S and therefore max slots were exclusive to the large types. and exotic ships cap out so low anyway despite being S (I guess just for looks and stats?)

EDIT3: What I wish is they'd put out a whole big patch thingy exclusively for ships, and make them entirely customizable. Make their slots be upgradable like the base inventory (there's no reason a tiny ship can't have 48 slots if I can hold more on my person), and have parts either effect stats, or let you choose an archtype for your stats and just have parts be purely cosmetic.

Just let players make their ships look like they want, and be able to have adequate inventories without needing to camp a trade outpost for hours hoping an S lands and it happens to be one you actually like. For NPC's instead of buying their ship, maybe you could buy their "blueprint" or something, to purchase unique decorations on their ship, so there'd be a reason to still interact with the NPC's and pay attention to their ships. Plus it'd just increase the options for the community events/currency by having ship options.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    holy Atlas, that's amazing

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Upgrading ships is long overdue but very welcome.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Donnicton on
  • Options
    Noooo gimme now

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Welp, time to jump back into the game again.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    Is VR playable now?

The 150ish hours of time I spent playing in VR since Beyond say, "yes"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Good Lord, I ask and then they just hand it out!

I have to think of something else I want in the game, maybe they'll add it in a day or two. :rotate:

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Campy wrote: »
    Is VR playable now?

The 150ish hours of time I spent playing in VR since Beyond say, "yes"

I tried it again and it's still barfsville with my 6600k and 2070 super 😔

However this has galvanised me into finally OCing my CPU to see if that solves anything! +400MHz stable and counting!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    My main save is still borked and I am still very unhappy about it.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Started up a fresh save on this new update, the QoL stuff is definitely nice. Storage units up to 20 slots each is great, being able to swap between ore/gas/power on the surveyor is great. Integrated refiner is great, but feels a bit clunky to interact with, plus I think it occasionally decides that it is full of a resource and starts cranking away, when I first crafted it it was stuffed full of carbon, and at least twice since then I've caught it with a nearly-full stack of sand and a full output of glass. Exocraft still need an analysis visor and probably a general speed upgrade. Haven't touched ship upgrade stuff, mostly because I haven't set up a pro cash farm yet so I'm not gonna throw money down that hole until I find a ship I like the look of. Also it is unclear if you can add tech slots or just general inventory.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    You can add tech and inventory slots, I've done both.

But the price gets very steep, I'm barley a quarter into adding slots to my ship and already the price was 30 million for my last slot and 35 for my next.

But man I'm gonna have the bestest squidship when I'm done.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    dang, getting a new freighter is oof
    gone are all my cool things i made

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Well fuck yes, I love when games let me make music inside them

https://youtu.be/Yj43Ssa8IH4

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Well, after a god awful amount of hours on both PS4 and then PC I am actually going to go to the center.

My understanding is that you can choose to stay or go on. Is there anything you miss out on if you stay?
    other than a new Galaxy I mean. You still get the rememberance blueprint, right? Are there any further quests in a new Galaxy? Can you choose to go to a new Galaxy later if you choose not to reset first? I don't really have any attachment to the Euclid Galaxy other than other players seem more likely to be there and that matters somewhat now.

I guess you can still return to Euclid after, via your bases, but is it still true that doing so means Euclid stations don't stay in your portal list? I've read of people having the new Galaxy stations not stick either, anyone run into that?

Does the Nexus pull people from all galaxies? I guess you can use the portal there to go to other galaxies, but I haven't looked at that at all.

Anyone have any strong opinions or good/bad experiences either way?

EDIT: hmmmm sounds like
    essentam or however it is spelled is more likely to have nice lush worlds without hyper active sentinels on them. That is awfully appealing!

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Your second spoiler is correct. Tranquil galaxies have a higher chance of spawning lush planets.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I will call my new ship 'Moya'. Prepare for starburst, let's get the frell out of here! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5wzbvvEU4I

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I got an egg on the Nexus station from a generous person. But after burning through the questline it wants me to portal to a planet... in Euclid... which is not the galaxy I'm in.

No living ship for me I guess. At least until that gets fixed.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It's kind of funny, I was looking forward to trying out the big patch, but when I saw that there were going to have timed community event things I lost all interest whatsoever. I know that gameplaywise they're usually strictly superior to not having events, but the idea that there's something there for me to miss out on if I don't devote a ton of my time of playing it made me not want to engage with even the more stable parts of the game.

• Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I got an egg on the Nexus station from a generous person. But after burning through the questline it wants me to portal to a planet... in Euclid... which is not the galaxy I'm in.

just portal or teleport back to Euclid. It's really easy and ridiculously quick.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »

just portal or teleport back to Euclid. It's really easy and ridiculously quick.

I have no idea how to do that. All I know is the egg gave me a portal address in Euclid, but when I travel to it the quest tells me that it is not the right place. I am 100% confident that I have the glyphs right.

• Options
    oh, then you got a bug. I thought Euclid was the issue.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I think I got lucky.

There's a big portal apparently in the Nexus that lets you access old bases, even in other galaxies. I used that. Thankfully I had an abandoned base in Euclid. Portal has worked and I'm working on the rest now.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    It's perfect.

gShaSHU.jpg?1

-edit-

The best part so far is that it eats chromatic metal instead of warp fuel. I never have to make a warp cell again when flying this ship.

-double edit-

I found a pure white one crashed on a planet this morning, didn't scan or anything the location just popped up when I logged in. It would appear that once you get your first ship, crashed versions will call out to you sometimes.

MuddBudd on