As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Well, yes, they're both state capitals. And they actually have the infrastructure to handle conventions, unlike many places.

I think both actually get a bit of a short shrift, they're both actually pretty cool places.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Well, yes, they're both state capitals. And they actually have the infrastructure to handle conventions, unlike many places.

I think both actually get a bit of a short shrift, they're both actually pretty cool places.

OK, I admit I was giving them a bit of lip. They're not bad cities, and I'm sure there's cool stuff in them. (Admittedly, when attending a con, you rarely see anything of the actual city, so....) But neither are exactly equivalents of Copenhagen or Berlin, either.

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with Birmingham per se, or the Games Expo! I'll likely be heading there for Nationals, too, assuming they use the same space this year (and I hope they do, because it was far and away the most comfortable tournament I've ever been to and I had the best burrito of my life from around the corner).

I'm just being daft, really. I can go to <European city of choice> any time.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    John Hackman is canon in new Angeles!

Hackman hacked so hard he hacked into the game!

Dis' on
  • Options
    He made it in there as well? I know I saw him in the New Angeles rulebook, where he wrote the NBN blurb at the back.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    He made it in there as well? I know I saw him in the New Angeles rulebook, where he wrote the NBN blurb at the back.

That's what I meant - it's me, the noob confused by too much netrunner content.

• Options
    So a French podcast had a spoiler set for the rest of the runner cards from Martial Law.

There's some translations in the comments. Baba Yaga seems a bit crazy?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Two influence means you're probably not going to run it outside of shaper, and it doesn't ignore the MU costs of programs installed on it. I imagine you're supposed to throw something like Houdini+Faerie+Inti on it?

0:Break Sentry Subroutine
    1:Break Barrier Subroutine
    1:Break Code Gate Subroutine
    1: +1 strength
    2: +1 strength for the remainder of this run.
    2: +4 strength for the remainder of this run. Use this ability only by spending at least 1 credit from a stealth card.

Oh, oh, oh, you can use it with Special Order and the central only crim breakers! Breach, Passport, and Faerie seems workable, but it's super dicey now that you're not running Shaper with their anti-trashing shenanigans.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Two influence means you're probably not going to run it outside of shaper, and it doesn't ignore the MU costs of programs installed on it. I imagine you're supposed to throw something like Houdini+Faerie+Inti on it?

0:Break Sentry Subroutine
    1:Break Barrier Subroutine
    1:Break Code Gate Subroutine
    1: +1 strength
    2: +1 strength for the remainder of this run.
    2: +4 strength for the remainder of this run. Use this ability only by spending at least 1 credit from a stealth card.

Oh, oh, oh, you can use it with Special Order and the central only crim breakers! Breach, Passport, and Faerie seems workable, but it's super dicey now that you're not running Shaper with their anti-trashing shenanigans.

My mind went to Switchblade...

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah if you're running stealth on it then like switchblade, yog, faerie and inti. Otherwise, sharpshooter has the best pump ratio

• Options
    Yog, Faerie, and Breach seems like the best combo. Expensive to set up though.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Faust seems better

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Huh, I totally missed that Cold Reading was a stealth card. That could be handy.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like anything with a pump that lasts the whole run would be amazing on it.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    baba yaga

imagine:

sharpshooter/refractor+faerie+any fracter ever (probably inti)

run it in shaper, probably Smoke but Kate is also right there

super, super dumb

Shorty on
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Can you use the hosted programs independently of Baba Yaga though? Or does an anti-AI ICE bring the whole thing crashing down?

• Options
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Can you use the hosted programs independently of Baba Yaga though? Or does an anti-AI ICE bring the whole thing crashing down?

There doesn't seem to be anything to indicate that you can't

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hosted programs are still in play as normal, so they should still be usable.

• Options
    yeah you'll want some sort of decoder for turing and a not-faerie killer for swordsman

• Options
    Honestly, I look forward to all the salt that'll happen the first time I get to Hunter Seeker a Baba Yaga, and then maybe follow up it with a Ark Lockdown.

whoops you took too long now your breakers are gone. *fireworks*

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Honestly, I look forward to all the salt that'll happen the first time I get to Hunter Seeker a Baba Yaga, and then maybe follow up it with a Ark Lockdown.

whoops you took too long now your breakers are gone. *fireworks*

It's a lot of eggs for one basket, and you need to find it early and spend 5 credits getting it set up before you can start adding breakers to it, and it's 2 influence.

So you can break big pieces of ice more efficiently. It's fun. It will work from time to time.

redx on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I think baba yaga is mainly a solution in search of a problem

but it's also going to keep a lot of those problems from ever seeing any play to begin with

Shorty on
  • Options
    It's an interesting card, at any rate. It'll be fun to jank with!

• Options
    I think it'll be good for certain IDs who don't really get access to the other overpowered breaker suites like the anarch or stealth rigs.
    -The Professor can use it as his super breaker as although its a lot of pieces they're credit cheap (which doesn't worry Kate or Smoke).
    -Same goes for Hayley: BY/inti/refractor/faerie is only 6 credits to install. Add in sharpshooter to boost.
    -Adam can use it to build a powerful rig for a lot less influence than he might have to spend otherwise: BY/Mimic/Inti/Passport is only 6 inf to break anything before you start putting in some of the super efficient breakers.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    In other news I had a nice store champs this weekend.
    Corp deck:
    Took a crazy 3xConsulting Visit/Hasty CI that is probably bad but is just so much fun. (No Jackson!)
    Runner deck:
    @Cerberus 's advice convinced me to try and make an anarch deck. Siphon decks kept running into #anarchproblems in testing (plus best defense ruined a lot of my days) I eventually stole @Epimer's blackmail spam list from netrunnerdb and put temujin, DDoS, En Passant and Vamps for maximum synergy ;).

The Day:
    Had a lovely drive down in the early morning sunshine (Scottish Highlands are scenic - who knew). We had well over 20 people so four rounds and cut to top 8.
    Round 1:
    Against Nexus Andy. No ice hand, mulled into no more ice, blue leveled into still no more ice. Got Siphoned turn 1 as CI (:<). Leaked some points whilst rebuilding and she got the source, film critic and fall guy down (though Hasty CI actually laughs at the source so it wasn't a problem). Got up to 6 points and was ready to score the last agenda when she ran HQ. I had 12 cards in hand and but a single agenda (the winning one for either of us), she asked to borrow my D20 to randomise her pick and my own dice betrayed me D:
    Against Blue Sun. Got Lizzie Milled turn two, but DDoS, En Passant, and Rebirthing into Omar wrecked all her ice. Then Medium Was A Good Card.
    Round 2:
    Against Siphon Quetzal (nice). So turns out Turings on HQ and R&D is pretty good against the Siphon Q lists. Sure he can siphon once a turn at the cost of his whole turn but CI can easily out money that. Scored out whilst he was digging for a decoder.
    Against NEH Butchershop (not shutdown). He got a breaking news and a 15 minutes from hand early. I was medium digging for 10+ cards and not finding the win whilst watching a 24/7 slowly float to the top of his deck and being sure he had a Boom! in his double Archangel'd HQ. Valencia then took a missile to the head.
    Round 3:
    Against a Big Digs Valencia. CI's combo was a turn faster than his combo. Scored 4 points in the last turn for maximum style.
    Against Jammy(?) HB. This was the one game of the day I did the more traditional blackmail spam plan (recurring blackmail for Obelus/Medium/RDI runs on R&D) as he was fast track/bioticing his agendas out. Eventually he had a Fairchild3/Vikram/Vanilla R&D ice stack and I won the turn before he did with a 6 card glory run (spend all clicks, all D4 tokens) to get in.

So I'm on 4-2, probably need to sweep the last round to make the cut...and then I get paired against fecking Seamus (who was on 5-1 and paired down) who was playing Temujin Whizz and Hot Tubs :/.
    Round 4:
    Against Whizzard: Medium Was a Good Card, CI lost on turn 2 with 4 agendas off the top.
    Against Hot Tubs: I had a turn 1 Temujin and rebirthed into Whizz early and managed to stay on top of the early board state. He bootcamped a Lizzie Mills but it turns out the number of ice Hot tubs runs (8-9) is not nearly enough to beat DDos/En Passant and bunch of Deja Vu's. Medium was again confirmed as a good card with supporting work from Vamp.

These super short games gave us enough time for a friendly of Val vs Hot Tubs where once again the Hot Tubs ice suite could not handle en passant and friends.

Splitting with Seamus gave me a good enough SoS to be the top of the 5-3s and squeek into the cut. This was four of the people in the cut's first time and we didn't really know what to do which was very amusing (though one of us neophytes eventually won - props to Mark!)

Cut Game 1:
    Against first seed, they choose to go Andy against my CI. Turn one employee strike made for a sad face, and he got six points whilst a struggled to get out of it. Eventually had to semi-blind combo (Hasty last click to put 3 cards back, then Acc Diagnostics the following turn with 1 unknown card) to break the strike, but then was off to the races scoring eff committee and GFI the following turn. Had to play to my outs of drawing a biotic before he found the last agenda, and failed. This will be on youtube at some point.
    Cut Game 2:
    Against Jonny (who top 8'd nats this year): He's on CtM against my Val. I mull a no-econ hand into another no-econ hand, then gambled that he didn't have the HHN when I go to blow up the turn 1 sensie (spoilers:he had the HHN). I never get out of the tag hole and lose.

Still it was nice to make the cut - if I get to the cut of just a few more SC's I'll probably get a mat handed down :O.

Dis' on
  • Options
    Turn one sensie with HHN in hand is just a firm reminder of how dumb an ID CtM is

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
  • Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    Runner deck:
    @Cerberus 's advice convinced me to try and make an anarch deck. Siphon decks kept running into #anarchproblems in testing (plus best defense ruined a lot of my days) I eventually stole @Epimer's blackmail spam list from netrunnerdb and put temujin, DDoS, En Passant and Vamps for maximum synergy ;).

I think that's far enough away from my list that you can safely call it yours :)

I've gone full degenerate Siphon spam with mine, though. Turns out Siphoning someone six or seven times just wins games. Also Medium is a good card. Who knew?

• Options
    It's kinda depressing me that orange is better at siphoning than blue is these days :(

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    It's kinda depressing me that orange is better at siphoning than blue is these days :(

Been that way for a while - the problem is anarchs best cards compliment a power event like siphon (AIs, recursion, ice destruction, cards that like tags) whilst criminals other best cards compete with siphon (being either power events themselves or tag disliking resources).

• Options
    edited November 2016
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I wonder how Manta Grid would interact with An Offer You Can't Refuse ...
    That NBN ICE is hilariously good in the current meta. It might be too big to be seen a lot? But it's comically impactful so I expect people will run it.

• Options
    friends in high places

why even put trash costs on assets

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    friends in high places

I am kind of mildly alarmed at the asset design right now. Do we intend for Runners not to be able to deal with asset spam at all? If so why are we printing such powerful assets?

• Options
    I don't think there's been a card printed that helps runners deal with assets, tempo-wise, since genesis cycle

there's an argument to be made that temujin amounts to the same thing but it's clearly not enough since people have to slot it in whizzard to stand a decent chance

• Options
    I don't think there's been a card printed that helps runners deal with assets, tempo-wise, since genesis cycle

there's an argument to be made that temujin amounts to the same thing but it's clearly not enough since people have to slot it in whizzard to stand a decent chance

Clearly you're forgetting about that scourge of the asset spam meta - skulljack!

(Seriously though Valencia, Apoc, Astrolabe have all been helpful vs assets)

• Options
    friends in high places

I saw that as dealing with ice destruction, but yeah, powerful with asset spam too. At least you have to still pay to rez them. And the op costs 2 and is terminal, so it's comparable to Interns, and that's not played super often.

• Options
    If only there was a way to remove a asset you just trashed from the game so you don't have to worry about recursion.

If only.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    If only there was a way to remove a asset you just trashed from the game so you don't have to worry about recursion.

If only.

I see this argument as "Keep playing the only thing to date that has managed to succeed at this task and fuck everyone else."
    Just saying.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Huh, weird, I thought I finished the thought. Missing a couple sentences I wanted to put in the end there like,"Oh wait no all the asset hate is always printed Anarch forever, so everyone who wants to try to do anything about it has to pay up influence-wise just like Jackson. Hope you can space the influence, otherwise you're boned!

Huh, that's a funny coincidence how both the oppressive factions right now are NBN and Anarch..."

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg