Options

The [Wrestling] Thread Has Been Appointed Secretary Of Education

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Well damn, Sasha vs Charlotte is closing HiaC.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I wish WWE 2K17 was good

I press the counter button and it doesn't work

It does work It's just a timing thing. And it seams they change that timing from year to year. It's really weird at first once you get the hang of it you'll be able to counter easily.

Also no custom arenas in VS mode again this year? This makes no sense at all!

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Oh god, they're going to put a cage on top of the cage so they can jump off of the double cage through a third, slightly smaller cage aren't they?

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

Oh god, they're going to put a cage on top of the cage so they can jump off of the double cage through a third, slightly smaller cage aren't they?

It's just cages, all the way down.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

This is especially sweet coming off Eric Bischoff saying that he thinks "the audience" won't like a female Hell in a Cell match.

If Eric Bischoff knew what the audience wanted, he'd probably still be President of WCW.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

This is fantastic!

Some people will undoubtedly complain because "the Universal/World title is most important and should close the show." But if the Women's Championship is meant to be equal to the Universal/World Championship, and it should be since women aren't allowed to compete for the latter, and both are being defended on a show, the one with the most important feud should main event. Out of all of the Cell/title matches at this event, the Charlotte/Sasha match is the rivalry with the most history and momentum. Their story has been going on since the BFF days of NXT. That was three years ago!

WWE missed this opportunity once before with NXT in Brooklyn 2015, when Sasha/Bayley was a title match with much more weight behind it than the main event of Owens/Balor, so I'm very excited that this is happening.

• Options
    411Randle wrote: »

This is especially sweet coming off Eric Bischoff saying that he thinks "the audience" won't like a female Hell in a Cell match.

If Eric Bischoff knew what the audience wanted, he'd probably still be President of WCW.

To be fair HiaC is in Sasha's hometown so WWE isn't taking as big of a risk in terms of crowd response.

• Options

This is fantastic!

Some people will undoubtedly complain because "the Universal/World title is most important and should close the show." But if the Women's Championship is meant to be equal to the Universal/World Championship, and it should be since women aren't allowed to compete for the latter, and both are being defended on a show, the one with the most important feud should main event. Out of all of the Cell/title matches at this event, the Charlotte/Sasha match is the rivalry with the most history and momentum. Their story has been going on since the BFF days of NXT. That was three years ago!

WWE missed this opportunity once before with NXT in Brooklyn 2015, when Sasha/Bayley was a title match with much more weight behind it than the main event of Owens/Balor, so I'm very excited that this is happening.

Also let's face it, it's been next to impossible for anyone to follow Sasha/Charlotte/Bayley because the matches they put on are that damn good. WWE has finally realized this and are now giving them the main event.

But you know they are begging Sasha not to jump off the cage. I think she will because it's Sasha and that's sort of what she does.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Hey @PwnanObrien maybe spoiler tag that totp, I think some people (including Whippy?) were trying not to be spoiled on demo/datamined stuff in the Pokémon thread.

• Options
    The JBL interview with Bruno Sammartino is really good.

• Options
    Thinking back to last night and how Goldberg was used in WCW at the end, man what a fucking idiot Vince Russo was and still is.

• Options
    So is Ellsworth signed or what

• Options
    Speaking of which I wouldn't be surprised to see Dean somehow cause AJ to lose the title to Ellsworth then immediately invoke a rematch/challenge beat him right then and there to get the championship. There is no other way this can go.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    dragonsama wrote: »
    Speaking of which I wouldn't be surprised to see Dean somehow cause AJ to lose the title to Ellsworth then immediately invoke a rematch/challenge beat him right then and there to get the championship. There is no other way this can go.
    That is way too WCW for my tastes, personally

I'd rather have AJ just beat the holy hell out of Ellsworth to get some real heel heat

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    dragonsama wrote: »

AJ beats Ellsworth.

• Options
    Like, AJ is still getting a pretty solid positive reaction most of the time

which he always will because he's AJ Styles and he is VERY GOOD at wrestling

but one way to get him booed to hell and back is having him just kick the ever-loving shit out of the dopey fan-favorite folk hero that is James Ellsworth

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    There's zero chance that Goldberg beats lesnar.

Okay maybe there's a small chance Goldberg beats lesnar in some ambiguous or fuckery-heavy scenario to set up a rematch. But there's still zero chance Goldberg wins the feud and that means if it's one and done there's zero chance Goldberg wins the match.

Actually if they really are going to do Brock vs Shano at Mania...it would be an awesome way to set it up. Have Goldberg beat Lesnar clean and he destroys Shane in a fit of rage after Shane makes a smart ass comment of some sort. Sets it up really well.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm even less excited about a possible Shane/Lesnar match than I am Goldberg/Lesnar.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I'm even less excited about a possible Shane/Lesnar match than I am Goldberg/Lesnar.

Unless it's a repeat of Angle vs Shane, and I don't want to see someone murdered on a live broadcast.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Oh...I am not saying I am excited about it...just saying if that is where you are going, letting Goldberg retire on a win can get you there.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    411Randle wrote: »

To be fair HiaC is in Sasha's hometown so WWE isn't taking as big of a risk in terms of crowd response.

Sasha and Charlotte are both very over pretty much everywhere.

Sasha is a top face star and Charlotte is one of the few heels on the roster that can get reliable heel heat instead of half cheers.

I have no doubt their HIAC match would have a hot crowd no matter where it was.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Goldberg is back I imagine purely so he can go into the HOF next year.

And while the ladies finishing HIAC is nice, it's symptomatic of how WWE has been treating Owens and his reign much like Punks.

• Options
    Goldberg is back I imagine purely so he can go into the HOF next year.

And while the ladies finishing HIAC is nice, it's symptomatic of how WWE has been treating Owens and his reign much like Punks.

No it's not.

The problem with Punk's reign is that he would not get main events simply because John Cena was doing something. Dumb bullshit like Cena vs Big Show or Cena vs. Johnny Ace would get priority over the title match.

This isn't that.

Owens vs. Seth isn't missing the main event because it's being treated as b-tier filler. It's missing the main event because Charlotte vs. Sasha truly deserves it.

• Options
    Ok I was kind of eh on Cesheamus, but that dual intro in the floodlight was glorious. They can be best frenemies too.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Probably the best promo I can remember Goldberg actually giving. I know he never set a high standard but that wasn't bad for him.

Was nice to see him again as a huge WCW mark from back in the day.

Shame we never got Goldberg vs Undertaker. I always wanted that more than Lesnar vs Goldberg.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Been a long time since Goldberg has been chanted unironically.

They should bring back Gilberg to face Ellsworth

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Has it really been twelve years since Lesnar vs Goldberg?

Goddamn....time flies.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    Thinking if this is Goldberg's last hoorah, he loses

it'll further buy Lesnar heat as an unstoppable killing machine

'Yeah my client destroyed your favorite superstars, killed your Undertaker's streak, and retired Goldberg.'

Then when they build up the Reigns win over Brock at next Wrestlemania they'll try to position him as conquering hero forever and ever

• Options
    Kami wrote: »

'Yeah my client destroyed your favorite superstars, killed your Undertaker's streak, and retired Goldberg.'

Then when they build up the Reigns win over Brock at next Wrestlemania they'll try to position him as conquering hero forever and ever

Reigns is more than likely wrestling Cena at Mania 33.

• Options
    Kami wrote: »

Reigns is more than likely wrestling Cena at Mania 33.

Basically I'm just viewing Lesnar as nothing more than a coal chamber for Reigns

make Lesnar look as invincible as possible for as long as possible so Reigns goes over him and they cash that check for Roman's character for 5+ years

• Options
    Reigns is probably the one to dethrone Brock but it won't happen till Lesnar is done.

• Options
    Sami Zayn beats Brock Lesnar after establishing himself as a giant killer by dethroning Braun Strowman

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Sami Zayn beats Brock Lesnar after establishing himself as a giant killer by dethroning Braun Strowman

It's like you've been reading my dream journal!

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

god I can only hope

• Options
    Sami is going to job to Braun and we are all going to be sad.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Only Trenchcoat Man can save us from Lesnar.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Sami is going to job to Braun and we are all going to be sad.

I won't be that sad

although his "because nobody else will" was legit the most I've ever liked him

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.