Options

aesthetic [chat]

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I love how much Shkreli loves punk even tho every band he's said he likes would fucking hate him

I laugh every time I remember the hotelier have a legit pic of him wearing one of their shirts on their web store

This is like how Paul Ryan loves Rage Against the Machine

I can't tell if this is a joke or not

Well, it is a joke

But also completely true

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    So I am thinking of picking up a George Foreman grill for the apartment. Anyone have any experience with them?

Good ones are great. Shitty ones are really limited in what you can do with them. I have two: https://www.hamiltonbeach.com/all-indoor-grills-health-smart-indoor--outdoor-grill-31605n.html and https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-25331-100-Square-Inch-Nonstick/dp/B001AQEPMM. The first one is great. The second one isn't as good - having the top makes it harder to clean, and I've never made a tasty steak with it. I'll use it now and again for steak tips but that's about it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    emnmnme wrote: »
    This is not a good song.
    So why can't I stop listening to it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCkhPTU13w

i think you know why.

edit: i consider it painfully bad.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am honestly not much of a steak fan so this would basically be for burgers and chicken breasts.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    If by "rigged" you mean Hillary was better prepared, more organized, understood party rules, had an actual plan, and had the support of high ranking party members who weren't bound by primary results, then yes the primary was rigged.

plus, you know, got more votes

i think superdelegates are a dumb idea and the whole "bernie doesn't have a chance because of them" definitely stifled a lot of momentum going into the later stages of the primaries

i also think people would be a lot more against them if they hadn't benefited hillary but not like it matters now anyway. Hillary is the best candidate and will win and people will handwave away anything against her because at least she's not trump

or maybe trump will win. You never know. I didn't think Brexit would happen and here we are. Politics is awful and i hate it but american politics is totally unavoidable

Bernie never had a chance because he failed to pitch to anyone other than college students and aggrieved white voters.

One of those groups is literally fucking the GOP right now. well technically both, but for different reasons.

"Momentum" is a bullshit narrative term. we have math that tells us how these things will turn out once we actually start collecting samples.

Bernie did fine, just too many people like Hillary too much

Also momentum wasn't a bullshit narrative when people were complaining about Bernie not pulling out and ruining Hillary's chances.

That was a bit of a clown move, but not for momentum reasons, and he worked pretty hard to make up for it once he dropped out.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    so the initiatives on my ballot for colorado:

-get rid of caucuses, bring back open primaries (meaning you don't need to affiliate with a party to vote in them)
    -increase taxes on cigarettes by $1.75 per pack, using the proceeds for roughly half health expenses brought on by smoking and tobacco education/outreach for youth, and roughly half various good causes (veteran re-integration, more mental health services for the underprivileged etc)
    -an amendment to the state constitution that would, in effect, make it harder to alter the constitution
    -limited euthanasia (from none at all)
    -a mostly symbolic thing that involves a mention of slavery and indentured servitude in the constitution, and that some people say could eventually impact prison work programs
    -minimum wage increase
    -tax hike to fund UHC for the state
    -a low threshold ($6,000) exemption for possessory for certain property-driven incomes

and then locally for me:

-.25 percent tax increase to fund treatment for mental health and substance addiction in the county
    -giving the county/city permission to explore fiber internet as a utility eee
    -a small (tenth of a cent) tax increase to provide general funding to non profits- culture, arts, animal welfare etc- in the county

and then two real-fucking-long ballot measures about the local school district jfc if i were a parent maybe i would bother trying to parse these impossibly long and complex debt/tax questions about schools

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    This is not a good song.
    The scientologist mind rays are compelling you

• Options
    I am honestly not much of a steak fan so this would basically be for burgers and chicken breasts.

The 31605 is perfect for that. I've been using mine for more than 5 years now. I use it for burgers even in summer when I could use my gas grill outside 15 feet away.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

-get rid of caucuses, bring back open primaries (meaning you don't need to affiliate with a party to vote in them)
    -increase taxes on cigarettes by $1.75 per pack, using the proceeds for roughly half health expenses brought on by smoking and tobacco education/outreach for youth, and roughly half various good causes (veteran re-integration, more mental health services for the underprivileged etc)
    -an amendment to the state constitution that would, in effect, make it harder to alter the constitution
    -a mostly symbolic thing that involves a mention of slavery and indentured servitude in the constitution, and that some people say could eventually impact prison work programs
    -minimum wage increase
    -a low threshold ($6,000) exemption for possessory for certain property-driven incomes

and then locally for me:

-.25 percent tax increase to fund treatment for mental health and substance addiction in the county
    -a small (tenth of a cent) tax increase to provide general funding to non profits- culture, arts, animal welfare etc- in the county

and then two real-fucking-long ballot measures about the local school district jfc if i were a parent maybe i would bother trying to parse these impossibly long and complex debt/tax questions about schools

Ugh your stuff is mostly cool and interesting.

Washington's proposals are all mostly sucky.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Oh god

Fucking Netflix changed the color of my profile pic from cyan to shit green

It is disgusting

Why Netflix? Why did you do this?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Omgggggg going through the old poetry booklets my gf's high school published and her contributions (they're so bad and all about nature and being a hippy and painfully earnest and she is red as a tomato)

And I stumbled on a hilariously good one some other kid wrote

@Vanguard
    1j5k0gn9tiy3.jpg

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    dude wtf that's so good

sig.gif
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Oh god

It is disgusting

Because now they have all your money and money is green.

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

-minimum wage increase

and then locally for me:

Ugh your stuff is mostly cool and interesting.

Washington's proposals are all mostly sucky.

Ballot proposals are all fucking terrible

It is the worst kind of democracy

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    this song is what plays in the dusty honkytonk of my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzhErn1aef0

I have one last case in me, maybe. But leave me alone, go away, I just want to drink in peace.

DasUberEdward gets sad honkytonk songs in my mind, this one might be too girly for you

I feel like you've tried this before.

This song? Or just songs like it

due, why aren't we drinking whiskey and tequila

We?

I mean. I am.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Oh god

It is disgusting

Because now they have all your money and money is green.

Not this shade of green

This shade of green I most commonly see in toilet bowls and diapers and growing on cheese

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    This is not a good song.

@emnmnme i have been talking about how this song seems to be a break down of typical pop songs while remaining a typical pop song. the lyrics are ridiculous and seem to imply some sort of meta-narrative. i do not understand it.

but dang this song is like. . it's a song i can not be ashamed of. but at the same time i realize it's just punching me in the pop music dick.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    puppies are you voting for this coloradocares uhc thing? it is uh, a big expense. it would essentially double our state budget. it is a huge program. it would also be very comprehensive- no deductibles or copays whatsoever for basic or primary services, and specialty services would have copays waived for the impoverished. and everyone in colorado would be covered.

it is so much money tho. i have heard the argument that we should wait for UHC to go federal because when there's that much purchasing power/negotiating strength, it lowers prices. and if we implement UHC locally, we don't have that sort of leverage to lower costs.

Organichu on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    This is not a good song.

@emnmnme i have been talking about how this song seems to be a break down of typical pop songs while remaining a typical pop song. the lyrics are ridiculous and seem to imply some sort of meta-narrative. i do not understand it.

but dang this song is like. . it's a song i can not be ashamed of. but at the same time i realize it's just punching me in the pop music dick.

I recognize it's not even in the 'so bad it's good' category.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg
    It's a mystery to me.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Fucking coworker let a bunch of hockey parents habg out and drink in the breakfast room. FFS she knows better.

Her excuse was well they all went in there to eat dinner and then the kids left and they didn't.

Like what the fuck kick them out!

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    puppies are you voting for this coloradocares uhc thing? it is uh, a big expense. it would essentially double our state budget. it is a huge program. it would also be very comprehensive- no deductibles or copays whatsoever for basic or primary services, and specialty services would have copays waived for the impoverished. and everyone in colorado would be covered.

it is so much money tho. i have heard the argument that we should wait for UHC to go federal because when there's that much purchasing power/negotiating strength, it lowers prices. and if we implement UHC locally, we don't have that sort of leverage to lower costs.

I speak from a position of privilege, of course

But I think there'd be a lot of trouble with doing it state-by-state whereas there'd be far fewer overall complications doing it federally / all at once

• Options
    This is not a good song.

emnmnme i have been talking about how this song seems to be a break down of typical pop songs while remaining a typical pop song. the lyrics are ridiculous and seem to imply some sort of meta-narrative. i do not understand it.

I recognize it's not even in the 'so bad it's good' category.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg
    It's a mystery to me.

it's way better

i mean like beck is a music-maker and i think he has a legitimate understanding of melody and sound. so the question is

is he for real

or is this joke

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Man that Wizards movie is still pretty awesome.

Also I want to know what they were thinking when they designed the fairy lady who is always showing nipples.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRJfIPiJGY

"I got here from Gordon Ramsey. . . WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK."

best youtube comment i've seen this week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    This is not a good song.

Beck is stupidly talented as a musician and is pretty apt at breaking down songs/genres and reassembling them for his own ends.

It is absolutely a critique on pop music while still being a good pop song

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »
    This is not a good song.

Beck is stupidly talented as a musician and is pretty apt at breaking down songs/genres and reassembling them for his own ends.

It is absolutely a critique on pop music while still being a good pop song

and it made it into a car commercial.

it's just like. . .beautiful.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I speak from a position of privilege, of course

But I think there'd be a lot of trouble with doing it state-by-state whereas there'd be far fewer overall complications doing it federally / all at once

a major pillar of UHC is the purchasing power of the federal government

it is a lot harder to do at the state level

that being said the price tag doesn't tend to include external savings such as not having to supply as great a volume of emergency services because of better preventative coverage

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I fed the cats and started the oven for my own meal, and turned on the animes at the dining room table to wait.

One of the cats is already draped around my neck.

I guess he wants to watch the animes.

• Options
    chanus decide waht i should vote on everything i listed

• Options

Dude just go with your gut instinct on every single one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @pony I totally get your problems with WestWorld I see myself feeling similar to how you felt about the more questions then answers

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I appreciated your question about the one prop earlier. I'm still kind of undecided on that. Got my ballot in the mail, haven't looked at it too hard.

So yes, tell me what to pick.

• Options

but what about my garbage intellect and conscience

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

You're in Colorado, try to channel Hunter S. Thompson

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    AT&T buying TimeWarner?

Every day Shadowrun megacorps creep a little closer.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Vote to make weed double-legal.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I like how Bell was broken up into baby bells

and then decades later AT&T starts buying them back up and now time warner

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Hey [chat], I found an apparently unwanted pancake in the microwave

I've now installed it in the silverware drawer

I'm hoping I'm there when somebody finds it

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ludious wrote: »
    I like how Bell was broken up into baby bells

and then decades later AT&T starts buying them back up and now time warner

This'll go though FTC (or FCC? ) review. I doubt it will survive.

Aioua on
  • Options

but what about my garbage intellect and conscience

this is the first step to riding yourself of both

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.