As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I hope that all 3 of the Warden's ultimates are different animal summons.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I've wanted to play an ice-based mage for so long. I'm a bit disappointed it has to be tied in with lions and tigers and bears, oh my, but I'll take what I can get.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    I was thinking that this might be a buff to Nords but heck, they don't have anything to do with ice in this game, do they? Only Dunmer have any elemental bonus.

They should give each race another passive and make Nords' an ice damage bonus, since the Warden already seems like such a Nord sort of class.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    Is that the Ministry of Truth visible at the end of the trailer? If so, really digging the new design.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Ehhh...not really interested in nature magic all that much although having your own battle bear is a fun idea.

I for one welcome our new bearbarian overlords.

If we are returning to Morrowind and therefore Morag Tong territory, I hope there's some interaction acknowledging that many player characters hold rank in the Dark Brotherhood.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Is that the Ministry of Truth visible at the end of the trailer? If so, really digging the new design.

From Steam
    SAVE MORROWIND - Stop a meteor from crashing into Vivec City by helping a demi-god regain his lost powers.

We might actually be bringing about the inception of the Ministry of Truth.

• Options

From Steam
    SAVE MORROWIND - Stop a meteor from crashing into Vivec City by helping a demi-god regain his lost powers.

We might actually be bringing about the inception of the Ministry of Truth.

Ah-hah. In that case, I'm very much looking forward to being indirectly responsible for the destruction of all of Vvardenfell :P

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rXsrZRchQ

Do you want cliffracers?

Because this is how you get cliffracers.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Oh right. The Morag Tong.

Forgot those losers were still around in this era.
    All kidding aside, Looking forward to a possible DB vs MT conflict.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Warden might have an ability that lets them summon cliff racers. Prepare yourselves

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*edit*
    Wardens gonna be trollin' everybody

My plan is to build an entire character solely around that ability. And then go to AvA. CLIFF RACERS FOR EVERYONE.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I really hope theres a quest that revolves around a group of people that are trying to save an endangered species.

"We have to use magic to enhance Cliffracer breeding rates or these noble creatures will go extinct. Theres no way this can go wrong and come back to haunt Morrowind."

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    If there's not a giant cliff racer world boss, I'll consider this entire expansion a failure.

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    That new expansion will be great, I think. It is absolutely packed with content. PvP Battlegrounds, Vvardenfell modeled after the OG Morrowind (they picked height maps straight from the game and put that in the ESO and tweaked it from there!), new class (and great looking!)...

I was thinking about getting a new character, but I think I'll have to postpone it until the Morrowind comes out. I really want the warden.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I started up Morrowind multiple times but could never get into it. This sounds like a good way to finally experience Vvardenfell.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I recognised Balmora instantly.

I uh, spent a long time there. Took over a room at the mage's guild and everything, went mushroom hunting on the regular.

Never done that since.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The annual business model moving forward, according to Matt Firor:

Q1: New Content DLC (Orsinium, Thieves Guild, etc)
    Q2: New Chapter release (Morrowind, etc)
    Q3: New dungeon DLC (SotH, etc)
    Q4: New Content DLC

Rinse & repeat.

This strikes me as rather ambitious and also binds me to this game for years to come, those bastards...

President Evil on
  • Options

Rinse & repeat.

This strikes me as rather ambitious and also binds me to this game for years to come, those bastards...

I am slightly worried, because this is sort of what ArenaNet wanted to do with GW2, and they completely failed and faceplanted on it.

However, ESO seems to have been hitting a MUCH better stride with their content, so... maybe it IS possible?

• Options

Rinse & repeat.

I am slightly worried, because this is sort of what ArenaNet wanted to do with GW2, and they completely failed and faceplanted on it.

However, ESO seems to have been hitting a MUCH better stride with their content, so... maybe it IS possible?

They're certainly welcome to make a go at it. They haven't made anything quite as big as this before but have put out a number of serious changes.

My concern isn't the pace of content per se as their current track record suggests they'll still put out a good amount of stuff even if that planned schedule slips a bit. I'm more worried about a number of current systems not being in a great state that could impede how well we can make use of the new content. Stuff like still having entirely RNG dependent loot drops takes quite a bit of fun out of new dungeons and a lack of a cosmetic swap system means new motifs lose a lot of their luster when we still need to wear ugly monster sets to be effective in veteran dungeons.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Rinse & repeat.

Sounds good.

Regular content updates are what keep me hooked to FFXIV. Hopefully they can do it.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Sigh, I love all this content, but I get kind of tired of what I view as pretty lame combat animations. I originally thought the combat was a strength, and it may be relative to Skyrim, but it's so much more satisfying I'm Wow legion, and maybe FFXIV as well.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular

I gather they seem to be working on content quite a bit in advance of the actual release. I mean we've had video footage of the Clockwork City in Morrowind since last year. Depending on how big a pool of personnel they have, I could see them having a group of teams layout the content in broad strokes. Then have a separate group of teams work on refining and tuning the content, based on test feedback getting closer to the launch window for that particular content.

• Options
    Speaking of RNG, I basically swung total strikeouts all freaking DAY today. ONE BSW drop which was the one I already have (gloves), two Silks of the Sun drops... both the exact same boots. :|

I wish I could just bloody CRAFT the armor I need instead of doodling around like "I WONDER WHEN I CAN DO VETERAN DUNGEONS :V GUESS I'D BETTER GRIND COA1 SOME MORE."

• Options
    I wish I could just bloody CRAFT the armor I need instead of doodling around like "I WONDER WHEN I CAN DO VETERAN DUNGEONS :V GUESS I'D BETTER GRIND COA1 SOME MORE."

Out of curiosity, which armor was it you needed? If the armor in question is craftable I likely can craft it provided I have the recipe or it's available on the market.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Speaking of RNG, I basically swung total strikeouts all freaking DAY today. ONE BSW drop which was the one I already have (gloves), two Silks of the Sun drops... both the exact same boots. :|

I'm pretty sure a set of Julianos is enough to let you start in vet dungeons but that's crafted in Orsinium and I forget if you've picked up the DLC yet or not.

And Willpower Jewelry is a really strong set (all the 3 piece sets from the Imperial City are) that you can buy from guild traders that when combined with whatever 2 hander or a dual wield set with a usable 2 piece bonus will rival full 5 piece jewelry and weapon sets.

Most of the veteran dungeons aren't all that tough either really, it's just Tempest Island, City of Ash 2, the 4 DLC dungeons, and Darkshade 2 that are nasty with Direfrost Keep and Elden Hollow 2 being easier than the ones just listed but a bit tougher than the others that are easy. Volunfell's Hard Mode is also a pain but otherwise the vet dungeon is pretty simple outside of getting lost every now and then.

But yeah, I wish I could at least modify the traits on some of my dungeon drops to make the less than ideal ones better.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Man looking at some of the videos of the Earthtear Cavern homestead, makes me buy it and roll up a character named "Hugh Halfnir" just so I can invite people to come relax at "The Grotto".

Hmm....are there bathrobes available in this game?

• Options
    edited February 2017

I'm pretty sure a set of Julianos is enough to let you start in vet dungeons but that's crafted in Orsinium and I forget if you've picked up the DLC yet or not.

And Willpower Jewelry is a really strong set (all the 3 piece sets from the Imperial City are) that you can buy from guild traders that when combined with whatever 2 hander or a dual wield set with a usable 2 piece bonus will rival full 5 piece jewelry and weapon sets.

Most of the veteran dungeons aren't all that tough either really, it's just Tempest Island, City of Ash 2, the 4 DLC dungeons, and Darkshade 2 that are nasty with Direfrost Keep and Elden Hollow 2 being easier than the ones just listed but a bit tougher than the others that are easy. Volunfell's Hard Mode is also a pain but otherwise the vet dungeon is pretty simple outside of getting lost every now and then.

But yeah, I wish I could at least modify the traits on some of my dungeon drops to make the less than ideal ones better.

I don't have Orsinium yet :(

That said, can other players SEND you that stuff? If so, I'd happily send you some cash / a bunch of gear with traits for researching / food / whatever for at least 5 pc of Julianos. Weapons would be nice, my Inferno staves are currently both still CP 140 D:

*edit* I think I even have 2 Perfect Roe I could part with.

*edit2* I want to start leveling my Khajiit again. She's currently lvl 15, and... well, a Stamblade. My goal for her is to turn her into the absolute ultimate stealth and steal stuff machine -- not for PVP or PVE but just for bumming around towns taking shit. I already know what my end-game gear setup and build looks like... but GETTING there is the problem. So... I'm wondering about a leveling build for NBs. To be honest, EITHER Magika or Stamina is fine. Tank, healer, whatever. As long as I can level Medium armor while doing it, I can get to the end-game build I have in mind.

*edit3* OH. And is anyone a Vampire? I know we have some WWs, but the Khajiit will need to be a vamp eventually. I'm also almost thinking of making my Dunmer temporarily either a WW or Vamp JUST so I can level the lines and get Moar Dyes XD

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options

That said, can other players SEND you that stuff? If so, I'd happily send you some cash / a bunch of gear with traits for researching / food / whatever for at least 5 pc of Julianos. Weapons would be nice, my Inferno staves are currently both still CP 140 D:

Crafted gear is bind on equip and as our guild bank makes clear materials are not bound so yeah, you can get someone else to hop into the DLC zone and craft for you. The only difficulty is finding someone with 6 pieces already researched on cloth with the DLC and with the style you want. Since light armor and medium armor share research slots, as a stamina main my light armor research is still at like 4 traits on most parts.

Staves are easy to do (I think magicka DKs just use two inferno staves?) since there aren't as many items to do research on so that can save you from the silk needed for one piece of Julianos. I can certainly do it if you have the wood (I am so low on ruby ash these days for some reason).

Steam Profile
  • Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    I have 21 Prefect Roe and not a clue what to do with them... I have no guilds to sell them (can't be assed to ask if there's a guild that won't tax me just for being a member etc...).

Oh, by the way, have any of you experienced weird loss of FPS and stuttering? A couple of days ago my game slowed down to 15fps, and had no idea how to fix it. Even when I set the settings low it stayed there.

Then, I read from somewhere that one should delete his ShaderCache.cooked and wow! I actually gained like 20fps from what it was before fps problems!

Then I used Nvidia experience to optimize the game, and from NE put that DSR thing on (@2k, I think). It still keeps things over 45 fps all the time and the game looks beautiful!

I also have tampered the .ini file, for example putting the better textures (ingame menu only goes so far, from .ini you can get a lot better textures). Also hi res shadows I disables, saves fps and looks better in my eyes.

Oh, and I also have a SweetFX thing going on...

This is almost like modding SP ES games, I love tinkering with my game files!

• Options
    edited February 2017

Crafted gear is bind on equip and as our guild bank makes clear materials are not bound so yeah, you can get someone else to hop into the DLC zone and craft for you. The only difficulty is finding someone with 6 pieces already researched on cloth with the DLC and with the style you want. Since light armor and medium armor share research slots, as a stamina main my light armor research is still at like 4 traits on most parts.

Staves are easy to do (I think magicka DKs just use two inferno staves?) since there aren't as many items to do research on so that can save you from the silk needed for one piece of Julianos. I can certainly do it if you have the wood (I am so low on ruby ash these days for some reason).

I ironically have the opposite problem, re: light vs medium. I keep being like "Oh I can just craft a decent starter set for my stam alt... wait, no I can't, my main is magika, so I know nothing about medium armor :\ "

I have PLENTY of wood. I can send you some over next time I'm on :D Or I can just drop it all in the guild bank, if that's easier.
    Grebnu wrote: »
    I have 21 Prefect Roe and not a clue what to do with them... I have no guilds to sell them (can't be assed to ask if there's a guild that won't tax me just for being a member etc...).

Sell them in map chat. I think they go for 5k apiece, or something...? You'll want to double-check that.

Or give them to me. I don't have psijic ambrosia yet, but I am a Master Chef and I do crafting dailies erry day, so it's a matter of time and how much the RNG hates me.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Reading the info on housing and being level 19, I think the crown store is going to be my best bet for buying a house before sinking a lot of time leveling and gaining gold.

I am actually looking to sub to ESO plus just because of the DLC and the crowns I get each month. I think that's a good of a reason as any.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I decided to try out ESO Plus for a month and the crafting bag alone has improved my experience tremendously. I wasn't even thinking about the full DLC access or the crown points when I bought it.

• Options
    Roe wrote: »
    Reading the info on housing and being level 19, I think the crown store is going to be my best bet for buying a house before sinking a lot of time leveling and gaining gold.

I am actually looking to sub to ESO plus just because of the DLC and the crowns I get each month. I think that's a good of a reason as any.

You do get a free starter apartment from doing a quest related to housing.

That said, money comes in a lot easier at higher levels. Just regularly hitting dungeons and selling extra motifs has gotten me enough money to buy a second medium sized house if I wanted to without really focusing on money.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Roe wrote: »

You do get a free starter apartment from doing a quest related to housing.

That said, money comes in a lot easier at higher levels. Just regularly hitting dungeons and selling extra motifs has gotten me enough money to buy a second medium sized house if I wanted to without really focusing on money.

Yeah I get like, 2k a day or something.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    theres a bear in the trailer

can you be a bear

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    theres a bear in the trailer

can you be a bear

Uh

Sorta?

You can have a bear friend

And you can turn into kind of a big furry angry guy, which is like being a bear?

You can def. be a big guy who bangs other big guys, if that's what you're asking.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    is there a free trial

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    is there a free trial

There was one last month, but not atm

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Alright so I'm giving this another go and I think I might enjoy it! :D

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    edited February 2017

*edit2* I want to start leveling my Khajiit again. She's currently lvl 15, and... well, a Stamblade. My goal for her is to turn her into the absolute ultimate stealth and steal stuff machine -- not for PVP or PVE but just for bumming around towns taking shit. I already know what my end-game gear setup and build looks like... but GETTING there is the problem. So... I'm wondering about a leveling build for NBs. To be honest, EITHER Magika or Stamina is fine. Tank, healer, whatever. As long as I can level Medium armor while doing it, I can get to the end-game build I have in mind.

*edit3* OH. And is anyone a Vampire? I know we have some WWs, but the Khajiit will need to be a vamp eventually. I'm also almost thinking of making my Dunmer temporarily either a WW or Vamp JUST so I can level the lines and get Moar Dyes XD

I can hook you up with a Julianos set easily enough, I'm a master grade smith, woodworker, clothier and enchanter. I don't have enough tempers to make it gold quality. But I can certainly do purple easily enough. I just need to know the following information:

1.) What CP did you need to the equipment to be? I can do CP 160 if you need, but that will take a little longer to make as I'll probably have to gather the necessary resources.

2.) What motif (or motifs if you want different motifs for different pieces) did you want the equipment to be?

3.) What set bonuses did you want on each piece? (ie. Did you want the same set bonuses on all pieces? or did you want to do 5 piece bonuses and then different set bonuses on the remaining pieces?)

4.) What traits did you want on each piece of armor and your weapons? I have most of them researched except a few remaining nirnhoned traits on cloth.

5.) What enchantments did you want on the armor pieces and weapons? I can do gold quality enchantments fairly easily, they don't take alot of resources to make.

If you need a character turned to Vampirism I can help you with that. My assassin is a vamp.

As far as cost goes, I don't require any payment. But if you feel happy with what I make and want to donate some gold I won't argue. Just let me know what you need and who to mail it to.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    @Lucid_Seraph Your new staves are sitting in the guild bank made in what looked like the fanciest styles I had. Don't be like me and forget to enchant them.

Steam Profile