2k for Master
    1200 for Diamond
    800 for Plat
    400? for Gold
    Can't remember Silver /Bronze

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Okay, so, question: what do you do against a good McCree? Just had a series of games with a dude in the enemy team who was an unholy terror with McCree, and enjoyed three games of getting my shit utterly ruined.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    There isn't really anything you can do beyond just trying to outplay him. McCree doesn't have a counter.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    3k for GM
    2k for Master
    1200 for Diamond
    800 for Plat
    400? for Gold
    Can't remember Silver /Bronze

Wait really? This is way less than Season 1. Bummer.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So, the thing I'm wondering, is when they rebalance the XP curve, are they going to award any loot boxes retroactively for the change. Technically every 10 levels past the first prestige should result in an extra box.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    So, the thing I'm wondering, is when they rebalance the XP curve, are they going to award any loot boxes retroactively for the change. Technically every 10 levels past the first prestige should result in an extra box.

You have the math backwards. It's the same amount in total from 101-200, just flat all the way. So if you're at level 120 (or wherever the flattening was previously), you've already gotten 20 loot boxes at cheap, and everything you have from 120 to 200 will be cheaper than it would've been a week ago. You're at a higher level than you should be considering how many points you've gotten, ergo have more lootboxes.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    There isn't really anything you can do beyond just trying to outplay him. McCree doesn't have a counter.

McCree is a great character for reliably getting headshots, but also therefore requires a context in which he can reliably get headshots to be most effective. A Reinhardt shield really ruins his day, more than a lot of characters, because his 120 damage a shot on a mediocre rate of fire turns into 60 damage into a 2000-HP shield. (Compared to, say, Soldier 76, who would lose a lot of bullets to spread but can dump them all into the shield, or Junkrat, who gets 120 on a direct hit but struggles to make those connect and loves having a big blue rectangle to lob things at.)

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    First impression going against Sombra. She's half a Tracer :(

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on Nepal

Finally these patch notes look familiar again.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I can't see myself ever playing the 1v1 or 3v3 modes. They kind of seem like garbage.

Edit: Roadhog utterly dominates the 3v3 because his ability to just delete a character is so much stronger with the smaller number of players.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I can't see myself ever playing the 1v1 or 3v3 modes. They kind of seem like garbage.

I haven't tried 1v1, but 3v3 was fun. It's basically team fights all the time, but over very quickly. It's great for learning how to survive with a character, and how to hit moving targets. I think that's pretty useful

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Okay, so, question: what do you do against a good McCree? Just had a series of games with a dude in the enemy team who was an unholy terror with McCree, and enjoyed three games of getting my shit utterly ruined.

depends on the map and make up

Reinhardt's shield really helps stopping him from head shotting

Gengi is the only Offensive Player with the kit to really counter him

Tracer can be useful if you're really good and don't get flashbanged ( play on console and have to turn Mcree sensitivity all the way down in order to aim, so i'm fucked vs anyone flanking me really )

Roadhog on a map where McCree can't see you coming a mile away, if you hook a mcree then he's dead

Mei - toss up based on who wins from kit

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    note on roadhog vs. mccree: I had a string of like an actual dozen hooks on mccree where he got flashbang out at the last second to stun me so that even though he got pulled I couldn't combo him

that was real annoying

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it is extremely easy to bait out flashbangs as tracer against mediocre McCree players

really good ones won't even need to use it, so it's important that you're able to kill them quickly

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Sombra is fun, but... winston owns her SO hard, he can almost counter 6 sombras at once

Unless they just shoot him.

Because he's a fat gorilla with no armor, so her gun shreds him like a hot SMG through butter.

Winston has 100 armor actually.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    My god those SOMBRA skins are fucking terrible. Are you joking? I mean they are Industrial Zarya levels of bad.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    My god those SOMBRA skins are fucking terrible. Are you joking? I mean they are Industrial Zarya levels of bad.

I think they're pretty cool

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I actually love Virus and CyberSpace. Like a lot.

Edit - Also "Mess with the best, die like the rest." V/O. Loving the Hackers easter eggs in there.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Nah those are pretty neat. I think Los Muertos has way more style than either of the punk Tracer and Zarya skins. Also the hair do on Cyberspace and it's partner is pretty cool.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    honestly most skins in this game are not particularly interesting

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I find I like the various pantheon deity skins a great deal. Also, just got the junker skin for D.Va. which I love.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I think the Muertos skins show a criminal lack of effort on the part of the design team (right, she's Hispanic, let's give her the same treatment we gave Reaper - GENIUS!), and they could have gone weird with the "Cyberspace" skin, but it's about as safe as the non-Deity skin for Symmetra.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    ED! wrote: »
    I think the Muertos skins show a criminal lack of effort on the part of the design team (right, she's Hispanic, let's give her the same treatment we gave Reaper - GENIUS!), and they could have gone weird with the "Cyberspace" skin, but it's about as safe as the non-Deity skin for Symmetra.

Er, Los Muertos is a thing that's been around in the lore since Soldier 76's trailer. It's not like they came up with it for Sombra.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Speaking of skins, is there a list somewhere of all the ones that have alternate or additional lines? I know of the list on the wiki, but I also know that was missing a bunch last time I checked.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Sombra thoughts from PTR:

She's....not that good? Aside from her ult potentially swinging a fight, she feels like a half-assed Tracer. Invisibility isn't as good as triple blink, and the teleport not as useful get out of jail card as recall. The only thing she has over Tracer is more vertical mobility.

The "everyone constantly fire guns at empty air to check for Sombras" is going to get very annoying.

Hacking doesn't seem worth it against anything but tanks (and molten core turrets). If you can get that close and stay there that long, you should probably just try to kill the squishy.

The medkit hacking just feels silly. 60 seconds is too much, and the respawn boost is crazy. I've honestly felt like from launch that medkits should be "contested" when an enemy is near it and neither can pick it up until the other is gone or dead. Anyway, it's such a niche thing for this to be her most useful feature outside of her ult. It's just kind of annoying and I wish they toned it down (or just removed it) while making her more useful in other areas.

MrBody on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    When a Sombra PotG gets hacked she should just pull an Xzibit face
    /relevant memes

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Any word on what interactions she has with heroes pre-game or the like yet?

Being a Lucio main, I alternatively chuckle or twitch with annoyance every time I hear one of the two interactions with Reinhardt every fucking match.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I think Sombra's thing is that she's going to be great for "surprise, no shield" moments. Not a huge amount of damage output, but being able to bring a Rein shield down in just a couple seconds with one character, who nobody can see before she strikes and can get away immediately after, is pretty significant. So is being able to lock down all the healer ults. Her hack ability lands very easily, and things like knocking out a Lucio aren't always easy. I think she is actually going to be a decent counter against mobility characters in general; the hack is fast and if a mobility character can't escape right away, they can't get away. Things like jumping the back line with Reaper will be a LOT more risky with her blocking his ability to phase away.

The health pack thing is pretty huge, to be sure. I didn't realize it locked enemies out of that health pack, which is pretty crazy; she can have a really big impact on enemy durability by hacking a couple of the right packs. It does seem a crazy long time to have that ridiculously high health pack regen rate, though, especially while also locks enemies out. Sombra literally could hack a large medkit and stand on it to make herself unkillable by Winston.

Personally, I like the fact that she seems to be based more around swinging things with being clever and tactical instead of leaning on a powerful ult. Yeah, she can shut down enemy abilities with her ult, but the range isn't great and she can hack all the time anyway.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Sombra should be able to hack Symmetra's teleport pad to telefrag the next player that walks through it.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Sombra should be able to hack Symmetra's teleport pad to telefrag the next player that walks through it.

Witcher 2 was a good game!

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Being a Lucio main, I alternatively chuckle or twitch with annoyance every time I hear one of the two interactions with Reinhardt every fucking match.

Her chatter doesnt seem to be in game yet.

Ana didnt have any chatter on ptr either, it didnt show up until she went live

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular

HASSELHOFF

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Embarrassing Play Of The Game

Playing Mercy on Illios. We're just coming out of our base. Following our genji and Valkyrie to him as he darts ahead. . .

clip part of the door. immediately fall into the pit that is directly under the base and die within the first seconds of the game.

"where is our healing?"

:(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Mendo is playing high-level comp with sombra, for those who're interested in seeing her in real organized matches

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

Playing Mercy on Illios. We're just coming out of our base. Following our genji and Valkyrie to him as he darts ahead. . .

clip part of the door. immediately fall into the pit that is directly under the base and die within the first seconds of the game.

"where is our healing?"

The bridge on Eichenwald is my own personal suicide pit when I'm playing Mercy there, which is nuts because I'm great with Lucio. Accidentally get bumped or thrown in? No big deal, I'll surf around the edges until I find a stairway. Mercy though? OH SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SLOW FALL LOOK UP FOR SOMEONE TO FLY TO NOPE FUCK WHERES ONE OF THOSE -dead-

Every single time.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Did the Soldier 76 damage increase make it to the live servers yet? Seems like he's working oddly well for me tonight.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

"where is our healing?"

The bridge on Eichenwald is my own personal suicide pit when I'm playing Mercy there, which is nuts because I'm great with Lucio. Accidentally get bumped or thrown in? No big deal, I'll surf around the edges until I find a stairway. Mercy though? OH SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SLOW FALL LOOK UP FOR SOMEONE TO FLY TO NOPE FUCK WHERES ONE OF THOSE -dead-

Every single time.

i just

why is there a pit in front of the starting point?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

"where is our healing?"

Every single time.

i just

why is there a pit in front of the starting point?

To teach some hard lessons.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I can't even imagine how many bad Sombra players there are going to be for at least a couple weeks, contributing even less than a mediocre Widow.

• Options
    Yeah Sombra is definitely a top difficulty hero. You need good tracking to keep her on target, but also a good game sense, switching between map control mode as you go around hacking health kits, assassin Sombra as you go in and force 1v1s against healers, and teamplay Sombra as you take out tank powers and drop EMPs to setup team wipes. You definitely can't just play her like Tracer or soldier, she's very unique and weird.

This discussion has been closed.