Options

OLD [Overwatch] Thread, GO TO 9.0!!!

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Junkrat is great on offense, especially if you have a Rein shild you can chill behind and lob some bombs.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I'm still not good with any offense characters. I'm hoping I can get good with Sombra, using her very different sort of kit.

I think the reason I'm no good with offense characters is cause you have to be able to aim at shit consistently. I can Junkrat because no aim. I can Reinheardt because no aim. I can Lucio because who gives a shit if I actually shoot anything, plus boop. Weirdly, I can snipe motherfuckers with Mei's icicles? Maybe the firing delay compensates for my horrible aim. Whatever. Anyway, Sombra = hitscan = aim required = yeah probably not.

• Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Cog wrote: »
    I feel like 6v6 random heroes is gonna be my jam.

Has anyone tried that?

My biggest problem is always deciding what to play. On defense? Junrkat or Mei all day. I Hanjo when I'm feeling like missing 90% of my shots.

On offense. Uhh... Uhh... Shit i dunno.. I'm terrible at all the offensive heroes... Uhh... uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh fuck I dont know pick Rein!

Wait what? Is this going to be a permanent mode now?

Yeah, it'll always be available from the "arcade" menu (which hosts 1v1, 3v3, mystery heroes, and the current brawl).

I think the arcade version is just 6v6 no limits, not 6v6 random heroes.

Spoiler for terribly large
    arcade_modes.jpg

There is both, plus either constant access to all previous brawls, or some rotating subset of all previous brawls, I wasn't clear on that.

But 1v1 mystery, 6v6 mystery, 3v3 elim, and 6v6 stackhumping are all constant arcade modes.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    As Mercy, I call out that a reaper is flanking left side. No one shifts. I call it out again that I need help. No one shifts. Reaper gets Ana ult and I die. Team blames me for not rezzing.

I hate people sometimes.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    As Mercy, I call out that a reaper is flanking left side. No one shifts. I call it out again that I need help. No one shifts. Reaper gets Ana ult and I die. Team blames me for not rezzing.

I hate people sometimes.

Yep. Watch the killfeed, people!

Speaking of which I'm super-pleased they're gonna' put rezzes in the killfeed. Been wanting that since day one.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The huge, overwhelming problem with the 6v6 Mystery Match mode is that it very easily turns into massive steamrolls when one team or the other gets characters that actually work well together and work well for the objective. Or one team gets super-hosed on picks so badly that the enemy team's mediocre mix still annihilates them.

When your team spawns with two Widows, an Ana, and a Hanzo on payload defense against a Rein, Bastion, Mercy, and Lucio on attack, there's just nothing to be done until basically your whole team is wiped. Or getting one healer for 75% of the match, then suddenly getting three, so you get rolled right over because now you have crap for damage or durability. Or getting only one or two tanks an entire damn match, but never at the same time and only after the enemy team has been alive long enough to just kill everything with ults anyway.

At the very least, 6v6 Mystery Mode should be making sure that both teams get two healers, every time. As it stands, winning or losing at Mystery Mode is incredibly random and gets frustrating pretty fast.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »

I hate people sometimes.

I played as a Healer in WoW, and this is tame with regards to the abuse I used to sometimes get from people for not healing them when circumstances wouldn't allow it. I could write an entire book about the many times I had people blame me for dying when it wasn't my fault.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    The huge, overwhelming problem with the 6v6 Mystery Match mode is that it very easily turns into massive steamrolls when one team or the other gets characters that actually work well together and work well for the objective. Or one team gets super-hosed on picks so badly that the enemy team's mediocre mix still annihilates them.

When your team spawns with two Widows, an Ana, and a Hanzo on payload defense against a Rein, Bastion, Mercy, and Lucio on attack, there's just nothing to be done until basically your whole team is wiped. Or getting one healer for 75% of the match, then suddenly getting three, so you get rolled right over because now you have crap for damage or durability. Or getting only one or two tanks an entire damn match, but never at the same time and only after the enemy team has been alive long enough to just kill everything with ults anyway.

At the very least, 6v6 Mystery Mode should be making sure that both teams get two healers, every time. As it stands, winning or losing at Mystery Mode is incredibly random and gets frustrating pretty fast.

This iteration of 6v6 mystery mode matches both teams with the same heroes, if I recall correctly.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHDYCIb70fQ

I thought they said that Mercy beam wasn't going to reveal an invisible Sombra? Also that bubble.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Boy, the devs talking about how her mechanics worked were off on like... almost half her shit.

Looks like her hack stops stuff like Dvas Boosters and Rein's charge too, which is 100% bullshit.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I suppose if you wanna get technical, it doesn't. You don't see her red outline or a nametag. She's not revealed. There's just, y'know. A beam or a bubble on nothing.

the best kind of correct

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    They did say this PTR would change a lot more than before. So maybe she'll lose some hacking abilities.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Boy, the devs talking about how her mechanics worked were off on like... almost half her shit.

Looks like her hack stops stuff like Dvas Boosters and Rein's charge too, which is 100% bullshit.

It seems like it fits in with existing game mechanics. A hack disables skills that show up in the bottom right side of the screen and not passives. Those two skills are "on" until they end, so turning them off early stops the move. Sort of like how Sombra's ult will cancel a Roadhog ult (like a stun would), but won't stop a Genji ult (like how he can keep swording after being stunned).

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

Her hack stops every ability, it's easier to understand and balance that way than if they went on a case-by-case basis picking the things that can realistically be computer-controlled.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    What I love is that Tracer can't blink or recall for 6 seconds after a hack.

Here is a handy list of Sombra interactions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5br2xj/sombra_hacking_guide_what_can_she_hack_and_some/

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Woke up at 3am, found out Trump won, played Overwatch, lost 2 ranked games, got drunk, went back to bed. :(

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Talith wrote: »
    What I love is that Tracer can't blink or recall for 6 seconds after a hack.

Here is a handy list of Sombra interactions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5br2xj/sombra_hacking_guide_what_can_she_hack_and_some/
    Sonic arrow and invisiblity. This one is interesting. If Hanzo has a Sonic Arrow placed down, and Sombra is invisible, he cannot see Sombra through the walls. However, if she is in line of sight to Hanzo, and within range of a Sonic Arrow, she is visible to Hanzo (and maybe anyone else on the team, we only had the 2 of us.)

Oh goodie. It doesn't work unless she's in LoS for some inane reason.
    Rip-Tire: If the player holding Junkrat presses Q and begins his ult, (his voice line plays, he pulls out the tire, and winds it up), if you can begin hacking him before he finishes winding it up, it will DESTROY the tire, and it will eliminate your ult charge.

That's simply gratuitous.
    Particle/Projected Barrier: Anyone underneat a Bubble that is hit by an EMP will not be affected by the EMP. The bubble will be destroyed, which will give Zarya the 40% charge, but the player underneath will NOT be hacked, and they will not lose any shielding.

I posted a video already where this wasn't true. The bubble was destroyed, the player was hacked, but no shields lost.
    Weapons with a "lock on" (Winston, Symmetra) WILL still target an invisible Sombra as normal she happens to be in their cone of fire.

And the video above shows that Symmetra doesn't target an invisible Sombra. So...
    Someone using a medkit (including Sombra herself) that has been hacked, will count towards her Ultimate charge. (It's as if she was a healer and healed a team mate. This accounts for HUGE charge rate if you stand over a medkit and let it regen constantly.)

Oh good. Constant EMPs on Kings Row and Anubis.

God, she just sounds more and more miserable to play against with each new iteration of details. At this point, I'm really hoping that the Symmetra redesign is a brutal counter to flankers, including her.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Symmetra is basically Green Lantern. They need to do something with her that plays up on that.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    hey, if the things aren't working as intended it's a good thing they put it out on the PTR that's there explicitly to find bugs, right

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Probably going to see a lot more Winston once she is live. Also the Zarya damage tick while wildly swinging around seems like it was changed specifically to tag and break Sombra stealth.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHDYCIb70fQ

I thought they said that Mercy beam wasn't going to reveal an invisible Sombra? Also that bubble.

There's already been some changes to interactions from the blizzcon build to the PTR build. It seems safe to assume that tweaks to how she interacts with abilities will continue

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I think MASSIVE NERF #1 writ in gold letters on the Shroud of Turin has to be "remove hack when Sombra dies." Otherwise, there's simply no recourse whatsoever for those hacked health packs within spitting range of objectives. That's too major a boon for the offense and too major a crippling for the defense for far too long for how easy it is to accomplish. And it also gives her Ult charge at the rate of self-healing? Christ, guys. I cannot see that coming to production the way it exists now.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

Her hack won't stop passive abilities, so D.Va can still eject from her suit, Genji can still wall climb and double jump, pharah can keep floating with spacebar.

But it'll interrupt active abilities like Dva's boosters, or Pharah's shift jumpjets

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »

Her hack won't stop passive abilities, so D.Va can still eject from her suit, Genji can still wall climb and double jump, pharah can keep floating with spacebar.

But it'll interrupt active abilities like Dva's boosters, or Pharah's shift jumpjets

Aside from Roadhog's glitchy hook, of course.

And Rein's ult.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'm not seeing the big deal with hack stopping charges and boosters considering flashbang, dart, hook, bear trap, etc. all stopping them already and each being situationally substantially more powerful.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Huh, so you have to keep your crosshair on the target the entire time she's hacking or it will cancel? At least that's what it seemed like when I was on PTR.

I can't imagine hacking squishies like Tracers. If I can keep the crosshairs on her at that range for en entire second, I'd rather just go for the kill.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Yeah, hacking seems like it is most useful against tanks/defensive heroes before a big push. Drop a translocator near team, stealth in, hack their tank, tele out and help your team mop up.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Yeah, hacking seems like it is most useful against tanks/defensive heroes before a big push. Drop a translocator near team, stealth in, hack their tank, tele out and help your team mop up.

Or, you know, EMP. Which charges at a super rate thanks to the hacked health pack stuff.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

And Rein's ult.

Flashbang doesn't stop the hook either. You can launch your hook, get stunned, and still reel them in, you just won't be able to get your point blank shot in.

You're freaking out about a new mechanic being consistent with other similar mechanics.

Yeah she busts a ton of abilities and ults but her best counter right now is just shooting her. It breaks her invis and hack both of which are on long cooldowns. Just shoot her.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Or, you know, EMP. Which charges at a super rate thanks to the hacked health pack stuff.

Well, yeah, that's a given. I have a feeling they are going to massively nerf the amount of ult charge she gets from hacked healthpacks.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

And Rein's ult.

Flashbang doesn't stop the hook either. You can launch your hook, get stunned, and still reel them in, you just won't be able to get your point blank shot in.

You're freaking out about a new mechanic being consistent with other similar mechanics.

Yeah she busts a ton of abilities and ults but her best counter right now is just shooting her. It breaks her invis and hack both of which are on long cooldowns. Just shoot her.

6 seconds is a pretty short cooldown. Not a comment on her relative op or lack of. Just saying, that's a really short cooldown.

• Options
    edited November 2016

And Rein's ult.

6 seconds is a pretty short cooldown. Not a comment on her relative op or lack of. Just saying, that's a really short cooldown.

Hack is 12. Stealth is 6.

Hack doesn't really worry me on its own that much, aside from the health pack stuff. It's that it's also tied to EMP, an instant, unblockable, and fast-charging ultimate that utterly obliterates my main two characters. They're already support. The last thing people need is more reason to never play them.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

And Rein's ult.

Hack is 12. Stealth is 6.

Hack doesn't really worry me on its own that much, aside from the health pack stuff. It's that it's also tied to EMP, an instant, unblockable, and fast-charging ultimate that utterly obliterates my main two characters. They're already support. The last thing people need is more reason to never play them.

Sorry, thought they were both twelve. I would say 6 seconds is a long enough cooldown on something that you can get shot out of by a stray bullet and be rendered mostly defenseless.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I find her translocater to be kinda neat, i think it has some of the most fun potential. Translocate on defense point, run to the enemy team spawn, stealth just before round start, empty a clip into someone, recall to your team for defense.

Stuff like that.

The fact that you seem to inherit the inerta of the translocator is cool, if you translocate while it's in mid air.

Cog on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I find her translocater to be kinda neat, i think it has some of the most fun potential.

Sombra in general seems like someone thought it'd be cool to give Lilith from Borderlands the Unreal Tournament translocator, ideas I heartily endorse.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20372506

Free play weekend on the 18th

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I'm not seeing the big deal with hack stopping charges and boosters considering flashbang, dart, hook, bear trap, etc. all stopping them already and each being situationally substantially more powerful.
    Mmm, I feel like the fact that Sombra's is targeted while the others are skill shots factors into the 'fairness' feeling a bit.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    I mean, hack takes 1.2 seconds to cast, so good luck saving anyone who's about to get smooshed by a rein charge

Sombra's abilities sound really scary, but honestly once you start playing against her she is not actually that intimidating

Cool, hacked healthkits... But most teams have 2 healers anyway who can handle all the healing in a team fight much more efficiently than trying to run back to a health kit. Healing is really powerful, that's why there's such a premium on burst damage characters like McCree. Having health kits regen faster doesn't change that basic dynamic.

Silence is real nice in a team fight, but your team has a lot less damage in exchange for her utility, and she can't take any damage while she hacks, which really limits the situations in which she can do it. Even if she gets a hack off on most other DPS characters she'll still lose the 1v1 because her damage is so weak.

Honestly she's a bit more like a hybrid offense/support than a pure offense like tracer or mccree.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Overwatch Mythbusters did a new video on Sombra. Most interesting the turret interactions and the brief invincibility her teleport offers.

https://youtu.be/1joQTQFgIE0

Also, I made a new clip show I'm pleased with.

https://youtu.be/IydZ3iM2XGU

The Reinhardt I mess with during The Muppet bit got a Pulse Bomb on his back and a spray of the pistols as soon as he walked away. He survived with like 2 health and his Ana instantly filled him back to full as I went to melee him, and he charged me.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
This discussion has been closed.