Options

[Heroes of the Storm] THE NATURE OF MONKEY WAS IRREPRESSIBLE

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular

Several traditional sports teams are ( and have) bought esports teams recently. I saw something on twitter about visa investing. I'm hoping it will lead to something positive.

Hopefully yeah, I still think the biggest thing holding them back in America is not being identified with cities/regions. Seriously, you take the city/state off of any teams back and their crowd VANISHES.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

It's just a trick to get you to fall in love with a hero and buy them with money! I won't fall for your evil ways, Blizzard!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

So... it'll be weekend HotS x weekend HotS?

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll finally try TLV*!

*I probably will not do this.

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    Sivraj wrote: »

It'll pretty much be my chance to play AI games until I get them to level 5 and then never play them again.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

It's just a trick to get you to fall in love with a hero and buy them with money! I won't fall for your evil ways, Blizzard!

Yeah, don't give that money over to Blizzard so easily, you need that money to buy Hearthstone packs! Wait . . .

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Sivraj wrote: »

TLV are very fun. But, you know.... hard

Steam profile
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I got them to 5 in ai games ages ago and it was incredibly stressful even there.

TLV players are basically wizards.

SQlzBQr.jpg
    10 dollars blizzard! It even has a blue and brown variant in wow so the tints are ready 2 go.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    If Valeera is seriously the next hero, then they can take a break from Warcraft and Assassins for the rest of 2017

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    So this happened earlier today.
    It's pretty much be the highlight of my competitive career in heroes.

https://gfycat.com/SoulfulLameGreatdane

It's all downhill from here...
    (and yes she's still mad at me for playing with my food)

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Just lost a diamond 2 promotion game because people didn't attack the fucking core and we all died with it at 4% hp. Entire game our varian is spamming pings on me because I'm not playing bw exactly how he wants and constantly spamming chat for me to z even though it's on cooldown pretty much constantly.

I hate mobas.

edit: though, it is nice they added that ping mute thing, when was that added? someone told me about it ingame, since i muted him but was still pinging over and over.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    I think a lot of people have no idea how much damage Zul'jin can do to a core and how quickly.

I had a game on Haunted Mines tonight. Our bottom Keep was down with core at 100% HP, and Thrall and Zul'jin were pretty obviously making a push for our core while everyone was skirmishing in top lane. I happened to be dead and couldn't do anything at the time, so I pinged and typed "defend bot lane" when they were only around the middle of the map - plenty of time to head them off. Of course, nobody moved. So I keep pinging and typing, and the only people who eventually decided to go defend (once Thrall and Zul'jin were already inside our base) were Brightwing and Murky, who got back in time to kill Thrall right before Zul'jin finished off the core - before I could even respawn.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Yeah, if Zul'jin has Taz'dingo up, especially with the upgrade at 20, he can basically solo the core from around 50%+shields at least. Throw another person into the mix and it's practically gg unless you have some stun or displacement or something to get him off. I've used it a few times to squeak out a win the other team probably wasn't expecting.

Alot of times on late game pushes I'll just completely ignore everything and just go nuts on the core.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Fucking hell why are all these brawls such shit?

Two Li Ming + three Chromies. On Tomb. You're not handing any spider butts in ever.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Fucking hell why are all these brawls such shit?

Two Li Ming + three Chromies. On Tomb. You're not handing any spider butts in ever.

could be worse. there was an image floating around of 5 nazeebo team.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I actually really liked this brawl.

The ability damage on buildings is so strong you don't really have to fight all the time if you don't want to.
    So, it's OK if you don't have any zeebos.

The mediv counter to negate damage is so key, too.
    You gotta have a good mediv though.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The quality of games has been so bad lately that I don't really care to play right now. Not sure what it is, but to be perfectly honest it has been such a complete shitshow that it's turned me off of playing completely.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I don't really understand why Chromie's dragon drop doesn't have an indicator of where it's going to land, honestly.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I don't really understand why Chromie's dragon drop doesn't have an indicator of where it's going to land, honestly.

If it did, it would be pretty easy to avoid. Her whole design is based on doing a lot of damage at once, so making one of her two skill shots much harder to land would require some sort of rebalancing to compensate.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    The quality of games has been so bad lately that I don't really care to play right now. Not sure what it is, but to be perfectly honest it has been such a complete shitshow that it's turned me off of playing completely.

Rynox sent me this picture earlier today; I think it fits here.

15978340_10154787786967348_626492812_n.jpg?oh=8a22496d1c7822df1cbcba775f868366&oe=5877F882

milk ducks on
  • Options
    In all seriousness, though, take a break. I agree with you, so I've been playing Diablo 3 the last few nights. Season 9 just started, and I'm having a blast in the evenings with Bert.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular

If it did, it would be pretty easy to avoid. Her whole design is based on doing a lot of damage at once, so making one of her two skill shots much harder to land would require some sort of rebalancing to compensate.
    I mean, when I've played with/against her, and especially during the Mage Brawl, she can just drop dragons on people at near max range and there's not much they can do about it.

I cannot think of any other ability that is as unpredictable as it.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options

I mean, when I've played with/against her, and especially during the Mage Brawl, she can just drop dragons on people at near max range and there's not much they can do about it.

I cannot think of any other ability that is as unpredictable as it.

The inability to see it coming is basically the entire point of the ability. It's what makes it unique. It's also got a huge delay and a long cooldown and unless talented isn't event that big. Also, all Chromie's abilities can be seen being cast, even through the fog of war.

The whole point of Chromie's design is the player has to "predict the future" by anticipating where the enemy will be in a second or two and aim there. The other team must learn to out-think her when they see her casting, especially her W. Don't stand still, watch for the cast and then move in an unanticipated direction.

If you could see it coming it would need a massive buff honestly.

• Options
    milk ducks wrote: »

Rynox sent me this picture earlier today; I think it fits here.

15978340_10154787786967348_626492812_n.jpg?oh=8a22496d1c7822df1cbcba775f868366&oe=5877F882

Link no worky. But yeah, I'm gonna take a little break for sure.

• Options
    Wait how come the link doesn't work in the original post but it works when I quote it?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I got Leoric in a brawl a few weeks ago and wondered how is he supposed to work. Dude's got a ton of HP but is so slow in everything he does. I never see him listed in the top tiers for Warriors and can't figure out his style.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Oh, more questions:

Is there a hotkey for the other ping commands? I know V is retreat, but I can't find one for danger.

Do most of you here use camera location shortcuts? The whole F5-F8 stuff? How about other shortcuts or commands new players might not use often?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Oh, more questions:

Is there a hotkey for the other ping commands? I know V is retreat, but I can't find one for danger.

Do most of you here use camera location shortcuts? The whole F5-F8 stuff? How about other shortcuts or commands new players might not use often?

hold the 'g' key and drag in a direction, or whatever you have ping mapped to

I got Leoric in a brawl a few weeks ago and wondered how is he supposed to work. Dude's got a ton of HP but is so slow in everything he does. I never see him listed in the top tiers for Warriors and can't figure out his style.

he is the anti-warrior warrior. his drain life (w) is % based so it is more effective the more base hp your opponent has

• Options
    edited January 2017

Leoric's in a rough spot these days. Needs a rework and some love ever since they nerfed his wave-clear and buffed alot of other warriors and such, since that used to be one of his main claims to fame.

Anyway, the basic thing Leoric does is counter other tanks. He's an anti-tank bruiser. His W does %-based damage and healing, meaning the bigger the target the nastier he is. Also his W, once cast, is completely uninterruptable. Can't be cleansed, stunned, nothing. The only thing they can do is run out of it's range.

So basically you run a build something like this:
    http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/leoric#kxEn
    (lvl 7 there's a few choices, but basically it's between slower slow or bigger aoe slow)

Anyway the whole point is to go in, Q the enemy big HP target so they can't dodge and then hit them with the W. After this they either have to take massive damage or run away. Use your E for escape/survival and occasionally to chase. Use your Q to waveclear and help zone for the rest of your team. But the big thing you are doing is being like Bruiser Tychus. Attack the big HP warrior as they engage and fuck them up.

When you are dead, scout for your team but be careful where you rez so you aren't immediately pounced on and killed again. And your death timer is always shorter then anyone else's so if it comes down to you vs a teammate dying, make sure it's you.

Spectral Leech at 20 is fucking ridiculous and if the game goes that long, you become a monster. You will tear other tanks apart at that point and be healing the whole time.

I generally prefer Entomb, since throwing down terrain has many uses. Ganks, peels, distruption, whatever. And the cooldown is quite low at only 50 seconds.

shryke on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I remember some people being iffy on gunslinger valla, which I mostly gave a pass because I'm a sucker for wild west stuff

but dang that new chromie skin is definitely not a good

just like, why. why do you have to put stuff like that in as officially sponsored content?

the new kharazim skin is dope tho

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Gave Abathur a try since he's free this week. Very different and strange to play. Fun though, especially if you have a more macro-oriented mindset. First game we lost pretty bad, but the second game we won.

lm5tpqyattzw.png

I guess the idea is to body soak lanes that are far away from the objectives and put the hat on a teammate. After 10, I focused more on making my bug dudes ranged attackers and building nests. Drop the nest and 3 pack at once with a minion wave to do strong siege damage, then Z out of there. Any other protips?

Naturally I cloned a teammate on accident since cancel and ultimate share the R key. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Abathur is one of the most fun heroes to play but requires a good team to make up the difference in team fights (as in not over engage).

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They do realize Brawl ALSO needs a matchmaker, right

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I remember some people being iffy on gunslinger valla, which I mostly gave a pass because I'm a sucker for wild west stuff

just like, why. why do you have to put stuff like that in as officially sponsored content?

The Chromie skin is pretty clearly a tribute to "I Dream of Jeannie" it was a show from the 60s or 70s that a lot of people watched re-runs of in syndication. Lighten up Francis.

• Options

The Chromie skin is pretty clearly a tribute to "I Dream of Jeannie" it was a show from the 60s or 70s that a lot of people watched re-runs of in syndication. Lighten up Francis.

Yeah, but the 60s and 70s had a lot of really sexist stuff (i mean, so does the rest of history and present day, but still...). We shouldn't take those standards as "ok."

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    So, is Heroes of the Storm the only Blizzard game that didn't celebrate Diablo's 20th anniversary?

Maybe they could have, I don't know, had a Diablo-themed Brawl.

Or announced an upcoming Diablo hero.

Like, something.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017

"it was that way in the past" isn't an excuse for gross stuff

if you want to see gnomes in sexy outfits, there's places for that other than the actual game where she's an important, lore-relevant character for non-sexy reasons

unless you're explicitly making a sex-themed game or something, like maybe you can get away with what shantae does because that's part of the series' core identity

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    So, is Heroes of the Storm the only Blizzard game that didn't celebrate Diablo's 20th anniversary?

Maybe they could have, I don't know, had a Diablo-themed Brawl.

Or announced an upcoming Diablo hero.

Like, something.

They did, technically. Silver City.

So, they kinda didn't, really.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    They do realize Brawl ALSO needs a matchmaker, right
    I think they don't give a shit because for almost everyone it's just 3 and out.