Options

[Heroes of the Storm] THE NATURE OF MONKEY WAS IRREPRESSIBLE

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Yep, please do. Warcraft is why I'm here.

Just need a holy or disc priest next.

Don't be a goose. Lots of people are here for other things than WarCraft. You've gotten over half of all the pudding. Maybe let some of the other kids have a bit before you ask for more?

It's a real bummer when the first hero I've literally ever been legit excited about because I've played a belf rogue in wow for 6 of the last 12 years comes out and the entire community is saying it's shit and cancer and fuck you blizzard. I don't care about trolls, and I don't care about Varian, but I still try to be excited for them. I didn't even know who Al'arak was since I only played Wings of Liberty but I focused on his playstyle to be excited. Same with Auriel.

Blizzard has acknowledged there are no supports, they're working on it. There are only so many ways to heal and they backed themselves into a corner.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    Yeah, don't be a goose by being happy with something. :P

I understand the desire to see more supports and more characters from other franchises, but in the end, what matters to me is having fun playing the game. The supports that are already here and useful are still here and useful, and what franchise a character is from ultimately doesn't affect the gameplay.

And they've been working on each of these new heroes for a long time. Things will come around eventually.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    More Starcraft heroes or give me Blackthorne. Yes, in fact, Blackthrone next please.
    Rock N' Roll car would be an acceptable substitution until Blackthorne appears.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Yep, please do. Warcraft is why I'm here.

Just need a holy or disc priest next.

Don't be a goose. Lots of people are here for other things than WarCraft. You've gotten over half of all the pudding. Maybe let some of the other kids have a bit before you ask for more?

Neither of these statements are great but I understand @Knight_ here. Like I think he could of responded INITITIALLY better (like his followup was) but I don't think he meant anything against other people's fun for the rest of it which makes your response a bit uncalled for, dude.

Let's say, for instance. I want an Illidan/Arthas model revamp BAD. I want them to both look as new and shiny as the new stuff coming out (I'd also like some of Illidan's cut talents in the last update he got to actually make it live so I suck less at him but that's another story). I would be thrilled if they said "Hey, we're not doing a hero for a month so we can full update visually these two heroes". I would be stoked. It would entirely bum out a lot of people but I'd be happy. I'm allowed to be happy about it, just as @Knight_ is allowed to be happy about Valeera (and I kind of am too). We're heavier Warcraft people so of course we're going to be happier when we keep getting more.

We're not saying the other people aren't allowed to have theirs. We aren't saying it shouldn't be a bit more better split. We're just saying we're happy when we get stuff, even if it's MORE stuff.

Also, I know it's a Warcraft character, but again a LOT of people play Hearthstone too (which is based off of Warcraft, I know) and seeing another staple like her appeals to two crowds this way. I'm sure they'll take a break after this so just hang in there, ok?

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    I started off my post with the exact words "I'm happy for people who were waiting for Valeera"

@Knight_ 's response to that was 100% goosey.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    I'm happy, but blizzard please go drown in the ocean is perhaps undercutting your message if that is the intent.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    morgan_coke was warned for this.
    I'm happy, but blizzard please go drown in the ocean is perhaps undercutting your message if that is the intent.

Quit being a trollish child. I said I'm happy for other people, not for myself. If the words strung together in sentences are too hard for you to comprehend, perhaps this could help: https://www.bobbooks.com/

Tube on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    15965441_10155060428575864_3211445122507547496_n.jpg?oh=9e541ed64625ddff763b66e190476b30&oe=5923A6EB

milk ducks on
  • Options

Quit being a trollish child. I said I'm happy for other people, not for myself. If the words strung together in sentences are too hard for you to comprehend, perhaps this could help: https://www.bobbooks.com/

Might want to tone it down a bit, man. I'm incredibly unexcited for Valeera, but only because I'm sick to death of WarCraft heroes and Assassins. This is the fourth in a row, right?

It Knight's happy about it, let him be happy about it. I was excited about Zul'jin because I've played a troll for the past 12 years in WoW. Its the exact same reason he's excited for a belf rogue. He's entitled to his hype.

• Options
    @milk ducks go read the initial exchange, i explicitly said i was happy for him and he's continued to act like a spoiled kid, but yes, let's all jump on me for pointing that out

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Another stealth Hero, oh boy!!!!

Anyway snark aside I can't really comment one way or the other til I see her kit. I'm sure she'll be fun though.

UNRELATED, decided to bang out some more Hero League today. Lost one, won one. Oh well! First game we just, lost the draft horrendously. Warhead Junction, I'm second pick. We end up with Gul'dan/Ragnaros, with myself on Rags. Okay, cool. Enemy team starts drafting... Butcher, Zeratul, ETC. Ah, well, scary. Someone on my team has been hovering Artanis, I'm not too sure about it now with them having an ETC. Well, still plenty of room left in the draft for-- my team locks in Varian/Artanis OKAY we're kinda fucked now. Enemy team lastpicks Johanna/Brightwing and my team last picks Kharazim. Varian goes tank, of course, but doesn't pick Warbringer and keeps dying. Neither tank is frontlining well. We get run over because we don't have any tools to deal with ETC/Butcher aggression.

Second game, Spider Queen. I notice that our Artanis/Varian are on the enemy team this time. Mmyes, good. So, our team first picks Sylv, great. I snag ETC, then we get an Alarak pick. Enemy team has drafted Xul, Nazeebo, and Artanis at this point (yes, Artanis from last game picked Artanis again, what a surprise). We end with locking in Malf/Raynor, they end with Leoric/Rehgar. We proceed to BODY THE SHIT out of them. ETC stun into Alarak pull into Malf roots = gank city. Their Leoric starts feeding like a motherfucker all game (he was the Varian from last game, ended with 13 deaths). I went Mosh because they had no answer for it. I landed this amazing four man Mosh shortly after hitting 10, TwiDream goes out after it ends, we wipe them all. Kinda set the tone for the rest of the game.

It's just really interesting how the game can be determined before it even starts, sometimes. Just from people making really poor draft choices. Refusing to adapt to the situation and your team's picks and the enemy's picks. Just, picking a Hero for the hell of it rather than looking at any potential synergy or thinking about good/bad matchups. The first game was a mess because of poor drafting, the second game was practically a steamroll because we had an incredibly synergistic comp with tons of layered CC and follow-up for ETC stuns.

Welp, 4-2 so far for HL, so not bad. I've been doing pretty well on tanks, I guess I can keep doing that unless I have the opportunity to like, first pick Thrall or somethin'.

Edit: I think I've actually been enjoying Draft more than QM lately, honestly. I like QM and all but it's SUCH a shitshow sometimes and there's not much you can do when the enemy team has Tracer/Illidan and they rip you apart. It's just the same fuckin' Heroes over and over again, certain free week Heroes make the game actively worse (it's goddamn Abathur free week, no wonder I've been seeing shitty Abbies in all my games), you have a very high chance to get comp-fucked. I dunno. HL's fun though, I've been enjoying that.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I'm hoping her stealth is duration based like Samuro, but also not usable in "combat" with a Vanish talent at some high tier. She should spend a lot of time out of stealth because that's how rogues in warcraft work. Also prevents the ultra escape mechanics Samuro and to a lesser extent Zeratul have, which really aren't fun to play against.

Also terribly curious to see if she's energy based somehow. That's very hard to balance in a moba but it'd be a great flavor.

re: HL, I have also been doing really well on tanks this season. Diablo and Muradin have been great for me. It's interesting I haven't really played any Ranged Assassins this season since they've been my bread and butter in the past.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

UNRELATED, decided to bang out some more Hero League today. Lost one, won one. Oh well! First game we just, lost the draft horrendously. Warhead Junction, I'm second pick. We end up with Gul'dan/Ragnaros, with myself on Rags. Okay, cool. Enemy team starts drafting... Butcher, Zeratul, ETC. Ah, well, scary. Someone on my team has been hovering Artanis, I'm not too sure about it now with them having an ETC. Well, still plenty of room left in the draft for-- my team locks in Varian/Artanis OKAY we're kinda fucked now. Enemy team lastpicks Johanna/Brightwing and my team last picks Kharazim. Varian goes tank, of course, but doesn't pick Warbringer and keeps dying. Neither tank is frontlining well. We get run over because we don't have any tools to deal with ETC/Butcher aggression.

Also so thinking about this first game a bit more, like how different would it have gone if we picked up, say, Auriel over Kharazim? Tyrael over Artanis? Falstad over Varian?

Auriel goes great with Gul'dan because he's constantly shitting out damage and constantly filling her energy. Crystal Aegis completely negates Butcher/Lamb and saves any unfortunate soul who gets caught in the ETC/Butcher aggression.

Tyrael for Sanc to really protect the team and instantly turn teamfights, plus ends up protecting myself on Ragnaros and enables me to actually go in.

Falstad for Gust, and Warhead is a large map with a large objective focus so having Fly is amazing.

Dunno if we would've won, per se, but the game would've gone a lot differently. Enemy team picking ETC/Butcher/Zeratul wasn't a death knell for us, but rather our team picking Artanis/Varian/Kharazim was. We still had the opportunity to end with a good draft to counter their aggression, but my teammates chose not to take that opportunity.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I guess this is their chance to put in an Omni-slash attack with Killing Spree as an ultimate, huh? Oh wait, Karazhim basically already does that. Hm.

I can't say I really care about Valeera? I suppose she's interesting for no other reason than they have to condense "what a warcraft rogue is" into a tiny blood elf lady with questionable armor. Condensing any 12 year long class into a handful of abilities is no easy feat even if rogues have been relatively constant.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    My random guesses on Valeera:

Plays similarly to Illidan,with short cooldowns that need to be managed properly to get in melee position and do damage while also avoiding getting caught. Mostly dishes out Ability-based damage instead of AA damage, with some kind of combo mechanic to reward staying on a single target until it dies or staying in fights longer. Also perhaps some bonus damage or skills based on being behind your target. Stealth is highly conditional and not a "permanent" state like with Nova or Zeratul.

• Options
    Combo points, energy bar and finishers. I feel like those mechanics are non-negotiable if we're talking about a WoW Rogue hero.

I'd make Stealth her trait, and give it a duration similar to Samuro's, like @Knight_ suggested. Her basic abilities change while she's stealthed, so for example, if her Q were typically Sinister Strike, it would change to Ambush when she stealthed. Would be nice if she had access to Kidney Shot or, maybe more interestingly, Garrotte; would be cool if a hero had a single-target silence that could be used regularly. I think that would shake things up a bit, for sure. Ultimates could be like Shadow Dance (like Nova's Ghost Protocol, in that stealth temporarily isn't broken by attacking or taking damage, enabling Valeera to spam her stealth attacks for big burst) and Killing Spree (become invulnerable and dance around to multiple targets, dealing critical damage to each enemy hit within a certain radius, similar I guess to Seven Sided Strike). I could get on board with a kit like that.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Shadowstep or RIOT

that's all I'm saying

it'd be kinda cool

pop directly behind target, only usable during stealth, doesn't break stealth

maybe a talent that lets it be usable on friendlies?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I would take back all the shit I've talked about "another WoW assassin" if she has Detect Traps on her 1 key by default, like Xul's Bone Shield, and literally all it does is make the swirly ball spin around her. No cooldown, so you can just spam swirly ball if you want.

I would take back

all

the shit

I've talked

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Combo points, energy bar and finishers. I feel like those mechanics are non-negotiable if we're talking about a WoW Rogue hero.

To truly make it authentic, every time she gains an ability if Rexxar or another Hunter based hero is on the team there's a 1/5th chance they'll get the ability instead and exclaim that it's a Hunter weapon.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It'd be interesting to see Shadowstrike for raw damage, Cheap Shot for stun, Garrote for silence and dot in stealth on QWE, and Backstab for CP, Eviserate, Rupture (Nightblade if modern sub) out of stealth.

Then have one of her Rs be Shadow Dance which lets you use those stealth abilities, and I'd make the other one Vendetta for huge single target focus like Marked for Death or Shadow Blades, for higher throughput because you'd do more damage and generate more combo points.

That kit also lets her retain some of that Shadowstep flair rogues have because Shadowstrike has a gap closer teleport when you cast it. Nightblade could be used to slow targets so she can stay on them, like it is in wow and also a mechanic present on most melee assassins. Doesn't slow by itself, but applies a short slow when the rogue attacks a target with Nightblade on it.

The combo point mechanics and the two spenders are clunky in a game with so few abilities so I expect them to go a totally different way, but I'd love to see it.

edit:
    I would take back all the shit I've talked about "another WoW assassin" if she has Detect Traps on her 1 key by default, like Xul's Bone Shield, and literally all it does is make the swirly ball spin around her. No cooldown, so you can just spam swirly ball if you want.

I would take back

all

the shit

I've talked

lol I was thinking about swirly ball just the other day and how to include that in valeera's kit. swirly ball too strong.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    All I know about Valeera is from Hearthstone. Therefore:

Ultimate 1: Summon a Gadgetzan Auctioneer for 20 seconds. Every time you use a basic ability, reduce cooldowns on the other ability by 3 seconds, then draw a card.

Ultimate 2: Summon Malygos for 20 seconds. All your abilities deal 500% more damage.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    She's barely a character in WoW. Like Rehgar, she was introduced in one of the godawful comics and gets cameos in WoW proper. I think she's part of the Rogue story in Legion.

Which is, again, why having Yet Another Warcraft Hero is so annoying when it's not even a notable one. I guess she's better than Rehgar since she has a presence in Hearthstone, but eh.

I want to see an actual commitment to releasing different heroes than feeding a line of bullshit as they give us like two heroes from another universe then rushing back to a string of Warcraft heroes like an addict.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I assume they were choosing between Valeera and Garona and decided on not an orc. If Valeera's kit is more the raw damage half of rogues, I expect they're saving poisons for a theoretical Garona years down the line.

Apparently the rumor is that the next hero is a non-warcraft support, from the guy who has leaked hints of Zul'Jin and Valeera correctly.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    My Blizzard lore is very poor. I have played WoW enough to get to level 80, I used to play Starcraft 1 back in college, played some WC2 before that, and I played the Diablos... I dunno, somehow the lore never felt too important to me. Especially in WoW.

Anyway, I enjoy the heroes in HotS for the quality of what I see in HotS. There are some who are just more fun to play because of who they are. And there are some who are annoying (I'm looking at you Dehaka, and your constant raspy voiced nonsense about change. I get it. You like evolving.)

I want to see a balance just so there's a nice sense of the worlds colliding in the nexus, but another random protoss who looks like Tassadar except different doesn't interest me character-wise as much as someone like Chromie or Lunara.

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    Lunara is literally a random dryad, so that's a weird statement to make

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    A better spread of heroes also helps with reducing daily quest tedium. If there weren't franchise/role based quests, the hero imbalance would at least feel a little more arbitrary and saying it's bad would be a little more subjective.

• Options
    If they wanted a rogue hero, the correct answer was Gankly Rottenfist.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    forty wrote: »
    If they wanted a rogue hero, the correct answer was Gankly Rottenfist. johnny rotten

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Lunara is literally a random dryad, so that's a weird statement to make
    I was surprised when I took my druid to his class hall and saw Lunara wandering around.

• Options
    There's also a quest to play as Murky, complete with all of his hots skills.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    If they wanted a rogue hero, the correct answer was Gankly Rottenfist. johnny rotten
    Nah, Gankly is far more fleshed out and awesome. Also, it wouldn't make sense for HotS to have two heroes named Johnny, and there's no reason to waste that name slot on Johnny Rotten when we're all waiting for Johnny Awesome to be implemented.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    More Starcraft heroes or give me Blackthorne. Yes, in fact, Blackthrone next please.
    Rock N' Roll car would be an acceptable substitution until Blackthorne appears.

Honestly, I'm all for more Warcraft characters. Since they have Varian, Rehgar, and are adding Valeera, they might as well finish off the gladiator team with Broll Bearmantle so we have a guardian druid based hero. Or maybe they could dip into some of the Hearthstone-only "Warcraft" characters like Kazakus or Reno Jackson?

But Blackthorne or some of the Rock n' Roll Racing drivers would be my top picks for new characters to add. As for RnRR characters, just do like Nintendo did with Captain Falcon in Smash Bros and make shit up based on their appearance/personality. Driving the car around (with weapons) could be their Ultimate. Also; Rip & Shred as next TLV-like hero? But only if they have the soundbites of the announcer saying "Rip was lost out there!" and "Shred was in another time zone!" when they die.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Rip lights him up!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I guess this is their chance to put in an Omni-slash attack with Killing Spree as an ultimate, huh? Oh wait, Karazhim basically already does that. Hm.

I can't say I really care about Valeera? I suppose she's interesting for no other reason than they have to condense "what a warcraft rogue is" into a tiny blood elf lady with questionable armor. Condensing any 12 year long class into a handful of abilities is no easy feat even if rogues have been relatively constant.

Pretty sure they'll make their job easier by treating her as a single spec (assassination, given her usual portrayal). This also leaves the door open to bringing in other Warcraft characters (Garona for Outlaw?) to model other specs (like I said above; Malf is sort of a Balance/Resto blend, but most people associate druids with shapeshifting so Broll would be a nice addition).

I know that's not what a lot of you guys want to hear, but it seems like a pretty obvious design choice to me. More focused character profiles and leaving design space for future additions.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    If they're going to make more Wacraft heroes (and they will, I fully expect 2017 to be another lopsided year) then at least pull from the game and not that shit comic.

Hamuul Runetotem is RIGHT THERE for a Guardian druid type of warrior. (although technically Rexxar and Chen already give us two bear warriors)

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I'd agree with you, especially because I like Hamuul. I just figured when you've got 3/4ths of a team of characters it'd be weird to leave the last one out.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

Might want to tone it down a bit, man. I'm incredibly unexcited for Valeera, but only because I'm sick to death of WarCraft heroes and Assassins. This is the fourth in a row, right?

It Knight's happy about it, let him be happy about it. I was excited about Zul'jin because I've played a troll for the past 12 years in WoW. Its the exact same reason he's excited for a belf rogue. He's entitled to his hype.

My main has been a (gnome) rogue since 2004, usually assassination, which is why I'm excited about Valeera and was about Chromie.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I'd make Stealth her trait, and give it a duration similar to Samuro's, like @Knight_ suggested. Her basic abilities change while she's stealthed, so for example, if her Q were typically Sinister Strike, it would change to Ambush when she stealthed. Would be nice if she had access to Kidney Shot or, maybe more interestingly, Garrotte; would be cool if a hero had a single-target silence that could be used regularly. I think that would shake things up a bit, for sure. Ultimates could be like Shadow Dance (like Nova's Ghost Protocol, in that stealth temporarily isn't broken by attacking or taking damage, enabling Valeera to spam her stealth attacks for big burst) and Killing Spree (become invulnerable and dance around to multiple targets, dealing critical damage to each enemy hit within a certain radius, similar I guess to Seven Sided Strike). I could get on board with a kit like that.

Most of that stuff is Outlaw(what used to be called Combat) or Subtlety. Assasination is all about poisons and bleeds.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    naming possible rogue heroes and no one mentions the VanCleefs???

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I assume they were choosing between Valeera and Garona and decided on not an orc. If Valeera's kit is more the raw damage half of rogues, I expect they're saving poisons for a theoretical Garona years down the line.

Apparently the rumor is that the next hero is a non-warcraft support, from the guy who has leaked hints of Zul'Jin and Valeera correctly.

Heh Garona is Assassin too, every 110 assasin rogue is using her old hand me down daggers in Legion.

For Outlaw you have some random pirate or Noggenfogger (yes, THAT Noggenfogger), and for Sub you got the Panda lady from Isle of Thunder and Mathias Shaw, leader of Stormwind CIA.

steam_sig.png