As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] THE NATURE OF MONKEY WAS IRREPRESSIBLE

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    *Sits back, amused by the people surprised by Tassadar's pitiful damage, when he knew what we were in for the moment he read the PTR patch notes*

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Block is a good talent. Sometimes you take it, sometimes you don't. But it's not a garbo talent by a long shot. If there weren't talents and abilities that behaved differently based on attack speed, then there would be no meaningful distinction between attack speeds beyond aesthetics.
    Stutter stepping disagrees. Murky disagrees. Seasoned Marksman disagrees.

Edit: Whether or not it needs to be is one thing, but changing Block doesn't exactly turn attack speeds into arbitrary aesthetics.

forty on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Lord I hate Samuro and Valeeras "unrevealable" state.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Now is a great time to play Alarak in QM.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Is it possible to do the rooster thing in AI matches?
    Just tried, and yes.

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Wow, tried Tassadar in two games. Not good.

His level one quest talents. You can finish the Attack Range, and the Psionic Storm one completely before 10 minutes. You're lucky if you hit the halfway point on the Shield one by 15 minutes. That is AWFUL design. The 8 second CD on shields is brutal and terrible. You just can't work even one person really effectively with that. He needs like, way more HP than he has now. Way, way, way too fragile. His attack damage is like, a joke. You do Tychus level 1 damage at level 12. I don't even know what that's about. Like, you literally can't kill minions with his AA's. His level 20 talents. Boosting the non-existant damage of his AA's is pointless, because anything times zero is still zero. his version of Storm shield has a longer cooldown than his ult, which is very bad.

Needs a lot of love, make his level one shield quest 10/20 instead of 20/40, double his AA damage, and give him +50% health, and return shield duration/cd to 5s, then re-assess from there.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    Is it just me or does Valeera's minimap icon look... weird?

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

screenshot pls

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The rooster race seems like it was jammed out in ten minutes with absolutely no forethought. It's not even that hard, but it requires coordination and everyone on your team knowing how it works. And it requires less than half a minute to do. Why didn't they test this on the PTR? Or, you know, the many other bugs in this patch.

You have to click on the items to pick them up, not the quicker and easier way of just running over them. Also, if you bring the wrong item the rooster rejects it and you LOSE the item. as long as everyone grabs an item it's pretty easy to win, but the sloppy implementation of this patch event makes it very hard to do with strangers.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    And expecting 25 completions in 3 weeks is asinine.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    This game is so much better when not played with others.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    Killrande strikes again!

c7drvun14bcc.jpg

League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Vladimer wrote: »
    It's really bad. I'm not a fan of the state they released this patch in. Maybe the game isn't for me anymore

Eh, the patch overall seems fine to me. A few bugs apparently but mostly the issue is Tassadar is in exactly as bad a state as everyone thought he was on the PTR.

• Options
    Lord I hate Samuro and Valeeras "unrevealable" state.

On this note, been dicking around with Valeera today and my #1 issue with her right now is how goddamn annoying AoE is. It's really really hard to engage in a teamfight because you are always getting knocked out of stealth by incidental AoE and without your openers you are alot less useful.

When you have the momentum in a fight though and you can use your opener, it's really strong though.

QM is actually kinda annoying as fuck right now because of it since Valeera v Valeera is like Nova v Nova where the first person to actually do something loses.

• Options
    Also, wtf is wrong with you Blizzard?

5 randos get match against a 5-man group. How the fuck does that happen?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    They were waiting for more than 10m is the only possible time that happens.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    shryke wrote: »
    Vladimer wrote: »
    It's really bad. I'm not a fan of the state they released this patch in. Maybe the game isn't for me anymore

Eh, the patch overall seems fine to me. A few bugs apparently but mostly the issue is Tassadar is in exactly as bad a state as everyone thought he was on the PTR.

well i mean the queues were intentionally disabled because of all the issues. at the end of the day its a night of gaming, but i know personally i just wanted to chill and mess around with tassadar in QM. i was supremely disappointed when i couldn't. i'm not going to quit or anything like that but the seemingly large amount of bugs, pathetic tassadar rework, nonsensical rexxar rework (at least as it appears right now), the clearly scrambled lunar rooster event etc. there are a lot of things to be unhappy about with this patch.

edit:
    *Sits back, amused by the people surprised by Tassadar's pitiful damage, when he knew what we were in for the moment he read the PTR patch notes*
    i actually felt his archon damage was kinda significant, but i only ot to play a couple of games so i dunno.
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    See, the brawls that they delivered are not the brawls that we were shown two Blizzcons ago. Yes, I realize there is iteration in software design, and what they have given us is what Blizzard landed on for being a controllable environment for wacky stuff.

But really, I just want a mode where I can go in, watch a slot roll, and get matched with crazy fucking matches like all Illidans or something. That's what I want.

Instead they basically just stole the weekly brawls from Overwatch. It isn't terrible, but I feel like it's very unimaginative. This could have been their chance to just unload a super "anything goes" mode and let the players sort it out.

1 of the 2 brawl games i played was in that slot machine vein. we had 3 li-mings and i think they did too? i dunno. it was miserable. i recall even people saying here "that's it?" when that sort of thing was announced. they kinda had to introduce this other disaster. or they could've left it the way it was and the people who solely wanted that would be happy. i dunno which way wouldve generated more overall enjoyment. in either case i'm definitely dropping groups if people want to do brawls going forward.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ok how do you do the rooster race?

I do want Li Ming's skin but for $30 for a fart cloud, samaro and the monkey king skin pass

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ok how do you do the rooster race?

I do want Li Ming's skin but for $30 for a fart cloud, samaro and the monkey king skin pass

there are a variety of items scattered around, they have to be returned in sequence before the timer runs out. dunno if the sequence is random or always in a specific order.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So I am screwed to get the rooster.......

• Options

i don't expect to be able to get it either

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular

On reddit they posted about looking into increasing the time to do it. I've completed it all of 1 time in 4 attempts I got it yesterday. Surprised it happened but not complaining.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    What's also tough is that you're competing with the other team so even if you're all trying you can still get screwed if you have a slow ally like abathur, hammer, dehaka, etc..

Also, does the race win only tick once per day? Coulda sworn we won it twice yesterday and my counter is only at 1.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    The other problem with the Rooster Race is that literally only one team can complete it.

Like, as in, you are competing against the enemy team. And if they complete it first WHOOPS LOL UR FUKT.

Yeah, not a good time. Just let both teams be able to complete it! Why put in these hurdles? The Monkey event from last year was perfect, it'd show up for both teams, both teams could complete it, easy. These things are supposed to be fun little bonuses, they're not supposed to be difficult to complete.

The individual skins should be available at some point later on (2 weeks?), outside of the bundle. So you'll be able to snag em then, I think. Ah, yup, patch notes specify this too:
    Monkey King Samuro – Available by purchasing the 2017 Lunar Festival Bundle. Available individually starting January 31, 2017
    Lunar Li-Ming – Available by purchasing the 2017 Lunar Festival Bundle. Available individually starting February 7, 2017

Hmm, why's that? I mean I know my boy Alarak is good, but why right now?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Supposedly monkey King samuro is bugged and the real one shows a different color than the images for the enemy team.

I can't personally confirm.

• Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    Holy shit Tassadar's auto attack damage is so low it is legitimately tilting to watch. It takes you 20 seconds of uninterrupted channeling to kill a single minion LOLOLOLOL.

Haha yeah I decided to play Tyrande last night and got on a team with Tassadar and he and I were in a lane together killing minions and it was hilarious how slow we were. :)

But hey, we won! Our Tass was great about placing shields and I was great at baiting out attacks which got absorbed by his shields. I mean he really was fantastic - like the other team had Abathur and it was Dragon Shire and when we were top together and I headed up to cap the shrine he'd shield me first and then I just walked through the mines like they weren't there.

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Dibby wrote: »
    The individual skins should be available at some point later on (2 weeks?), outside of the bundle. So you'll be able to snag em then, I think. Ah, yup, patch notes specify this too:
    Monkey King Samuro – Available by purchasing the 2017 Lunar Festival Bundle. Available individually starting January 31, 2017
    Lunar Li-Ming – Available by purchasing the 2017 Lunar Festival Bundle. Available individually starting February 7, 2017
    I honestly don't understand this at all. Are they trying to trick people into thinking the bundle is the only way to milk more money out of them? Like, why not offer all this individually from the start? I spent like a half an hour trying to figure out why the hell I couldn't buy Li-Ming's skin on its own last night...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand this at all. Are they trying to trick people into thinking the bundle is the only way to milk more money out of them? Like, why not offer all this individually from the start? I spent like a half an hour trying to figure out why the hell I couldn't buy Li-Ming's skin on its own last night...

Event skins are always available in a bundle first. Same with mounts.

They are actually trying less to trick you now since they are telling you outright they will be available outside the bundle later.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Regarding these holiday event things, I thought they were always supposed to pop if someone on the team needs it? I tried it in an AI game last night with my roommate, and both he and I obviously needed the event, but it didn't spawn. Does it require a full 5 man team maybe? We just filled our other 3 slots with AI.

Also - in past AI experiences where I have AI teammates, I have been able to direct my AI using pings. Like if I ping an objective, they will respond and go there. Or if I ping a boss or camp, they will go there. But last night the AI companions 100% ignored me completely. Is this a new bug, or am I just getting lucky that they were showing up to my pings in previous games?

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Oh god AI allies?
    >.<'

I've never tried pinging an objective to direct AI, I generally just ping the AI and that makes them follow me.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    After watching the video they put up, and seeing the Monkey King skin, I wish he was his own hero instead of a Samuro skin.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    Machwing wrote: »

screenshot pls

@Machwing here you go:
    Pknf7rl.png
    she looks, uh, kind of not great

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    shryke wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Event skins are always available in a bundle first. Same with mounts.

They are actually trying less to trick you now since they are telling you outright they will be available outside the bundle later.

Also, the bundle is a sale price, and individual skins (especially immediately after the bundle release) are rarely discounted. So you can buy the individual skins, but they will be at full price. I'm also pretty sure that, as with the vast majority of mounts, the nimbus cloud will not appear in the shop again until the next Lunar Festival event (if that).

Blizzard doesn't trick people with those kind of car salesman schemes. Their sales strategy has always revolved around maintaining a strong brand, higher prices, and exclusivity. That's why things are bundled for discounting in the first place - to force you to make the decision whether you want to get more things that you maybe don't want at a lower price or pay the premium for individual choice. And the exclusivity windows just add a little more edge to that decision.

If you're pissed, it's because you are feeling the pain of that strategy, not because they are tricking you. =P
    Hmm, why's that? I mean I know my boy Alarak is good, but why right now?

He dumpsters Valeera. She can't even show her face around him. It's great.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Lol making the two teams compete for the rooster mini game is asinine

If you want the mount to be rare just put it up for 20k gold or something sheesh

• Options
    lowkey best change of this patch: the exit process for HotS is like 100x faster now

seriously, it used to take like half a minute before

it takes like one second now

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I finally got a chance to play with my gurl Valeera today.

C3CcWrLVIAAujYX.jpg

Let's just say I have a new main. :bzz:

(The joke here is that I don't have a main, period, ever. I bounce around from Hero to Hero way too much.)

Seriously though, wow. WOW. She's so fucking FUN to play. She fits my playstyle like a goddamn glove. Let's go down the goddamn checklist:

- Melee Assassin? [✔]
    - High burst damage? [✔]
    - Potent CC? [✔]
    - Highly mobile? [✔]
    - Has an escape (or in this case, two escapes)? [✔]
    - Hearthstone references? [✔][✔][✔]

Wow. Just, wow. I've only played three games but I fucking love her. She's my SPIRIT ANIMAL YOU GUYS.

So far though it seems like there's really only one viable opener. Cheap Shot is just miles above the rest. Like, Ambush is useless (Garrote does more damage! AND it silences!), even if you grab Assassinate (other builds do just as much damage without the isolation conditional). Garrote is good... but Stuns will always beat out Silences. The Garrote build itself does do a truckload of damage, but you're also pigeonholed into only using Garrote at that point. Not sure how they fix that.

Build I've been using: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/valeera#gR7k

(Garrote Build, for reference: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/valeera#gr-U Seems like it has potential? But I dunno...)

Just a general purpose build focusing on Energy, and thus allowing you to pump out more damage. And since you're not building for Garrote/Ambush, you can Cheap Shot all you fuckin' want. It's great.

Also I'm still not convinced on Cloak of Shadows. Smoke Bomb seems... ultra good. The number of times where I was caught out or dived on, and I drop Smoke Bomb and we instantly turn the teamfight? Yeaaaah.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Lol making the two teams compete for the rooster mini game is asinine

If you want the mount to be rare just put it up for 20k gold or something sheesh

I must have 4 out of 30 so far and I played maybe... 7 or 8 games so far.

So about 1 every 2 games. 60 games - 70 games for the event then. How long does it go? If it is a month that makes 2-3 games a day. Very doable for regular players.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Dang it, the more I think about it the more I actually want a Hockey Goalie Arthas skin. Especially if they can get the Ice Resurfacer ult in there.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch