Options

[Hearthstone] Mean Streets of Gadgetzan arrives Dec 1st!

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    New card (from Day, writer for brazilian site Cristal de Mana)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xO103Q36aA

Kabal Crystal Runner
    6 mana 5/5 Mage Rare.
    Cost is reduced by 2 for every secret you've played this game.

Image:
    rDWrffd.png

So they're obviously trying really hard to make Secrets Mage a thing.

Someone said that Blizzard is bitter that Eater of Secrets isn't more widely deployed, so maybe they're just developing Secrets for the classes so that EoS makes its way into the meta.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »

Kabal Crystal Runner
    6 mana 5/5 Mage Rare.

Image:
    rDWrffd.png

Someone said that Blizzard is bitter that Eater of Secrets isn't more widely deployed, so maybe they're just developing Secrets for the classes so that EoS makes its way into the meta.

It's seeing wide play in Wild already!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Kabal Crystal Runner
    6 mana 5/5 Mage Rare.

Image:
    rDWrffd.png

That's their own dang fault, they added it at the same time that the only popular deck it was super worthwhile against was rotating out!

• Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    3clipse wrote: »

Kabal Crystal Runner
    6 mana 5/5 Mage Rare.

Image:
    rDWrffd.png

That's their own dang fault, they added it at the same time that the only popular deck it was super worthwhile against was rotating out!

I had previously assumed that was a case of them wanting to be able to say "See guys? We care about wild!"

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So, are we not going to hit the end of the week bonus card? We're at 36% of the third bar, still two full ones to go and tomorrow is the last day correct?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The bar will magically fill, Blizz has no interest in killing their own hype.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Drop the Reno tag, double up on all 'deal damage to all' cards

keep a single burn card as the finisher to eek out slightly more damage to your opponent than yourself

Problem with that is the entire time your opponent is also damaging you. Probably more than whatever your last single-target burn spell is. And that's assuming you haven't life-tapped all game.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    If you beat me

and I say "Well played"

and you DON'T say "Well played" back

then you are a criminal and need to be put in prison forever.

Sometimes the game is laggy. I try!

One BM thing that's been happening to me a lot lately is my opponent roping out without doing anything or leaving the game, wasting my time until the game notices they've left, once I get an insurmountable lead. Like, can't you just fucking hit concede or play it out? I really feel like half of my games lately have ended with "Your opponent left."

When this happens i imagine my opponent being so thoroughly crushed that he had to leave the room and is sobbing under his blankets.

It helps!

Hah. I try to do that too but must of the time I just find myself nodding along, "yeah man, this game IS bullshit sometimes."

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I can't believe there are people who are actually spending time clicking the bar.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular

That's incredible!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    That card is pretty good.

Not as good as the zero cost 5-5 from shaman (since you don't lose THAT much tempo from hero power or your other minions that count as totems), but still good since they'll likely be free or 1-cost 5-5s if you draw them later in the game.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I guess I figured if they were doing that they'd be more subtle about it.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    So, do I craft Leeroy, Cairne, Sylvanas or Rag? Rag seems super popular right now?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Rag is good. But Syl and Leeroy are nice too. What kind of decks are you running?

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Without knowing anything else of the decks you play, Rag is the best standalone choice.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Without knowing anything else of the decks you play, Rag is the best standalone choice.

Sylvanas is probably second in most-used. Leeroy is good for many face/aggro decks.

I like Cairne a bunch, but I don't think I'd recommend crafting him. He only barely edges in on "in-style" every once in a while, and is never really "wow I'm glad I have Cairne now!"

Steam profile
  • Options
    Lots of Secret Hunter. I like Control type Warrior. I should also add that I am contemplating Malygos because I love combo and that's all I'm missing for MalyRogue. I love combo decks, RIP combo decks.

• Options
    rag is very very useful as a top-end finisher for decks like secret hunter and he can also slot into control decks as a value engine

although tbh with an expansion just on the horizon it might be best to wait a month and see how the meta shakes out, perhaps with counterfeit coin malyrogue gets super good and crafting maly will be a good choice!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Oh, no, I totally get it.
    - They don't owe me anything.
    - They might be playing it while also balancing their checkbook and watching the baby.
    - They might have auto-squelched me.
    - They might feel like "Well played" is not for just any ol' match, you want to save it for the truly special game.
    - They might not have clicked the emote option fast enough.

They're still a monster.

(I just feel like one person "Well played"ing and the other not doing it is like refusing to shake an outstretched hand, and things like that turn me into a literal rage-beast IRL)

The only thing that upsets me in this game is when someone burns rope often or if they only have one or two cards and just sit there.

i don't even notice emotes. i drop a WP after a WP or a WP at the end of the games because that seems common enough. Other than that *shrug*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rag is very very useful as a top-end finisher for decks like secret hunter and he can also slot into control decks as a value engine

although tbh with an expansion just on the horizon it might be best to wait a month and see how the meta shakes out, perhaps with counterfeit coin malyrogue gets super good and crafting maly will be a good choice!

Yeah. I was on the fence about Maly at all. Then I remembered how much I love combo decks. That opens up Maly Rogue and Maly Druid. Why are decisions so hard!

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Why did they have to make me wait an extra week for Druid cards.

ugh

this is painful

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Why did they have to make me wait an extra week for Druid cards.

ugh

this is painful

They needed more time to nerf them.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Wait i thought you said priest

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Nah, that would be the wrong cycle. It's Priest's turn to be OP this spring (and cement their eternal dominion over Wild).

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    That was a new one. After an arena victory had an opponent request to be my friend to insult my ranked level.

Not that i've been playing ranked at all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Today I found out if there are two Liadrins, the second one says "Holy Fire is my middle name" LIADRIN THAT'S TERRIBLE

• Options
    Kabal Crystal Runner
    6 mana 5/5 Mage Rare.

Image:
    rDWrffd.png

This card is cool. Not sure how many more secrets I'd want to run to make this thing work. Two ice blocks, probably. Maybe ice barrier.

MIrror? Probably not, seems like secrets are still best suited for control.
    Counterspell? Maybe, this can be pretty devastating under the right circumstances, if you can reasonably predict what your opponent is going to play.
    Vaporize? Eh, too easy to counter.
    Spell bender?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    spellbender did do a huge amount of work for me in reno mage because it eats hexes

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I just had a disgusting druid vs warrior game. innervate innervate azure drake and then just great top decks, won on turn 10

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    rDWrffd.png

WHY would they print this card!?

They already had to nerf Molten Giant. They see that people complain about Arcane Giant & Thing From Below... but they just. keep. doing it. FUCK

New one-drop that lets you play a secret for free on the first turn. Which turns on Medivh's Valet on curve for second turn. Third turn you can play another secret or Coin a 5/5... lol. All new, all Secret Tempo Mage. Still with Mana Wyrm's and RNG Babbling Books goodness. Whomp.

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    Coffey wrote: »
    rDWrffd.png

WHY would they print this card!?

They already had to nerf Molten Giant. They see that people complain about Arcane Giant & Thing From Below... but they just. keep. doing it. FUCK
    Playing 3 secrets is a lot, even with Kirin Tor and the new one, this card is almost never going to be free.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    People are really careful about checking for counterspell, but petty bad about checking for spellbender

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Coinage wrote: »
    Playing 3 secrets is a lot, even with Kirin Tor and the new one, this card is almost never going to be free.

It doesn't have to be free. A 2-mana 5/5 when you're playing a Tempo deck with a ton of burn is going to be crazy. I'm glad they had the foresight to make it vanilla though, instead of giving it Taunt like Thing From Below.

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So the inevitable Warrior version will be (FAKE CARD):

6 mana, 5/5
    Costs (2) less for each Weapon you've equipped this game.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

It doesn't have to be free. A 2-mana 5/5 when you're playing a Tempo deck with a ton of burn is going to be crazy. I'm glad they had the foresight to make it vanilla though, instead of giving it Taunt like Thing From Below.

4 secrets is even a lot. most non control mage decks run 2

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I did tinker around with secrets mage a bit and you can definitely push the envelope

like I was running 9-ish secrets and still was almost able to get away with it

not to mention that 1 drop that reduces a secret into mirror on turn 1 is actually just dumb

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I did tinker around with secrets mage a bit and you can definitely push the envelope

like I was running 9-ish secrets and still was almost able to get away with it

not to mention that 1 drop that reduces a secret into mirror on turn 1 is actually just dumb

It was a whole bunch more viable with Duplicate

Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The problem with Thing From Below is not that it becomes free, it's that it becomes free because of your hero power, and it exists in a class that is already ridiculously good at snowballing the board.

Arcane Giant only really works in 1 deck and that deck is not an all powerful ladder god.

Molten Giant's issue was more that when combined with healing effects it made it basically impossible for aggro to win against Handlock.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

4 secrets is even a lot. most non control mage decks run 2

If that. Tempo Mage hasn't put secrets in the deck since Mad Scientist rotated out.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I don't see the problem with arcane giants. But then I didn't think molten giants were a problem either but here we are.

I think the cost reduction thing can be interesting because it promotes certain play styles. Hand lock had to be careful of life total and opponents couldn't just set the lock below 10 unless they had some reach. Filling half your deck with spells isn't really a great strategy by itself because if you're only casting spells it's hard to take the board. Playing cheap giants later in the game as a result of your deck construction is fine.

I think cost reduction as the problem is a red herring. It depends on the conditions and what classes have access to them.

Playing that 5/5 for free means you've played 3 3-mana secrets over the course of a game. It doesn't have taunt, doesn't have any special abilities, it's just a nice body. Won't save you from death.

I think the question is whether tempo mage can run this card without sacrificing too much. I don't see this as a tempo card, I think it will work better in control mage, but maybe I'm mistaken.

GoodKingJayIII on
This discussion has been closed.