As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Eternal Card Game] Set two, Omens of the Past, released!

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Welp, ended at #190 for now. Hope I can at least stay in the top 500 when the event finishes. Went 7-1, 5-3, 5-3 and got like 14 packs + leaderboard packs so feels worth it for 6000 gold.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I dislike that Relic Weapons have HP but standard relics require a hate card.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    What really threw me is that casting relic destruction on a relic weapon removes the armor. 'cause like, it creates this weird dynamic where if you have a bunch of armor and you think they might have like a Banish or something you actively don't want to equip it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I've not had that happen. It puts the relic in your void with zero armor, so if you bring it back, it falls right off again? Ugh.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    I've not had that happen. It puts the relic in your void with zero armor, so if you bring it back, it falls right off again? Ugh.

Naw, the weapon retains its armor in the void, but you lose the armor from your hero. So if you have like a Daisho and 8 armor and they Shatterglass Mage the Daisho, the Shatterglass also just burned you for 8 in addition to killing your weapon.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Is Bartholo still any good? Since the change (nerf) I have gotten two of him from packs.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    why is it I will win like 5 in a row then tilt off the face off the earth

why does god hate me?

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Fry wrote: »
    Is Bartholo still any good? Since the change (nerf) I have gotten two of him from packs.

He’s still really difficult to answer, you just can’t have a curve of Bart -> Lethrai Falchion anymore. He makes more sense at 4 and he is still gross in a list built for him.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    18 turns, 13 power cards drawn over this 0-3 arena run

what a fucking game

• Options
    Woo, made it to Master in constructed by grinding with my cheapo Armory deck. Ranked 1811

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm still mad at myself for never screenshotting the moment when i was master rank 420

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    i'm still mad at myself for never screenshotting the moment when i was master rank 420

You must have been who knocked me to 421.

• Options

Nice

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Alright hit the situation where I'm out of gold to draft and out of shiftstone to really craft anything. Hope this almost complete praxis token deck carries me for the next couple weeks.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    Alright hit the situation where I'm out of gold to draft and out of shiftstone to really craft anything. Hope this almost complete praxis token deck carries me for the next couple weeks.

it's boring, but grinding gauntlet is a decent source for gold and the occasional pack from chest upgrades.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Foomy wrote: »

it's boring, but grinding gauntlet is a decent source for gold and the occasional pack from chest upgrades.
    at first, but they intentionally nerfed the gains from gauntlet specifically so you dont do that for very long.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Foomy wrote: »

at first, but they intentionally nerfed the gains from gauntlet specifically so you dont do that for very long.

At the moment whether it's worth it depends on whether you have quests you can do there, yeah.

• Options
    Previews for a new large set are about to start: The Dusk Road

Also note that there's a Promo Card available right now, and the above link lists all the cosmetic whatsits that will be pulled from the store once the new set hits.

• Options
    bring on those sweet sweet fling type effect

Jotun-Punter.png

• Options
    On a goof, I put a copy of Snapping Brushstalker (5/4, returns to hand when opponent plays a spell) into my Xenan Killers deck. Got matched up against Feln Control, and they had a little bit of a hard time dealing with it. Azindel's Gift couldn't even really kill it. Eventually they found a Withering Witch to make my Brushstalker sad though, womp womp.

• Options
    Have they talked about their plans for set rotation at all? Specifically, is set 1 going to be out of constructed when set 3 comes out?

• Options
    Have they talked about their plans for set rotation at all? Specifically, is set 1 going to be out of constructed when set 3 comes out?

I don't think they have, but I imagine they'll do something very similar to Magic.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    If they do rotations, I would imagine it will be when the 4th set arrives. It seems like 3 sets is the magic number for most card games.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    LSV wrote a little post with a ton of new spoilers: direwolfdigital.com/news/gather-your-allies/

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    LSV wrote a little post with a ton of new spoilers: direwolfdigital.com/news/gather-your-allies/

Stella is a weird design - I don't really think of Plate / Rakano equip decks as midrange in quite that way - but cool.

• Options
    Official spoiler gallery

Devastating Setback looks like a card I'd love to have for my Armory deck. Option select between Sabotage and Plague, sign me up! Wanted Poster, too. Yes, I would like to draw two cards at a cost of one power.

That "night" keyword makes me nervous, hints at awful mechanics from other games. I imagine the DWD team has played some or all of those games though, so maybe they'll have taken the lessons to heart and not made it awful.

• Options
    ... Wanted Poster for Armory? Yes please.

Devastating Setback is more for Feln Control than Armory, I think - will let me stop running Sabotage / Cat Burglar in there. Nice to see they've realized Rolant's Choice is too weak for the cost, though.

• Options
    Is Gilded Hammer collectible? That seems pretty strong as a mini-Sword of the Sky King.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Is Gilded Hammer collectible? That seems pretty strong as a mini-Sword of the Sky King.

No rarity symbol at the bottom, so probably not?

• Options
    Do not fall for the trap of Wanted Poster. It is a flavorful card (pulled directly from Magic), but it is undoubtedly mediocre. You cannot curse your own units, so you can't use it in conjunction with sacrifice effects, thus you are more often than not going to have invest additional power and another card in order to trigger Wanted Poster. To which I say: "No thank you."

• Options
    Do not fall for the trap of Wanted Poster. It is a flavorful card (pulled directly from Magic), but it is undoubtedly mediocre. You cannot curse your own units, so you can't use it in conjunction with sacrifice effects, thus you are more often than not going to have invest additional power and another card in order to trigger Wanted Poster. To which I say: "No thank you."

I suppose it's a potential dead draw itself, but I was probably going to play the Auric Runehammer and smack a guy anyway?

I get your point, though. I was excited to see more ways to draw cards doing what I'm already hoping to do.

• Options
    Relic Weapons definitely make it more viable than the Magic equivalent (which I think was called Bequeathal?).

But it's still mediocre. I know we all hurt inside after Inspire got nerfed, but Wanted Poster is not what we need.

• Options
    Relic Weapons definitely make it more viable than the Magic equivalent (which I think was called Bequeathal?).

But it's still mediocre. I know we all hurt inside after Inspire got nerfed, but Wanted Poster is not what we need.

Clearly we need an Argenport legendary that dispenses Wanted Posters.

• Options
    I spend all day killing units in Armory, in fact I pretty much have to clear the opponent's board in order to close out the game. If I can't immediately cash in Wanted Poster, the game is probably either won or lost already.

I've been running 2x Sabotage in Armory to give me an early play that can help Tavrod to stick, as well as give me some help against things like Crown of Possibilities shenanigans. I think I'm happy to pay four power for that effect if it also gives me another out to getting run over by a swarm of weenies, which is one of the more common ways I lose with that deck.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I spend all day killing units in Armory, in fact I pretty much have to clear the opponent's board in order to close out the game. If I can't immediately cash in Wanted Poster, the game is probably either won or lost already.

I've been running 2x Sabotage in Armory to give me an early play that can help Tavrod to stick, as well as give me some help against things like Crown of Possibilities shenanigans. I think I'm happy to pay four power for that effect if it also gives me another out to getting run over by a swarm of weenies, which is one of the more common ways I lose with that deck.

It's probably fine in a very pro-Tarvod Armory, but SS is a little bit of an ask except on very particular draws of most of the other builds of the deck.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    What does not-Tavrod Armory look like? I am often disappointed in Tavrod, as he either gets killed right away OR manages to completely whiff on his trigger with startling regularity. Also sometimes I just lose to my manabase.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    What does not-Tavrod Armory look like? I am often disappointed in Tavrod, as he either gets killed right away OR manages to completely whiff on his trigger with startling regularity. Also sometimes I just lose to my manabase.

Good Armory article: https://eternalwarcry.com/articles/details/58l1uHoE-S8/tonygeeeees-updated-guide-to-armory

Traditional armory basically just swap the tavrods with more throne wardens, maybe another icaria or some reforges.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited December 2017

A bit light in the Shadow part of the mana base, mostly, in versions that finish with Icaria. Icaria Blue variants drop all the shadow cards entirely for similar Primal effects. Tavrod (and Devastating Setback, if you run it) would be the only SS cards in the deck in any version, I think? Once you're running heavier shadow you might be better off running pure Argenport and dropping all the Fire stuff.

Really, the whole deck is (and will remain) in flux because they keep putting out new cost-effective stuff for Argenport in particular. Which is honestly one of the cool things about Armory - it's a core, not a full list the way Chalice feels like it is.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I'm pretty sure I just 7-1'd a draft mostly because I got the right Banners / Strangers to play Stj, plus two Seek Powers, plus a Find the Way... and just okay everything else except a Leave A Witness.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Abzan has the best removal and best creatures, so yah!

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991