As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

did you forget your scissors, wrestling thread???

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Well there's no chance in hell I get this 2016 recap finished in time for the new thread. It's seven pages long in Open Office and I'm only halfway through the year. I've got some words for 2016. That year needs to sit in the corner and think about what it's done.

edit: boring TOTP but diddly dee here's a new episode of the AEP

Awesome Truth in the neighbourhood? Who ya gonna call? The RrrroCk*spits*. Kefin, Adam and Billy reflect on a night of shambolic action in Madision Square Garden. Never Before. Never Again.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I look forward to your in-depth recap of the Bone Soldier/Yoshitatsu feud.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Ronda Rousey shows up on Smackdown.

Eva Marie interrupts her introduction to talk about Rousey being a loser. Goes to slap her.

Rousey catches her hand.

Rousey takes her down with a judo toss, locks in an armbar, referees storm to pull her off, Eva Marie slinks away clutching at the sorry remains of what used to be her arm while Ronda Rousey yells at her from the ring while being held back by a small army of referees.

Bang, broken star rebuilt. It'll take all of five minutes.

Honestly, Rousey isn't going to be a full timer, so I rather Eva Marie put Rousey in a hold and have Rousey tap, than have Rousey beat up a full time superstar(when Eva is not filming a movie).

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »
    Ronda Rousey shows up on Smackdown.

Eva Marie interrupts her introduction to talk about Rousey being a loser. Goes to slap her.

Rousey catches her hand.

Rousey takes her down with a judo toss, locks in an armbar, referees storm to pull her off, Eva Marie slinks away clutching at the sorry remains of what used to be her arm while Ronda Rousey yells at her from the ring while being held back by a small army of referees.

Bang, broken star rebuilt. It'll take all of five minutes.

Honestly, Rousey isn't going to be a full timer, so I rather Eva Marie put Rousey in a hold and have Rousey tap, than have Rousey beat up a full time superstar(when Eva is not filming a movie).

No offense but you're probably the only human being who feels this way.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am 800% fine with Rousey trouncing Eva because while Eva has become a fantastic character her wrestling skill is still lackluster at best and her character kind of needs her to be bad at actually wrestling so having her get her arm busted open by Rousey doesn't really hurt her at all.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Eva's primary job should be either finding excuses not to wrestle or losing immediately if she does.

And I like her.

• Options
    She could lose to a person who'd have one match and never wrestle again and I'd be fine with it.

• Options
    I look forward to your in-depth recap of the Bone Soldier/Yoshitatsu feud.

qaEXdgr.jpg?1

Bone...Soldier...

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Let's have a new thread up before SDL, I suggest we post random wrestling clips

The amazingly good bit kinda shady Matt Riddle!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IVP22k-jaaI

The wonderful and hopefully NXT bound Veda Scott!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=36EVzSMxoQY

Pinkie Sanchez!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WmxR91ai9Xo

• Options
    Reminder that Bone Soldier's finisher is a choke bomb named Bone Soldier.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Reminder that Bone Soldier's finisher is a choke bomb named Bone Soldier.

the most ridiculous part of this sentence is that Bone Soldier has a finishing move.

• Options
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    TNA taping schedule:

1/5 7PM
    1/6 7PM
    1/7 1PM and 7PM
    1/8 1PM and 7PM
    1/10 6PM
    1/11 6PM
    1/12 6PM

• Options
    TNA taping schedule:

1/5 7PM
    1/6 7PM
    1/7 1PM and 7PM
    1/8 1PM and 7PM
    1/10 6PM
    1/11 6PM
    1/12 6PM

And they'll do this 4 times a year.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    John Cena recently spoke with ESPN, here are the highlights….

On The New Crop of WWE Talent: “Over the past decade and a half that I’ve been around, the superstar turnover rate has been [high]. I’ve seen maybe three waves of talent come and go. I was just fortunate to be in a group in the turn of the century that was extremely talented, [with the] likes of Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar, just to name a few.”

On a Possible Match With The Undertaker: “Undertaker certainly is a cornerstone of WWE, and just as I say to myself that I really would have liked to been able to get to know and certainly get in the ring with Andre the Giant, just because of all the respect and folklore that went around with Andre, I think The Undertaker has that same sort of respect and folklore around him. “If you’re asking if I’d want to be in a high-profile match with one of the most legendary superstars in the industry, my answer is yes.”

Speaking of potential Mania matches, so is Roman vs Goldberg now on the table?

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I continue to assume that Roman vs Strowman is more likely.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »

If WWE really wants to push Roman as the bestest ever wrestler why not have him beat he guy who beat the guy in less than 2 minutes who ended the streak.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

If WWE really wants to push Roman as the bestest ever wrestler why not have him beat he guy who beat the guy in less than 2 minutes who ended the streak.

This would require Goldberg to wrestle for more than two minutes.

You could have Roman beat him in a 10-15 minute match, but it would do him no favors. Roman isn't talented enough to carry Goldberg through it, so you'd have a fifteen minute snooze fest. He'd look worse coming out of it, even with a victory.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

This would require Goldberg to wrestle for more than two minutes.

You could have Roman beat him in a 10-15 minute match, but it would do him no favors. Roman isn't talented enough to carry Goldberg through it, so you'd have a fifteen minute snooze fest. He'd look worse coming out of it, even with a victory.

Slap
    Slap
    Superman punch!
    Superman punch!
    Awoooooooooooooooooooogahhhhhhh
    SPEAR!

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I mean the females could use another valid intimidating super star . Only one currently on the roster is Asuka . Also put both of them on smackdown . The only female on raw I care about is Charlotte cause she is an awesome heel. The rest are super boring and deserve the dumpster fire that raw has become.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Outside of Sasha and Charlotte, the women on RAW absolutely deserve better booking than they've had.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    FEEEMALES

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Putting the E in WWFem--wait...

Putting... no.

Putt--... nope, don't have it.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I mean the females could use another valid intimidating super star . Only one currently on the roster is Asuka . Also put both of them on smackdown . The only female on raw I care about is Charlotte cause she is an awesome heel. The rest are super boring and deserve the dumpster fire that raw has become.

I think they're building up Nikki as a feral monster right now, which could be an interesting dynamic.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

I think they're building up Nikki as a feral monster right now, which could be an interesting dynamic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxzfkz5oWMg

She's really good at character work.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »
    Someone pay me money to go the next wrestlethread without talking about Baron Corbin.

After seeing your wrestlings of the year awards nominations, I'm considering it.

I will replace every mention of Baron Corbin in the next thread to Giant Tiger.

Gimmick infringement!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    According to The Sheetz, DDP is the first inductee to the 2017 HoF class

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Progress Chapter 42 is up, and Jim is talking about bringing his 4 month old son to a show in the future and recreating the beginning of the Lion King with him.
    Need to go to every Progress show this year just in case this happens.

Also I'm pretty sure this is the first time a wrestling crowd has ever chanted "Teething baby".

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Progress Chapter 42 is up, and Jim is talking about bringing his 4 month old son to a show in the future and recreating the beginning of the Lion King with him.

Also I'm pretty sure this is the first time a wrestling crowd has ever chanted "Teething baby".

I'd agree if I wasn't absolutely sure Top Gun Talwar managed to get that chant at some point.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    First VGCW of the new year, starting off with a fatal four way cage match

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Even if you don't like her I'd say Nia is pretty intimidating.

Raw has two big storylines for the women right now, I'd say the booking is fine so far for a good chunk of them.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

I'd agree if I wasn't absolutely sure Top Gun Talwar managed to get that chant at some point.

I can believe that.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    According to The Sheetz, DDP is the first inductee to the 2017 HoF class

He's basically been The Humane Society for wrestlers, pulling them from the metaphorical streets, getting them the help they need and releasing them back better healthier and happier than they might have even been while they were still wrestling. Surprised he hasn't already been inducted.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    How many big names are still out of the HoF? Vader, Taker, Goldberg, DDP...

wait, the Rock hasn't gone in yet. He's got to be the headliner this year.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Hope the 205 Live crowd tonight isn't funeral level quiet tonight. Heard it was pretty rough on Raw for the two cruiser matches yesterday.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    this King just debuted on VGCW
    King_Tekken_6.jpg

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Didn't Vader say recently the doctor only gave him 2 years to live? If they want him in I hope they do it while he can enjoy it.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Miz vs Dean tonight, and an AJ/Cena contract signing.

• Options
    Plus La Luchadora hopefully!

This discussion has been closed.