Options

[Final Fantasy] V Four Job Fiesta starts Monday! Play for charity! Play for fun!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I have a five day weekend starting now until Tuesday. You'd think I'd be sour that I wouldn't get that break when FFXV comes out, but I'm not.

There's no "wrong" way to play games, you do you. But with a 10 year conceptual wait as well as waiting for ages for the next numbered FF, I really want to suggest that folks not try to marathon it as fast as they can. I'm going slow and steady, I want it to last.

I enjoy games more when I get extended play sessions. Heck if I can't get over an hour of straight playtime I usually won't bother turning a system on. And that's just the bare minimum. That said I also won't be rushing the game by any means. I'm only doing one playthrough so I'm going to do everything possible during that one playthrough and take my time with it. I want to play as many hours as possible but I DON'T want to be hitting the end so not rushing the actual play.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    But which Cecil for IV?

Which Cecil???

Harvey?

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Also, not to dredge up "that" topic again, but I couldn't help but take notice at the newest piece of countdown artwork posted today:

It's probably just an artist's interpretation and not in the game itself, but fuck.....that's a way better outift.

So many years of grief they could have saved if they went with that....

As great as the game looks, they deserve endless grief for that nonsense. The desert is hot. . .it's not THAT hot.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    2 would be Firion days.

1 WOL days, ???? days, or Ask Prishe days.

All I'm gonna say is it better be "Onion Knight days" and not anything about the remake.

Luneth days.

Fight me.

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    2 would be Firion days.

All I'm gonna say is it better be "Onion Knight days" and not anything about the remake.

Luneth days.

Fight me.

Luneth Days and Onion Knights?

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    2 would be Firion days.

Luneth days.

Fight me.

...I will accept this.

But for real the remake of 3 is garbage trash.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    But which Cecil for IV?

Which Cecil???

Kain.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Huh. So even with the cheapest shipping option SE store is still getting the ultimate edition to me by release day. Ups tracking is saying the 29th.

Glad I didn't pay the ridiculous cost for overnight

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Weekend before release. . .it's that same itch before FO4 last year. Hopefully there's no epic story trailer dropping today. Nope. That would be terrible. Just awful.

EDIT: Holy shit this Achievement Hunter MobHunt (at 44:00; everything before that is the Judgement Demo. . .in English) is amazing, both in the rage and the magic/combat options on display and the fact that they had to boost them to level 65 to actually kill the monsters. Also XB1 version if you wanted to see it in motion.

"They're screaming because they're having so much fun!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGEixqyC79Y&t

ED! on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Weekend before release. . .it's that same itch before FO4 last year. Hopefully there's no epic story trailer dropping today. Nope. That would be terrible. Just awful.

EDIT: Holy shit this Achievement Hunter MobHunt (at 44:00; everything before that is the Judgement Demo. . .in English) is amazing, both in the rage and the magic/combat options on display and the fact that they had to boost them to level 65 to actually kill the monsters. Also XB1 version if you wanted to see it in motion.

"They're screaming because they're having so much fun!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGEixqyC79Y&t

"Please sir, I just came to look!" dead

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    So I guess Coleman isn't the only advertising get for Square. I've seen
    Cup O' Noodles and American Express. . .
    The first I'm ok with, but how the fuck does the second one work. I'm laughing either way and the placement of the second exactly in the spot you'd expect it is fine.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LIw6Vnt2MI

The best part is when you're fighting bosses where this song plays, the area lights up like a rave concert.

They knew.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Regardless if XV is an outstanding game or just a good game, we've already gotten at least one 9/10 Final Fantasy game this year.

Thank you World of Final Fantasy for being unexpectedly fucking amazing.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    http://shmuplations.com/ff6/
    During the development, for the Tzen event in the World of Ruin, originally if the time ran out, Sabin would actually die! Then if you came back to Tzen with Edgar in your party, it would trigger a scene with Edgar wandering forlornly around Tzen in the middle of the night, searching through the rubble in vain for his brother… “I’m coming to save you!” But we decided that the World of Ruin already had more than enough dark stories, and changed it for the final version of the game. For Sabin fans, it’s a good thing we did!

During the development, there was another character named Angela, who acted like a stereotypical “big sister” to Cyan. She wielded a whip. She would half-jokingly flirt with Cyan, and he would always brush off and cringe at her attention, but later when he was alone he’d pause and flatter himself to think it was all true. It allowed us to show a shy, private side of his character. There were never any actual romantic connections between the two of them, though: he remains loyal to his departed wife’s memory.

Man.....these actually sound like really good ideas.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    WoFF question about the end:
    I'm climbing the Chainroad now. How much more is there to go before the end of the game? And how much is there to do in the Post-game? I gotta finish by Tuesday.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'm climbing the Chainroad now. How much more is there to go before the end of the game? And how much is there to do in the Post-game? I gotta finish by Tuesday.
    If you're climbing the chain towards the Bahamut palace you're close to the normal ending. After that, you still have a few hours more of work for the true ending(you must get the normal ending first). Then some post-game dungeon stuff after that, optionally.

You have plenty of time, provided you don't get obsessed about platting the game.

• Options
    2 would be Firion days.

Luneth days.

Fight me.

Stealing this, thanks. If I go to Word Jail for this, you're coming with me.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    If you're climbing the chain towards the Bahamut palace you're close to the normal ending. After that, you still have a few hours more of work for the true ending(you must get the normal ending first). Then some post-game dungeon stuff after that, optionally.

You have plenty of time, provided you don't get obsessed about platting the game.

Question:
    Is what you need to do for the true ending obvious?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

Question:
    Is what you need to do for the true ending obvious?
    Yes.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Those tech weapons look fun. Really interested to see how nuts they go with these weapons.

EDIT: Grabbed the digital version from Amazon. "24 and 24 hours to go. . ."

ED! on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ok...finally FF15 is downloading. I think this is the first time I've gone blind into a FF game. Even FF6 I digested every bit of info before diving in.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I would be so excited! If I had a PS4!

• Options
    Ok...finally FF15 is downloading. I think this is the first time I've gone blind into a FF game. Even FF6 I digested every bit of info before diving in.

Your avatar is great. Is that from FF14?

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, those were the Palace of the Dead job sprites.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    FF XV doesn't feel real to me yet. The wait has been most of my adult life, as something that will come later. It's possible there are people who have children who will play the game that weren't even born when it was first announced as Final Fantasy 13 - Versus.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I will be forced to throw jealous glances at this thread for the foreseeable future. But I'm hoping the PC version will have all the DLC and bug fixes included in the package.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Got the digital version pre-loaded and am all set, just as soon as that shit unlocks tomorrow night.

My body and pantry (copious amounts of Mt. Dew and Surge!, so I can party like it's 1997) are ready!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    FF XV doesn't feel real to me yet. The wait has been most of my adult life, as something that will come later. It's possible there are people who have children who will play the game that weren't even born when it was first announced as Final Fantasy 13 - Versus.

Seriously. I was an 18 year old kid who lucked into a chance to go to E3 in the summer before I even started college and saw it in the special theatre there.

Complete college... complete grad school.. have a house... finally going to get to play.

The weirdest thing is I've actually continuously been looking forward to the game this ENTIRE time.

That's completely insane.

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular

Seriously. I was an 18 year old kid who lucked into a chance to go to E3 in the summer before I even started college and saw it in the special theatre there.

Complete college... complete grad school.. have a house... finally going to get to play.

The weirdest thing is I've actually continuously been looking forward to the game this ENTIRE time.

That's completely insane.

This game was announced when my youngest was just born. She's going to middle school next year. I can't believe how long it's been.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I would take off but I just had off for Thanksgiving last week and then my birthday the week before... I'm just going to have to suffer on Tuesday. Assuming it even makes it to my house from Amazon at all. Then I have to suffer all over again the following week for Last Guardian...

Being an adult blows.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    This is like perfect timing for me. I'm in an airport right now about to head to San Diego for 3 weeks for work. Xbox is packed and preloaded, wife and kid are staying home.

The per diem I'm getting for this trip is weak, so thankfully I'm just gonna be chilling in my hotel playing final fantasy and eating cali burritos.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    mosssnack wrote: »
    This is like perfect timing for me. I'm in an airport right now about to head to San Diego for 3 weeks for work. Xbox is packed and preloaded, wife and kid are staying home.

The per diem I'm getting for this trip is weak, so thankfully I'm just gonna be chilling in my hotel playing final fantasy and eating cali burritos.

If you don't get a couple of cheap street tacos at midnight. . . what a waste.

Speaking of food. . .I guess they actually got a real fucking chef to do the in game food items? I thought some of the food was absurdly detailed; now we know why.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Thanksgiving just ate up the better part of a week for me AND helped me avoid spoilers. Can't wait to preload it tonight!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I have it in the process of pre-loading right now. Really enjoy the theme that came with it.

Sadly this is my long week at work (six day stretch) so not sure how much I'll get to play.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    So when does the review embargo lift?

Hmm, Google is telling me 10AM ET tomorrow

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    So when does the review embargo lift?

Hmm, Google is telling me 10AM ET tomorrow

It should be noted that only a few major sites got their review copies in time to do anything resembling a reasonable review. Take reviews that come out tomorrow with a grain of salt.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    At this point you've waited long enough. What's one day more?

https://youtu.be/W3ijYVyhnn0

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I mean it's bought regardless, it's sitting on my PS4 and my hopes are high

I just saw some YouTube review that gave it an 85/100

https://youtu.be/on8U8rRSStg

They show off some lovely looking footage too, what a gorgeous game

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    i won't get to join you guys until later Tuesday as I have to wait for the deluxe physical edition and the piggyback guide to both arrive Tuesday.

Some of you better Stream so I can watch until my copy arrives.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    That review is so vague and shoddily put together with b-roll footage from other sources that I have a hard time believing this wasn't just put out to grab the "Review" clicks for a new channel. I mean that recording change in the last bit of the video is cringe worthy. Not saying they clearly haven't gotten a copy of the game or at least played all of it, but really anyone could have written that review from the various gameplay impression threads all over GAF or Reddit.

This discussion has been closed.