As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy XV] Who needs armor when you've got Gladiolus' abs?

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Justice Monsters V has good music yo

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

The game itself is pretty fun too

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Aite, think I'm done with side quests for now. Only one that's been worth it is dead eye for chocobos (lv15). Gonna just mainline it for a bit, see how that feels.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm curious to see how fast people end up beating this.
    For someone who did some sidequesting but not completionist I heard 25 hours is a reasonable expectation

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    So the timeline from what I can gather (chapter 1 spoilers)
    The opening events of Kingsglaive happen first, up to and including the King agreeing to the ceasefire and the agreement to marry Luna. After this, Noctis leaves town to head to the wedding, up to and including Noctis spending the night waiting for the ferry. Then the rest of the Kingsglaive events happen; the attack on the city, Luna being brought to Insomnia, and the death of King Regis all takes place overnight when Noctis is spending the night in Galdin. Noctis heads back to the city after everything is done, and after Luna has already escaped.

Javen on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

Unfortunately never ending, I eventually quit out.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I've got 15 minutes left of this patch download

Come oooooooooooooooooooooon

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2016
    Every time I read this thread title all I can think is, "who needs money when you got feathers?"

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »

Unfortunately never ending, I eventually quit out.

Yeah the minigames are fun distractions but I think that's all they're meant to be. There seem to be enough of them where stopping as soon as the novelty wears off is the best bet.

• Options
    The being said, I'm super glad they're in there, though. The sheer amount of interactable stuff in the world is pretty impressive.

• Options
    Also in regards to combat, at first I didn't like the idea of just holding down an attack button, felt it was too much auto-pilot. But there's a lot to be done with warping, dodging and swapping weapons on the fly, in addition to the fact that moving the left analog matters a lot to decide what your attack is going to be

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I'm curious to see how fast people end up beating this.
    For someone who did some sidequesting but not completionist I heard 25 hours is a reasonable expectation

That's really not that different than FFX and FFXIII. Both those were beatable in 25 to 35 hours if you did minimum sidequests.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2016
    I will do all of the side quests and I hope they take eleventy hundred hours.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I have seen some spoilers in regards to the ending.

Context is everything, but I think it sounds fine.

Within spoilers: source material
    Given that this game is based both on Shakespeare and Les Meserable, I'm not terribly surprised at the direction they go.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Oh boy, delayed till this evening turned into "tomorrow maybe". Thanks UPS.

And apparently the patch is 8 gigs? So there goes my day off. Woooo...

This frickin week.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fuck it, I Redboxed this

• Options
    Oh come on
    what the fuck's the point of playing a game on a disc if it's still gonna tell me that about 60 gigs is somehow not enough system storage

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Because you're not playing the game from the disc

Blurays are slow as shit, so basically all games install from the disc now

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh come on
    what the fuck's the point of playing a game on a disc if it's still gonna tell me that about 60 gigs is somehow not enough system storage

Games always install to the hard drive now

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I'll install you to the hard drive

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hot

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I don't care about the install, this download is taking way too long. I have a damn 100 megabit connection, this should only take a few minutes!

• Options
    Oh come on

yeah between having to install games and deal with storage space, patch them, as well as OS patches for the console itself, it's much more difficult to make the case that consoles are so much more convenient and easy to use than PCs, and they'll always be lower performance.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Echoing earlier sentiments, I'm scowling at all of you playing this whilst I sit here correcting incredibly dumb scripting mistakes my students keep bringing up to me. Twenty. More. Minutes. Of. This.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Poor Prompto

Left out of the DLC weapon party

Couldn't put Altair or something in as a DLC weapon I guess?

Maddoc on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Yeah gave glad and Ignis the weapons they could use. Three times higher attack in all noctis spots would be a bit much

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I don't think I got any DLC weapons other than Masamune?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    prompto hummed the finfan victory tune after a fight like a big goober and it was great

• Options
    I went for a long car ride and everyone except Ignis fell asleep and it was wonderful

• Options
    Apparently I wasted my money because I'M NEVER GOING TO GET TO PLAY THIS GAME!

• Options
    Fucking FINALLY.

• Options
    This game is immediately anime bullshit and I love it

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Noctis is very serious about fishing apparently!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    These character designs
    My supposed hero has pants that don't even go all the way down his legs

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    There better be a PC version at some point

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    These character designs
    My supposed hero has pants that don't even go all the way down his legs

not my hero

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    So far I'm enjoying it, the camera is almost immediately awful but it's not a game breaker

But I'm preeeetty disappointed with the "Lucian cruisin' collection" for the car music

I would pay actual money for a DLC Spotify plugin or something

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hearing stand by me in a finfan game white a bunch of cafe boys push a car threw me for a dang loop

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    the fact that Noct stashed his fishing pole with the rest of his magical illusory weapons will never not be funny to me

• Options
    edited November 2016
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    hearing stand by me in a finfan game white a bunch of cafe boys push a car threw me for a dang loop

If that was only indicative of the driving music I'd have been THRILLED

It would have at least had some character

EDIT: And yes I'm harping on this because I think the radio stations in open world games are incredibly important. Like this isn't GTA or anything, but it's still an open world game where you get from Point A to Point B by driving a car with a dang radio, there are standards.

Maddoc on