Options

a Horizon: Zero Dawn thread - now with cold!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    what the fuck is death stranding

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    what the fuck is death stranding

Another Hero shooter.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Why is Dead Rising 4 starring a Frank West that neither looks nor sounds like Frank West

Jim Sterling summarized it pretty well, weird "shrimp on a teadmill" bit aside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiQ9kdPLXJw

basically Capcom continues to be the worst

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    You don't have a life meter because you are a ghost

You just have the will to cotinue to exist

Radical

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    FuzzytadpoleFuzzytadpole Registered User regular
    Man I wish I could care about Shovel Knight again, but as soon as I finished it I felt like I was done.

I tried the Plague Knight stuff and just could not care anymore.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I think they really need to decide if they're going to ditch the old art style for Walking Dead cause this half-step just doesn't look good.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I didn't necessarily think I cared about another Mass Effect

but this looks really good

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    That Mass Effect game sure looked like a new Mass Effect game.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    "Captured in Game Engine. Representative of Game Experience".

There's no way this is coming out next spring.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Watching Mass Effect Andromeda made me realize how much I've been wanting another Mass Effect

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Combat seemed off in the ME trailer.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wait so was there a death stranding trailer? It sounds like there was but i'm not seeing anything on youtube

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    wait so was there a death stranding trailer? It sounds like there was but i'm not seeing anything on youtube

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Nolan North throwing the voice actor strike under the bus was weird

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna lie, I don't actually find the Death Stranding trailer particularly confusing

Like yeah it's surreal but it seems like an incredibly safe bet to presume that this is following up on much of the work for Silent Hill, so the surrealism of the world doesn't seem any more waoooh out there than any of the horror imagery in previous Silent Hills

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Kojima saw this commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqkNPcUMffU

and said, yeah, I can make a game out of that

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I'm feeling fairly certain that Death Stranding is just Kojima going ahead and finishing Silent Hills

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm not gonna lie, I don't actually find the Death Stranding trailer particularly confusing

Like yeah it's surreal but it seems like an incredibly safe bet to presume that this is following up on much of the work for Silent Hill, so the surrealism of the world doesn't seem any more waoooh out there than any of the horror imagery in previous Silent Hills

yeah it's not confusing, just weird

somethin' about super babies with creepy powers in a warzone

• Options

every trailer leans heavier and heavier into the "loss of child/surrogate child/etc" themes too, like there was so much umbilical cord imagery in this one that it's just SCREAMING the base theme

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    2016: The Year Mads Mikkelsen Had Stuff On His Eyes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

every trailer leans heavier and heavier into the "loss of child/surrogate child/etc" themes too, like there was so much umbilical cord imagery in this one that it's just SCREAMING the base theme

which was also a big thing in PT so yeah i imagine you're right that he's taking a lot of ideas from silent hills

• Options
    The craziest thing about Death Stranding is that Kojima continues to insist that it's an open-world action game with multiplayer

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Kojima says a lot of things.

• Options
    That Shovel Knight thing looks so different that I think Yacht Club may do themselves a huge disservice if they don't sell it standalone

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HVVaiTKyiQ

Seriously look at this business

All sorts of new levels, and environments, and enemy types of all things???

Backstory, and drama, and the combat looks real fine

And Shield Knight is in that flashback!!!

but can I play as a girl

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The craziest thing about Death Stranding is that Kojima continues to insist that it's an open-world action game with multiplayer

no the craziest thing is that people keep spending money on these promotional trailers that presumably won't actually be used in the game, when they start making it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HVVaiTKyiQ

Seriously look at this business

All sorts of new levels, and environments, and enemy types of all things???

Backstory, and drama, and the combat looks real fine

And Shield Knight is in that flashback!!!

but can I play as a girl

It's coming!... eventually.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

no the craziest thing is that people keep spending money on these promotional trailers that presumably won't actually be used in the game, when they start making it

Well it's a step up from spending money on promotional trailers for fake companies that can only be seen within the game

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

which was also a big thing in PT so yeah i imagine you're right that he's taking a lot of ideas from silent hills

I definitely think this was an extension of that work but there's also these skeleton men and tanks fill to bursting with dead sea life and Spitfires trailing that inky shit through the sky and whatever the hell Del Toro's badge said

Now Kojima's constantly on that anti-war shit but I can't imagine any of that was in the original Silent Hills pitch

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Oh you wanna know what Del Toro's badge said, huh

UNITED CITIES OF AMERICA

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Boy

That is

A very bad price for a touched up version of a game that can be bought on that very sales platform for like 2.50 somewhat regularly

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    gotta pay off their battleborn debts

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    But you can play as Duke Nukem

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    More Shovel Knight is just super depressing to me

They put out that poll a while back that made me think they were full of all sorts of cool ideas for the future and nope

Just more Shovel Knight

It's the kind of risk aversion you usually only see in a big publisher

• Options
    More Shovel Knight is just super depressing to me

They put out that poll a while back that made me think they were full of all sorts of cool ideas for the future and nope

Just more Shovel Knight

It's the kind of risk aversion you usually only see in a big publisher

The thing is, I think this is still part of what they committed to a while ago

Those new ideas would still be coming, it just takes a long time when your team is what, 10 people?

This other expansion may actually date back to the Kickstarter

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Well they are still doing dlc stuff that was earned through stretch goals on their original kickstarter

And they are putting in way more effort than anyone expecting so it's taking a while

And who's to say they aren't also working on something else at the same time

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    has it seriously been a year already since the first death stranding trailer

jesus

maybe that's why 2016 was so shit

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hey, I had to miss this (for reasons mentioned earlier)

Is it worth watching now that I know all the newsy bits?