As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Ghost Recon Wildlands] : Way Too Many Buttstocks

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I'm still super early in the game but I've been using the G36C you get from the Ubisoft rewards whatever and it's been doing just fine. Haven't come across anything that takes more than one bullet, but again, I'm still early in the game, I think I've done like 6 missions.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    If you find the ACR or the 556xi, those are straight upgrades compared to the G36C.

I remember the ACR as a little better than the 556xi. (Most stats are similar but ACR has a higher RoF iirc)

I always use the underslung Grenade Launcher, it simply makes enemy choppers trivial to deal with.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I want
    Sirialis wrote: »
    If you find the ACR or the 556xi, those are straight upgrades compared to the G36C.

I remember the ACR as a little better than the 556xi. (Most stats are similar but ACR has a higher RoF iirc)

I always use the underslung Grenade Launcher Mk. 46, it simply makes enemy choppers trivial to deal with.

DMR and LMG is my jam - I never go full auto with assault rifles anyway.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I loved the LMG's during the beta... I just cant go without silencers anymore, so that means AR over LMG for me. (especially when you get the skill that negates silencers lowering damage output.)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    So what's the deal with in-world weapon pickups? I've been tooling around on a second character save when my co-op partner isn't around, and none of the weapon-containing cases that I've gotten on my other save are anywhere to be found. The sniper rifle after the first Itacua mission isn't there, and the shorty shotgun and LMG aren't in Itacua either.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Finally picked up the full version as it came with my 1080 Ti. This thing runs so much better then it did in beta! Maybe that was just that I was using sli before, but crap she is a pretty game with everything cranked!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Love this game, despite its (minor) flaws. Convoy missions got a lot more manageable once I figured out you can just blow up the target vehicle and still get credit for tagging it.

This may be a dumb question but I know nothing about guns. Can you equip a silencer on LMGs? I like having one for when shit hits the fan, but it's not super useful for missions I'm trying to keep quiet. I love having a sniper rifle on me, but I run into the opposite problem I have with the LMG. When things don't go as planned, it's not much use to me.

I guess I should go find an AR that has long range capabilities and forego the sniper in my loadout, but all I have now is the rifle you start out with. Which AR should I be looking for if I want something with a ton of range? I'm not worried about rate of fire or recoil, but I do need it to be accurate, and ideally high on stopping power and bullet velocity.

Also, are there enough skill points available to max out everything? I'm assuming not, but how thrifty do I need to be when spending them? There's a lot of skills I want, but so far I've been holding off on spending skill points until I get a sense of how many I can eventually get.

Bubs on
    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    There are some LMGs you can equip suppressors on, the Stoner for instance I know you can.

Also if you blow up a convoy you get half as much supplies from it, definitely better to EMP it and try not to damage it, but its always better to get half than none, if you're having problems with the convoys just blow them all to hell :D

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Bubs wrote: »
    Also, are there enough skill points available to max out everything? I'm assuming not, but how thrifty do I need to be when spending them? There's a lot of skills I want, but so far I've been holding off on spending skill points until I get a sense of how many I can eventually get.
    There is a trophy for maxing out the skill tree, so I say yes. Also note that, if you've discovered intel that displayes the skill points, some of them are 1 point, some are 3 and there is usually also one that gives 5 skill points.

You also get skill points for killing the buchons in the story mission...

Under addsult rifles, you can get the G36C from the Ubisoft club; just go ingame to claim it, then you can try it out and see if it feels differently.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    You finish with extra skill points, even unlocking every skill. I have like 15 extra even after completing everything.

Double checked. I have 22 skill points left over after getting everything.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Man this game shines in coop, some seriously tier 1 moments going on with neutralizing all the baddies.

I hope this let's ubi know they literally need to do this again with a bit more variety in side missions. That's my only complaint at the moment just vary up the stuff a bit more.

The first expansion doesn't interest me, looks like a racing themed one. But I'm cautiously optomistic for the second one looks like some lone survivor stuff going on.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    This game is actually quite hard when you play it only with one mate...

Because you'll notice in some story missions that there is stuff where you have to get into a camp stealthily by truck, then get out again unnoticed; trouble is, there are 3 enemies within sightlines of each other, but far enough away from each other not to get killed by one explosion. As a result, you shoot two, the third one turns yellow and it's mission failed.

We've tried diversion lures, we've tried noisemakers, but they just don't give a shit.

Apparently when the host dies it's mission failure too (I managed to jump off a building to get outside the gates, waited 60 seconds to respawn (outside of the gates), and when my mate jumped down he died (I was ready to revive him) and: mission failed :bigfrown:

"Stay undetected" with 2 people is not easy...

• Options
    That mission is super buggy. I snuck in and out solo, but used the noisemakers to distract people. Didn't kill a single person, just snuck through carefully. That was on the 8th attempt.

Multiple attempts would fail with me being "detected" the second I got into the truck, or being detected while driving into the compound in the truck. Fuck that goddamn mission.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Destructoid gave Wildlands a 2.5 out of 10 score.

https://www.destructoid.com/review-ghost-recon-wildlands-425478.phtml

While I dont agree on the score, I do agree on some of his points, like the Mortar Strike feeling pitiful, motorcycles handling awfully on minor pebbles on the roads etc. (Also when you use Mortar Strike, the game spawns a mortar someplace that fires, I've found them hovering in the air a few times)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    The important thing is to avoid clicking any links that direct to their website.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I've gotten at least 20+ hours of fun out of it (for the moment), both solo and co-op, and the landscape is way more varied than Far Cry 4, so any score below 6 feels wrong to me. Furthermore, on the PS4, the game looks gorgeous and runs very well...

And it tickles my "gotta catch-em-all" quite well with all the weapons and skill points and documents :biggrin:

So yeah, I like it quite a bit!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Start game, use drone twice, drone ability now doesnt work.

Restart game, use drone three times, drone ability now doesnt work.

Restart game, use drone once, drone ability now doesnt work.

Okay, fuck the drone, I'll just summon a chopper and be on my way - "Summons chopper into a telephone pole"

QRsIemNl.jpg

The game is fun enough, but all the bugs and glitches are annoying as fuck.

I did get to level 30 yesterday and got most of the upgrades for my preferred guns, ACR and MSR.

Edit: Fourth time my drone ability suddenly doesnt feel like working in the span of 30 minutes and several restarts, happens mostly after hitting a Convoy.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Gunships seems to be bloody rare, I have found 1 of them so far, heavily defended as well.

yV5BGeXl.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Gunships seems to be bloody rare, I have found 1 of them so far, heavily defended as well.

yV5BGeXl.jpg

definitely rare, and always surrounded by SAM sites so that when you do get to steal one, you have to be very careful on how you leave the base or you get shot down almost immediately.

253J736.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Leaving no survivors and a great deal of smoking wreackage is the trick, as I understand it.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I think theres always an attack helicopter in the big base in Media Luna.

So theres a story mission that takes you in there. When you come back after completing it, the base is completely empty. So of course we go check on the base. @Antoshka gets out of our helicopter immediately runs to the attack helicopter. Literally half a second after getting into the helicopter he fires missiles into a wall and blows everything up. He blew up in less time than it took him to get out of the other helicopter. It was mighty impressive. All you hear is just "Oh. What" in his kiwi accent.

Apparently his go-to button when in new and exciting vehicles is to left or right click. Whichever one fires missiles.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I dont even know what was supposed to happen here, EMP'ed a chopper and it suddenly catapulted away after being grounded? Bonus points to the mooks for trying to shoot me while being 100 feet up in the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSP9HNlmZFQ
    CorriganX wrote: »

Thats the one.

If only you could keep upgrading the summon vehicle skill and get a Gunship at the end.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

So theres a story mission that takes you in there. When you come back after completing it, the base is completely empty. So of course we go check on the base. @Antoshka gets out of our helicopter immediately runs to the attack helicopter. Literally half a second after getting into the helicopter he fires missiles into a wall and blows everything up. He blew up in less time than it took him to get out of the other helicopter. It was mighty impressive. All you hear is just "Oh. What" in his kiwi accent.

Apparently his go-to button when in new and exciting vehicles is to left or right click. Whichever one fires missiles.

There is another entertaining story that comes out as a direct result of this one, as well. Because later on, @CorriganX was insisting on piloting, because I was related to a bird that should remain flightless. While still bad-mouthing my flight skills, he attempt to take off, caught the tail in the wreckage of the previous helicopter he'd crashed, and flipped our new chopper over vertically into the ground, where it promptly exploded, killing us all.

I believe this entire incident was being streamed live, as well. Though possibly everyone had stopped watching by that point, because we'd been stuck in a canyon for about an eternity by then.

Helicopters be dangerous, yo.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Choppers I don't have any problem flying, but planes? Good grief I can't fly one in this game for shit. Landing is even worse.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'm starting to think that Ubisoft is just fucking with me.

mHoKzqLl.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    korodullin wrote: »
    Choppers I don't have any problem flying, but planes? Good grief I can't fly one in this game for shit. Landing is even worse.

Landing a plane feels kind of like a boat dropping anchor.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    FUCK Media Luna
    fuck that province so fucking much.

The damn thing is littered with so much AAA that it makes the former Iron Curtain look like tinfoil. It also doesn't help that I only get a unidad chopper at level 3 vehicle drop instead of a choice between air and ground transport.
    Not to mention the damn area is a giant fucking canyon mess, so good luck trying to get anywhere outside of the switchback roads.

Only thing I can say is thank god I got the HTI sniper so that I can just kill UAV and AAA sites with a sabot sniper round instead of walking up to them with C4 and demo them.

oh yea, and Pac's vehicle drops are shit here. just throw the chopper in a river even though there is a wide open space right fucking here...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I just found a silencer for a shotgun....
    For a SHOTGUN :eek:

Now I can be vewy vewy quiet :razz:

Corporal Carl on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    I just found a silencer for a shotgun....
    For a SHOTGUN :eek:

Now I can be vewy vewy quiet :razz:

9711053cff05acb6c9b53036de278f4a.png

:?:

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »

Dunno, seems fine to me.

?.png

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to get the hang of this, my aim is pretty good and I'm doing better about not alerting the goons in a given are to my presence until at least half of them are dead. I'm trying not to use sync shot because it really feels like cheating.

So if anybody wants to link up on PS4 just holler at me.

Is there a good way to mount an attack from a helicopter? Any time I'm in a chopper with forward facing machine guns it's almost impossible for me to hit anything because I can't get the thing to pitch forward long enough to shoot accurately. And my AI squad mates aren't very good at shooting from the air. Do I need to just suck it up and steal a gunship, or is there some kind of trick to it?

Stealth is fun and all, but I'd love to be able to soften up a base's defenses from the helicopter before I try to run up in there.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Okay I've been living with the p90 and you guys were right

It's just great for cqb - by far my favorite smg

I like the 556xi quite a bit and just got the AK last night

Going to track down the Tavor, M4A1, and Mk17 tonight

• Options
    If you like the 556xi, you should try the ACR.

Same'ish stats but the ACR is just better iirc, faster RoF.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    If you like the 556xi, you should try the ACR.

Same'ish stats but the ACR is just better iirc, faster RoF.

Gotcha -- I will go take a look for that as well.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    7BD05D2558D50F153B5687CA5037CB1171A42177

theres this big open road right here like damn let me pick the spot it spawns as if i was telling my AI mopes where to go.

so friggin bad ubi

• Options
    The patch that arrived today on PS4 added the option in the sound settings of turning radios in vehicles and the world default OFF :biggrin:

BEST PATCH EVER!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Oh, and I also noticed when summoning a vehicle that I summoned a pickup truck instead of the APV, so I think if you've unlocked the helicopter, you can still choose the cars, which is nice :smile:

Corporal Carl on
  • Options
    Oh, and I also noticed when summoning a vehicle that I summoned a pickup truck instead of the APV, so I think if you've unlocked the helicopter, you can still choose the cars, which is nice :smile:

Wait, what.

Now we just need to get a Gunship instead of that dull Helicopter you can summon.

• Options
    Ha! Learned something new: fly with your drone to a spot and look at a group of enemies, and you can call the mortar using the drone's view, which allows long distance mortaring :biggrin:

Also, I must be playing this game wrong, because I am pretty close to getting all documents/legends, and drone upgrades, but I have only defeated two buchons...

That's what happens when you only do the story missions with your real-life friend, and do the collectible/weapons/accessories solo :razz:

Also thread suggestion title : [Ghost Recon Wildlands] : Way Too Many Buttstocks...

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    What's everyone playing on? I was considering Xbone or PC version but want to go where I'm most likely to find some folks for co-op.