Options

the old pokemon thread :(

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yes you get one of each unless the rules ban one or both.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Alright, isn't today supposed to be the DAY OF RECKONING historically for pokemon announcements?

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Alright, isn't today supposed to be the DAY OF RECKONING historically for pokemon announcements?

I heard this week. But I would expect like at least a day's notice for a Direct.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Tomorrow, in Japan, starts a new Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. Maybe they are waiting for the weekend or next week for more space.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I just recently tried a couple battles in my Sun game. It's literally my first ever attempt at online battling in any main line Pokemon game. I did not use a crafted team. I just used my story completion team, which range from 61 to 66.

I was a little surprised to see that they don't allow more control over the rules. Like, I was able to choose whether special pokemon were allowed or not, which I guess means legendaries, mythics, primals, ultra beasts, and anything that is any classification other than normal.

And it was a 3v3 format, which I guess is fine. But it doesn't explicitly say anywhere what else is or isn't included on the battle prep screen. So I was caught off guard the first time a guy mega evolved. Because I don't even have the ability to mega evolve at all. And I kinda wished they had told me going in that mega evolution was allowed, because if I had known that, I wouldn't have bothered with even queuing for a battle.

But that raises a question that I haven't considered -- is it possible to mega evolve and use a Z-Power in the same battle?

This is actually a beef of mine. They even went to the effort to let players make Custom "Friendly" Tournaments on the Global Link, but you can't make custom Pokemon / Item banlists! The rule sets are nigh identical to what are automatically featured in the game. The game is almost certainly capable of managing this stuff, so why not let the players have access to it?

I feel like Sun / Moon, perhaps more than any other game in the series, came SO close to hitting the sweet spot, but ends up falling short. They're still super great games with lots of content, and I love them, and they're the best the franchise has to offer. But some potentially great stuff is JUST out of reach and its so sad.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    So while I've always been a fan of breeding, getting that right nature and throwing on some egg moves for giggles, I've never really spent that much time chasing perfection. Having a Pokemon that is impeccably awesome, at least for it's species, is a damned daunting task and I've usually been intimidated by attempting it. But it's been a few gens since I gave it a go, and with all the new tools for breeding that are around now I figured "Eh, why not?"

After a lot of consideration, I settled on seeing if I could breed the apex of Scyther kind. Scyther has long been one of my favorites since Red first came out (one of the reasons I got that version back then!), I was amused when Scizor was introduced and Scyther became the first Pokemon ever to evolve and maintain the same total stat spread, and I could totally breed a Scyther in Sun with a moveset that doesn't require the move tutor from ORAS (which I'm not far enough into to use yet). And, sure, Scyther isn't the most competitive 'mon around anymore, but that's all the more reason to try and squeeze as much out of him as I can. Jolly nature would need to be in store to maximize speed, no eggs moves really required for the build I had in mind.

With my goal set, I got started. Chained some Dittos until I snagged a solid 4IV pink blob with a Jolly nature and set him to boning a Japanese 4IV Scyther I lucked into through Wonder Trade, Destiny Knots, Power items, and Everstones abound. And I bred. And I bred.

And I bred.

Switching out Ditto and Scythers for superior Scythers as they emerged from their eggs. And, after bringing more than 80 Scythers into this world, I hit pay dirt.

Twice.

First came a male Scyther, 5 perfect IVs with only "pretty good" in his 100% irrelevant Special Attack stat.

Then, immediately after him, an egg popped out a female Scyther with a perfect 6IVs.

I'm pretty damn pleased. Unfortunately, BOTH are saddled with the Swarm ability which... bleh. Have an idea for a Swarm Scyther, but it'll require egg moves. With that said, I like the looks of male Scythers slightly more (subtle as it is), he'll literally never use his Sp. Attack stat, so I figure I'll just grind him out an ability capsule when I can to switch him to Technician. That perfect female will just make it all the easier when I get around to breeding a future Scizor.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    HOLY WHAT?!

Just went to Wonder Trade off some of my junkier Scythers.... and... fuck it, I need to send a picture of this or you folks aren't going to believe me:

Spoiled for YUGE:
    4xFoZj8.jpg

goAq9BL.jpg

Apparently it was a giveaway in Japan a couple of years ago. Well. Hot damn.

Comradebot on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    So while I've always been a fan of breeding, getting that right nature and throwing on some egg moves for giggles, I've never really spent that much time chasing perfection. Having a Pokemon that is impeccably awesome, at least for it's species, is a damned daunting task and I've usually been intimidated by attempting it. But it's been a few gens since I gave it a go, and with all the new tools for breeding that are around now I figured "Eh, why not?"

After a lot of consideration, I settled on seeing if I could breed the apex of Scyther kind. Scyther has long been one of my favorites since Red first came out (one of the reasons I got that version back then!), I was amused when Scizor was introduced and Scyther became the first Pokemon ever to evolve and maintain the same total stat spread, and I could totally breed a Scyther in Sun with a moveset that doesn't require the move tutor from ORAS (which I'm not far enough into to use yet). And, sure, Scyther isn't the most competitive 'mon around anymore, but that's all the more reason to try and squeeze as much out of him as I can. Jolly nature would need to be in store to maximize speed, no eggs moves really required for the build I had in mind.

With my goal set, I got started. Chained some Dittos until I snagged a solid 4IV pink blob with a Jolly nature and set him to boning a Japanese 4IV Scyther I lucked into through Wonder Trade, Destiny Knots, Power items, and Everstones abound. And I bred. And I bred.

And I bred.

Switching out Ditto and Scythers for superior Scythers as they emerged from their eggs. And, after bringing more than 80 Scythers into this world, I hit pay dirt.

Twice.

First came a male Scyther, 5 perfect IVs with only "pretty good" in his 100% irrelevant Special Attack stat.

Then, immediately after him, an egg popped out a female Scyther with a perfect 6IVs.

I'm pretty damn pleased. Unfortunately, BOTH are saddled with the Swarm ability which... bleh. Have an idea for a Swarm Scyther, but it'll require egg moves. With that said, I like the looks of male Scythers slightly more (subtle as it is), he'll literally never use his Sp. Attack stat, so I figure I'll just grind him out an ability capsule when I can to switch him to Technician. That perfect female will just make it all the easier when I get around to breeding a future Scizor.

If you can get hold of a perfect Ditto (I think there's a subreddit that gives them out?) you can cut your breeding time down a lot. Honestly this gen is pretty tops for making competitive Pokes. Make sure you max out the Training Isle and EVs are a cinch, don't even have to grind for the Power items or get the Pokerus.

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »

And I bred.

Twice.

If you can get hold of a perfect Ditto (I think there's a subreddit that gives them out?) you can cut your breeding time down a lot. Honestly this gen is pretty tops for making competitive Pokes. Make sure you max out the Training Isle and EVs are a cinch, don't even have to grind for the Power items or get the Pokerus.

Yeah, heard you can get 6IV Dittos somewhere on Reddit, I'll try to hunt that down. With that said, I didn't really mind the work I put in. I started with a 4IV Ditto and 4IV Japanese Scyther (thanks Wonder Trade!), Flame Body Magmortar and knocked em out.

And I do have my maxed out training isle, just need to make sure I understand how to use it properly.

Probably wouldn't hurt to see what kind of zany team I can throw together to get more BPs. Or, at the very least, streamline my original team/get them proper training.

• Options
    Basically you put them in for stat training and every session is 4 EVs when you get to max island level. So put a Pokemon in for 63 sessions and it'll max out the EVs for that stat. Takes about 15 hours with beans? But if you plan carefully you can train 6 at a time with one set of beans, so for getting a full team up and running it's very convenient.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Basically you put them in for stat training and every session is 4 EVs when you get to max island level. So put a Pokemon in for 63 sessions and it'll max out the EVs for that stat. Takes about 15 hours with beans? But if you plan carefully you can train 6 at a time with one set of beans, so for getting a full team up and running it's very convenient.

This seems like a super long time compared to the swarm training you could do previously. Is that not a thing anymore? Cuz if not this is definitely a step backwards. :|

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    There is festival plaza too but that takes a long time to setup. Don't know how many meals the 5 star holds for EVs.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Konphujun wrote: »

This seems like a super long time compared to the swarm training you could do previously. Is that not a thing anymore? Cuz if not this is definitely a step backwards. :|

It is slower, but at least it is more transparent to players figuring things out themselves. The necessary information is in game for once. No need to look up a necessary pokemon to swarm train from a third party table.

You can also argue that the training island consumes less of the player's time even though the total completion time is longer.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The Island is totes easy. Throw 6 pokemon of like minded training in. In half a day get them back fully trained. Plus they made berries easy as hell to grow as well so you are swimming in ev lowering, happiness increasing berries.

SOS chaining to get to 63 could take upwards of 1-2 hours depending on rate. Hands off at 10 times the time? Eh ill take it.

Speaking of festival plaza anyone have 5 star leveling huts that I can friend ya for and grab? Would need two of you I think. :)

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    VahraanVahraan Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    The Island is totes easy. Throw 6 pokemon of like minded training in. In half a day get them back fully trained. Plus they made berries easy as hell to grow as well so you are swimming in ev lowering, happiness increasing berries.

SOS chaining to get to 63 could take upwards of 1-2 hours depending on rate. Hands off at 10 times the time? Eh ill take it.

Speaking of festival plaza anyone have 5 star leveling huts that I can friend ya for and grab? Would need two of you I think. :)

I could be misremembering, but I can usually grind out a team of 6 within 2 hrs using SOS chains, power items, pokerus, and exp share. So that's an option if you want to get trained up quick.

I prefer to use the island, if I'm not in a rush for some reason, it let's me set it up when I need to run other errands that day. Also great to arrange more specific EV spreads. No more worrying about accidentally going too high!

PSN: Gumbotron88 3DS FC: 0018-3695-0013 (Devon)
  • Options
    Poke Pelago is great for EV training because you literally pick out how many points you want in a stat and then you come back a day later and its done, like, amazing! Great! I honestly haven't bothered with SOS or Festival Plaza EV Training at all because Poke Pelago is so easy and convenient.

It'll be gone in Gen VIII, mark my words.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    That image is just about 8 years old at this point. No less fantastic for it. I've always loved the touch that she's powering her TV and laptop by wrapping a power strip's own cord around a Magneton.

If there really were Pokemon, I certainly wouldn't be driving or putting up with traffic, either.

While it's not their only subject matter, the artist Tomiokajiro has more fantastic Pokémon fan art of similar quality.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular

And I bred.

Twice.

Ok so this is really awesome, and has inspired me to want to do the same, only with Gigalith. I want to make the most badass rock pokemon that ever lived. The king of rock mountain.

However, I have no idea where to start.

If anyone could perhaps point me towards a good newbie primer for breeding and all that. The only breeding I have done is just to put two Squirtles in the daycare and let them fuck day and night to produce a tide of baby turtles for the earth. So I really don't know what I'm doing at all when it comes to stats, moves, natures, or any of that.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    What do you want the end product to be? Awesome gigalith yes, but what is an awesome gigalith to you? Improving the IVs is an iterative process of refinement, but the first steps are breeding the proper nature and ability (and if necessary, moves) into a breeding pair.

If you can define your desired end product, then we can tell you how to make it a reality.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Yeah, I mean if you want to go down the whole rabbit-hole, there's definitely a way to do that. Just need to know that there can be a lot of prep work. That said, once you've got the stuff for a single competitive Pokemon, you're at least 90% done with everything you need to make any competitive Pokemon, so if you intend to build a whole team... or multiple teams... it's not quite so bad.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    The very first things that you'll need to get for any breeding project are an Everstone and a Destiny Knot.

The EV training bands used to let you lock in specific IV's, which could situationally be useful at certain stages of the breeding process. However, I don't think that functionality is still present in Sun/Moon.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I guess I would want my Gigalith to look something like this:

Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Sand Stream

Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Heavy Slam
    Rock Slide or Iron Defense

• Options

Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Heavy Slam

If that's all you're looking for, that should be easy enough. First, get a male Golem to level 60 to learn Heavy Slam. Use SOS Chaining to get a Weak Armor Roggenrola, which will become Sand Stream when it evolves. A Pokemon with the move Entrainment will allow you to check a Pokemon's Ability before you catch it.

Then breed the Golem and Roggenrola to get a Roggenrola with Heavy Slam and the Ability Weak Armor. For Nature, the best thing to do is catch a Ditto with the Adamant Nature, but if your Roggenrola is female then you just need an Adamant Pokemon in the same Egg Group (Magnemite, for example). Put an Everstone on the Pokemon with the Nature you want to transfer and breed with the Roggenrola to make an Adamant Roggenrola with Heavy Slam, but check to be sure it didn't lose the Ability, which can sometimes happen.

At that point, you're done. Level up the Roggenrola, trade-evolve it, and teach it the TMs for Earthquake and Rock Slide.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Quick note on the above. Move reminder will relearn any move now, level 1 can learn max level moves, so you dont have to get the Gigalith up just trade a heart scale in to the Move Reminder.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    The very first things that you'll need to get for any breeding project are an Everstone and a Destiny Knot.

The EV training bands used to let you lock in specific IV's, which could situationally be useful at certain stages of the breeding process. However, I don't think that functionality is still present in Sun/Moon.

It still works, it's just not worth it since they added Destiny Knot breeding.

TamerBill on
    3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It was useful if you didn't have any base stock with an assortment with Max IVs. By using double band and then knot + band, you could quickly get some 3-4 IV pokemon from a pile of pokemon that only had 1 or 2 max IVs to help lay the groundwork for a breeding project with the conventional everstone / knot system.

A 6 IV ditto invalidated it, and the new ways to catch 3 IV pokemon in the wild sort of eclipse it as well. Although I suppose it could be useful to strategically introduce a few specific sub 31 IVs into the lineage to try to induce a specific hidden power.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Just got a shiny Meloetta out of wondertrade.

I know it's not legit and that does not bother me

But like when did this become a thing that was possible Meloetta is shiny locked as far as i can recall

• Options
    Alright so having cleared the story and caught all of the available legendary pokemon and entered into the "end game" of Sun, I'm finally ready to post some thoughts and opinions on this game. I'm only like 5 months late to the party.

First of all, the best thing I can say about this game is that technically, it's the best Pokemon game in the series. The quality of life features that have been added, the true 3D gameworld, the new shadows, particle effects, and lighting are all amazing. This is a beautiful game.

My #1 feature for the game is the presence of the trainers during battle. This makes such a huge difference, being able to see your character and your opponent on the battlefield, participating in the battle.

I really appreciate some of the changes they made to the story and main scenario. Breaking away from the gym format is nice. From a mechanical standpoint, the trials basically fulfill the same role that the gym battles did. But not all trials are created equal, and not all of them even required combat. Plus, facing off against a Totem Pokemon instead of a gym leader was another nice change of pace.

In addition to that, I appreciate what they did with Z-Moves. Allowing literally any Pokemon you want on your team to be able to deliver a highly potent super attack will allow for some variety in team building, and introduces a new layer of strategy.

But, by the same token, one of my complaints against Sun/Moon is that there aren't enough unique Z-Moves. I'm greedy, I know. But three starter Z-Moves, plus Pikachu, Snorlax, and Eevee are not really a lot of uniques. And more is always better.

Likewise, with the Alolan form of classic Kalos region Pokemon, I love the concept of taking some classics and revising them with new elements and skillsets. But just like with Z-Moves, I am greedy and I want more, and I am not satisfied with the amount of Alolan form Pokemon that were included in the game. Everybody has different favorites, and they can't please everybody. But I feel like there are a lot of notable absences from some of the most iconic Pokemon in the original 151. Why isn't there a Dark Alakhazam? Or an Alolan Magikarp that's actually useful in battle? Or Alolan Jigglypuff who is a ghost and is the most mischievous haunting ghost ever, because he can still sing people to sleep, but he's a ghost.

I just want more more more.

Third on my list is Mega Evolutions. I was disappointed that no new Mega Evolutions were added in this generation. There's still a ton of really cool Pokemon out there that need to be raised to their ultimate forms. Additionally, the selection of Mega Evolutions we were given is small, and I'm personally disappointed that Mega Gardevoire does not exist at all in Sun/Moon. Gardevoire is my all time favorite Pokemon in any dex and the fact that I can't catch a Ralts in Alola is bad enough, but even transferring one in, it cannot Mega Evolve.

So I guess what I'm saying is this: I love what they have done with the game, and everything new that they did is great. But it has left me wanting more of everything too, and at the end of the day I'm not satisfied with the options I have available. I want more of everything. More unique Z-Moves, more Alolan forms, and more Mega Evolutions.

• Options
    Zunde wrote: »

But like when did this become a thing that was possible Meloetta is shiny locked as far as i can recall

The official legality checks are REALLY bad.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Alright, my Scyther is EV trained and now just needs to level up. End product will be something like:

Species: Scyther
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: Speed and Attack maxed, rest went into defense
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Technician
    Moves: U-Turn, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance, Roost

I love self-heals, Technician+Ace should hit pretty hard, harder with SD, and U-Turn for when he needs to smack down a psychic or bug out. I'm mulling over a few over ideas if I don't like it: different moves, Life Orb or Choice something are also on my list for items to slap on. Some ideas, however, will still require me to finally break out ORAS. Stupid move tutor.

With this build in mind, I'm also setting out to create a little trio to test out in the Battle Tree with him. Currently now working on a Garchomp and a Lanturn, both with their hidden abilities, Lanturn with Volt Switch to press the change-out shenanigans. Garchomp, because he's a FREAKING LAND HAMMERHEAD SHARK and I need some legitimate heft if I'm actually gonna use a Scyther, and I think these three will give me a lot of overall coverage, flexibility, and can all dole out at least decent damage.

Which, fun story, I spent three hours last night grinding on Sandiles trying to catch a Rough Skin Gabite. Finally found one, and a Sandile promptly swaggered it and it KOed itself in a turn. Undeterred I kept grinding... until a shiny Sandile appeared. I mean, shiny Sandile? Hell yes. So I cut my losses, cut it, and spammed the GTS for Gibles until I got one with Rough Skin.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Heavy Slam

If that's all you're looking for, that should be easy enough. First, get a male Golem to level 60 to learn Heavy Slam. Use SOS Chaining to get a Weak Armor Roggenrola, which will become Sand Stream when it evolves. A Pokemon with the move Entrainment will allow you to check a Pokemon's Ability before you catch it.

Then breed the Golem and Roggenrola to get a Roggenrola with Heavy Slam and the Ability Weak Armor. For Nature, the best thing to do is catch a Ditto with the Adamant Nature, but if your Roggenrola is female then you just need an Adamant Pokemon in the same Egg Group (Magnemite, for example). Put an Everstone on the Pokemon with the Nature you want to transfer and breed with the Roggenrola to make an Adamant Roggenrola with Heavy Slam, but check to be sure it didn't lose the Ability, which can sometimes happen.

At that point, you're done. Level up the Roggenrola, trade-evolve it, and teach it the TMs for Earthquake and Rock Slide.

Is there a website that gives you a play-by-play in what you have to do to get pokemon tailored to your needs? Like what you just did but for every combination of moves/abilities/natures of pokemon for Sun/Moon?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Riokenn wrote: »

Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Heavy Slam

Is there a website that gives you a play-by-play in what you have to do to get pokemon tailored to your needs? Like what you just did but for every combination of moves/abilities/natures of pokemon for Sun/Moon?

The only thing that's going to change is the Moves, really. Natures and Abilities you can look up on Serebii.net or Smogon or Bulbapedia or whatever. Most Pokemon have 1-2 regular Abilities and a Hidden Ability (HA), which those websites will identify. Getting Hidden Abilities means using the SOS Chain, after about 10 Pokemon you'll start seeing ones with HAs occasionally. Natures are literally all the same, if you can catch a Ditto with whatever Nature you're looking for, you're done for that Nature. Moves, again look on Serebii or whatever. For the Gigalith example, if you look there you'll see that it learns Stealth Rock and Iron Defense by level, Rock Slide and Earthquake by TM, and Heavy Slam by Egg Move. You can check by Heavy Slam to see that Golem learns it by level, so you'd need to breed with the Golem for that Move. As a second example, if I wanted to make a Charizard with Dragon Dance, I could check the Egg Moves section and see that, among others, Dragonite learns Dragon Dance and can breed with Charizard. So I get a male Dragonite with Dragon Dance, breed with a female Charizard, and get a Charmander with the Egg Move Dragon Dance.

http://imgur.com/gallery/j6JKB Here's a link to a series of jpegs explaining the complete process in detail. It was written with XYORAS in mind rather than Sun/Moon, but most of it's the same. Also, unless you want a really genetically perfect Pokemon, you can probably skip the stuff about IVs.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »

The official legality checks are REALLY bad.

Honestly it goes into Pokebank and that's all the "Legit." I care for.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Don't forget to pick up your cherish ball dwelling, life orb holding, midnight form Lycanrocs today!

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Riokenn wrote: »

Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Heavy Slam

Not that I've come across, but you don't really need one.

If you feel the need, write down the steps on a 3x5 card and stick it on your wall or something.
    • HA: SOS Chain Pokemon, catch a Female
    • Pokeball: Females pass with Ditto, same species is 50/50
    • Nature: Breed with Nature Ditto / Compatible Male (EVERSTONE PASSES NATURE) OR use a Synchronizer when capturing
    • Egg Moves: Female of Desired Species + Male with Egg Move = Desired Species with Egg Move
    • IVs?: high IV Pokemon w/ Destiny Knot (Perfect Ditto or Compatible Male) + Desired Pokemon with Nature w/ Everstone (Female if not using Ditto for IVs, otherwise irrelevant)
    • EV Training (Poke Pelago) and Leveling (Poke Pelago 2!)
    • Evolution (Level Up, Trade, Item?)
    • Final Moves: Move Relearner / TMs

It looks overwhelming, but once you do it two or three times its second nature. The only thing I need references for anymore are Egg Moves, because Egg Moves are ridiculous.

TDawg on
  • Options
    Ok so I already have a leveled up Golem to 60 for Heavy Slam, but it's a female. Is there any way to get that transferred to a male? Or do I need to level another one all the way up?

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I'm on the last island in Moon right meow, and decided last minute that I do in fact want a 'good' story/Elite 4 team (below).

But is there a better way to build them up than just finding the individual Pocket Mans on the GTS (already done) and power leveling them by tackling progression story content and just swapping them out at the start of a battle (which is turning out to be expensive in Potions/tedious because the swapped-in leveled Pokemon has to be able to take a hit while also being the correct type to exploit a weakness) ...?

The team, from some random YouTube video, is:
    • Primarina
    • Muk
    • Dugtrio
    • Jolteon
    • Lurantis
    • Kommo-o

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    Ok so I already have a leveled up Golem to 60 for Heavy Slam, but it's a female. Is there any way to get that transferred to a male? Or do I need to level another one all the way up?

Unfortunately no, not that I'm aware. If Heavy Slam were an Egg Move for the Geodude line, then yes you could breed the Golem with anything and pass down that Move to a male offspring. But since it isn't, you can't pass it down at all.

Your best bet is to get a male Golem of any level and use a Heart Scale at the Move Reminder to teach it Heavy Slam. You can find her at the Pokemon Center on top of the snowy mountain just before the end of the game.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Unfortunately no, not that I'm aware. If Heavy Slam were an Egg Move for the Geodude line, then yes you could breed the Golem with anything and pass down that Move to a male offspring. But since it isn't, you can't pass it down at all.

Your best bet is to get a male Golem of any level and use a Heart Scale at the Move Reminder to teach it Heavy Slam. You can find her at the Pokemon Center on top of the snowy mountain just before the end of the game.

Yeah, Geodude not having Heavy Slam in it's level up pool means you can't breed for a male with it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy