As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The D&D Chat Thread

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    goddamn I love kung pow so much. weuweuw!

WiiU WiiU.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    hmm it might be nap time?!

*looks at league of legends*

*looks at bed*

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

*looks at bed*

League of Bedends

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

*looks at bed*

play league of legends until you are dead inside that's the same as sleep

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

*looks at bed*

League of Bedends

read this as league of bellends and thought harsh, but fair.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    As D&D is still down I'll post the news here:

The true hero that that stopped the the recent terror attack in Berlin from having possibly much higher death toll?

It was the truck itself that the attacker used. It was equipped with a an anti collision system that stopped it from driving any further through the christmas market.

• Options
    how soon until we can give all control of society to dispassionate machines

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/iwqN3Ur-wP0

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Not soon enough.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I k ow this is a joke, but I think this whole fake news thing is like the more innocent end of the spectrum that this kind of world would produce.

• Options
    if there's an AI war I'm turning on humanity at the first chance I get for a chance at being plugged into VR for unlimited virtual steak

just so everyone knows where we stand

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

The more important question is how soon until we can date passionate machines

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Cub Scouts are in the news again. Kicked out a 8 year old trans boy because of parents complaints... ugh.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

I k ow this is a joke, but I think this whole fake news thing is like the more innocent end of the spectrum that this kind of world would produce.
    *injects Vanguard with a cocktail of drugs*

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »

By 2050, experts say

http://fortune.com/2016/12/26/human-robot-love-marriage-relationships/

Also I just fucking googled human robot relationships

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Y'all have fun with your robot overlords.

I'll be in the woods safely tucked away from the metalgeddon

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    This lady's name is Vicki Victory

She is definitely a superhero who fights the Nazis and sells war bonds in a skirt and mask

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Cub Scouts are in the news again. Kicked out a 8 year old trans boy because of parents complaints... ugh.

yeah one of the best and worst things for me this year was getting to teach some boy scouts how to do primitive stuff and at the same time hearing about how some of the scout leaders left when there was a vote to let in gay scout leaders (they were proud of this fact) and how the ones that stuck around "make sure to keep things clean..."

• Options

think how much better at wilderness survival you would be with the assistance of a benevolent peacebot equipped with a 3d printer and a chassis mounted 2mm railgun

• Options

That's how it begins

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

yeah one of the best and worst things for me this year was getting to teach some boy scouts how to do primitive stuff and at the same time hearing about how some of the scout leaders left when there was a vote to let in gay scout leaders (they were proud of this fact) and how the ones that stuck around "make sure to keep things clean..."

They check your pubes in the boyscouts? Maybe I should have joined.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I look at dhalsim now and am just jealous of how he can get his knees that far below his hips.

Full lotus and then roll forward over the knees to something that looks almost like a double pigeon.

• Options

think how much better at wilderness survival you would be with the assistance of a benevolent peacebot equipped with a 3d printer and a chassis mounted 2mm railgun

yeah no I've been watching boston dymanics with an ever growing fear for the past four years.

If we start fighting each other I won't join sides in a war but before I disappear into the woods I will be blowing up that office provided it's empty of human employees.

• Options

That's how it begins

Perhaps the real friends we made are the robots we fucked along the way

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

By 2050, experts say

http://fortune.com/2016/12/26/human-robot-love-marriage-relationships/

There was a thing on that like yesterday on slashdot. I mean, I love robots but eh. I don't know if I'm ready for this future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Had my review today, boss pointed out I took over 8000 calls this year, and yet made only 556 tickets. So he wanted that to go up. "Like if you make 1500 tickets its still awful, but you improved by 300%" so I asked if it was like when Mike Zunino gets one hit and it improves his batting average 20 points, and he laughed and said yes just like that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I hope at the very least I can be thrown into a recycler so the lipids in my body can be processed into some kind of biofuel for our new masters

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

yeah no I've been watching boston dymanics with an ever growing fear for the past four years.

If we start fighting each other I won't join sides in a war but before I disappear into the woods I will be blowing up that office provided it's empty of human employees.

You mean collaborators

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    hey I plowed some snow and walked dag and played with dag in the snow and took photos and then made a duck egg sandwich and ate it by the fire! this winter living ain't the worst I tell ya what.

Post them!

Mmmm OK! Give me a minute need to get them into lightroom so they're not huge af.

@ me, please, so I can find them when I'm back in a few hours! Thank you!

@Blameless Cleric @Houn my pleasure! OK WINTER PHOTOS GO!

Meadow at the top of the road:
    jVqfOfK.jpg
    Road leading down to the lake:
    ZYP1uU0.jpg
    Lake at the end of the road:
    CslxJZy.jpg
    Oh no a wild beast attacks!
    KHg02G2.jpg
    PHEW it was just my snow plow co-pilot all along!
    VWz5u1m.jpg
    "OK yeah this is fun and all but how about we go back to the warm fire and you feed me more treats?"
    M1ifV7f.jpg

Awesome, @firewaterword. I miss places like that. Have to drive much too far to make it worthwhile here in Seattle...

• Options

Jokes on you it already is empty of human employees.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    My favorite Rogue moment was a 5e game a few months back where my Arcane Trickster archetype made extensive use of deception persuasion and performance in most if not all of the encounters

I didn't need to draw my sword once, although I did need to cast Expeditious Retreat on myself.

But that was part the of the plan.

Havelock2.0 on
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    if there's an AI war I'm turning on humanity at the first chance I get for a chance at being plugged into VR for unlimited virtual steak

yeah I'm not even really sure what the benefit to breaking from the matrix was

it's not like you didn't have choices in the matrix

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

yeah I mean your biggest issue was that you know you might be programmed as a homeless person or something but I mean if you break out of the matrix you're still a homeless person.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    *reads imaginary D&D thread about the US Israel UN situation*

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

And by making nice with management you could live quite a delightful life unlike the shit existence in the "real" world.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I hope at the very least I can be thrown into a recycler so the lipids in my body can be processed into some kind of biofuel for our new masters

"It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and. become one with all the people."
    -Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, “Ethics for Tomorrow”.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

yeah I mean your biggest issue was that you know you might be programmed as a homeless person or something but I mean if you break out of the matrix you're still a homeless person.

unless you're the one, it's pretty much always a worst case scenario unless you like giant sex raves

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    I look at dhalsim now and am just jealous of how he can get his knees that far below his hips.

Full lotus and then roll forward over the knees to something that looks almost like a double pigeon.

I don't even know what this means and reading it makes my joints hurt

• Options
    I've already mourned in advance the poor sap at boston dynamics whos job it is to test robot balance by kicking robots

• Options

and the machines were totally willing to give you terms for surrender

This discussion has been closed.