As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Yellow Inspired Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Confirmed, Gen 8 Late 2019

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Let's see what we got for Let's Go so far

inspired by Yellow with Eevee and Pikachu
    Can't evolve those starters
    Kanto reigon with only the OG 151 (plus one brand new poke), includes Alolan forms
    No wild Pokemon battles, catching is like Pokemon Go
    Trainer battles are normal it seems
    Some sort of online battles/trading
    Can transfer between Let's Go and Go
    No HMs, some sort of Poke Ride in the game, seems to be any pokemon big enough size wise
    no breeding
    Has two player single console co-op
    releases November 16, 2018

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    They haven't officially said we can't evolve Pikachu and Eevee. There would have to be some way to obtain Raichu, Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon, even if it's just that they are now in the wild or there's other Pikachus and Eevees to find. We're basically just assuming we can't since:

A) it's Yellow remakes.

B) Nintendo said they accompany you all the time.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    BtW formes are considered new pokemon so it could be the new mimikyu eveelution variants

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Since Pokemon in Pikachu/Eevee have both CP and Levels, I wonder if you'll be able to use them in Go, increase their CP in it, and it in turn will increase their Level. The trainer battle segments they showed displays Level and not CP, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle it with Wild Pokemon not being fights anymore.

Also there'd have to be a different Exp source in-game too.

Pokemon in Go have levels, they are just not displayed in the UI. CP is computed from stats which increase with the level. Each power up in go is half a level.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Grobian wrote: »
    Since Pokemon in Pikachu/Eevee have both CP and Levels, I wonder if you'll be able to use them in Go, increase their CP in it, and it in turn will increase their Level. The trainer battle segments they showed displays Level and not CP, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle it with Wild Pokemon not being fights anymore.

Also there'd have to be a different Exp source in-game too.

Pokemon in Go have levels, they are just not displayed in the UI. CP is computed from stats which increase with the level. Each power up in go is half a level.

Oh it did? I didn't play much of Go to know that it was some hidden IV/EV sort of computation going on in the background.

Edit: aha, GameInformer clarified the online bit.

So no co-op online, but still trading and battles.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    They haven't officially said we can't evolve Pikachu and Eevee. There would have to be some way to obtain Raichu, Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon, even if it's just that they are now in the wild or there's other Pikachus and Eevees to find. We're basically just assuming we can't since:

A) it's Yellow remakes.

B) Nintendo said they accompany you all the time.

This gamespot article says you can't evolve your starter poke, and though I can't find it now, recall a tweet from someone at the conference saying the same thing
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-eevee-everything-we-kn/1100-6459253/

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    You probably can't import to Let's Go from Bank

But I bet you'll be able to transfer from Let's Go to Pokemon '19 through Bank

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Few more details have emerged:
    Serebii wrote:
    Edit @ 04:44: The controls for catching Pokémon in handheld mode will have you moving the console using the gyro with no touch control
    Edit @ 10:51: When asking about EV training Pokémon, IGN reveals that the team wanted to simplify things with how you level up, raise & train your Pokémon, stating more details will come at a later date

• Options
    Other than the question of if/how you will grind/level up your Pokes, I think I am excited for Let's Go. Is smart for them to change the game somewhat if they are going to do a return to Kanto rather than just doing a normal remake, Pokemon Go is still huge so good pull from those people still playing that, and two player co-op seems interesting.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Serebii wrote:
    Edit @ 04:44: The controls for catching Pokémon in handheld mode will have you moving the console using the gyro with no touch control
    Edit @ 10:51: When asking about EV training Pokémon, IGN reveals that the team wanted to simplify things with how you level up, raise & train your Pokémon, stating more details will come at a later date

haha fuuuuuck that

glad I always play docked

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Serebii wrote:

haha fuuuuuck that

glad I always play docked

Sounds like either way you gotta use gyro though. The docked catch mechanics involve throwing motions with the joycon.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Well that's a bit different, I don't think Nintendo's ever referred to the Joycons' movement as gyro? Gyro to me always meant moving the entire console or the Pro Controller.

It's the same problem Odyssey had in portable mode, having to swing your 300 dollar console to the side to toss Cappy.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Well motion controls whatever, it's the exact same concept you're swinging your arm around instead of pressing a button.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    If I can't use the sticks on the pro controller I will not be buying this. I have no problem with motion controls but moving the entire console is stupid and joycons are physically uncomfortable for me to hold

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    At the very end of the trailer they don't show the Pokemon being gifted and they say "You'll meet a special Pokemon" so I'm wondering if that's a new gen 8er, possibly an Eeveelution.

it's probably mew or something

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Oh, if they include all the Alolan Forms it'll solve a bit of the Dragon, Ghost, Dark, Steel, and Fairy shortage that Gen 1 would otherwise have:

-No Gen 1 Pokemom became Dark types as of GSC, but it'd add Rattata, Meowth, and Grimer as Dark types.
    -Only Magnemite became Steel, and this would add Diglett and Sandshrew.
    -Jigglypuff and Clefairy are Fairies, and they'd also gain Vulpix.
    -Dragon and Ghost only gain one each with Exeggutor and Marowak, but it's better than just the Dratini and Gastly lines.

Of them all, I think only Marowak would be 100% assured though, since you fight the actual ghost Marowak in Lavender Tower.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I'm calling it now, the new Pokemon is Gorochu

I really dont think so. It would need two versions because of Alolan raichu and breaking the 3 evo rule in a spinoff would be nuts

Alolan Raichu doesn't evolve, problem solved.

• Options
    Oh, if they include all the Alolan Forms it'll solve a bit of the Dragon, Ghost, Dark, Steel, and Fairy shortage that Gen 1 would otherwise have:

-No Gen 1 Pokemom became Dark types as of GSC, but it'd add Rattata, Meowth, and Grimer as Dark types.
    -Only Magnemite became Steel, and this would add Diglett and Sandshrew.
    -Jigglypuff and Clefairy are Fairies, and they'd also gain Vulpix.
    -Dragon and Ghost only gain one each with Exeggutor and Marowak, but it's better than just the Dratini and Gastly lines.

Of them all, I think only Marowak would be 100% assured though, since you fight the actual ghost Marowak in Lavender Tower.

Honestly just having useful Dragon and Ghost moves helps immensely. I'm fine with those two types being super rare, it was just disappointing how useless they were in Gen 1

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I really dont think so. It would need two versions because of Alolan raichu and breaking the 3 evo rule in a spinoff would be nuts

Wouldn't it just be another evolution of Pikachu? Give it a moon stone instead of a thunder stone, boom, Gorochu.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Wouldn't it just be another evolution of Pikachu? Give it a moon stone instead of a thunder stone, boom, Gorochu.

That doesn't sound like how Gorochu was originally intended but it is how I assume they'd do it now, yeah.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Wait is Gorochu actually a thing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    No the internet all just decided to unanimously create a new pikachu evolution with a defined set of features one day

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it was supposedly a scrapped gen 1 evolution of raichu

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Pikachu was based on a squirrel. My entire life has been a lie.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    No the internet all just decided to unanimously create a new pikachu evolution with a defined set of features one day

I've literally never heard of this before this conversation so this doesn't seem necessary

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

like four arms, ponytail, dragon-type, shokan sense of honor

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Wait is Gorochu actually a thing

A planned but scrapped third evolution for the Pikachu line called Gorochu (with a basic description) is indeed a real thing that was recently revealed by a developer.

The pictures that have circulated are all artists renderings based on the description though and there's no evidence to suggest they're ever going to actually make it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PLA wrote: »

Thats nonsense

• Options

Thats nonsense

Eh, it's an unprecedented situation, I dunno that we can declare definitively what does or doesn't make sense.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Thats nonsense

Eh, it's an unprecedented situation, I dunno that we can declare definitively what does or doesn't make sense.

I have a certificate of pokemon mastery from an npc. I think Im more than qualified

• Options

Rise, and overthrow the Yellow Tyrant!

• Options
    Can't believe they have a separate door just for the Eevees. Some fucked up shit going on in that building.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Wait why wouldn't they just let you use the actual Go controls in handheld mode, that's real silly to me

You do need some amount of precision there, how can you do that when you have to jostle around the screen you're looking at to throw

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

Thats nonsense

I have a certificate of pokemon mastery from an npc. I think Im more than qualified

Who doesn't?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    A thing I just realised is that the connectivity with GO means Nintendo reverse engineered one of the best Second Screen Experiences to date

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm actually pretty excited about these games though

Seems like a nice light and breezy thing to mess with, a good sort of appetizer for a full Switch Pokemon game

Plus I am really really into how it looks

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    How does the Pokéball work as a controller. It has a joystick and one button. If it's technically replacing the right joycon, how can it go home? How can it pause?

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Tairu wrote: »
    How does the Pokéball work as a controller. It has a joystick and one button. If it's technically replacing the right joycon, how can it go home? How can it pause?

Innovative juggling-based control scheme.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    A few thoughts, now that I've watched the trailer a couple dozen times:

1) Eevee having a regular-ass English cry is messing me up a little. Wonder if it will carry over from here on out?

2) The idea that the BW2/ORAS/USM team will be (possibly) handling the main games from now on is very exciting to me. Bring back Dex Nav!

3) Fuck, the pokeball plus is going to be either impossible to find for a non-scalper blood fee, or choking the store shelves with no middle ground and no way of telling until November.

• Options
    Midnite wrote: »
    A few thoughts, now that I've watched the trailer a couple dozen times:

1) Eevee having a regular-ass English cry is messing me up a little. Wonder if it will carry over from here on out?

Good lord I hope not.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.