As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Nice mix of stuff this week.

I have nearly 100 eligible songs and I feel comfortable breaking out me old pro drum rig for 2 of the spotlights this weekend.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    The "She" song in the spotlight is really fun on bass.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    our crew is in Diamond this week, we ain't giving no fucks anymore

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I think we have a chance to get promoted on Xbox this week. I'll put up some drum scores on the spotlight songs today just so we have something there.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    The "She" song in the spotlight is really fun on bass.

It's one of the best bass songs I've played in a long while. Great groove and just hard enough to make it interesting, instead of "I'd rather shove a nail up my urethra" like Roundabout.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I like the funkier songs that Rock Band has to offer, and "She" is definitely a great addition.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Turns out I've got a lot of songs that work with this week's challenge... though I can't seem to stop dropping combos on Hold On, so I wasn't able to post anything meaningful on that.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    hey folks, I have a question about streaming on the xbox. Does anyone have any experience with this?

My problem is that I can't get the input from the mic to play over the stream, so people cannot hear the singer. Any ideas?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Hear the vocals or hear the singer?

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    Licensing announcement:
    Hey everyone,

After a good gap, it's that time again. The demo and full game for Rock Band Blitz will be coming down on or before August 28th. Released in 2012 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3, it's not backwards compatible on either Xbox One or PlayStation®4(nor will it be in the future), but all 25 songs on the soundtrack can be brought over to Rock Band 4 at no additional charge. The steps for that process can be found here.

Speaking of the songs, all 25 songs featured on Rock Band Blitz were released as standard DLC after the game came out. Those versions of the songs will remain up until further notice.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Five years. Checks out.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So... will the achievements still be earnable for those of us who have it?

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Hmmmm...in game achievements or trophies? IIRC you can still get trophies from delisted games.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So... will the achievements still be earnable for those of us who have it?

Yep, it still works like normal even after delisting. Servers for it will also stay up.

• Options

I have no idea who either of these bands are

• Options
    Blondfire and The Shelters, duh.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Blondfire is good. Not the song I would've picked but they're a good band.

Never heard of The Shelters

• Options
    Thanks to some quality rocking out with some friends over from the UK, our crew of two actually managed to get up to Diamond. I don't think Bloodstone's feasible, I don't even think I'd want to try - but then I thought the same about Diamond already.

For all the annoyances and legitimate criticism of Rock Band 4 and Rivals, on the whole this is still the one franchise I've enjoyed for years and years without growing tired of it. (Part of me wants to buy 1-2 backup guitars and possibly some backup drums in case ours ever break.)

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Thirith wrote: »
    Thanks to some quality rocking out with some friends over from the UK, our crew of two actually managed to get up to Diamond. I don't think Bloodstone's feasible, I don't even think I'd want to try - but then I thought the same about Diamond already.

For all the annoyances and legitimate criticism of Rock Band 4 and Rivals, on the whole this is still the one franchise I've enjoyed for years and years without growing tired of it. (Part of me wants to buy 1-2 backup guitars and possibly some backup drums in case ours ever break.)

Xbox may be different but Bloodstone is totally possible on PS4

PAPS4 almost made it to Bloodstone and would have in a walk if even half of us were actively playing every week

• Options
    edited August 2017
    That's unexpected but good to hear. I'm thinking that we might wait until the next season with any such ambitions, since we're hoping to form a new crew with two friends of ours, and then we'd be four people working towards the same goal.

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
  • Options
    That's unexpected but good to hear. I'm thinking that we might wait until the next season with any such ambitions, since we're hoping to form a new crew with two friends of ours, and then we'd be four people working towards the same goal.

If you can reliably cover all parts on the spotlight songs and I don't mean like 100% them on expert but just put up decent scores and then get 8-10k crew xp from each member?

Yeah you'll probably make Bloodstone by the end of the next session pretty easily.

• Options
    The spotlight songs aren't a problem. My wife sings and plays the bass, I play the guitar and the drums (not concurrently). In any case, that does sound reasonably doable. Let's see what the week's songs and topic ends up being.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
  • Options
    The spotlight songs aren't a problem. My wife sings and plays the bass, I play the guitar and the drums (not concurrently). In any case, that does sound reasonably doable. Let's see what the week's songs and topic ends up being.

Oh yeah then the only thing you have to worry about is crew xp which can be an issue. I've put up 40k crew xp and it hasn't been enough a few weeks.

The upside being under the new weekly session thing the crews that are putting up 50k+ crew xp every week all end up in their own tier that the rest of us don't have to worry about.

• Options
    Today, Harmonix issued a press release featuring a number of announcements for upcoming DLC plans.

The biggest announcement comes in the form of the Season 2 Spotlight Pass, which will be available for $13.49 starting on August 24 on Xbox One, and Playstation 4. The Spotlight Pass will cover the eight weeks of content released during Rivals Season 2 between August 24, and October 17.

Each week, Spotlight Pass purchasers will get whichever new release is featured as that week’s Rivals Spotlight song, with eight songs in total.

In addition, more of August’s DLC songs were announced. They include:

Catfish And The Bottlemen – “Postpone”
    Garbage – “Stupid Girl”
    Sugar Ray – “Every Morning”
    Ted Nugent – “Stranglehold”

And, finally, more free songs are coming to Rock Band Rivals owners, including:

Arctic Horrors – “Black Seas”
    The Black Cheers – “(You’re) Breakin’ Up”
    Parks – “Sweater Weather”
    Spirit Kid – “To My Romeo”

• Options
    Stupid Girl and Stanglehold will be definite pick ups for me.

I prefer to forget that Sugar Ray was a thing that existed, outside of the 2 boxers with that nickname.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    The season pass is a good deal if you're going after all DLC anyway (like me)

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Man I used to love Garbage back in the day. Sure I'll bite.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Hear the Singer. Vocals on the track stream fine along with all the rest of the music, but the Singer singing cannot be heard.

spool32 on
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

Hear the Singer. Vocals on the track stream fine along with all the rest of the music, but the Singer singing cannot be heard.

Isn't there an audio setting in the options about whether or not you can hear the singer. I'm pretty sure it used to be in the games at least.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Not hearing the singer is a feature, not a bug. Since data is not transferred instantly over the Internet, the vocals would be a bit behind the rest of the music, which would sound distractingly horrible.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    I'm not talking about over the internet. I'm talking about locally.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Yeah, but @spool32 specifically said "over the stream" which is what I'm responding to. You're correct about local play; there is a setting in the vocalist's instrument options menu.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    yep I can independently adjust the singer vs the vocals for local play, but I want other people on the internet to also be able to hear us! I figured the stream lag ought to be roughly equal for the total output so singer being behind the vocal track shouldn't be an issue.

I think I'm going to have to get my Kinect replaced and that'll sort out the video portion but the audio streaming will be very weird if I can't get the USB mic to stream its output. Using the kinect's open room mic for streaming audio will be a horror show because not only will there be a lag on the vocals, there will also be an echo of the music as the mic picks up the speakers in the room while also streaming the game audio...

There's got to be way to do this.

• Options
    I don't know about streaming. If you can't stream all audio from the game, including the singer, then hooking the mic into the stream somehow is the solution. Maybe a USB splitter to the PC or stream device?

• Options
    I don't know about streaming. If you can't stream all audio from the game, including the singer, then hooking the mic into the stream somehow is the solution. Maybe a USB splitter to the PC or stream device?

Xbox will stream natively to Twitch through their Twitch app, but the Xbox native Twitch app doesn't seem to care about input from any USB mic. Maybe this setup is just too basic on Xbox, and I'm going to need a capture card plus my PC to make this work at all. That's a lot of money to invest for a lark, so if I can't sort this out I will probably just give up.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

Xbox will stream natively to Twitch through their Twitch app, but the Xbox native Twitch app doesn't seem to care about input from any USB mic. Maybe this setup is just too basic on Xbox, and I'm going to need a capture card plus my PC to make this work at all. That's a lot of money to invest for a lark, so if I can't sort this out I will probably just give up.

I know it's not as popular, but does it do the same for streaming to Mixer?

• Options
    Mixer blocks Rock Band entirely because it obeys the GameDVR settings

• Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    Adjusting the in-game singer/vocals slider should give you what you want for the songs, at least -- I don't know if it keeps the mic live during game menus to be able to interact with folks though. Sunday I may have a chance to get my Xbox hooked up and try it out. (Just moved, everything's all over the place.)

PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Adjusting the in-game singer/vocals slider should give you what you want for the songs, at least -- I don't know if it keeps the mic live during game menus to be able to interact with folks though. Sunday I may have a chance to get my Xbox hooked up and try it out. (Just moved, everything's all over the place.)

@JC of DI photobucket hates exiting and has killed 3rd part hosting, your sig is no longer your sig