i disagree

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Its not even called attention to as wierd like in Nier

Its just woops I dashed guess I have to look at android ass
    The undwear doesnt even look comfy gosh

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    VDCAyN2.png

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Is that crossover event gear for ff14

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    nope thats just regular glamour

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So Nier Automata underthings:
    If you try to directly sweep the camera low, the camera angle deliberately prevents this. If you stand on an incline and look, 2B notices after a minute and spins around, blocking your view. She seems annoyed. If you do that a number of times, you get a trophy called "What Are You Doing?"

I heard about the trophy first, did not discover this accidentally. It is interesting what they did there though. Dunno how I feel about it...

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    If you try to directly sweep the camera low, the camera angle deliberately prevents this. If you stand on an incline and look, 2B notices after a minute and spins around, blocking your view. She seems annoyed. If you do that a number of times, you get a trophy called "What Are You Doing?"

I heard about the trophy first, did not discover this accidentally. It is interesting what they did there though. Dunno how I feel about it...

you get a cheevo in lollipop chainsaw like that too

• Options
    if you are playing nier automata, i highly recommend reaching a secret boss fight. if you are not playing nier automata, i highly recommend looking up the secret boss fight

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if you are playing nier automata, i highly recommend reaching a secret boss fight. if you are not playing nier automata, i highly recommend looking up the secret boss fight

is it easy to reach or should i seek advice on uncovering it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

I want the game to delete your save if you try doing this

• Options

it sounds like you need to get every single weapon maxed out, and be of a significant level to stand a chance

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options

it sounds like you need to get every single weapon maxed out, and be of a significant level to stand a chance

Do you fight yoko taro

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    On pants:
    2B wears pants in this game.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Spoiler what I should be looking up here. Because there seem to be a couple and I don't know what one to watch.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Do you fight yoko taro
    in a sense

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Spoiler what I should be looking up here. Because there seem to be a couple and I don't know what one to watch.

I imagine he's talking about:

SUPER SECRET END-GAME BOSS FIGHT SPOILER
    A fight with Emil, which requires being on at least Scenario B and have gone through Emil's quest chain and found his hidden lair.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

A fight with Emil, which requires being on at least Scenario B and have gone through Emil's quest chain and found his hidden lair.

aww damnit

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

Furthermore,

REAL AS HECK SPOILERS FOR SECRET BOSS FIGHT STUFF
    I assume he means the "Ending Y" Emil heads fight (featuring Yoko Taro's trademark ultra tragedy), rather than the fight against "normal" Emil.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Automata
    I just heard the first 'go get em' message from the humans on he moon, and man they've probably been dead for centuries or something and the androids just don't know how to stop so everything you're doing means nothing

Javen on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Automata
    I just heard the first 'go get em' message from the humans on he moon, and man they've probably been dead for centuries or something and the androids just don't know how to stop so everything you're doing means nothing

early game automata, hour or two ahead of you
    i'm just an hour or two ahead and the next message seems to respond to actions that are in the story, so i suspect they're still around so it'll be more of a "you're doing this for the interests of others, find your own truth" sort of thing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Super minor spoilers for a cool weapon I found in Automata which someone has probably mentioned but I'm avoiding spoilers
    You can fish in the tiny sewer area. Mostly it's just garbage that you can sell for decent prices, but I found an Iron pipe that acts like a short sword. If you check the weapon story the first line is a kid telling their dad they can wear their hat.

It's the pipe from the Nier 1 prologue!

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

aww damnit

no, even further beyond

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    should be ordered KH < Metal Gear < BB/GG < Nier/Drakengard

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    KH is probably the simplest of those listed to understand.

Dark darkness, reincarnation and terrible naming conventions.

Nier is probably the most convoluted as it requires like.. god damn novels and plays and everything else.

GG has some shit going on too, thinking about it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KH is convoluted but mostly because of it being on every console known to man and weird naming conventions. Metal Gear is intricate but can be laid out in a timeline and revolves around a few key characters. BB/GG dives deep into punishingly intricate character backgrounds and lore and weird plot shit and visual novel text dumps. Nier/Drakengard requries stage plays and poems and spinoffs of specific endings turning into full games with spinoff endings tying into full games and offscreen a character fights an alien invasion

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Blazblue and guilty gear aren't hard to understand, they're just 90% anime foreshadowing of shit they are making up on the spot rather than a coherent plot that was planned out ahead of time.
    Kingdom hearts is nearly as bad about this. Metal gear and the drakengard/nier stuff feels like it has more thought put into it, even if Kojima and Taro are just better at bullshitting.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    So does Nier Automata keep the fantasy/medieval trappings of the first game or is it straight Sci Fi?

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    So does Nier Automata keep the fantasy/medieval trappings of the first game or is it straight Sci Fi?

People use swords and stuff, but also hovering bullet boxes that talk to you. Also all the characters are machines. So yeah, pretty much straight sci fi.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    KH's story isn't hard to understand at all.

It just has a reputation that it is because people will play only like 2 of the games and not pay attention and just parrot the "bluh bluh darkness darkness light light" jokes.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I've casually played or watched all the Kingdom Hearts games, and I still couldn't tell you the names of half the organization people or what they want, explain who each version of Xehanort is and which one is a clone, etc.

It's definitely not remotely straightforward as some fans like to think.

• Options
    They goofed big by just making organization 13 a group of randos who want their souls back, and were simply duped by xehanort by thinking he could make that happen for them.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Etiowsa wrote: »

People use swords and stuff, but also hovering bullet boxes that talk to you. Also all the characters are machines. So yeah, pretty much straight sci fi.

It's very much post-apocalyptic sci fi. As the intro lays out, it's 11000AD, aliens invaded, and you're part of an android army trying to reclaim the earth from the alien's machine army for the glory of mankind.

Everything is tech, even if there is a castle and a lotta swords to collect.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Just finished trails of cold steel 1
    the last bit of the game felt like the opening to a completely different gundam game, and then it just ends. The cohones on the devs to end that way. I am So glad I can just started the next one. Sheeeesh. Btw Rean x Alisa with Laura as best buddy.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    the last bit of the game felt like the opening to a completely different gundam game, and then it just ends. The cohones on the devs to end that way. I am So glad I can just started the next one. Sheeeesh. Btw Rean x Alisa with Laura as best buddy.

You misspelled Emma there, but it's ok. And yeah it was definitely A Choice, given the way the entire game was presented up to that point with a few minor exceptions. I will give it a pass though because A) it was fucking awesome, and B) as you say I can just start the second game right away.

Or I would if I wasn't already in chapter 3 of NG+. Gotta get that perfect import.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »

You misspelled Emma there, but it's ok. And yeah it was definitely A Choice, given the way the entire game was presented up to that point with a few minor exceptions. I will give it a pass though because A) it was fucking awesome, and B) as you say I can just start the second game right away.

Or I would if I wasn't already in chapter 3 of NG+. Gotta get that perfect import.

How on earth could you say Emma? She was such a nothing. Question though
    the Ymir trip that is alluded to, is that dlc? I'm not going to bother but can someone tell me the short version of what went down? Also do we have a release date for 3?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I picked up Super Robot Wars 5 at PAX

What am I getting myself into

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Wow, some of the recruitment timing in Tactics Ogre are tight. I did the first three steps to get a character correctly then miss the tiny unmarked opening to actually get them. Ah well, plenty of other white knights around I guess.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It's V the letter, not 5. The V this time is for Voyage.

You should expect a crazy mecha game crossover. The negatives of this one is a much smaller series roster than some more recent titles, being a little too Gundam heavy, having a smaller numer of Super Robots compared to Real Robots this time, and being on the pretty easy side.

The positives are a good story for SRW, being lots of fun, the inclusion of battleship units giving more variation, amd the TaCP currency system being wonderful allowing you to basically field whoever you want and upgrade whoever you want since it's a shared resource you can spend on whoever.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
This discussion has been closed.