As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: There Will Be No Overtime For This Thread.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Never let it be said there isn't an obvious officiating bias against the Packers.

Sometimes it's ridiculously obvious, though.

Against?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So, Packers are running out of playclock, refs run in and move the ball so the playclock can be reset.

Like what?

Commentator said the ball "was moved" and the refs came to fix it. Idk.

Note to all centers: Running out of playclock? Just move the ball and get a full reset

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »

Yes those Cowboys tears taste so good.

Detroit still sucks.

Won the same number of postseason games as Dallas.

Detroit still sucks.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Never let it be said there isn't an obvious officiating bias against the Packers.

Sometimes it's ridiculously obvious, though.

Against?

You think there's one for them?

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    So, Packers are running out of playclock, refs run in and move the ball so the playclock can be reset.

Like what?

Commentator said the ball "was moved" and the refs came to fix it. Idk.

Note to all centers: Running out of playclock? Just move the ball and get a full reset

OK

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Packers get insanely favorable calls. Literally the only fanbase that doesn't see it are the cheeseheads.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That was definitely not a safety. At best it was an incorrect spot, but McCarthy would've had to challenge the ruling on the field.

• Options
    Packers get insanely favorable calls. Literally the only fanbase that doesn't see it are the cheeseheads.

Bahahahaha.

No.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Bahahahaha.

No.

Like he said...

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    That was definitely not a safety. At best it was an incorrect spot, but McCarthy would've had to challenge the ruling on the field.

It looked like the guy recovered on the 1 and intentionally rolled into the end zone to get a touchback

Could he even challenge though? It was a turnover. I'm not sure how the rules work

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Packers D is El Poop.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Matthew Fucking Ryan.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Seriously Atlanta. Just throw to Jones every play.

Side note that was a very amusing Matt Ryan touchdown scramble.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Christ...defense

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

It looked like the guy recovered on the 1 and intentionally rolled into the end zone to get a touchback

Could he even challenge though? It was a turnover. I'm not sure how the rules work

Oh yeah -- it must've been reviewed. So they must've determined he didn't establish possession until the endzone.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Packers fans are going to watch an alt-football game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Is that a safety

That's what I was thinking but they'll probably say he didn't have possession as he rolled back into the end zone.

Seemed pretty obviously intentional to me

But they somehow get best possible scenario

That's what I thought he was doing, and it seemed to have worked out in his favor.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

McCarthy should've challenged it. I think there's a good chance they'd get the ball on the 1 or even get it ruled as a safety. Really surprised he didn't challenge it.

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure every fanbase genuinely believes they get screwed by calls all the time and every other team gets favorable treatment except theirs.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

But how? He had possession of the ball in the field of play and then entered the end zone untouched by an opposing player.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Why couldn't these Packers show up in week 17??

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Oh yeah -- it must've been reviewed. So they must've determined he didn't establish possession until the endzone.

Official call. Not sure why they didn't show replays or even mention it on air but seems reasonable

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Why couldn't these Packers show up in week 17??

They did.

• Options
    Well, the plus side is that it doesn't seem there will be any Packers' highlights so I can poop at halftime without missing anything.

• Options
    It's a bit early for the "Nah nah nah nah, hey hey heys. . ." Atlanta.

• Options

McCarthy should've challenged it. I think there's a good chance they'd get the ball on the 1 or even get it ruled as a safety. Really surprised he didn't challenge it.

McCarthy isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Options

Official call. Not sure why they didn't show replays or even mention it on air but seems reasonable

In the rush to show more commercials, replays are a luxury we can't afford.

I still don't buy it. I need to see it again.

• Options
    Apparently there is a rule preventing safeties due to momentum taking a player into the end zone.

Learn something new everyday.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The worst part about watching football is seeing the Papa John guy slither his way on to TV in horrible commercials.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    So wait.. the end zone functions as like, the sideline does for out of bounds? Does that make sense? Any other situation it doesn't matter how far back you are extended

Weird

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently there is a rule preventing safeties due to momentum taking a player into the end zone.

Learn something new everyday.

I think that applies to players chasing after the ball toward the end zone. Sure. But rolling in? Why wasn't he rolling when he was grabbing for the ball?

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    So wait.. the end zone functions as like, the sideline does for out of bounds? Does that make sense? Any other situation it doesn't matter how far back you are extended

Weird
    When the kicking team is downing a kickoff, if the guy touching the ball is in the end zone, it's a touchback, even if the ball is still in-play.

Seems like basically the same rule to me.

• Options
    I would've given the ball at the 1

Would be fair enough to both sides

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »

Not really

:sad:

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Is it?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Wow, late hit?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    No it doesnt its the ball if you look at the rule. There is a reason we laugh at Blandino every week. Trying to minimize issues is probably line one of his job on game days.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

Weird

Yeah. See downing punts.

Edit: Also, fielding kicks for touchbacks.

hippofant on
  • Options
    Veevee wrote: »

Not really

:sad:

I'm more a basketball fan but surely with 3.5 quarters to go anything can happen.

OK well our ball again. . .uh. . .

This discussion has been closed.