As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] slumber party

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    When my post count catches up to my agree count, which seems inevitable, I will have to take a vow of silence to maintain that positive K/D ratio.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    So It Goes wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I'm right around 50% agreeable.

I'll take that.

wait how do you know this

I divided my approximate number of agrees by my number of posts.

edit: Jesus fuck SIG. You are one agreeable woman.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    as an agreer,

as an agreeee

as the agreeest

excuse me u aren't chanus

technically correct!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

I'll take that.

but for some number of years we didn't have the agree system! you're probably more agreeable!

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    goddammit i malaproper'd

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Wait so apparently fml stands for 'fuck my life'

All this time I thought it was 'for my lose'

'For my lose' doesn't make any sense but I like it better

For my lose

wandering on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    It must be nice having friends that live in the same city

You live in Denver.

A place with a large PA contingent. And armies of nerd bros.

I can point you to all sorts of stuff around there.

I do not live in Denver. I live an hour, hour and a halfish away from Denver.

Where in CO do you live? Especially how you talk about rent I was thinking you would of been in Denver/Denver Metro.

North, more towards boulder/longmont kind of stuff. I hear Colorado Springs are is better about rent and cost of living but everything up here has been crazy.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    This is one of those days where I just want to tell everyone at work to fuck off.

I had a level 2 tech escalate a server issue to me that was literally caused by the virtualization equivalent of the network cable not being plugged in

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    goddammit i malaproper'd

I'm more of a malacostracan

(okay actually that's more shiv)

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Nooooo I lost my psych nerd bet

I probably owe Burnage a beer or something now

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Thanks to mostly posting after the agree system started and the not-so-occasional targeted posts in the politics thread, my agree:post ratio still doesn't matter!

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I want to buy tan/light brown oxfords to wear with grey/black/navy chinos and blue/grey shirts/sweaters.
    I think this is the correct color shoe (black is too formal; oxblood is too out there; normal brown doesn't really go) but I am not 100% sure.
    Opinions?
    ..also do I then have to get, like, colored socks?

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    In every VMware VM, there's a little checkbox to connect the network. If it's unchecked, the VM acts exactly like a computer without a network cable plugged in.

The box was unchecked.

• Options
    now i can only think of this forum as Debate & Discord

• Options
    now i can only think of this forum as Debate & Discord

the other discord channel I have is called Dungeons and Dishonored and all these words just blend together at this point

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I'll take that.

but for some number of years we didn't have the agree system! you're probably more agreeable!

I think I started posting just as the agree system started actually. I could be wrong though. That was long long ago, in the before time.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    edit: Angry rant. Forget it.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    It's interesting that Japanese has had a phonetic writing system for like a thousand years but hasn't phased out the logographic system and probably never will?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Parents are already getting flooded out. Lovely.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

You live in Denver.

Where in CO do you live? Especially how you talk about rent I was thinking you would of been in Denver/Denver Metro.

North, more towards boulder/longmont kind of stuff. I hear Colorado Springs are is better about rent and cost of living but everything up here has been crazy.

So you are towards Chu then.

Boulder is a higher rent more towards Denver Metro.

Also you do not want to live in the Springs. You think you get screwed up north? The Springs is libertarian central. They sold their flight for life because of their weird ass tax policies.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    This is one of those days where I just want to tell everyone at work to fuck off.

I had a level 2 tech escalate a server issue to me that was literally caused by the virtualization equivalent of the network cable not being plugged in

I have possibly adversely affected grades by saying "oh yeah, that student gave up on troubleshooting when things didn't work because a cable had come loose."

I... I just don't have time for that. Literally.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    damn, the vanilla switch was a long ass time ago now

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    i am only 25% agreeable

but posted a lot before we put agreeables in!!!!

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    oOoOoOoOo

this reminds me of ultima online

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    It's interesting that Japanese has had a phonetic writing system for like a thousand years but hasn't phased out the logographic system and probably never will?

It makes sense when you take into account that Japanese has an insane amount of homophones. And fewer unique phonetic sounds than other modern language.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH NORHT NORTH NORTH NORTHN NORTH NORTHN NOTHN NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    mazzy where can i find good ramen without driving all the way to downtown denver

the more north the better

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    casual edward i find you 0% agreeable, SIR.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH NORHT NORTH NORTH NORTHN NORTH NORTHN NOTHN NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH

no!

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

South?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

The language has so few syllables it'd be really hard to switch to all-phonetic stuff.

I'm pretty sure that's why the Japanese love puns, incidentally. SO MANY words have multiple meanings. Here is a search I got when looking for words that are pronounced "hi" (ひ).

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    casual edward i find you 0% agreeable, SIR.

enough to bring down the average prob

• Options
    Well, I'm gonna put junk in my stomach and try to forget that moment when I forgot how "school" was spelled.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    these sound like excuses
    i've been around forever and i have a decent agree to post ratio so clearly you just need to work harder on posting only reaction-bait
    get to trawling imgur

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

It makes sense when you take into account that Japanese has an insane amount of homophones. And fewer unique phonetic sounds than other modern language.

ah yeah that would contribute, I didn't know that

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

You live in Denver.

So you are towards Chu then.

Boulder is a higher rent more towards Denver Metro.

Also you do not want to live in the Springs. You think you get screwed up north? The Springs is libertarian central. They sold their flight for life because of their weird ass tax policies.
    Given the cost of living and the whole "lack of oxygen" thing and us having no real ties to Colorado other than we happen to be here, we'll probably move somewhere at some point. But yikes, that sounds weird.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    DON'T AGREE MY SHIT

I WON'T AGREE YOUR SHIT

AGREED?

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

he's banging waitresses in heaven now :(

• Options

Though doesn't it come up every once and a while to try and get rid of kanji? I definitely remember one such attempt making waves when I was in college. Cause we, as Japanese language students, were all for it. As kanji is the devil's toe jam.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    When my post count catches up to my agree count, which seems inevitable, I will have to take a vow of silence to maintain that positive K/D ratio.
    Not at this rate Kid.

This discussion has been closed.