Options

Nintendo Switch: No Zelda Talk Here

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Oh for a world in which one of the B:SUAJ:G games were on the Switch.
    Oh, goodness, I'd forgotten that they're making a second one...

I'm not even berating them or anything. I know being an indie's complicated, games are hard to make, and I will basically wait indefinitely, it's all good.

But I am amused that the game is still somewhere in the depths of development. Empires have risen in fallen since the project was funded.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    It was surprisingly difficult to decipher that B,SUAJ:G was referring to Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. About all I remember about that one is that the world is destroyed by a super dunk.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah. After the events of Space Jam, Charles Barkley eventually destroyed a city by accident when he performed the (until then) mysterious Chaos Dunk in an effort to impress his son Hoopz. That led to the outlawing of b-ball and many b-ball stars dying in the purge that followed. The world of the post-cyberpocalypse (unrelated) was never the same after the Chaos Dunk.

• Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    I will buy a pro controller so I have an option with a d-pad in case I ever need it, like in the case of Ultra Street Fighter.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm going to wait on the pro controller for the time being. I'm willing to bet I don't miss it.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I preordered it because I have like 3 friends also getting Switches and it will be nice to be able to have something to take over for parties without having to leave my docked Switch naked.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I'll have to hope that my Gamestop has some when I go in to pick up a Switch.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I will buy a pro controller so I have an option with a d-pad in case I ever need it, like in the case of Ultra Street Fighter.

What you SHOULD be buying is the Arcade stick for the switch, if you want to play the game properly anyways.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    ultra properly 2 the final challengers

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Look, I learned the truth from Barkley, Shut Up and Jam Gaiden: they're vidcons. Doesn't matter how you hold them.

Speaking of, wonder how long it's going to take for that castle vidcons guy to make a new comic

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I preordered it because I have like 3 friends also getting Switches and it will be nice to be able to have something to take over for parties without having to leave my docked Switch naked.

OK Karen.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Dammit, Karen, we're trying to have conversations.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    That party was lame before Karen showed up.

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I reckoned I needed a second controller at launch for any good 2 player games that appear (I'm thinking VC or eShop).

The Pro-Controller seemed like it gave me more variety/options than simply getting another pair of Joy-Cons. Like it's probably more comfortable and holds its charge for longer.

I'll probably get that second pair of Joy-Cons when ARMS is released.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Zelda is my launch game, so I can hold off on new cons for a month or two until we get the multiplayer stuff.

edzepp on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

OK Karen.

My other friends are the Karens, they're like "hey come play Nintendo™ Switch™" and I'm like "ugh fine at least I got an extra controller for it."

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Did this get mentioned already? I have high hopes for Hollow Knight:

http://www.vooks.net/hollow-knight-makes-move-nintendo-switch/

(Edit: Ok, it has been mentioned. The forum search lied to me the first time I went looking)

Kriegaffe on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I wager Kerbal Space Program will probably be the next high-profile indie to go over.

edzepp on
  • Options
    Kriegaffe wrote: »
    Did this get mentioned already? I have high hopes for Hollow Knight:

http://www.vooks.net/hollow-knight-makes-move-nintendo-switch/

(Edit: Ok, it has been mentioned. The forum search lied to me the first time I went looking)

Well I hadn't heard about it, so thanks for the info. It does look neat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'd be excited if Death's Gambit came to the Switch. Portable 2D Soulsvania? Yes, please.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Well that's me pre ordered. Perks of being in Australia that it was still available.

Threw in the special edition of Zelda because I really want the case and the extras add some worth to the purchase. Wasn't going to throw an extra $70 in for the statue though.

Bizarly enough the special edition is cheaper for us. $100 USD turns into $133 plus 10% GST for $146 where I paid $119

Still a bit of an Australian tax on the Switch itself but it's about what I saved on the Special edition which is nice.

Road Block on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    oh wow, found out my store is out of preorders with 4 made. Not sure how many we're getting.

I was the 3rd preorder. I hope like hell we're getting 4.

No I don't.
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »
    Well that's me pre ordered. Perks of being in Australia that it was still available.

Threw in the special edition of Zelda because I really want the case and the extras add some worth to the purchase. Wasn't going to throw an extra $70 in for the statue though.

Bizarly enough the special edition is cheaper for us. $100 USD turns into $133 plus 10% GST for $146 where I paid $119

Still a bit of an Australian tax on the Switch itself but it's about what I saved on the Special edition which is nice.

Where did you pre-order the Special Edition? I thought we were only getting the Master? I'd like to pick up the Special if I can but haven't seen it anywhere yet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I got mine from Best Buy the day after the Switch Reveal.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm going to wait on the pro controller for the time being. I'm willing to bet I don't miss it.

It depends on what you want to play. I have heard that 2D games are HORRIBLE with the joycons. Like, you legit need a pro controller for them because either the "button d-pad" is bad, or you are stuck with an analog stick which... ewww....

I'm hoping I can get one from Best Buy so I can pick it up at launch along with my system and Zelda. They haven't gone up there yet, so I'm sure they will soon. I actually read apparently the reason they haven't been up is that they were still waiting on FCC approval due to the bluetooth inside them (i.e. ensure it's not on the same frequency as important signals, etc)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Road Block wrote: »

Where did you pre-order the Special Edition? I thought we were only getting the Master? I'd like to pick up the Special if I can but haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Jb had it in their system. I had to ask specifically for it though.

Hopefully it's not a fuck up (Unless they feel like upgrading me)

Edit: On further research apparently the Australian limited edition doesn't have a case and I can't find any references to an Australian special edition throwing into question what the hell I've actually ordered.

Road Block on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Smash Deluxe at E3 along with a special Switch version of Pokemon Gen 7 at E3 would give them a pretty killer holiday lineup.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

It depends on what you want to play. I have heard that 2D games are HORRIBLE with the joycons. Like, you legit need a pro controller for them because either the "button d-pad" is bad, or you are stuck with an analog stick which... ewww....

I'm hoping I can get one from Best Buy so I can pick it up at launch along with my system and Zelda. They haven't gone up there yet, so I'm sure they will soon. I actually read apparently the reason they haven't been up is that they were still waiting on FCC approval due to the bluetooth inside them (i.e. ensure it's not on the same frequency as important signals, etc)

Ah, that could be an issue. I just opened up Shovel knight to compare dpad and stick and yeah for a 2d platformer sticks just dont do the job. Especially ones like shovel knight we're you have very fine control of your character. Here's hoping the separate buttons can handle the job.

• Options
    Smash Deluxe at E3 along with a special Switch version of Pokemon Gen 7 at E3 would give them a pretty killer holiday lineup.

I image they'll announce it, but I dunno if they really want to crowd out mario that hard?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Yeah... that sort of thinking gives credence to the idea that the March release is something of a soft-launch and they are really looking to establish the system with a big Christmas in Dec 2017.

• Options
    Mario (I assume it's definitely making 2017), Pokemon and Smash would be quite the triple combo.

• Options
    edzepp wrote: »
    Mario (I assume it's definitely making 2017), Pokemon and Smash would be quite the triple combo.

It's only one game if you are already a 3DS/Wii U owner who buys major purchases.

I intentionally skipped Sun/Moon for my kids assuming it would appear on the Switch. Didn't expect a 12 month wait.

I'm really (really, really) hoping for more unique purchases between here and xmas other than ARMS.

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Honestly, the DLC alone is probably worth a repurchase for smash. Depending on how much the online costs, of course. And I totally expect some new characters too. At the very least, making the inklings actual characters instead of just mii outfits.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Nintendo Switch: Potable Portents

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch: Potable Portents

Of Doom.

& Knuckles

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Man, this thread is getting too much. I'm way too excited for this. I'm a teacher/professor in my mid-30s and I still get excited about opening new consoles.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
      I love new console smell. It's a special time.

This discussion has been closed.