Y'all I don't think The Good Life is gonna happen

They're only at 15% of their extremely high goal

No Rap Rabbit no nothing

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Y'all I don't think The Good Life is gonna happen

They're only at 15% of their extremely high goal

I was briefly wondering what their goal was, but holy shit 1.5 million. I'm gonna toss them thirty bucks, but the progress does not instill confidence.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It hit 14% or whatever like five days ago or something

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Fig: Where pitches go to die

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I've decided I'm done with crowdfunding.

It used to feel really good to know you were helping a thing actually happen, but now I realize that the crowdfunding campaign sucks up all my enthusiasm for the thing, and then two years later when you actually get the thing it's like "oh, ok, cool I guess..."

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm so used to games Kickstarters missing their date every single time that I was shocked when Ted Leo's album came out exactly when he said it would

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    rhylith wrote: »

It used to feel really good to know you were helping a thing actually happen, but now I realize that the crowdfunding campaign sucks up all my enthusiasm for the thing, and then two years later when you actually get the thing it's like "oh, ok, cool I guess..."

I Kickstarted a game called The Iron Oath that looks like fun, but I'm not going to follow it very closely now that it's funded.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've ever crowdfunded anything

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I mostly crowdfund small pen and paper roleplaying games and the occasional board game. There's a really good community there.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Tube wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

I Kickstarted a game called The Iron Oath that looks like fun, but I'm not going to follow it very closely now that it's funded.

This is me with every game I back

Eventually it comes out, and more often than not I've enjoyed what I've backed

Maddoc on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I've loved almost every project I kickstarted

the only two real duds were..... MN9 and another video game that is in perma dev hell

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Aren't there a lot more successful campaigns on Fig than failed ones?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I don't like hype cycles anyway so I don't care that there's a huge gap between funding a thing and that thing coming out. I got a new Descent and a new Castlevania coming out next year and that's awesome.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

I've done over 20 kickstarters, and while I don't regret it I can't say I've been super enthusiastic about many of them once I actually received the product.

The one big exception to this is probably the PA kickstarter that resulted in Strip Search, though that may also be because the kickstarter itself was basically a merchandise preorder.

(Also because it more than paid for itself with that pin should I ever decide to part with it.)

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

the only two real duds were..... MN9 and another video game that is in perma dev hell

star citizen is going to be so good, you guys

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

god no it's not that

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

depends on your definition

nothing has been released that was on fig

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

depends on your definition

nothing has been released that was on fig

Kingdoms & Castles was a Fig game and it was very good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

god no it's not that

Unsung Story?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I don't like hype cycles anyway so I don't care that there's a huge gap between funding a thing and that thing coming out. I got a new Descent and a new Castlevania coming out next year and that's awesome.

Bloodstained?

It's actually coming out next year?

• Options
    I'm weirdly feeling kind of optimistic about Unsung Story

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Bloodstained?

It's actually coming out next year?

It certainly could get delayed but it's targeted for 2018.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I think kickstarting a thing when the group has something already physically working/replicatible (like, a game with a demo to play, or a peripheral that's already come out of prototyping and just needs to go to tooling/production) makes sense, but backing anything that's just a pie in the sky still is not worth it

• Options
    Trackless and Solstice Chronicles: MIA are also Fig games that released but I know nothing of their quality. Looks like 1 campaign succeeded in late 2015, 3 in first half 2016 (including Psychonauts 2), 2 more in 2nd half 2016 (Wasteland 3 is one), and the rest are 2017 campaigns.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    Like Little Orbit isn't exactly a dev name that inspires massive confidence, but my money is already gone and they have already come right out and said they can't do refunds so it's not like they have to win me over, they've been talking a pretty good game about how they're taking the original design documentation and the story work by Matsuno and starting from scratch to create the game that a lot of people felt like they were backing in the first place (Rather than the pvp focus that Playdek had been taking, which admittedly as board game dudes probably felt more natural to them)

They also apparently brought in a bunch of FFT modders for feedback

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I've never kickstarted anything or bought anything in Early Access. I'll pay for your product when it's actually out.

I feel very firmly about this with Kickstarter, but Early Access is becoming increasingly more difficult to justify.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I've kickstarted three things - one delivered on what the kickstarter itself was for (a tech demo) and then went nowhere, one was cancelled and refunded (and I was not surprised because that one was a literal launch of a satellite) and one comes out this week (five years late). So not a terrible record but I'm not gonna jump on future projects.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I did the Penny Arcade one

I think I still have a pet name from Tycho?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I've done early access for...exactly one thing, I think?

just Prison Architect

• Options
    It's also very difficult with early access because if you wait for the full release you might miss the boat, either with the entire community or at the very least with your circle of friends.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I've kickstarted

Bloodstained (not out yet, looks competently run so far)
    SUPER HOT (SUPER HOT)
    Unsung Story (not a great outcome!)
    Cosmic Star Heroine (have not played, sounds like it's real good)
    Torment: Tides of Numenera (have not played)
    Pillars of Eternity (real good)
    Planetary Annihilation (good!)

Oh and Star Citizen. On balance, I can see myself funding future projects.

LuvTheMonkey on
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I've kickstarted three things - one delivered on what the kickstarter itself was for (a tech demo) and then went nowhere, one was cancelled and refunded (and I was not surprised because that one was a literal launch of a satellite) and one comes out this week (five years late). So not a terrible record but I'm not gonna jump on future projects.
    Was that the FPS by former id guys? I can't think of the name now. Wonder whatever happened to that project.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX3QP7yX_IA
    That Game Company has a new game specifically for iOS that sure looks a whole hell of a lot like Journey

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I've backed a bunch of board games on kickstarter

Of them I've played, uh, 3 or 4?

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    This might be the quickest walk-back on exclusivity yet.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Cromarty wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Was that the FPS by former id guys? I can't think of the name now. Wonder whatever happened to that project.

Nah, that was the swordfighting game by Neal Stephenson. Apparently they shopped the demo around a bit and got no publisher interest.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    journey 2: journey harder

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I've Kickstarted that Patrick Rothfuss board game Tak, a lot of art books, and several games. Everything that's released has been excellent, and most of the things that haven't released are still being actively developed and don't seem like they're in dev hell yet except for one game and one VR music video album thing, but I don't back things at a high level for that very reason. If they never release, oh well no big deal, I'm only out like $30.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I only ever KSed one thing, Children of Zodiarcs.

It came out a month and a half ago, still haven't booted it up. Alpha seemed neat, though.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I did the first PA kickstarter but never got my signed certificate. I also kickstarted Anamanaguchi's album Endless Fantasy (which is really good and I got a USB drive with all their music), an expansion for We Didn't Playtest This At All (which came with a custom sharpie since it's a parody of games like Risk Legacy and Pandemic Legacy), Smart Guys which was a comedy miniseries by a YouTube channel (CONTINUE?) I used to watch, and I think that's it. I got everything I backed except for a paper certificate from PA.

This discussion has been closed.