As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cook Serve Delicious 2 can go to hell, the [Indie Game] Heat Signature is out

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I know Wild probably looks stupid to everyone or whatever but a game where you play a Druid guy who turns into a bear is essentially what I've always wanted.

I always thought shapeshifting druids were dumb. Give me nature-based spellcaster/cleric druids any day instead

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't think you were shapeshifting in Wild, I thought you like, warged into them
    But it's been a while

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah I think you're just mind melding with them or something and assuming direct control

You've got an animal posse with you like goddamn Beastmaster

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Haha. I hadn't watched the Wild trailer and I'm 20 seconds in. Injured girl, father looking sad. "Save her... shaman..."

Shaman looks up and does a sexy Dreamworks face.

Is the gameplay trailer showing alpha footage?

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I am not aware of any new Wild footage since the 2015 paris games week demo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That's the one I'm watching.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    The middle dude is definitely Soldier 76, right?

tumblr_orronybu0q1uwdfr8o1_1280.png

click for source

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    forgot to edit the baby into d.va 8/10

• Options
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Runner2 was so good, I am very excited to play Runner3 on Switch

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    You don't breed them as they don't reproduce. You collect them from the wilds and then feed them so you can profit from their poops.

Yes you do. Their form is controlled by what other plorps you feed them. Mutating something is definitely an aspect of breeding if the US fashion pet industry is any indication.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    You don't breed them as they don't reproduce. You collect them from the wilds and then feed them so you can profit from their poops.

Yes you do. Their form is controlled by what other plorps you feed them. Mutating something is definitely an aspect of breeding if the US fashion pet industry is any indication.

I guess, but you don't breed in the game as in take two slimes and then have them make babies. If you put 30 slimes in a pen, that number will not change unless one manages to escape and then you will have 29 slimes.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Darmak wrote: »

I guess, but you don't breed in the game as in take two slimes and then have them make babies. If you put 30 slimes in a pen, that number will not change unless one manages to escape and then you will have 29 slimes.

Slimes don't make babies anyway; they just spontaneously pop out of the landscape.

You definitely make new ones and that's enough to say you breed them.

I am actually surprised they don't have a machine where you can take plorps and hatch them into new slimes but where's the fun in that?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Slimes don't make babies anyway; they just spontaneously pop out of the landscape.

You definitely make new ones and that's enough to say you breed them.

I am actually surprised they don't have a machine where you can take plorps and hatch them into new slimes but where's the fun in that?

Yeah, most of the slimes are plentiful enough that breeding would be redundant, except for some of the super rare slimes like the lucky cat or gold ones. I wouldn't mind some end-game way of acquiring one of those (as there isn't a way to do so currently)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't think you were shapeshifting in Wild, I thought you like, warged into them
    But it's been a while

At the end of the day isn't this basically the same thing, gameplay wise?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    I'm going to stylize this half the way they do it, half the way I believe it should be done

Cook, Serve, DELICIOUS! 2!! is coming out August 24th for 13 dollars

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I'm going to stylize this half the way they do it, half the way I believe it should be done

YESSSSSSSS

That and Everybody's Golf...that week is my week

EDIT: Never mind, he doesn't say the PS4 version is hitting then too

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    The last two weeks of August are bonkers

Uncharted, CSD 2, Absolver, Mario + Rabbids, XCOM 2 expansion, Life Is Strange debut episode

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I ain't touching that Life is Strange

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

I'm at least waiting to hear some impressions. Alex Navarro wasn't into what he saw and I trust his judgement on Life is Strange and those types of games in general.

• Options
    I started playing hollow knight and I feel like no one talked about this game at all and it's gorgeous and super fun

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am deffo interested in Hollow Knight when it makes its way to the Switch.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Yeah it's the ideal place I just don't have one. It's like ori but...way better to play

There's also these mosquito enemies that you fight a lot that make a hilarious, well timed splat squish noise when you kill them hat never gets old. It sound like someone just blowing a short raspberry

cursedking on
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I'd be willing to give them some leeway on whether the story could turn out to be good or not but

I ain't no scab

• Options

New gameplay trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoP53DTpbmQ

HOLDING STATIONS
    RESTAURANT CUSTOMIZATION

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wonder if the Ryan Davis memorial corn dog will still be in it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I'd be willing to give them some leeway on whether the story could turn out to be good or not but

I ain't no scab

Is that a reference to Ashly Burch not being asked to return to voice the MC due to being on strike?

Because she's still working on the writing of the game, I believe. Just not doing any voicework.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    IIRC, Ryan got a burger in Cook Serve Delicious, and Jeff got a corndog

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I almost wanna try a Ryan Davis, but it has bacon

It looks delicious though

For being stylized 2D art, all the food in that game looked delicious

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    IIRC, Ryan got a burger in Cook Serve Delicious, and Jeff got a corndog

You are correct.

The Ryan Davis: Meat, Bacon, Cheese (2x) and Tomatoes.

The Gerstmann is a corn dog with just ketchup.

Making the Ryan Davis has an achievement called "Forever Remembered"

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Fuck the people that ordered the vegetable lasagna.

I always screwed that one up, so they just got the meat instead.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Gigantic is coming to steam July 20

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Gigantic is coming to steam July 20

I go look up the Pixies song every time this game comes up

EVERY time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

also just an issue of

too many games coming out

and a lot of them are really good

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular

This is a pretty interesting read. I have tumbleseed on the switch and I would agree that it's pretty hard, though I wouldn't say unfairly so. There is a lot going on though, and just adjusting to the control scheme can take a while, let alone managing moving enemies, let alone choosing which seed types to activate. I think it's a pretty neat game though, I just haven't yet put in the time it needs. Hopefully that update will make its way to the switch version as well.

sig.gif
  • Options

This is one of my favorite little easter eggs in games

There's a whole series of Janet Evanovich-type novels you can find in the game, with the number naming and all having the same cover style

Except for one, which was clearly made into a movie and got that awful "now a feature film" cover art

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be hosting some games of jackbox party pack 3 tonight at 5pm pst/8pm est

anybody who wants a chance to play some jackbox on a stream that isn't full of geese is welcome to join us

it's gonna be at https://www.twitch.tv/videoentropy

• Options
    Every now and then I remember that Pyre is only a month away and I just begin to vibrate at a frequency that causes me to phase through my chair and floor

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Whoops, time for me to listen to the song they played in the trailer 20 more times

This discussion has been closed.