As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Rerolling until you get 5 stars or Hector

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I get up to 20 orbs and went to summon

Get a single green orb, no reds, so I pull and get an Arthur

I'm impatient and I convince myself its unlikely that I get more than 3 red/green in the next pull

4 reds

:bigfrown: because of course Ike will be in the unpulled red

I pull leftmost red
    4* Tharja

I pull second leftmost red
    3* Hinata

Internal 5 minute debate about if I should pull the rightmost red or leftmost red, Monty Hall problem says I should pull the right one since I was originally planning on pulling the left
    I pull right
    Then change my mind and pull left
    5* Ike

HELL YEAH

edit: -HP/+SPD

ObiFett on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    ObiFett, with the forum record for most nested spoilers? ;-)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So with my orbs, once the Princess banner failed me, I started saving. One pull on the Easter and Echoes banner each just to see if I could get lucky, but nothing beyond that. Today was D Day for all those saved orbs.
    Screenshot_2017-04-26-19-40-02.png
    I think this works.

I lurk this thread to see when I should and shouldn't pull. Got almost this exact group as well. Guessing it is making up for my two bad pulls on the previous banner.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Alright, finally cleared all the flier quests. Would've been pretty difficult with only the 3-star pegasus sisters you get for free, but thankfully I had a couple of decent fliers from previous pulls.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    So what are the best and easiest movement skills to inherit onto armored units?

Am I wrong in assuming that putting a movement skill on armored units is almost a requirement for them to be useable?

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Am I wrong in assuming that putting a movement skill on armored units is almost a requirement for them to be useable?

I like Pivot (kinda hard to get) and Swap for armored units.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Easiest way to make up for the crap movement of armor units is probably by having a dancer babysit them or bringing somebody with shove/smite, right?

Other than that the only real options seem like swap or pivot

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    In my opinion pivot is best on armor units. Cherche is a good candidate to pass it on, though Erika and Marth have it too.

• Options
    edited April 2017

Pivot was the first I looked for, but its a pretty rough inherit. Swap is a better option, probably, since I have a million Stahls and Arthurs
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Easiest way to make up for the crap movement of armor units is probably by having a dancer babysit them or bringing somebody with shove/smite, right?

What about the skills that let units teleport to injured units?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017

Pivot was the first I looked for, but its a pretty rough inherit. Swap is a better option, probably, since I have a million Stahls and Arthurs
    Kwoaru wrote: »

What about the skills that let units teleport to injured units?

They are strong but I think kinda rare and also making purposeful use of them is risky unless you're willing to do all the math to make sure somebody will be wounded to teleport to but not killed, and then you have an injured unit who still has to get away and your armor person possibly over-extended

lunge might sort of work but I personally also hate lunge and pullback (draw back?) and knockback because any kind of automatic displacement is another chore for me to keep track of

I'm very lazy

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Wings of Mercy pairs really well with a ranged fury user.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    So haven't really been playing too much since I hadn't gotten a banner character since Sanaki and it was getting pretty annoying. Spent pretty much all my orbs trying to get a Easter Camille. Had 33 orbs yesterday and decided to try to pull for Ike. First pull 3 reds, got a Leo...ok I guess, pretty good. Last 20 and this:
    spgnxbf3l6cx.jpg

-Def/+Res on Ike and +Spd/-Red on Julia seems good enough I guess.

So I have some new toys to play with and I decided to 5* my Nowi. Kinda nice to have some options other than Horse Emblem to do the specials. :D

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    4 more pulls... The first one didn't have a single red on it. Ugh.

Then 2 4* units I have, and a 3*. I like Ike. :(

• Options
    I like Ike but I've given up on this banner :( I'll hoard again and maybe I'll get the fancy version of him later.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    What's a good special and B skill to inherit on Linde?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Special - Moonbow might help against dragons and Julia, or Glimmer (what else are you going to do with Beruka?). Luna too, but that's rarer.
    B - Desperation is excellent with Fury or her default Ardent Sacrifice.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So cherche better for +spd - res or +def - res

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd probably pick +spd just to cut down on the amount of units that will double her.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I'd probably pick +spd just to cut down on the amount of units that will double her.

Yea that was kind of my thought. She shouldn't really be taking hits

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, +Speed unless you're giving her a Brave Axe.

ladi.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

It's super close. On one hand, the vast majority of things are gonna double her anyway, especially if you're using the Brave Axe build for her. But the boost to speed still has a higher chance of actually making a big difference. Especially when you consider that she gets +4 speed out of that instead of the +3 she gets to defense.

For what it's worth, the +defense would make her Bonfire stronger if you're giving her that. Not that she really needs any help killing things.

• Options
    I'm super desperate for an archer, having spent all my orbs since launch and gotten nothing to work with. No Takumi (obviously), no 4 star Klein, not even a 3 star Gordin with good IVs... All I have is miles of Niles, and he both sucks and I hate him.

I have ONE Gordin, and he was pulled 3 star with +spd -res. I figure +speed is almost useless on a brave bow user, but like I said, I'm desperate... And eyeing my last 22k feathers...

Someone either encourage me or talk me off the ledge! Can he be useful at all with no deathblow to give him? What other skills to consider? Vantage seems misplaced...

• Options
    Why do you want an archer so much? +Speed Gordin is bad and definitely not worth feathers unless you're giving his Brave Bow+ to another, actually good, archer.

Pulling colourless without a focus is pretty crazy, you've got like a 1/3 chance of even getting an archer, let alone a good one.

ladi.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Acheron wrote: »
    I'm super desperate for an archer, having spent all my orbs since launch and gotten nothing to work with. No Takumi (obviously), no 4 star Klein, not even a 3 star Gordin with good IVs... All I have is miles of Niles, and he both sucks and I hate him.

I have ONE Gordin, and he was pulled 3 star with +spd -res. I figure +speed is almost useless on a brave bow user, but like I said, I'm desperate... And eyeing my last 22k feathers...

Someone either encourage me or talk me off the ledge! Can he be useful at all with no deathblow to give him? What other skills to consider? Vantage seems misplaced...

You literally have zero Setsuna's? Cause she's the best inheritence Archer in the game.

Quadsuna(Brave Bow+, Desperation, I think either Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid? And then Life and Death or Deathblow.)

Worth the 40k if you are truly desperate.

Transporter on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    i pulled my first 5* while red-hunting on this banner!
    it's another Young Tiki! eff gacha games forever lol

this one's +atk -HP, while my fully inherited lv40 tiki is -atk +res...
    if you merge, do you get all the skills learned, or inherited? do you have to spend all the SP again?
    because honestly even though i think the new one is better, it's kind of disheartening to have to raise her to 40 and grind an extra 400+ SP after that.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i pulled my first 5* while red-hunting on this banner!
    it's another Young Tiki! fuck gacha games forever lol

this one's +atk -HP, while my fully inherited lv40 tiki is -atk +res...
    if you merge, do you get all the skills learned, or inherited? do you have to spend all the SP again?
    because honestly even though i think the new one is better, it's kind of disheartening to have to raise her to 40 and grind an extra 400+ SP after that.

If you merge, the skills they have learned should transfer over in their current state, if I understand correctly.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    I haven't ever purposefully gone after tons of colorless, but I've pulled enough in the course of various banners.

Zero Setsunas. And I dislike her anyway. Yeah... I know I shouldn't do it. But I want to be able to snipe fliers and mages without retaliation! I should probably just wait for some new ones in other banners. I do have a neutral Robin I'd like to 5 star with triangle adept.

• Options
    Soren can snipe without retaliation! And while pulling greens you can luck into Hector and bask in everyone's hatred.

ladi.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    So I just managed to get through one of the most fun arena fights I've had yet. The opposing team felt like it was tailor made to beat mine, and it was on the worst possible map (the bridges), and they didn't move quite in the way I expected on the first turn. But I somehow managed to clutch it out.

My team: Lyn, Nowi, Cherche, Jaffar
    Opposing team: Lucy, RobinM, Marth, Azura

Two falchion users to crush my poor dragon, the mage who has always given me the most problems, and a dancer (who had swordbreaker in addition to her sapphire lance, to ensure that she'd kill Lyn if she wandered in range). All of them were around +5 (I believe Robin was +8).

Their entire team were moving down the right side. What I had to do was bait out Robin to attack Lyn of all people (who only barely survived, and was only out of range of Marth because of the forest in the middle), while the rest of their team continued down the right side. Then Jaffar softened up Marth so that Nowi could finish him off, and then Lyn teleported over with Escape Route and wiped out Lucina. Everyone was out of range of both Robin and Azura for that turn. Then Nowi had to reposition Cherche (who had flown all the way to the bottom corner of the map to avoid the swordies) so that she could wipe out Robin, and then Cherche also counter-killed Azura on enemy phase.

Can't believe I managed to get out of that battle deathless. Was my 6th battle, so I reeeally didn't want to lose anyone.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    mts wrote: »

For the above, Cherche with +SPD is suboptimal. SPD is her stat you want to be negative. She needs a Brave Axe to shine, thus negating speed completely.

Best would be +atk/-spd, but +res or +def wouldnt be bad either. You can always build one and then move everything to the better IV later though.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    When you're 1 EXP away from a level and the last enemy on the board commits suicide against your level 40s because they have the color advantage :x

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    When you're 1 EXP away from a level and the last enemy on the board commits suicide against your level 40s because they have the color advantage :x

Haha, I think with a recent change, units gain a minimum of 1xp per win.

So I think you can spend 1 stamina and use the earliest training map to get that 1xp?

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »
    Soren can snipe without retaliation! And while pulling greens you can luck into Hector and bask in everyone's hatred.

I actually have Soren! But also Julia and Merric 5 star, so it's really hard to use him. Water sweep just seems really useless to me... Maybe I'm missing potential there.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »

I actually have Soren! But also Julia and Merric 5 star, so it's really hard to use him. Water sweep just seems really useless to me... Maybe I'm missing potential there.

Watersweep works on someone like FCorrin, so she can debuff without fear of retaliation. It's also meant to help you break through all the Vantage users out there right now (particularly since everyone seems to be getting Distant Counter as an option).

Someone help me decide!

On a +SPD/-RES Ike, I'm thinking of going with Heavy Blade/Quick Riposte/Threaten ATK. The +SPD kinda works against the point of QR, but at least it prevents getting doubled as much. However, I'm trying to decide between Aether (to refuel QR) and Blazing Wind (which has the potential to do ridonkulous amounts of damage and completely ignores WTA).

Blazing Wind is the less common option (and definitely cooler as a consequence), but it outright loses to Vantage since the nuke is pre-attack and thus sets off Vantage (pushing Ike out of QR range and very possibly killing him). However, an AOE nuke defeats QR and Swordbreaker, and helps set up a chain of KOs if it hits more than one target. Also, Vantage can be beaten with more Vantage, and I've got plenty of that to go around (Kagero, Takumi, Nowi).

What do you all think?

• Options
    Someone needs to check on @Reynolds, this new banner is going to kill him dead.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I probably shouldn't have spent so many orbs pulling bad stuff earlier, now I need them to pull bad stuff on this one.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So I just did 5 pulls.

Pull 1 was a 3* Palla. Was not encouraged.
    Pull 2 was 4* Chrom. Getting better.
    Pull 3 was a 3* Odem. ...
    Pull 4 was 5* Ike. Holy shit, what?! And all neutral, too?!
    Well, gotta try just because, so Pull 5 was....

5* Effie. No fucking way.

New 5* first team: Effie, Ike, Hector, and Tharja? And should I save up the feathers to 5* Zephiel and replace Tharja?

Veevee on
  • Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    So I just did 5 pulls.

New first team: Effie, Ike, Hector, and Tharja? Or should I save up the feathers and 5* Zephiel instead of Tharja?

Be a man, be ARMOR EMBLEM.

By all the Hector's. Give Distant Counter to ALL OF THEM.

WIN THE GAME.

I mean, you should 5* them both but I am partial to grumpy Overlord Zeph. But if your Tharja is +Atk or +SPD without a minus in those two stats, Tharja might be a no brainer promote.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Veevee wrote: »
    So I just did 5 pulls.

New first team: Effie, Ike, Hector, and Tharja? Or should I save up the feathers and 5* Zephiel instead of Tharja?

Be a man, be ARMOR EMBLEM.

By all the Hector's. Give Distant Counter to ALL OF THEM.

WIN THE GAME.

I mean, you should 5* them both but I am partial to grumpy Overlord Zeph. But if your Tharja is +Atk or +SPD without a minus in those two stats, Tharja might be a no brainer promote.

Sorry, worded it poorly. Tharja is already a 5 star, but I do think she's -atk or spd.

Currently rocking a 5* Ursula, Olwen, Hector, Tharja team that has been hell for certain players, going off of my defense results. But it's now time to change it up.

Veevee on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Now that I have things at 40 I might as well check...Tharja and Kagero are both -ATK +RES because of course and Babyhardt is +HP - SPD which I guess is fine.

This explains why I haven't been able to do certain things with Tharja and Kagero that guides and strategies said I should. Guess I'm not bothering to promote those two to 5 stars.

I don't think I have any units I can beat these Chapter 10 Lunatic quests with. I can barely clear any Chapter 9 or 10 stages on Lunatic in the first place. No bonus orbs for me!

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.