As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Principal Honey has outlawed all fun in the [RIVERDALE] thread.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Everyone else saw what was written on that crate, right...?

I didn't.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Everyone else saw what was written on that crate, right...?

I didn't.
    PROPERTY OF MISKATONIC UNIVERSITY
    CARE OF H.P. LOVECRAFT
    POLAR EXPEDITION, 1923

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That was a hell of an episode.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Ruh roh.
    Archie and Veronica are on the rocks!
    Betty and Jughead are also on the rocks!
    Stupid Sexy Archie!
    Betty making the entire bar uncomfortable with her 'underage striptease/singing thing'!
    Cheryl absolutely putting the moves on Josie! (That's not really a minus, though.)

But really, whoever they got to play the Riverdale Reaper looks like the same actor that plays The Black Hood. So that's kind of weird.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Legitimately bummed FP's diner uniform won't be a regular thing

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So

FP and Alice totally a thing. The older brother is FP's? Almost definitely. Holy crap the electricity in those exchanges.
    The look on Hermione's face while talking to Veronica in her room. The pain, the aceptance, the knowledge that yes, you are the reason your daughter is a fuck up.
    No no, no bad touch Cheryl. Just, no. stop doing that.
    As a new parent the flashbacks to the Devils House was... tough. like seriously heightened anxiety tough. I'd love it if people would just stop killing kids, please.
    40 years ago. So the black guy in the photo being held by Mr Svenson at the end is Pops? The truck driver? Josie's father?

• Options
    I think we're gonna get a Dark Veronica before we see Dark Betty again, going forward.

Veronica is going to admit that she loves Archie, he's going to reject her, and that's where it starts.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    This was a weird episode, man.
    Sorce wrote: »
    I think we're gonna get a Dark Veronica before we see Dark Betty again, going forward.

Veronica is going to admit that she loves Archie, he's going to reject her, and that's where it starts.
    You think Dark Veronica like City Veronica? Or is she going to be the inverse of Dark Betty and start wearing thick sweaters and corduroy skirts?

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    This was a weird episode, man.

You think Dark Veronica like City Veronica? Or is she going to be the inverse of Dark Betty and start wearing thick sweaters and corduroy skirts?
    The former, more outright villainous like her Dad.

sig.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Veronica's going full Kottonmouth based on that teaser.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Stupid Asshole Archie
    "...that Donnie Darko song you love... or at least strongly like."

Dude, I get it, you said you loved her and she didn't say it back. You don't need to get passive aggressive about it.

Also Edgy Betty
    It's like normal Betty, but with more underage stripping.

Even the Serpents were like, "Uh, should we clap for this?"

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Way to pick a party song to sing Archie and Ronnie.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The most recent episode:
    When Betty's boyfriend's DAD walked by her MOM and started clapping for the surprise karaoke striptease she had just finished, it was at this moment... that Betty hopefully realized what an amazingly ill thought out, fucked up thing she had done. Also, Toni helped her do it PURELY on the premise of wanting to see it herself...

• Options
    The hell you doing Jughead

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

Thug life.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

jug life.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    So latest episode
    that has to be a fakeout unmasking right? That did not feel like a Riverdale level reveal

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    So latest episode
    that has to be a fakeout unmasking right? That did not feel like a Riverdale level reveal

That's practically the universal consensus.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Theory, based on BTS stuff, which means there's a good chance of it being true. Probably.
    The Black Mask is Chic Cooper, since he was announced to be in this season, but hasn't shown up yet.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    So latest episode

Yes.
    Archie even flat out said that he looked into the Black Hood's eyes and it wasn't the janitor(does make me wonder why he didn't use this power at the grave, but I suppose that he was focused on the gun).

Stupid Sexy Archie aside, Betty's last scene and Juggy's outro all but confirm that the story isn't over.

Wait, which hand had the finger cut off? Could the janitor even pull the trigger?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Sabrina's been cast:

25036005_139032203435824_6751143965984030720_n.jpg

Kiernan Shipka.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Kiernan Shipka is rad she was rad on Mad Men and Korra and I'm glad to see her get a big role like this

• Options
    I don't really know her but based on that photo it looks like good casting.

• Options
    if they don't cast Melissa Joan Hart as one of the aunts is it even a riverdale show?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    dat bulge

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Kiernan Shipka is rad she was rad on Mad Men and Korra and I'm glad to see her get a big role like this

Oh shit, she played Jinora? OK, consider me interested in this Sabrina show.

• Options
    if they don't cast Melissa Joan Hart as one of the aunts is it even a riverdale show?

She should play Madame Satan.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I couldn't get Sally Draper: Kid Detective but I'll happily take this

• Options
    edited January 2018
    This is your reminder that the gang is all back as of last night. None of that matters though.
    "You don't have to be a 'courtesan' anymore, Mommy."

A look of "Fuck you I do what I want, Cheryl," with a heel spin and exit.

Perfection.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    archie reaches new levels of being archie by
    becoming a snitch

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    That suit dude is
    totally not FBI right? Archie is just the right kind of dumb to fall for a dollar store badge

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    This show is getting stupid, and not the good kind anymore.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That suit dude is
    totally not FBI right? Archie is just the right kind of dumb to fall for a dollar store badge

He seems very familiar...
    662lzc03pcgc.jpg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Archie's New Friend
    I really wouldn't be surprised if he's on Hiram's payroll, or maybe on the payroll of one of his enemies. Still legit FBI, but always up to no good.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Archie's New Friend
    I really wouldn't be surprised if he's on Hiram's payroll, or maybe on the payroll of one of his enemies. Still legit FBI, but always up to no good.

I agree, but it's too easy. The ideas are all predictable and handled sloppily.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I do appreciate that Archie
    is the one who doesn't think they got the actual Black Hood. It's something that Betty or Jughead should technically have thought of first, but they're both too distracted right now. I like that Archie is the only one that "knows" him because he looked into his eyes.

It's also just very stupid sexy Archie to say tell an FBI agent that he thinks an innocent man was murdered while offering no actual evidence or even really caring that much. He just throws it out there and does other stuff instead

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Much better than the last ep, at least.

wVEsyIc.png