As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who [Love]s the [Love]men?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    I got the "I'm more interested in hanging out as friends" from my date on Sunday. And man, friends are great and all, I have them and appreciate them, but I just want someone who'll stroke my hair and say I'm pretty. Does that make me a garbage person?

My default response to this is to be blunt with the person and tell them I already have enough friends, or "I'm not looking for another friend: I'm looking for companionship at the level above friendship."

It gets the message across.

Pull out a yearbook, completely buried in signatures. "As you can see, I'm full up in the friend department. However I'll be sure to let you know if there's an opening in the future."

Then don your trilby hat in a dramatic rolling motion, pull out your $600 custom vape rig and ride off into the night.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    @DouglasDanger

Your anxiety sounds a lot like my ex girlfriend's anxiety, which is to say: just because someone isn't great at communicating with you doesn't mean they don't care about you. This is especially true if you don't live together and your main method of talking is over text. SMS is unreliable, so you might consider setting a time to have actual phone calls with one another. That helps a lot, trust me.

Aside from that, all I can tell you is that your anxiety is lying to you. Your anxety is always lying to you. Always. Anxiety is not your friend. It is not something that keeps you honest in the face of undue optimism; it poisons you when operating under an otherwise pragmatic mindset. Do. Not. Trust. Your. Anxiety.

Get that tattooed on the inside of your forearm and refer to the tattoo as necessary.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    love thread, this is how I feel about you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtsM1ouOLLQ

• Options
    @DouglasDanger

Your anxiety sounds a lot like my ex girlfriend's anxiety, which is to say: just because someone isn't great at communicating with you doesn't mean they don't care about you. This is especially true if you don't live together and your main method of talking is over text. SMS is unreliable, so you might consider setting a time to have actual phone calls with one another. That helps a lot, trust me.

Aside from that, all I can tell you is that your anxiety is lying to you. Your anxety is always lying to you. Always. Anxiety is not your friend. It is not something that keeps you honest in the face of undue optimism; it poisons you when operating under an otherwise pragmatic mindset. Do. Not. Trust. Your. Anxiety.

Get that tattooed on the inside of your forearm and refer to the tattoo as necessary.

I would but a little voice in my head assures me the tattoo will get infected and I'll die.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    @DouglasDanger

I would but a little voice in my head assures me the tattoo will get infected and I'll die.

Extract the voice with a 1/8" drill bit and an impact driver.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    sometimes i don't think hacksaw has our best interests at heart

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm just searching for the best heart among you

On a completely unrelated note: you're all organ donors and have an O- blood type, right?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I'm just searching for the best heart among you

On a completely unrelated note: you're all organ donors and have an O- blood type, right?

*lowers knife*
    What do those have to do with anything?

• Options
    My blood is red. Which type is that?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks @Hacksaw

I am learning to deal with my anxiety. It's slow going.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    PINECONE SHOWED UP AND IS TAKING ME TO DINNER AT THE PLACE WE MET AT AND THEN HE'S GOING TO MY HOUSE AND WHEN I COME BACK FROM THE CONCERT HE'LL STILL BE THERE????!!!!

*screams*

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I got the "I'm more interested in hanging out as friends" from my date on Sunday. And man, friends are great and all, I have them and appreciate them, but I just want someone who'll stroke my hair and say I'm pretty. Does that make me a garbage person?

My default response to this is to be blunt with the person and tell them I already have enough friends, or "I'm not looking for another friend: I'm looking for companionship at the level above friendship."

I've found, though, that those two phrases are usually the same message. One is from someone who needs to be ultra cautious about what they say or else get verbally/physically assaulted, the other usually comes from someone who doesn't have to worry about that.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

I've found, though, that those two phrases are usually the same message. One is from someone who needs to be ultra cautious about what they say or else get verbally/physically assaulted, the other usually comes from someone who doesn't have to worry about that.

Shows what you know: I only date women who can kick my ass.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

do you ask how much they can squat first

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Gahhhh I am so tense

The UK visa office emailed today that the spousal visa application was being mailed back to my wife. Theres no indication if it was accepted or not until you get it physically. It should get there Thursday. Im so very on edge

Happy Valentines

• Options

I skulk around the squat rack at my gym. If they can't do at least 250, I don't even bother.

• Options

*rolls up sleeves*
    well hello free dinner

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular

I skulk around the squat rack at my gym. If they can't do at least 250, I don't even bother.

A rose will blush crimson
    A violet won't
    It makes my heart skip
    When leg day you don't

• Options

*rolls up sleeves*
    well hello free dinner

Also I go dutch on the bill.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    @Veldrin honest question, are you not still kind of a dork? Just possibly more lovable and with a bigger beard?

• Options

*rolls up sleeves*
    well hello free dinner

Well good luck paying for your half of dinner because I have your wallet

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So my girlfriend and I have been going out for a few weeks

Zero issues so far, She is rad as hell and we have had a great time.

Our first date she came over and we watched a wrestling PPV and ate pizza. Second date we went bowling got kinda drunk and went back to her place and watched Big Trouble in Little China.

We originally weren't gonna have Valentine's plans since she already made some with friends before we started going out but she had some free time in the middle of the day and I have the day off so she came over and we exchanged gifts and watched Godzilla and ate pizza rolls. I got her a big stuffed dinosaur eating a heart (she loves dinosaurs as much as I do) and she got me:
    yuPjYdh.jpg?1
    a fucking Dragon Ball

Life is PRETTY GOOD, my friends

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So my girlfriend and I have been going out for a few weeks

Zero issues so far, She is rad as hell and we have had a great time.

Our first date she came over and we watched a wrestling PPV and ate pizza. Second date we went bowling got kinda drunk and went back to her place and watched Big Trouble in Little China.

We originally weren't gonna have Valentine's plans since she already made some with friends before we started going out but she had some free time in the middle of the day and I have the day off so she came over and we exchanged gifts and watched Godzilla and ate pizza rolls. I got her a big stuffed dinosaur eating a heart (she loves dinosaurs as much as I do) and she got me:
    yuPjYdh.jpg?1
    a fucking Dragon Ball

Life is PRETTY GOOD, my friends

Have fun getting your shit kicked in every time some aliens come to Earth and want immortality or something.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Nah it's cool, I'm just gonna wear it on my hat

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    (I'm real glad things are going well with this lady, Blank)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

*rolls up sleeves*
    well hello free dinner

This isn't a date: this is a mugging

• Options

*rolls up sleeves*
    well hello free dinner

Doesn't sound like you're having a good time. Lemme get you a cab

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We went to a German hall and had beers and shared a huge platter that had a pork shank, half a fucking chicken, huge kielbasa, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, spaetzle, and spinach dumplings.

At home for a bit before heading to see some bands.

• Options

*rolls up sleeves*
    well hello free dinner

Use my phone to call the police, since you probably took that too

• Options

*rolls up sleeves*
    well hello free dinner

Use my phone to call the police, since you probably took that too

Don't you worry your pretty little head about that, honey. I'll take care of it myself

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Veldrin honest question, are you not still kind of a dork? Just possibly more lovable and with a bigger beard?

I am 100% grown up Sensibleman now.

Straight-edge and no nonsense.

Zero shenanigans allowed on my watch.

Know what this beard stands for? Being Exceptionally Attracted to Ridiculous Dongs.

Bogey on
  • Options
    Holy shit there was still resin left in my bowl

god damn that is a lot of resin

• Options
    goddammit thats where I heard it

The Shitty Beatles was a band from the Wayne's World movie

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Are they any good?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Oh man how have I never had a whiskey sour

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Are they any good?

No, they're terrible.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Veldrin honest question, are you not still kind of a dork? Just possibly more lovable and with a bigger beard?

I am 100% grown up Sensibleman now.

Straight-edge and no nonsense.

Zero shenanigans allowed on my watch.

Know what this beard stands for? Being Exceptionally Attracted to Ridiculous Dongs.

As all the best beards do

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Well it looks like I didn't plan ahead and I missed that I have next Monday off of work, so it would have been a perfect time to visit the long distance girlfriend. But I forgot, and flights are too expensive now. It's not going great for me. In other news, LDR still suck. 2 more years of this, blegh.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Oh man how have I never had a whiskey sour

Shame on you.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I had a burrito and played video games and watched wrestling and my family sent me a care package that was Entirely Too Much Chocolate and if that's how I meet my end well that's just fine I guess

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
This discussion has been closed.