As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Man, my normal hearth is still bound to the Pandaria home city (for world bosses and the portals right there).

I never bothered setting it to Dal because the Dal hearth drops you right near the Horde city section.

There's a Vale portal in Dalaran, so by setting your normal hearth to Dalaran too, you get all the benefits of a Shrine hearth and the extra benefit of a second Dalaran hearthstone, if you need it.

Oh I know, I've used it a few times. Just never felt the need for a second Dalaran hearth point. Come to think of it, I never changed it in WoD either

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    The Paraxis is weird. "Okay everyone go afk for awhile now."

I still don't know what the Paraxis is though i see people here and on guild chat taking about it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    The Paraxis is weird. "Okay everyone go afk for awhile now."

I still don't know what the Paraxis is though i see people here and on guild chat taking about it.

I've only seen it go active once and it's basically the Legion bomber making its run in Antorus and you have to go and find a shield to get under. I think they hotfixed it recently so that you actually can evade it if you keep running, but you can still easily eat a bomb that was aiming at another player.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Rez sickness (and the corpse-running associated with it) and Daze/dismount both feel like ancient dinosaurs of mechanics that just exist for the sake of existing at this point. I'd love to see Blizzard just take them out of the game.

I mean, that leatherworker buff essentially removes daze already, with minimal forethought so yeah, why even bother at this point.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Rez sickness (and the corpse-running associated with it) and Daze/dismount both feel like ancient dinosaurs of mechanics that just exist for the sake of existing at this point. I'd love to see Blizzard just take them out of the game.

I mean, that leatherworker buff essentially removes daze already, with minimal forethought so yeah, why even bother at this point.

I'm not going to lie, I legit forgot I could make that at some point. Probably once I was able to fly :D

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Hmm, Argus doesn't appear over DMF. Not sure if intentional or not.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    demons know not to fuck with silas

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    tmp5TI3.jpg

WTF? I thought they supposedly fixed this shit.

forty on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    lolnah they haven't made any effort to fix that.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Oh oops, looks like your mission success change was only 199.9%, working as intended.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    really don't see why it would be so hard to just flag that number to always round down

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Or better yet, round up the actual chance, because what player has ever failed a 200% roll and thought "this is an awesome gameplay mechanic?"

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The biggest nerf in this patch - the biggest nerf in WoW history - is the one to Outlaw Rogue's Grappling Hook (and according to reddit, sounds like also Warrior's Heroic Leap?). Seems like half the time I try to grapple somewhere, I get a "No path available" error.

Yes, I know.

That's why I'm trying to grapple.

(I mean it might be a bug, and not intentional.)

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Delduwath wrote: »
    The biggest nerf in this patch - the biggest nerf in WoW history - is the one to Outlaw Rogue's Grappling Hook (and according to reddit, sounds like also Warrior's Heroic Leap?). Seems like half the time I try to grapple somewhere, I get a "No path available" error.

Yes, I know.

That's why I'm trying to grapple.

(I mean it might be a bug, and not intentional.)

I noticed it the day of the 7.3 patch, could no longer grapple from the rogue hall entrance from the cheese shop across the water to the mission board. It's awful and I hope it's a bug and not an intentional change to the click-targeted movement abilities.
    Like that's just an example of a place it worked before that it doesn't now, that's not specifically why it's awful, but yeah. It was pretty generous with the pathing check before, grappling hook could even get up onto many roofs and beams and shit that have no valid ground path to at all, that stuff like heroic leap wouldn't let you go to, and now you can't. Supposedly the other click-target movement abilities were affected by whatever changed too, but they were already more restricted than grappling hook as far as I could tell, so I'm afraid they are trying to normalize grappling hook.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    That's where I noticed it, too.

That specific spot accounts for 99% of all my grapple usage.

• Options
    I basically use it on cooldown, all the time, everywhere, it's my favorite outlaw button

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    A non-grappling rogue's DPS is zero.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    All of the ground targeted movement skills are messed up. I'm guessing something to do with how they take LoS into account was changed or started acting differently (not necessarily on purpose).

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    All of the ground targeted movement skills are messed up. I'm guessing something to do with how they take LoS into account was changed or started acting differently (not necessarily on purpose).

Yeah, I'm getting "unable to find path" trying to toss whatever-cap-totem-is-called-now all the time in Tomb.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Oh shit, I didn't even realize there was a cap. I wonder if I had hit it without realizing...

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    the argus waystones going away were actually kind of a bummer, since you could trade surplus into Illidan for more argunite (15 waystones got you 250 argunite)

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Javen wrote: »
    the argus waystones going away were actually kind of a bummer, since you could trade surplus into Illidan for more argunite (15 waystones got you 250 argunite)

once a week
    I assume that was the plan anyway
    maybe it'll get replaced with a quest to do 3 more lessers for the extra veiled shards

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    soylenth wrote: »

I'm not going to lie, I legit forgot I could make that at some point. Probably once I was able to fly :D

I just this last week got flying, so it was vital to carelessly running through everything up until now!

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular

once a week
    I assume that was the plan anyway
    maybe it'll get replaced with a quest to do 3 more lessers for the extra veiled shards
    Blizzard wrote:
    The weekly quests that previously required Argus Waystones will now require players to simply complete three Invasion Points.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    @PROX I believe your role at Blizzard is the art team?

I just want to give you guys a huge props for this chestpiece model

gQhwxh0.png

The collar being attached to the chest or shoulders is something I've wanted for a long, long time. Up until now, collars have always been part of the helmet slot, like this image

PxipZ2h.png

It's always bothered me because many races idle animations involves a lot of head bobbing, turning, and it looks bizarre when a collar turns with the head. Having it attached to a fixed reference point so that the head turns within the collar rather than the collar following the head is SO much better. Thank you!

• Options
  • Options

I got a 910 a few weeks ago after trudging through a Darkheart 17. It's good

• Options
    I've done 1500 M+ in Legion. Darkheart alone is responsible for over 300 of those. I'm so relieved.

• Options
    Wow the tank challenge is rough, pretty much can't stop moving.

• Options
    the challenges are all bullshit and I hate them

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

gQhwxh0.png

The collar being attached to the chest or shoulders is something I've wanted for a long, long time. Up until now, collars have always been part of the helmet slot, like this image

PxipZ2h.png

It's always bothered me because many races idle animations involves a lot of head bobbing, turning, and it looks bizarre when a collar turns with the head. Having it attached to a fixed reference point so that the head turns within the collar rather than the collar following the head is SO much better. Thank you!

Yeah I like that much better. Now if only they could fix the hats that hide my entire hair model when I put them on :3 I think the newer ones have been a lot better about it, but man that always bugged me. I put on a Winter Veil cap and suddenly I'm Sinead O'connor :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Takes a lot of work to not hide the hair models, because helms are entire head replacements most of the time.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Takes a lot of work to not hide the hair models, because helms are entire head replacements most of the time.

Yeah I know :( I do wish there were some special exceptions made for at least a couple. Like the Winter Veil Hats and the fez-like hats are the most egregious I think.

Edit: Looking at pictures, I guess a lot of them look bad still :P
    5812.jpg

Wish there was some way they could say "Hide everything above the brim" :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Warlock82 wrote: »

gQhwxh0.png

PxipZ2h.png

Yeah I like that much better. Now if only they could fix the hats that hide my entire hair model when I put them on :3 I think the newer ones have been a lot better about it, but man that always bugged me. I put on a Winter Veil cap and suddenly I'm Sinead O'connor :P

edit: character team works very hard to work within the engine limitations.

PROX on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah some of the stuff done work armor this expansion is like working miracles. I also remember it being mentioned that the new models opened up a ton of new options for things like that.

• Options

Which challenges do you mean? The ones on Mac'Aree?

• Options
    I'm super impressed every time they manage to texture a piece of armor, instead of just making it a skin overlay

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

Mage tower, i imagine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Mage tower, i imagine.

Oh, yeah, those are hard, and the difficulty is super dependent on what Legendaries you have (e.g. the BM Hunter one is almost impossible unless you massively outgear it, unless you have any of the healing legendaries in which case it's trivial). They're not my favorite design.

This discussion has been closed.