As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Open Recruitment] Dungeon World: Seeking Delvers of the Menank

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I can't do Tuesdays, so I'm signing up for all gigs I can do. I've very excited about the parties getting jumbled and folks disappearing for weeks, coming back to a very different status quo.

Also, i really like the flag leader.
    It's basically you get an exp for letting me make a decision for you. Good or bad.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Is session 4 on Friday or Saturday?

It's Saturday on the RSVP page.

Friday on my calendar. Go to your profile settings and put your time zone in. Should fix that

This is what I was joking about earlier, I think you have the end time wrong?

What I see (On EDT):
    0xuzjsfokgyv.png

That's weird as hell though. It is listed as 3/10 from 8:15-11

Oh wait you are eastern. So it officially ends Saturday morning. So it carries to next day.

PROBLEM A-SOLVE-O

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Ok, seriously? Session 2 spoilers, I guess.
    One room. One. Singular. Containing some weird non-combat crossroads demon person, granted, but still.

What the hell kind of "adventuring" party explores literally nothing new on a delve?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    One room. One. Singular. Containing some weird non-combat crossroads demon person, granted, but still.

What the hell kind of "adventuring" party explores literally nothing new on a delve?
    The kind that completes their job. :cool:

• Options
    If it's got tentacles, is it technically calamari?

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Those two rooms took us two hours, no one died, and we completed our job with minimal damage*, and now I'm sitting on like 121 gold. Howbow da?

*Demon Possession and Blood Sacrifice not withstanding.

• Options
    We had at least one character level up thanks to chain failures.

I think the winner here is pretty clear.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm going to go a while between repopulating the combat areas in order to encourage more exploration stuff. Or else no session will ever get through that hallway haha

• Options
    Eventually, the floor is just going to be permanently sticky with our blood.

• Options
    Eventually, the floor is just going to be permanently sticky with our blood.

Yours, theirs, who's counting?

Working on some fun things that will happen with the traded blood and also the grumblings of the dark ones of old.

Haha wait did those both happen to the same person?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yes...

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    She knew he'd be taken over by the dark old ones! and now we have a way to get his untainted blood to make a cure.. for a large fee! it all makes sense!

I am helping!

• Options

I, for one, blame a distinct lack of Leadership.
    I also really love the reason Zephyr Quinn just focused on the combat encounter isn't because he's a dirty sneak, its we just didn't do much and he's leaving stuff out to make the party sound more cool to prospective clients while getting to the point with the guild. Also not to be that asshole but who actually knows enough about demon possession to have the in character knowledge something is up with Jarl.
    I'm going to go a while between repopulating the combat areas in order to encourage more exploration stuff. Or else no session will ever get through that hallway haha

The buying items part can bog down missions even with far less people. We had six players, two purchasing items sections, and we had to quit 30 minutes early.
    Not dissing the GMing at all, had tons of fun.

• Options
    This is sort of a learn as I go thing because I'm used to how the OG podcast folk did things and this has newer folks and people working to get together as a new team. Tweaking things every session! May just ask if anyone has business to conduct before heading out and roll from there. O just don't want people to feel underequipped I guess?

But yeah if you guys and gals see some stumble points or things I can smooth out please let me know

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »

I, for one, blame a distinct lack of Leadership.
    I also really love the reason Zephyr Quinn just focused on the combat encounter isn't because he's a dirty sneak, its we just didn't do much and he's leaving stuff out to make the party sound more cool to prospective clients while getting to the point with the guild. Also not to be that asshole but who actually knows enough about demon possession to have the in character knowledge something is up with Jarl.

The part I bolded in the spoiler is referring to the shopkeeper, not Jarl.

The bolded bit in your reply;
    I'm a bit confused.
    If you look at your summary again, it looks like it goes out of its way to tell the guild absolutely nothing, while telling everyone else in town how awesome the group was at fighting.
    Did something get edited out by accident? (I've done that before..)
    Did you think the job board was inside the guild hall and that's what the guild was being told? If so, why would you want the guild to go to the shows, but not advertise the shows to the people you're trying to look cool to?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Oh I meant the line “For a more in depth recap, check out my dramatic reenactment 2 times a day! Morning service outside the Church of Menanki, and a dinner show at The Glittering Oasis!” as the ad to the guild.

Also I really wanted to not break in-character knowledge and leave all the magic stuff to folks that actually heard or interacted with it.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Drawing names for tomorrow's session in about half an hour! So go ahead and RSVP if you can!

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Yessss lottery win. Time to figure out which mic /headset is best cause I use them so little. Is the voice through roll 20 or do I need to grab discord/Skype/ whatever the kids use now?

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Voice/Video are through roll20.
    EDIT:Lies!

Oats on
  • Options
    Poor diggerdudethatdigs.
    That's all.

• Options
    So! Uh. We tried discord last time and it seemed to work better and quicker? Once I get home I can post a link to it.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Also not to be that asshole but who actually knows enough about demon possession to have the in character knowledge something is up with Jarl.

Utja knows some things. The real question is what it takes to get her to tell.

• Options
    https://discord.gg/bKbrv

There's the thing. I did the thing

• Options
    May want to put that in the OP, too.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    It's reading as expired for me now.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Updated link I set to never expire: https://discord.gg/GnzheVX

• Options
    AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    I really like Momadin and Father Killian's journal entries--also, I'm just really loving the 'parent' veteran characters chaperoning new members through Menanki.

Will they threaten to turn the group around? Do we get a crazy uncle next session?

• Options
    I think Killian is enough crazy for any uncle.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Allyxia wrote: »
    I really like Momadin and Father Killian's journal entries--also, I'm just really loving the 'parent' veteran characters chaperoning new members through Menanki.

Will they threaten to turn the group around? Do we get a crazy uncle next session?

Renne is definitely starting to develop Some Opinions about certain members of the group.

• Options
    Like "Thrognar is awesome. We should take him with us more often."

• Options
    It's never too late to put a diary on your character wiki and jot little notes about cool/dumb crap other people did! Haha

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Viewers Advisory: Father Killian is a trained (though unhinged) professional. The stunts he attempts are dangerous. Do not try them at home.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Just a little note: I am feeling like absolute ass today. If I end up not being well enough to run, @Oats is on standby with strict orders to terminate adventurers with extreme prejudice

• Options
    *knuckle crack*

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I've made a huge mistake.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    *is suddenly glad she couldn't play tonight* :-P

• Options
    Yea. Sure. Didn't like this character anyway.

• Options
    So then, I guess I'll be memorizing Invisibility rather than Detect Magic so I can just bug the fuck out.
    Sounds good!

• Options
    I choose speak with dead from the beginning. No regrets.

• Options
    I choose speak with dead from the beginning. No regrets.

... is not what your spider-eaten corpse will say when asked.