As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Got 85 tickets to dump on this FFT banner. Probably won't get Orlandeau. Booyah.

How did you get so many tickets?! The most I ever had was like 6

hoarding tickets for months

cid is 2 months late, and the best unit in the game, so people have been saving for him

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm throwing maybe 30 tickets away in vain at it and nothing more. Have to hold onto the tickets for Rikku and Ashe later on.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Got 85 tickets to dump on this FFT banner. Probably won't get Orlandeau. Booyah.

How did you get so many tickets?! The most I ever had was like 6

Been saving them for a LONG time. I've used 2-5 tickets on some banners here or there, but never more than that. Mostly daily pulls for me.

I meant to dump some on Olive's banner but I forgot which day it ended :(

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hum. I'm in a bit of a bind.

Heres my current group:
    Refia
    Cecil
    Noctis
    Olive
    Luneth

Refia is the problem. Shes great, and has dual cast, but I'm kind of married to her because of her cheer effect. If i were to replace her with Y'shtola, id lose a group ATK buff, and since my group is pretty much all physical damage (hybrid for noc), I think i cant lose her.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Noctis has an Atk buff too, albeit a weaker one. Doesn't come with a protectga type buff either.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »

Heres my current group:
    Refia
    Cecil
    Noctis
    Olive
    Luneth

Refia is the problem. Shes great, and has dual cast, but I'm kind of married to her because of her cheer effect. If i were to replace her with Y'shtola, id lose a group ATK buff, and since my group is pretty much all physical damage (hybrid for noc), I think i cant lose her.

Refia is better with dual cast

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular

Heres my current group:
    Refia
    Cecil
    Noctis
    Olive
    Luneth

If that's your main team, it's got good synergy. The thing with Refia is that to maximize her, you need Dualcast, and while her Embolden is a great buff, it's not "do or die" and it's an ability (so she can't heal if it wears off). Against fights where you NEED to heal, it'll be hard for her to take a break, and if it takes you more than 5 turns to kill a boss you may be in trouble!

Y'shtola comes with these key abilities baked in:
    Dualcast
    Camouflage
    Auto-refresh

That means the material and equipment slots can hold "something else." She can also buff your DEF AND cast Curaja in one turn (via Protectga) so she doesn't need to take a break from healing to buff the party's DEF. She also has some interesting other stuff mixed in:

1. She can switch to a relatively beefy mage with Cleric Stance (I think it's 444 base MAG with no equipment, but fully potted?) and can cap a Holy chain
    2. Her LB is a FLAT % reduction for ALL incoming damage.

Her LB means that if you cross a boss threshold, you only need her single LB to cut damage basically in half.

You can hand off the Dualcast you have to someone else, as well. Of course, a lot of top-tier units don't need it because they come with it, but if you use a tank then they can always help cure (but, as noted above, Y'shtola doesn't need as much help with off-healing compared to Refia. For a team like yours, it depends on how much healing you need. If you generally do Embolden > DC Curaja > DC Curaja, boss dies? Yeah, you don't really need a healer as much as the ATK buff.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »

Heres my current group:
    Refia
    Cecil
    Noctis
    Olive
    Luneth

If that's your main team, it's got good synergy. The thing with Refia is that to maximize her, you need Dualcast, and while her Embolden is a great buff, it's not "do or die" and it's an ability (so she can't heal if it wears off). Against fights where you NEED to heal, it'll be hard for her to take a break, and if it takes you more than 5 turns to kill a boss you may be in trouble!

Y'shtola comes with these key abilities baked in:
    Dualcast
    Camouflage
    Auto-refresh

That means the material and equipment slots can hold "something else." She can also buff your DEF AND cast Curaja in one turn (via Protectga) so she doesn't need to take a break from healing to buff the party's DEF. She also has some interesting other stuff mixed in:

1. She can switch to a relatively beefy mage with Cleric Stance (I think it's 444 base MAG with no equipment, but fully potted?) and can cap a Holy chain
    2. Her LB is a FLAT % reduction for ALL incoming damage.

Her LB means that if you cross a boss threshold, you only need her single LB to cut damage basically in half.

You can hand off the Dualcast you have to someone else, as well. Of course, a lot of top-tier units don't need it because they come with it, but if you use a tank then they can always help cure (but, as noted above, Y'shtola doesn't need as much help with off-healing compared to Refia. For a team like yours, it depends on how much healing you need. If you generally do Embolden > DC Curaja > DC Curaja, boss dies? Yeah, you don't really need a healer as much as the ATK buff.

Ring of the Lucii would be pretty neat on Y'shtola, wouldn't it?

I wouldn't mind using Noctis' Link to boost ATK instead of Refia's Embolden, but it's 30% vs 45% and that seems pretty dramatic.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Very nervous atm.. Im trying to get the 100 win streak in arena...am at 93. pls game, do not screw me over with a network disconnect or bullshit invulnerable team.

Suppossedly if you disconnect during a fight now it reconnects you for the arena.. Doesn't help with bullshit invul teams.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Is Agrias good? I have her and she is one of my favorite Tactics characters but I just sort of assumed she wasn't as good as 6 star cahracters

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    During the last week in which Dualcast was banned in the Arena, I ran into an invuln team with three Noctii and two Ling, and their display message was "I exist to end streaks!"

And man, did they ever.

• Options
    Is 6* tillith the best healer in JP? Shes practically covering both healer and support rolls by herself. Shes got a better Cheer, AOE Resist buffs, AOE Status Debuffs, Huge heals, AOE Raise, AOE Heal with Ensuna built in....I just cant think of what someone else would have had to been given to top her.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    She is definitely still used, but Rem and Ayaka seem to get a lot of play, too.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    Very nervous atm.. Im trying to get the 100 win streak in arena...am at 93. pls game, do not screw me over with a network disconnect or bullshit invulnerable team.

Suppossedly if you disconnect during a fight now it reconnects you for the arena.. Doesn't help with bullshit invul teams.

It doesn't always, sadly. But sometimes is better than nothing.

• Options
    Is Agrias good? I have her and she is one of my favorite Tactics characters but I just sort of assumed she wasn't as good as 6 star cahracters

She is good now since she has Full Break, which is a great ability. She will eventually get her 6* upgrade, at which point she becomes a phenomenal physical attacker.

• Options

she is the highest rated 5* unit, and eventually gets a 6^ upgrade which makes her quite good

he enhancements which come shortly later make her queen shit of fuck mountain

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Is 6* tillith the best healer in JP? Shes practically covering both healer and support rolls by herself. Shes got a better Cheer, AOE Resist buffs, AOE Status Debuffs, Huge heals, AOE Raise, AOE Heal with Ensuna built in....I just cant think of what someone else would have had to been given to top her.

Being able to equip shit, stop resist, stop cure, longer buffs, innate dual cast, auto revive, and spells instead of abilities.

Ayaka's got her number. Ayaka's a 5* base though to Tilith's 4*, so it's certainly within the sphere of reason of getting Tilith, not so much Ayaka. Tilith does have an AoE full heal, which Ayaka lacks, as well as those hugely useful elemental resists.

The dual cast thing is the biggest though.

I don't see how Rem competes really though. The main differences between her and Refia (to say nothing of Tilith) are:
    Native dual cast
    Attack spells
    Tilith's (ability) AoE Curaja + Esuna
    ST high auto-revive

Tilith's just got sooooo much more utility than her.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ok so right now my team is:
    Deletia 5*
    Agrias 4* (I need more Heavens Ash and Holy Crystals damn it)
    Cecil 3*
    Refia 4*
    Exdeath 3*

Characters I have in the wings
    Milfina and Thancred, Garland, Galuf, Gaffgarionn Snow, Vanille, Seven, Leon, and Zidane

Is there a solid, updated list of the better characters out there? I found a few but they were either for Japan or vastly out of date

• Options
    Deletia 5*
    Cecil 3*
    Refia 4*
    Exdeath 3*

Milfina and Thancred, Garland, Galuf, Gaffgarionn Snow, Vanille, Seven, Leon, and Zidane

Is there a solid, updated list of the better characters out there? I found a few but they were either for Japan or vastly out of date
    http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

garland is getting his 6^ upgrade very soon, which will be good for you

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Deletia 5*
    Cecil 3*
    Refia 4*
    Exdeath 3*

For the most part, I agree with this.

There are a few things to be aware of there though. It doesn't do a good job of calling out the units that have future upgrades that will become monsters. WoL, for example. His 6* is a monstrous tank/offensive support hybrid, and we should be getting that in a couple weeks. And when Enhancements arrive (probably a couple months), Ramza goes from the bottom of 6* units to the god-bard of defensive support. Other units, like Refia, drastically outperform ones at the same 'level' as them (eg Luka) as soon as you pick up a single copy of a specific powerful TMR. It also slots characters into single roles, where a lot of their real strength comes from being able to take on a secondary role as well (eg Refia's Embolden, Noctis's breaks and sustain, Cecil's healing/Focus) whereas characters like Luneth can only do one single thing.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Deletia 5*
    Cecil 3*
    Refia 4*
    Exdeath 3*

For the most part, I agree with this.

There are a few things to be aware of there though. It doesn't do a good job of calling out the units that have future upgrades that will become monsters. WoL, for example. His 6* is a monstrous tank/offensive support hybrid, and we should be getting that in a couple weeks. And when Enhancements arrive (probably a couple months), Ramza goes from the bottom of 6* units to the god-bard of defensive support. Other units, like Refia, drastically outperform ones at the same 'level' as them (eg Luka) as soon as you pick up a single copy of a specific powerful TMR.

they started pointing out that the numerical rankings are based solely on naked stats, and not tms

I mean, noctis is the best unit in the game right now, even if olive and luneth outdps him, and refia needs dual cast and auto-refresh rings and then just shits over everyone until tillith

• Options
    Is Yun worth leveling? I'm considering this team:

Noctis
    Lightning/Cecil (when tanking is necessary)
    Yun (instead of Chizuru)
    Olive
    Refia

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »

Noctis
    Yun (instead of Chizuru)
    Olive
    Refia

do you have kaiser knuckles and champion belts?

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Everything I've seen regarding Agrias is that her 6* makes her Orlandu lite. Which is a good thing. If you can't get Orlandu, but you have Agrias then you can do some similar stuff. I have two copies of Agrias, so if I don't get Orlandu it's not the end of the world for me. However, I want Orlandu because:

1) I've liked his character ever since FFT. He's Final Fantasy Qui Gonn Jinn / Obi Wan (episode 4), his design is boss.

2) I have an inate distaste for running duplicate units. I just don't like it. I will if I have to, but I like the aesthetics of having unique units.

3) I deserve a good 5* base unit, damn it. I need something that my brother doesn't have. He has Lightning, Noctis, Elza, Marie and Randi, and I've got Yun. I need to the even the score a little.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    Everything I've seen regarding Agrias is that her 6* makes her Orlandu lite. Which is a good thing. If you can't get Orlandu, but you have Agrias then you can do some similar stuff. I have two copies of Agrias, so if I don't get Orlandu it's not the end of the world for me. However, I want Orlandu because:

1) I've liked his character ever since FFT. He's Final Fantasy Qui Gonn Jinn / Obi Wan (episode 4), his design is boss.

2) I have an inate distaste for running duplicate units. I just don't like it. I will if I have to, but I like the aesthetics of having unique units.

3) I deserve a good 5* base unit, damn it. I need something that my brother doesn't have. He has Lightning, Noctis, Elza, Marie and Randi, and I've got Yun. I need to the even the score a little.

she doesn't get nuts until her enhancements, her 6* is just good

• Options
    Deletia 5*
    Cecil 3*
    Refia 4*
    Exdeath 3*

Cecil and Agrias in the same party might be too much tank. Zidane as a character...not so good...his main purpose is to get his TM and give it to a DPSer that needs it.
    look closely at that link above that was posted to see if you might have a dps'er in your list you didnt realize was really good. Getting prime DPS'ers makes a huge difference. I know cause i was stuck getting great tanks and healers, but had no DPS'ers to speak of and it really was stopping me until i had a lucky month of draws.

• Options
    I cannot wait until Ramza gets his enhancements. It'll be nice having a set it and forget it 100% buff/regen/refresh. That way I don't have to worry about juggling buffs on other units. Yshtola would pair nicely with him and I wouldn't need to spend a dualcast on her, so dualcast could easily go to PCecil for additional healing/bar spells when needed.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Once she gets her 6* she's budget Orlandu with more utility

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Noctis
    Yun (instead of Chizuru)
    Olive
    Refia

I could! I have Yun's TMR.

• Options

Noctis
    Yun (instead of Chizuru)
    Olive
    Refia

Then do the thing

• Options

Noctis
    Yun (instead of Chizuru)
    Olive
    Refia

Then do the thing

Should I make 2 knuckles? I can only make one belt.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Looks like Japan just got another FFXIV raid event. Titan this time.

Its raid gacha has all of the units we have now (Thancred, Minfilia, Y'Shtola) except Y'Shtola's much easier to get from points because Yda & Papalmyo get added as top end rewards.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Oh shit the chocobos are the mystery enemies this time? I still have flashbacks of that one river battle where they freaking murdered me.

I remember that battle! Took me quite a few tries.

I have 65 tickets and two 11 pulls to try for TGCid. I had 120+ tickets but blew half of them and 10,000 lapis chasing Olive. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the other half of my horde.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Deletia 5*
    Cecil 3*
    Refia 4*
    Exdeath 3*

Since you don't have many magic users, I'd swap Exdeath for Garland or Leon. You want to chain similar attacks, so melee with melee and magic with magic, is the easiest. Leon's got an attack similar to Agrias which you can use to chain and finish with Delita.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'll definitely toss at least one 11 pull at it, and I've got 25ish tickets after unsuccessfully chasing a number of things, especially Shine, but that's also becomes it's a Mog grind banner. I'm not sure how much more I'd want. On the other hand, there's no other particularly good banners on the near horizon. Trance Terra/Setzer, soon followed by Tidus/Rikku, but Terra's a whopping five Mog grind events away, assuming no extra global ones added in, and Tidus/Rikku are also at least a couple months off. The individual 5* bases during this time are amazing (TGCid, Eileen, Tidus's first appearance with an FFBE event for some reason), but the banners themselves and the TMRs found on them are all pretty blech.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I might just toss my tickets at it, but I dunno if I'll do an 11 pull on this one. I hadoriginally planned to do 2, but I thought I'd have more tickets to go along with it hah.

I think I'm better off just saving for a better TGC banner, Tilith, and Rikku.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Here's the Famitsu page on the Cid event BTW.
    https://app.famitsu.com/20160602_736770/

At least in Japan, apparently chocobos were extremely rare in Pro, but fairly common (~5-10% looks like) in Elite, although you can get yellow, black, or red, which means Elite is hugely more efficient than Pro. It seems from a casual reading that it's going to be fairly similar to the Mana event. If you can one-shot everything, you're great to go. If not, Elite could be pretty rough. That said, we have Noctis, and EVERYTHING (but the first round) is vulnerable to Paralyze... so... the Japan wiki's recommendation is to use Exdeath's LB to basically auto-paralyze the top enemy. Laugh.

E: Cat Lid or Ling (to a lesser extent) would also make it a cake walk if those vulnerabilities remain.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Lets see if the drop nerf, boss buff trend continues for Gumi.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Every day that passes, I thank Gumi for the apparent godprince that is Noctis.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Took a break from TM farming so I could rank xp farm instead (because rank ups also reset raid orbs)

so it'll be awhile before I've really got my Noctis kitted out

I did just draw my second Shine today though

This discussion has been closed.