As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Bestiary League begins on March 2nd

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I think United in Dream is better than +3 for SRS but I haven't done the math on that.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I got close on Izaro's third phase today but my damage mitigation is just not there, with 5.4 K life, MoM and 470 ES. I didn't manage to get rid of all his power charges so that is probably a factor. Hit lvl 88 at least.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I'm running a SRS character on a 4 link

I killed Kaom in Cruel in about 4 seconds. Cruel Izaro took about 3 seconds for each phase. He didn't even hit me. The damage is ridiculous and I'm not even using a +1 helm.

Using a Queen's Decree until I can get an Escape for cheap. Found a Sidhebreath in A4 Normal with 13/15/15 rolls which was nice and a 12% Bones of Ullr 30 minutes later although I'm waiting until I can get good spectres to use those.

My only concern is if I can make this CI viable in HC without a shield since I really like the huge boost to clear speed that Queen's Escape gives. Also Bones of Ullr has low ES. I can get about 240% ES on my level 70 tree which isn't bad.

Other than that this is an easy build to make and doesn't need tons of passives or to get going although it gets a big benefit from every point up until level 90. Commander of Darkness makes resist capping super simple and you can even go Kraityn in Normal instead of passive point. Run a level 1 clarity (on Blood Magic if necessary) for extra damage. Aura aoe helps a lot as do jewel sockets but there are not many 2 point sockets. Although I might ditch Hatred for a Blasphemy Temp Chains setup for tougher maps. I'll eventually run EE CoH Ball Lightning for more single target damage. In the long run a +3 fire skills bow would be a big upgrade.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    If you need Bones I'd suggest corrupting them for +1 gems, using them for your Zombies/Guardian, then just getting more es on your hat.

• Options
    There's that. I've never tried a Guardian on a summoner because you kind of get a

-Zombies
    -Spectres
    -Guardian
    ^pick two

situation going on

I'm leaning toward no spectres in which case Ullr is unnecessary but that's a lot of wasted benefit from the passive tree and Escape. Also I find them annoying to use.

Guardian can also be annoying to use but you can stick it in a 4L with zombies and minion life/ resist supports for pure tankage so it's not a big link hog

I could also skip Hatred and use an offensive or defensive Blasphemy with dual curse but that's losing a big benefit from Commander of Darkness

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Initial guess is that it's a lowlife SRS, unless its +3 bow specific gems?

Caustic Arrow.
    As you might have gathered, I've been on altogether unhealthy MoM infatuation.

My conclusions are that Hierophant is really powerful with Hidden Potential builds and is also very strong with +3 gems style builds, since those builds don't really have easy ways of scaling damage off the passive tree.
    MoM does not give a shit about defensive gear. You can wear all blues and it's not really that much worse than having perfect best-in-slot rares.
    All told the build should come out to around 40k chaos dps in an aoe. Probably can pop up closer to 100k with wither for single targets.

The way it goes, my particular PoE fixation is stress-testing different kinds of defenses to see what really holds up optimally.
    CI doesn't interest me because everybody already knows CI is king.

I did an evasion study way back when, so I'm hanging around Templar these days.
    I'll probably take it easy next league and try out Whispering Ice for the hell of it.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I found a Shavronne's Wrappings, which is really the first time I've found a power unique of that level.
    I bought a level 4 Empower and already have my 6L +3 bow lined up.
    This gun be gud.

Brutal. Caustic Arrow?

EDIT: should have refreshed before posting, whoops

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Damn, first decently priced Death's Door and either they're AFK or trying to bring the price back down (to where it should be IMO).

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Relatedly, my RNG continues:

TvPAWfI.png

Third Intricate Locker, first enchant.

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Yilias wrote: »

TvPAWfI.png

Wow, I haven't seen those boots before. Those are fantastic.

Edit:
    I just had some good luck finally! Turned in a gambler set and got a 35c card and then the next map dropped an ancient reliquary key. I decided to use it and got a cybil's paw, which sucks, but still pretty cool over all.

Aktn Bstrd on
  • Options
    Well, not sure what happened over night but I just got a pair since the price tanked a bit!

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Prices on Death's Door will generally go down when there is an intricate locker, which drops a guaranteed lab unique.

• Options
    I'm happy that the economy is still going pretty well this far along in to the league. More players and such is really helping to keep things rolling.

• Options

TvPAWfI.png

You have no idea how tempting your boots are to me.
    MoM's greatest weakness is susceptibility to degen since only hits are applied to mana.
    That enchant basically also gives MoM regeneration on its two defenses. So I'm sorely tempted to buy it off you.

• Options
    What is the best way to advance in my maps? I think that I have cleared one tier 8 at this point. So far nothing has given me a challenge at this point. For yellow maps I use an alch and run it with whatever mods it gets. White maps I up to magic level and add an extra mod if there is room.

I also would like to work on farming the better maps if I can. I know everyone talks about farming shaped strand. What is so good about that map?

I read a guide that said clear everything from 1-9 for the atlas bonus. Then clear a certain 10 and 11 (I think, I need to reread the guide). If you do that then the only higher maps you get will be shaped strands. Is that about right?

Should I buy some higher maps to boost myself?

• Options
    MoM's greatest weakness is susceptibility to degen since only hits are applied to mana.
    That enchant basically also gives MoM regeneration on its two defenses. So I'm sorely tempted to buy it off you.

There's only a dozen or so boot enchantments. You could probably get it on whatever boots you're already wearing in under twenty runs.
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    What is the best way to advance in my maps? I think that I have cleared one tier 8 at this point. So far nothing has given me a challenge at this point. For yellow maps I use an alch and run it with whatever mods it gets. White maps I up to magic level and add an extra mod if there is room.

I also would like to work on farming the better maps if I can. I know everyone talks about farming shaped strand. What is so good about that map?

I read a guide that said clear everything from 1-9 for the atlas bonus. Then clear a certain 10 and 11 (I think, I need to reread the guide). If you do that then the only higher maps you get will be shaped strands. Is that about right?

Clear everything from T1-10. For T11 complete Excavation, shape your Strand, then use a Cartographer's Seal to remove Excavation. Don't use your T6/7 Shaper Orbs.

From there you can either run Strand forever (clear speed builds) or buy T13s and climb higher (boss killer builds).

I don't know enough about sextants to tell you how to use those properly, but I know there are ways to ensure that you only get 'good' sextant mods.

• Options
    Hmmm, I never knew there was some strategy to atlas map clearing, so I've probably already screwed up my atlas if that's the case when I accidentally ran a vault because I didn't know that maps could upgrade a level from a Vaal orb, but maybe not? It was my only red map I've run. Now I wish I could see the atlas from the website.

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Hmmm, I never knew there was some strategy to atlas map clearing, so I've probably already screwed up my atlas if that's the case when I accidentally ran a vault because I didn't know that maps could upgrade a level from a Vaal orb, but maybe not? It was my only red map I've run. Now I wish I could see the atlas from the website.

Vault's a good map to run because of the cards and the expensive exalts right now. It's only the hyper clearspeed ultra layout dependent builds that want to not run vault and leave all the other T11s and T12s locked out as well. The terrible Underground Sea map can drop in vault, but you can 3 for 1 those in a vendor for another vault.

Most of the atlas shaping strats have only have shaped strand for T11 and nothing or Vault for T12.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I think my build should be pretty good for just about everything once I get a few more pieces. Need a GG sword, The Red Nightmare, and a good six linked Astral Plate (preferably with that 15% phys to cold damage essence mod). For now I'm dealing with my six link lightning coil, so just a little bit of stuff, lol.

I'm looking for a cheap helm swap right now too, since Abyssus seems like a death sentence if I want to try doing uber lab farming.

Saldonas on
  • Options

There's only a dozen or so boot enchantments. You could probably get it on whatever boots you're already wearing in under twenty runs.

Clear everything from T1-10. For T11 complete Excavation, shape your Strand, then use a Cartographer's Seal to remove Excavation. Don't use your T6/7 Shaper Orbs.

From there you can either run Strand forever (clear speed builds) or buy T13s and climb higher (boss killer builds).

I don't know enough about sextants to tell you how to use those properly, but I know there are ways to ensure that you only get 'good' sextant mods.

Thank you for that break down! I will clear everything that I can for now. What is the advantage of running shaped strands?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Strand has a good layout/density with I believe a reasonable boss for most builds.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options

Thank you for that break down! I will clear everything that I can for now. What is the advantage of running shaped strands?

Straight line layout without too many obstructions, not too wide so you can kill most packs quickly without zigzagging too hard on most builds. Two bosses and they aren't too difficult, which matters if you are HC or pushing the ladder, which tend to be the folks who go all in on the shaped strand strat. Also a decent location on the atlas for using the cheaper sextants if that is your jam.

It fairly often spawns the zombies that drop chaos clouds on death though, so watch out for those if you aren't CI, especially as a melee.

• Options
    Savant wrote: »

Straight line layout without too many obstructions, not too wide so you can kill most packs quickly without zigzagging too hard on most builds. Two bosses and they aren't too difficult, which matters if you are HC or pushing the ladder, which tend to be the folks who go all in on the shaped strand strat. Also a decent location on the atlas for using the cheaper sextants if that is your jam.

It fairly often spawns the zombies that drop chaos clouds on death though, so watch out for those if you aren't CI, especially as a melee.

I am running an ancestral warchief build right now. So it shouldn't be too bad for me.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    0n3phej2136a.png

That's a first for me. A level 75 map no less. What do? I can 5L it as of now, but those rolls beg for a divine. Of which I have one at the moment. 11 Blesseds on hand, if that ES roll turns out great but the implicit does not. Let me know what you would do.

Also this Ngamahu Tiki. Good damage, decent life regen, bad life roll. 30c?
    7nvwfdnafg7h.png

Absalon on
  • Options
    Just sell the shavs if you're not using it.
    Turns out that things like 5L's and rolls are rounding errors for anybody wealthy enough to buy one. Just take those into account in your price instead of gambling.

• Options
    Jesus, the Perandus stones for the challenge are 5 ex each. That's actually just insane.

• Options
    I'm putting it at 455 chaos, so that I won't have to six-socket it.

• Options
    I have another question about shaping your atlas for specific maps. Will running higher tier unique maps effect anything? I just had a Death and Taxes drop. If I clear that, will that present an issue if I want to farm Shaped Strand?

• Options
    I have another question about shaping your atlas for specific maps. Will running higher tier unique maps effect anything? I just had a Death and Taxes drop. If I clear that, will that present an issue if I want to farm Shaped Strand?

Clear all the unique maps that you can reasonably do, there's no issue there.

• Options

Thanks for letting me know. I decided to avoid the potential issue entirely by repeatedly dying to the boss.

• Options

Thanks for letting me know. I decided to avoid the potential issue entirely by repeatedly dying to the boss.

Well there are only two certain things in life...

• Options

Entropy and injustice?

• Options
    edited April 2017

Corrupting Blood and Her Mask?

Absalon on
  • Options
    Absalon wrote: »

Corrupting Blood and Her Mask?

Volatiles and bearers

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Dusktoes and Smothering Tendrils

Absalon on
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Shit drops and one-shots.

• Options
    So what's the going rate on Uber Izaro service? I provide the offering and they get the chest loot?

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Offerings are 4C (LHC), so you can get people looking to work on their grinds by giving offering + loot or 6ish C + loot.

Poelab has a 'trade chat' for it as well: http://www.poelab.com/lab-services/uber-wts/

Yilias on
  • Options
    I really should go get my uber lab out of the way, that 100% block applied to spells would help a ton.

• Options
    Does labyrinth have improved currency drops from the 'arcanist' versions of the boxes? I've gotten two Keys and three Ex from them out of 50ish runs.