As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield] - 2042 - Launches Nov 19th

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Im playing BFV and enjoying it, if you want to add me on origin its CorriganX

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Out of 14 games, I'm 2-12. All 12 of those losses were absolute curbstomps too... feels real bad man.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    I am having entirely too much fun running backwards sniper ala bf3/4

That's the revolver as your ranged weapon and the shotgun as your close gun. If its mega distant you use your AP grenade pistol to 'plink'.

Somehow my KDA goes from even to 2-1 when I run this config.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    On PS4, I was in the backseat of a Stuka trying to fend off two Spitfires. They kept phasing in and out / invisible, but their tracers / bullets? They worked. So it was like tracers / bullets flying at us from thin air. I had to shoot where they were originating from half the time to get hit markers.

Kind of annoying.

I am leveling up the Bren right now, but man, I was loving the MG 34. I think this is the first Battlefield game where I like the machine guns.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    On PS4, I was in the backseat of a Stuka trying to fend off two Spitfires. They kept phasing in and out / invisible, but their tracers / bullets? They worked. So it was like tracers / bullets flying at us from thin air. I had to shoot where they were originating from half the time to get hit markers.

Kind of annoying.

I am leveling up the Bren right now, but man, I was loving the MG 34. I think this is the first Battlefield game where I like the machine guns.

I alternate between the mg34 and bren.

34 for holding a point and mowing the lawn.

Bren for pushing the point and bagging the grass.

Apparently the Lewis gun is pretty good but I didnt find it any better then the bren. The bren is probably my favorite right now just because I can get snipers consistently with it I find.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    i got a double head-shot (1 shot two brains) to finish out recon mastery- and if that's not the perfect way to end that assignment, i have no idea what is.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    I need a tutorial on flying fighters, I am getting ripped to shreds.
    canuckont wrote: »

Apparently the Lewis gun is pretty good but I didn't find it any better then the bren. The bren is probably my favorite right now just because I can get snipers consistently with it I find.
    It took me a bit to get used to the Bren, but once I got all the specialization unlocks, it's been doing work for me. Of course, this is also coinciding with learning the maps and learning the flows of them so as to learn where to set up to mow people down based on what points are captured, so that's a lot of it as well.

I unlocked the M30 Drilling last night, but haven't used it yet. I've seen some people using it and it seems solid as well.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I need a tutorial on flying fighters, I am getting ripped to shreds.
    canuckont wrote: »

Apparently the Lewis gun is pretty good but I didn't find it any better then the Bren. The Bren is probably my favorite right now just because I can get snipers consistently with it I find.
    It took me a bit to get used to the Bren, but once I got all the specialization unlocks, it's been doing work for me. Of course, this is also coinciding with learning the maps and learning the flows of them so as to learn where to set up to mow people down based on what points are captured, so that's a lot of it as well.

I unlocked the M30 Drilling last night, but haven't used it yet. I've seen some people using it and it seems solid as well.

Its disappointing. Most of the sites are a little off in rifle-mode- your shot goes a bit higher than you think. Also shotguns are inconsistent as all hell. if they tighten that up and maybe increase the reload speed on the rifle, maybe they have something. Otherwise its a fun situational gun.

the true issue is the 12g auto is a much better shotgun, and your bipoded machine guns can do a much better job or rapid sniping. the drilling just slides into a jack of all trades slot- but inst even average at either role.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    Boy that second recon rifle really sucks, huh? It's so weak... It feels pretty awesome to nail long range headshots in a Battlefield game. Less awesome when that headshot doesn't kill your target.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Boy that second recon rifle really sucks, huh? It's so weak... It feels pretty awesome to nail long range headshots in a Battlefield game. Less awesome when that headshot doesn't kill your target.

The model 8?

It’s not a sniper rifle, it’s a medium-close range high powered semi-auto

2 shot kills to the body in close range is really good

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So legitimately this game has a small thing I’ve wanted for a long time and never gotten. It has the ability to hide in the foliage in the middle of a field. The map with all the yellow flower fields. You can crouch or prone in the middle of that field and hide from people at the edge looking for you.

I haven’t played a game where that was legitimately possible. I really am enjoying my time. Hell even tanks have to go reload!

Loving it a lot on my end.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Elldren wrote: »

The model 8?

i think you nailed it.... model 8 isnt a sniper gun.... its a slow dmr gun.
    The recon guns alternate bolt gun -> self loader (dmr) -> repeat.

@skull2185 theres really good boltguns ahead of you too!

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    ToyD wrote: »
    So legitimately this game has a small thing I’ve wanted for a long time and never gotten. It has the ability to hide in the foliage in the middle of a field. The map with all the yellow flower fields. You can crouch or prone in the middle of that field and hide from people at the edge looking for you.

I haven’t played a game where that was legitimately possible. I really am enjoying my time. Hell even tanks have to go reload!

You know what man- I was so happy when i saw that the yellow field still works (hides you) even on when your enemy is on low settings....

You can belly crawl right up to the fight!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018

DICE had to have hiding in bushes work...how else were they supposed to get a proper PUBG competitor?

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Had an awesome moment where I saw the glint of a sniper and dove in the flowers. I started crawling while I heard a few shots hit nearby, then I crawled away to safety.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

The model 8?

Oh.

Well that would explain its awfulness as a sniper rifle :P

That might actually work with my more aggressive "play the objective" style of recon play, too. Hmm, might pop the scope off that thing and use the irons.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    From watching streams, I hope the Garand behaves in a similar fashion with the Model 8.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I had actually gotten decent with self-loading rifles in BF1. I am terrible in BF V. I am thinking it's due to lower TTK and more automatic weapons.

• Options
    I gotta remember that Jackfrags is inhumanly good, and Im a wet fart at this game, but man he makes that Drilling shotgun look fun.

Also, the non-headshot kill indicators look like skull/penis combos abominations, and I can't unsee it...

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I gotta remember that Jackfrags is inhumanly good, and Im a wet fart at this game, but man he makes that Drilling shotgun look fun.

Also, the non-headshot kill indicators look like skull/penis combos abominations, and I can't unsee it...

Not to discount Jack's above average skill he is no where near "inhuman" , if you want inhuman watch Relaaa.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ReIativity/videos?disable_polymer=1

iRevert on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Ay is there a hardcore mode for this yet?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    So... how do I spot as recon? Q simply does the normal stationary ping.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    it's no longer an active thing, recons just spot targets they shoot

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Then as the assignment to spot people broke? I shot lots of people and haven't moved it at all.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Then as the assignment to spot people broke? I shot lots of people and haven't moved it at all.

Recon -> Spotting Scope -> Look at baddies.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    it's no longer an active thing, recons just spot targets they shoot

I think you can still spot tanks, or at least I get the audio cue but I'm not 100% certain it works.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    This is all subclass-specific, but:

Assaults can spot vehicles by damaging them
    Medics have no way to spot enemies, as far as I know
    Supports can spot enemies they've fully suppressed
    Recons can spot enemies they've shot, use the spotting scope gadget to spot any enemies they look at, and use the flare gun gadget to spot an enemies in a (very small) AoE

Note that the triangle above a spotted enemy's head will only appear if they are within line of sight to a teammate, but they will appear on the minimap for the full duration. Leaving line of sight does not clear the spotted status, so if an enemy breaks line of sight, clears the triangle, then returns, the triangle will reappear if the spotted status has not expired.

DrDinosaur on
  • Options
    iRevert wrote: »

Not to discount Jack's above average skill he is no where near "inhuman" , if you want inhuman watch Relaaa.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ReIativity/videos?disable_polymer=1

Nah, Jack's inhumanly good at Battlefield.

• Options
    So here’s a dumb question. I have an assignment for airborne stuff. How do I play that? I don’t see it in my multiplayer list of stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How does suppression work / what does it actually do? I am digging spotting via suppression, but curious overall as I'm all in on support in this Battlefield.

Hell, I managed to suppress a plane somehow.

• Options
    How does suppression work / what does it actually do? I am digging spotting via suppression, but curious overall as I'm all in on support in this Battlefield.

Hell, I managed to suppress a plane somehow.

Basically just shoot near enough to them that you’re trying to hit them and it will affect their vision/movement. It’s more a team play reward than anything. You get more points when someone kills an enemy you have suppressed because you helped by giving them a debuff essentially.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So here’s a dumb question. I have an assignment for airborne stuff. How do I play that? I don’t see it in my multiplayer list of stuff.

In case anyone else has this question, it’s the first day in Grand Operations mode.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Alright well I ended up getting a nice paycheck this week than I expected so I said fuck it and got the game.

They sure are setting you up for a lofty and touching story line and boy howdy are they not gonna deliver on any of it are they?

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    The Turner SMLE semi auto rifle is civilization. I was struggling to find a gun I was really enjoying but the Turner with a 3x is my jam I have it at level 9 after a few nights of playing with it. It gives me good mid to longish range capabilities and is no slouch up close if I need to spam it into someone.

I'm having a lot of fun with battlefield and I am starting to remember what made me sink so many hours into Battlefield 3.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Alright well I ended up getting a nice paycheck this week than I expected so I said fuck it and got the game.

They sure are setting you up for a lofty and touching story line and boy howdy are they not gonna deliver on any of it are they?

I liked it.

I mean, it's Battlefield, not To The Moon, but still, it was good.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options

In case anyone else has this question, it’s the first day in Grand Operations mode.

Wait, what? I could've sworn we were playing Grand Ops back on the 8th.

• Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

No, I had an assignment that specified Airborne mode. I couldn't find anything saying how to play that mode. I finally discovered it's the first day of a Grand Operation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

No, I had an assignment that specified Airborne mode. I couldn't find anything saying how to play that mode. I finally discovered it's the first day of a Grand Operation.

Ooooohhhhh...gotcha. I should know by now not to comment on threads before I've had my coffee sink in.

Was thinking you were saying that Grand Operations started today.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Wow so nobody picks up downed teammates, huh?

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Wow so nobody picks up downed teammates, huh?

Unless they're in your squad or a medic, they can't. But even if they are medics, there's a 75% chance they won't pick you up anyways.