As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield] - 2042 - Launches Nov 19th

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Also this means everyone’s favorite from early bf1 comes back. Kill trades. :(

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    If anything, it's the bomber kings farming the peasant infantry, not the low TTK for small arms, that make me want to quit.

Although the 30 sec delay really took away my rage for that. The run to the points at the beginning where they’d bomb the line of infantry was just rage inducing. If I’m on a point and get bombed, so be it.

I do wish that they died faster to AA though when getting shot. I mean it’s AA, that’s it’s job.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Although the 30 sec delay really took away my rage for that. The run to the points at the beginning where they’d bomb the line of infantry was just rage inducing. If I’m on a point and get bombed, so be it.

I do wish that they died faster to AA though when getting shot. I mean it’s AA, that’s it’s job.
    On Panzerstorm, I took a Bomber down fast with an AA gun on Monday. Unsure if someone else was hitting him too, it didn't look like it, but y'never know.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »

On Panzerstorm, I took a Bomber down fast with an AA gun on Monday. Unsure if someone else was hitting him too, it didn't look like it, but y'never know.

Ya, Hamada is the one I gripe most about because the planes can literally duck out lower than the players fighting on the plateau. A good pilot in a bomber is only in view of AA on that map for a very very small window of time. Imo if you’re going to enable that, then enable a counter. But open flat maps like panzerstorm give you a longer window of fire time on a plane.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Hottake.

Panzerstorm is a better map than Hamada.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Ok- DONT PANIC.

the TTK fix inst what we wanted but its not terrible.

unintended/ intended side effects.

- Remember how as a recon we were all upset that any class could out range us with bipod hmgs and gewers? That is way over now. bolt guns got a buff by this (good). SLRs stink but is what is (bad, they now act like they did on bf1 medics too small mags for the cost).
    - Shotguns were massively buffed by this. Its harder to get kills period so shot gunners can react and 1 shot you. I love it, and the drilling is DOUBLE buffed as again- the drilling at range is now superior to many other options that insta gibbed you. (cool but i bet they nerf it...)
    - Engagement ranges are much shorter- you live longer, you can get close. Seeing way more melee kills. (toss up)
    - SMGs are sadly even more trash. you own no space. You dont win at range. You don't win in close. What are we? (super bad)
    - Medics - Healing is giga buffed. you live more so healing matters more. (good I guess)
    - Armor matters a bit more- they can secure fast kills.......
    - Emplaced guns still shred you.... so they got buffed.....
    - the magic bullet bug is not fixed. ((SUPERBAD))
    - But over all you have reaction time to being hit.... ((good))
    - But sometimes a kill gets away from you or you trade..... ((BAD))

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Healing is buffed, but their weapons are back to garbage so everyone will go back to not playing medic.

Yay.

=/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    >the wider player base is dying too fast leading to faster churn - meaning players may be getting frustrated with dying too fast that they choose not to log back in and learn how to become more proficient at Battlefield V

So instead we're going to burn the people who actually play and like Battlefield for the potential of getting people who don't

I guess I'll just have to start using guns with higher capacity mags

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Well i guess I'm part of the core base that is doing well. The fact that you should be punished for running in the open is a good thing. Lots of tools to make pushes smoke for one which is an awesome tool. I should destroy people who are all looking away...that's why I moved up in the first place. Now the risk vs reward are much more in line which sucks.

I'm butthurt guys I didnt want a change.

In BF1 I was terrible and just managing a 1 k/d while pto. Guess I'll go back to mediocre.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    Played more

this ttk thing will; be over blown. Its absolutely fine....

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    >the wider player base is dying too fast leading to faster churn - meaning players may be getting frustrated with dying too fast that they choose not to log back in and learn how to become more proficient at Battlefield V

So instead we're going to burn the people who actually play and like Battlefield for the potential of getting people who don't

I guess I'll just have to start using guns with higher capacity mags

If they have stats that indicate people are quitting during their first match, that is definitely something they need to address.

Though I would have focused more on the snipers and the planes myself.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I think smgs are fine

Mostly because I play medic super recklessly and the mp40 is a literal laser you dont have to bother with recoil it has none

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    My suicidal medic routine is to smoke, run in, then hip fire a Suomi until the clip is empty, I run out of targets, or I get cut down by the unicorn Turner SMLE (only one was ever produced for trials), volksturmgewehr, or KE-7.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I think smgs are fine

Mostly because I play medic super recklessly and the mp40 is a literal laser you dont have to bother with recoil it has none

Yeah, can't speak for the rest but it and the Sten are in this weird place where they're surprisingly accurate if you feather it, and easy to keep on target even if you're just holding the trigger down.

if I'm going to complain about SMGs its that the Suomi doesn't have its trademark drum magazine.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    I didnt notice a change to much. I was letting go of the trigger a bit to early for a while then I think I turned in.

Feels similar enough but I'll play some more and see.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Man the MP40 jumps all over for me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The thompson needs the 30 rounder!

• Options
    Man the MP40 jumps all over for me.

This is my issue with all the smgs. Bad control.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I had to quit today because I kept getting miraculously killed by one bullet from across the map by various assault rifles.

Also had a squad of germans camping a fourth floor building behind out team and I went up there and killed three of them before the fourth killed me and then watched as he just pulled up his squad, which made my whole thing feel very meaningless.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    If anything, it's the bomber kings farming the peasant infantry, not the low TTK for small arms, that make me want to quit.

Catching a bomber flat-footed with AA, watching it lazily turn and come at me , under fire constantly shredding it, then blowing me up, is all kinds of stupid.

If I engage a bomber with AA right now, I have to be ready to ditch the emplacement and run for cover if it starts turning at me. Even at absurd ranges with half the scope offset to compensate for bullet drop, it's not enough time.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    there is a craaazy disparity between the emplacements and even a barely upgraded spaag

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    FYI you can complete the tide of war week 2, revive 6 squad mates as anything other than a medic and best squad in the same round!

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever been in best squad, because I am bad at the game. Good thing that one is optional.

• Options
    I don't think I've ever been in best squad, because I am bad at the game. Good thing that one is optional.

I didn’t even notice we got it till I looked at the tide of war progress. We were three British supports with different LMGs and one medic and we just roved the map from point to point like some heavily armed SAS strike team.

Anyone appeared and they were mowed down. It was pretty great and I continue to like the Lewis gun.

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Reddit is going crazy over ttk changes so I hope you're right Mojo.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote: »

how much of that is actually people playing the game, and the internet raging just because it's the internet? The complaints were already in full swing before DICE even announced what the changes were.

253J736.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    WolveSight wrote: »

how much of that is actually people playing the game, and the internet raging just because it's the internet? The complaints were already in full swing before DICE even announced what the changes were.

Even Battlefield youtube personality Westie has been calling this one of the worst patches in Battlefield history.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    WolveSight wrote: »

Even Battlefield youtube personality Westie has been calling this one of the worst patches in Battlefield history.

I saw. It’s hyperbole. He’s playing to a crowd or had decided he hated it yesterday (see his tweets)

Played all day, it’s not bad. It’s not the end of battlefield. It’s not the major earth shaking adjustment people claim
    You should play too. There’s going to be plenty of people with opinions , form your own

My only real gripes-
    Smgs need love. Like now. They are not any worse than launch.... it’s just like we had a buff and this wipes it away.
    Self loaders are inconsistant. Like oddly so. Like dmg drop off is wonky or something. If it’s 3 body or 1 head Andy 1 body we need roof or mag increase or reload speed. Something....

Past that.... seems ok. It’s a solid meh.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I played team deathmatch yesterday, and it was amazing how quickly you become best squad as a medic (especially in a squad of 4 medics :razz: )

I do hope that they fix their assigment descriptions quickly. I’ve had this “kill 7 people with explosives in a round” and I was wondering why my Frag Grenade Rifle and Panzerfaust kills didn’t count.

It’s programmed as “kill 7 people with explosives in one life” :rotate:

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    FYI you can complete the tide of war week 2, revive 6 squad mates as anything other than a medic and best squad in the same round!

Must be again some bugs with detection unless I'm not understanding this properly. Last night, was playing on Aerodrome and I revived more than 6 times various squadmates as an assault or support and for the most time, it would not even register one revive. I ended leaving the game and got credit for a single revive registered under the "quest". It's a bit frustrating.

Reminds me of the last objective of last week (kill someone with a stationnary weapon). I must have killed 8 of them before the game would recognized that I had done one. It's a bit frustrating considering these are "timed" event and I don't have 30 hours a week to play to get them.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Jackfrags " Doesn't seem like a massive change, you do notice it from time to time. Still had fun in my games still felt good, still enjoy it."

Yet the sub-reddits act like dice inappropriately touched a series of people.

To be clear - I'm fine with "I don't like it" because X. crapping all over dice because this is 'the worst ever' or advocating people try to get refunds is lame.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    My 0.98 K/D ratio did not get any worse so that checks out.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    It's a bit frustrating considering these are "timed" event and I don't have 30 hours a week to play to get them.

I don't mean this as some kind of brag, I'm no wonderkid, but I got the first week's challenges done in 4 hours on the first night of it and I got this week's challenges done in 3 hours. Thankfully I didn't have any cases of challenges not completing, but even if I had to do everything 3 times over it still would have only been 9 hours or so

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Guibs wrote: »

Must be again some bugs with detection unless I'm not understanding this properly. Last night, was playing on Aerodrome and I revived more than 6 times various squadmates as an assault or support and for the most time, it would not even register one revive. I ended leaving the game and got credit for a single revive registered under the "quest". It's a bit frustrating.

Reminds me of the last objective of last week (kill someone with a stationnary weapon). I must have killed 8 of them before the game would recognized that I had done one. It's a bit frustrating considering these are "timed" event and I don't have 30 hours a week to play to get them.

Oh yeah. Overall detection on these things is crap.

• Options
    DICE ran some external internal magic server test 4 hours ago. took video and network telemetry from players.

https://twitter.com/DRUNKKZ3?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

This DICE guy has been super vocal and its nice to see.

Also he admits game is now unbalanced... and throws in that this direction may not be kept....

dVad.jpeg

Why do all this in live..... this is what cte's do....

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Jackfrags " Doesn't seem like a massive change, you do notice it from time to time. Still had fun in my games still felt good, still enjoy it."

Yet the sub-reddits act like dice inappropriately touched a series of people.

To be clear - I'm fine with "I don't like it" because X. crapping all over dice because this is 'the worst ever' or advocating people try to get refunds is lame.

Are you sure you're watching the same JF video? Or was this during a stream? Because he does not sound happy with the changes in his video today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS-TCt_aUnI

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Looking at those numbers...I should stop using the Bren Gun for mobile medium to long range work.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    This is weird: I have had absolutely no problem with Tides of War counting on my regular PS4. However, my real-life squadmates, who all have a PS4 Pro. They say it’s because it goes haywire when playing in a squad, but even in a squad I have no problems.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    This is weird: I have had absolutely no problem with Tides of War counting on my regular PS4. However, my real-life squadmates, who all have a PS4 Pro. They say it’s because it goes haywire when playing in a squad, but even in a squad I have no problems.

I had a problem until I qued up through the tides of war menu to play. Solved it instantly.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yeah, this TTK thing is pretty abysmal... I hope DICE dials it back, because this isn't fun now. Well, it's less fun now anyway. The game's not entirely ruined or whatever dramatic junk Reddit wants to whine about, but it does feel less rewarding to play smart now instead of rushing around like this is CoD or something. I flanked two guys with my KE7, and couldn't even kill the first guy before the other one turned to take me out. Should've mowed through both of them =/

On the plus side, they appear to have added the ability to call in V1's in the smaller modes like Domination.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.