As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    As fine as I am with not being able to kit out my squadmates, I really wish I could give Drack a beefed up Krogan Hammer and just watch him work

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    As fine as I am with not being able to kit out my squadmates, I really wish I could give Drack a beefed up Krogan Hammer and just watch him work

I have to admit, I do miss changing out my squad's guns.

Vetra should get a tarantula Revenant.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Tried a couple of multiplayer matches so far, bronze only and it's taking some get using to. Managed an extraction against the Kett, but they are very tough (especially if you have no idea what creature can do what.) Remnants and Outlaws , I have extracted every time so far (and this was with random pubs.)

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Ascendants are hard in multi

when you are the last guy alive

and you have only a Widow.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Looking at multi screenshots

Do krogan look smaller than in previous games or did I make them bigger in my memory?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Looking at multi screenshots

Do krogan look smaller than in previous games or did I make them bigger in my memory?
    They seem the same size to me, personally

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Ascendants are hard in multi

when you are the last guy alive

and you have only a Widow.

If you're on your own, take out everything except the Ascendant first, then you get some space between you and it

A Widow takes out the orb in one hit, and it stands still when it's targeting you

You have time to reload and get one shot off before it gets its shields back up

A Widow headshot takes around half it's life I think

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I think 4 different times now an objective has popped up, I have gone to it only to find that both of the enemies who do instakills for the Kett are sitting right on the point.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I haven't failed a bronze mission with pugs yet, and I don't think it's because of me? I'm not really picking up on that stuff being especially hard though

• Options
    Thoughts on settling planets, just past Eos
    I'm a little worried if we're only going to be settling planets that have been modified by vaults
    What if they go to shit again?

Our priority should be looking for a planet that doesn't need vaults to function

Don't @ me if you've got spoilers from further in the story :P

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I think I've only failed once or twice on bronze in 20+ games, though a lot of partial extractions

I'd definitely say Kett are the hardest

Also, the "devices" money wave is a lot harder than the rest
    At least doing it well
    Even when I feel like we've done it reasonably fast, we only get two stars
    Comparable effort seems to get three stars on every other wave

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    I'm a little worried if we're only going to be settling planets that have been modified by vaults

Our priority should be looking for a planet that doesn't need vaults to function

I'm at about the same place as you
    My impression at this point is that the non-vault planets aren't viable, and it's only the vaulted planets that we believe are viable.

Either that, or the non-vaulted viable planets probably already have intelligent life on it that we don't want to eradicate for our space.

• Options

What I took from it was that the initiative is so starved for resources, they're basically taking what they can get. It'd take a lot longer to scan for, plot routes for, and try to settle these worlds that we have no data on. It's why you're just building outposts focused on research and gathering resources. The top priority now is to finish building the nexus and unfreeze everyone

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think I've only failed once or twice on bronze in 20+ games, though a lot of partial extractions

At least doing it well

Devices for the final objective wave has always sucked. Assassination is usually the easiest.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

At least doing it well

I have yet to get a gold rating on devices while I have multiple times on the others. The time limit does seem to need to be eased a bit.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I've only had a chance to do one multi mission so far, and it was the Kett and we got slaughtered on a device wave. Fiends, ascendants, big glowy fuckers... shredded us.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I finally got to play some last night

got to the nexus
    wow, tann! it's gonna be great when I throw you out an airlock and put Kesh in charge! it's gonna be a real good time!

Shorty on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So it seems that 6 hours just kind of disappeared into this game and I've only just got the ship....it's pretty good. I want to take a picture of my Sarah but Origin doesn't have a screenshot key for some reason which is terrible because she's great and my Dad Ryder is the most handsome man who ever handsomed.

There is a very good chance that I'm going to try to romance Vetra, she's not given met he brush off yet

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    So returning to Eos is pretty cool. Completely optional but there's a lot of great content in there, even in the make work tasks. Highly recommend.

This games open world system is so much better than Inquisition. I loooove it.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    So I only just got done with the first Eos mission but I need you guys to @ me an answer:
    Is there anyone in the crew as funny as Liam? I'm in love with the dude

Also can male ryder romance him?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    So I only just got done with the first Eos mission but I need you guys to @ me an answer:
    Is there anyone in the crew as funny as Liam? I'm in love with the dude

Also can male ryder romance him?
    Pretty sure Liam in the straight female option, and Cora is the straight male

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    If they don't let you swap out your squad's weapons does that mean everyone except you had the same time all game?

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    I really like Liam. His enthusiasm and idealism is really genuine and nice to see.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Habitat-7 spoiler, might be little morbid?
    Why don't we get the N7 helmet?

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

N7 gear
    If you craft the N7 gear later in the research screen, the description will say this was your dad's armor that's been modified for your use

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Ok that's a cool detail I can get behind

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm trying my best with the ps4 controller

but I'm REALLY missing kbam in multiplayer

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »

N7 gear
    If you craft the N7 gear later in the research screen, the description will say this was your dad's armor that's been modified for your use
    I saw that, and decided I'd probably never craft it. For some reason wearing N7 armor when you're not one yourself feels super disrespectful, especially after hearing Shepard talk about it to Vega in ME3

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

N7 gear
    I saw that, and decided I'd probably never craft it. For some reason wearing N7 armor when you're not one yourself feels super disrespectful, especially after hearing Shepard talk about it to Vega in ME3
    Kinda weird they even let you considering that even the codex talks about how hard it is to get. Though there is no Alliance in the new galaxy.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

N7 gear
    It's on the Pathfinder armor too, which I only realized after crafting it. Probably gonna find a replacement pretty quickly.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

N7 gear
    Both Ryders probably would have qualified for the N7 listing at some point if Ryder Sr.'s AI research hadn't obliterated their Alliance careers. Plus, first thing you do as soon as you arrive in Andromeda after 600 years is fight a hostile alien race with technology and tactics no Milky Way soldier has ever faced. I feel like that's an honorary N7 qualification if nothing else.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Imagine the renegade interrupt possibilities if Shepard had a jetpack.

Weaver on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Everything about n7 as a brand feels super forced and artificial to me

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »

I agree that it's been over merchandised to an extent, but it's probably the most effective visual shorthand for identifying yourself as a Mass Effect fan.

Well, that or Ah, Yes... Reapers.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Going back to Eos
    Taking out that Kett observer base felt like it should've been a main mission, because I just shot something like 100 Kett while doing it, and the base itself could surely be turned into a new settlement/research base

GaryO on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

I agree that it's been over merchandised to an extent, but it's probably the most effective visual shorthand for identifying yourself as a Mass Effect fan.

That, and it's a simple and elegant design that doesn't scream "I'm A Gamer"

I'm totally okay with it

The fact that they're trying to get away from the military sci-fi stuff while still keeping that branding around is pretty lame, though

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Eeeehhhhh

I mean, it's worked, I do want one of those leather jackets very badly

• Options
    edited March 2017

N7 gear
    Both Ryders probably would have qualified for the N7 listing at some point if Ryder Sr.'s AI research hadn't obliterated their Alliance careers. Plus, first thing you do as soon as you arrive in Andromeda after 600 years is fight a hostile alien race with technology and tactics no Milky Way soldier has ever faced. I feel like that's an honorary N7 qualification if nothing else.
    Scott maybe, but Sara canonically joined the Systems Alliance as a Prothean researcher. Most of the combat training she gets comes informally from her dad. She's closer to a Liara than a Shepard

Javen on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

That, and it's a simple and elegant design that doesn't scream "I'm A Gamer"

I'm totally okay with it

The fact that they're trying to get away from the military sci-fi stuff while still keeping that branding around is pretty lame, though

What do you mean by that? That they shouldn't keep selling N7 stuff now that andromeda is out? Or that the initiative symbol is pretty N7 stylized, but I don't think that's particularly notable.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

N7 gear
    Scott maybe, but Sara canonically joined the Systems Alliance as a Prothean researcher. Most of the combat training she gets comes informally from her dad. She's closer to a Liara than a Shepard

I'm not sure about your Ryder, but my Sara with the soldier background just worked as a peacekeeper who was assigned to guarding a prothean dig site, and she thought it was cool.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
This discussion has been closed.