Options

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    The problem with Pence is that he'll likely actually be able to govern.
    Yeah, the right and Centrists (UGH) will start going "everything is okay now!"

Too many started going "everything is okay now" for like 24 hours after Trump gave that speech where he actually used teleprompters.

That was truly worrying. Suggests that the memory of so many is literally a day.

Go luck up the correlation between gas prices and people buying SUVs. People have no memory at all.

um i think the correlation is the exact opposite of what you're implying

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I think my favorite part of the Neuromancer PC/C64/etc. video game was the Irish racism chip.

Like there was an actual chip that enabled you to speak to cops more Irishly.

It had actual upgrades. Upgrading it to like 2.0 or 3.0 actually gave you more Irishy comments.

"Sure and begorrah" was actually in one of them.

To top it off, I think they were in a goddamned Donut Shop.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Aunt May being like spinster age in the spiderman comics never made sense.

Do they ever mention her age? Outside of her being "Aunt Hottie"?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Miki Agrawal, the co-founder of Thinx — a company that makes “period underwear” — doesn’t think much of boundaries. “I just love the taboo space,” she told New York last year, of her mission to (profitably) destigmatize menstruation. And in a promotional video for the product, she said, “My favorite thing to talk about are the things you’re not supposed to talk about.” According to a complaint filed late last week by a former employee (and echoed in interviews with multiple current and former employees), those things have included: the size and shape of her employees’ breasts, an employee’s nipple piercings, her own sexual exploits, her desire to experiment with polyamory, her interest in entering a sexual relationship with one of her employees, and the exact means by which she was brought to female ejaculation. Her alleged boundary-breaking in the workplace isn’t just verbal. Per the detailed complaint, filed with the City of New York Commission on Human Rights, Agrawal also touched an employee’s breasts and asked her to expose them, routinely changed clothes in front of employees, and conducted meetings via videoconference while in bed, apparently unclothed. (She also is said in the filing to have shared nude photos of herself and others — “including but not limited to her fiancé” — with staff.) At least once, she supposedly FaceTimed into a meeting from the toilet.

The complaint, brought by Chelsea Leibow, the 26-year-old former head of public relations at the company — whose distinctive Thinx PR emails acquired some renown — also describes a culture of fear and a pattern of ageism, in which members of the mostly female, mostly 20-something staff were routinely referred to as “children,” with the few employees in their 30s tagged “nannies.” The filing — which also names the company’s COO and CFO, for their failure to address repeated complaints about Agrawal’s behavior — comes on the heels, just over a week ago, of Agrawal’s leaving from her post as CEO (as first reported in Jezebel) and the publication of an article in Racked that made clear that, despite the company’s feminist branding and mission, the women who worked there felt exploited by low pay and substandard benefits. The complaint notes that the only two employees who had evidently successfully negotiated higher salaries qwere men.

This story just goes on and on. Miki seems to have a major case of being an asshole.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/03/thinx-employee-accuses-miki-agrawal-of-sexual-harassment.html

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Haha

They're gaslighting this poor statistics person in this PoI episode.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    I am fine with Marisa Tomei playing any role in any movie.

the next avengers should have her playing every role, except Thanos

Thanos should be Tilda Swinton

I'm sure Marisa Tomei is a wonderful person.

Horrible casting choice for Aunt May though. I'm never going to be able to look at her without going "that's not Aunt May, that's an actress"

I liked the choice because honestly old lady May was played, lets have some sexy middle aged May.

Going by this logic Peter parker should be an old man played by Clint Eastwood.

But I would watch this movie!

Old Man Spider-Man

Well, Old Man Logan made the switch to the big screen well, so I'm guessing there's at least one person in the industry wondering if Reign could work too.

(It wouldn't)

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    God this is so mean, he'll go insane.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Horrible casting choice for Aunt May though. I'm never going to be able to look at her without going "that's not Aunt May, that's an actress"

I liked the choice because honestly old lady May was played, lets have some sexy middle aged May.

Old Man Spider-Man

Wasn't this basically the premise of Spider-Man: Reign

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Garfield just says what we're all thinking!

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Like seriously.

latest?cb=20150820184738

what's wrong with this?

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Old Man Spider-Man

Well, Old Man Logan made the switch to the big screen well, so I'm guessing there's at least one person in the industry wondering if Reign could work too.

(It wouldn't)

I'm not a comic guy but isn't Logan markedly different from the comic?

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

The old "do I eat the potato or make whiskey out of it" dilemma

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

This is actually true

• Options
    Like seriously.

latest?cb=20150820184738

what's wrong with this?

wait i thought you were against making her fuckable

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Miki Agrawal, the co-founder of Thinx — a company that makes “period underwear” — doesn’t think much of boundaries. “I just love the taboo space,” she told New York last year, of her mission to (profitably) destigmatize menstruation. And in a promotional video for the product, she said, “My favorite thing to talk about are the things you’re not supposed to talk about.” According to a complaint filed late last week by a former employee (and echoed in interviews with multiple current and former employees), those things have included: the size and shape of her employees’ breasts, an employee’s nipple piercings, her own sexual exploits, her desire to experiment with polyamory, her interest in entering a sexual relationship with one of her employees, and the exact means by which she was brought to female ejaculation. Her alleged boundary-breaking in the workplace isn’t just verbal. Per the detailed complaint, filed with the City of New York Commission on Human Rights, Agrawal also touched an employee’s breasts and asked her to expose them, routinely changed clothes in front of employees, and conducted meetings via videoconference while in bed, apparently unclothed. (She also is said in the filing to have shared nude photos of herself and others — “including but not limited to her fiancé” — with staff.) At least once, she supposedly FaceTimed into a meeting from the toilet.

The complaint, brought by Chelsea Leibow, the 26-year-old former head of public relations at the company — whose distinctive Thinx PR emails acquired some renown — also describes a culture of fear and a pattern of ageism, in which members of the mostly female, mostly 20-something staff were routinely referred to as “children,” with the few employees in their 30s tagged “nannies.” The filing — which also names the company’s COO and CFO, for their failure to address repeated complaints about Agrawal’s behavior — comes on the heels, just over a week ago, of Agrawal’s leaving from her post as CEO (as first reported in Jezebel) and the publication of an article in Racked that made clear that, despite the company’s feminist branding and mission, the women who worked there felt exploited by low pay and substandard benefits. The complaint notes that the only two employees who had evidently successfully negotiated higher salaries qwere men.

This story just goes on and on. Miki seems to have a major case of being an asshole.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/03/thinx-employee-accuses-miki-agrawal-of-sexual-harassment.html

Man the new bosses seem just as bad as the old ones.

Alternate post.

I've seen these videos...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Like seriously.

latest?cb=20150820184738

what's wrong with this?

Not to trivialize, but this seems like a weird hill to die on.

I mean, I admit I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm not sure I actually understand the problem. Marisa Tomei isn't a 20-something. She's an older lady. Yes, she is a beautiful one, but she is not some buxom youngster that totally reimagines the aesthetic concept of Aunt May. I don't see this as an example of casting hottie totties in roles that should have otherwise gone to an older gentlewoman.

edit: I mean an older Aunt May looked like a younger Aunt May once. She was just May at some point. Or Miss May. Or whatever.

Drez on
  • Options
    Joe Biden has Joe Bidened the Joe Biden meme :(

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Like seriously.

latest?cb=20150820184738

what's wrong with this?

Nothing. But there's nothing wrong with younger May either. Why is that bad?

Like, can spider-man not be different ages either? Or black? What's wrong with a little change?

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Joe Biden has Joe Bidened the Joe Biden meme :(

It was going to happen sooner or later

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Like seriously.

latest?cb=20150820184738

what's wrong with this?

She looks like she's in her 70s. And she stays that age. Like how old were peter's parents supposed to be?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Also this kid got in one car race and his mom sent him to live with his dad...in JAPAN?!

What

• Options
    Like seriously.

latest?cb=20150820184738

what's wrong with this?

She looks like she's in her 70s. And she stays that age. Like how old were peter's parents supposed to be?

How old is Aunt May in Civil War supposed to be?

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Like seriously.

latest?cb=20150820184738

what's wrong with this?

Well she's his aunt, not his grandmother. Tomei was 50 (51?) when it was filmed.

Makes sense to me.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    look she just looks like a two year old she still has all the wisdom of a 70 year old woman
    top-25-unrated-extended-films-20110506050044062.jpg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    this is the [chat]iest argument

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    some lady at my job yesterday tried to womansplain judaism to me yesterday

i pooped everywhere in a rage

was it butt pees tho

naw thankfully i ain't butt peed too much this year so far

Tell me, chu, how much do you miss my giant cyber toilet?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    This is the ideal Aunt May body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

b8VwSWY.png

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Also this kid got in one car race and his mom sent him to live with his dad...in JAPAN?!

What

Are you only skimming? It's made clear that he's a problem child and she can't handle him anymore, that this is only the straw that breaks the back

So she sends him to his (military) dad, hoping he'll impart discipline

• Options
    He got in one little race and his mom got scared and said "youre movin in with your dad down in tokyo square"

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    bowen wrote: »
    some lady at my job yesterday tried to womansplain judaism to me yesterday

i pooped everywhere in a rage

was it butt pees tho

naw thankfully i ain't butt peed too much this year so far

Tell me, chu, how much do you miss my giant cyber toilet?

v much

My days are without song, now

• Options
    Im aunt may

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

What

The plot line has lots of twists and turns, you should probably be watching more attentive.

It's by far the most complex of the series.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Civil War Aunt May is the active senior we expect in these trying times!

• Options
    Im 34

• Options

What

Are you only skimming? It's made clear that he's a problem child and she can't handle him anymore, that this is only the straw that breaks the back

So she sends him to his (military) dad, hoping he'll impart discipline

He was Zero Cool. He crashed 1,507 muscle cars in one day.

• Options
    Wait Lil' Bow Wow changed into Bow Wow?

This is amazing.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Im 34

You could be Aunt May!

• Options

What

I mean did you miss the part where they have to keep moving towns because he gets into trouble wherever they go, and sending him to live with his dad in Japan is part of a deal she made to keep him out of juvey this one last time

I'm not saying it's the most ideal nor "realistic" logic, but the movie does adhere to a certain internal consistency, inasmuch as any Fast and the Furious movie does

just sit back and enjoy the drifts

This discussion has been closed.