Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Sara's out and Scott free; tag your spoilers.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I can't progress in SP because I'm stuck playing one more Quick Match, and then another... Send help.

All this because I opened Krogan Engineer. Incinerate + Overload AND headbutts, the kit has it all. She's also a female Krogan, complete with what looks like lip gloss.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I can't progress in SP because I'm stuck playing one more Quick Match, and then another... Send help.

All this because I opened Krogan Engineer. Incinerate + Overload AND headbutts, the kit has it all. She's also a female Krogan, complete with what looks like lip gloss.

Look, how else would you know she's female?
    kyzwta8bjruu.png

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Drack's loyalty mission cracks me up when
    the younger Krogan does a secret service dive in front of Drack to save him from a bullet

Normally of course this would result in a tragic death, but this is a Krogan storyline, so he's just like

Oww, that hurt. I mean, I'm totally fine, it's just one bullet, no biggie, it just really stung!

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Confirmed, N7 Valkyrie is as terrible as it was in ME3 and the N7 Piranha is just as awesome!

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    ... I was standing next to the Research thingie on your ship.

Drack was talking to me. (I have subtitles on)

... I havent even landed on Eos on this particular save (Landing on Eos is also the furthest I've ever been) and I have never even seen Drack yet or have any idea where you get him.

The fuck.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Combos cause explosions that do damage and tend to stun all the stuff around. I'm not sure why everybody likes Singularity for priming. Pull is on a much shorter CD, can be curved and works great with Charge.

Annihilation is pretty swank for MP but you need to be very close to prime with it and it increases cooldowns on all your other powers (like Charge). It can be fun times but has some trade offs.

Singularity seems to prime enemies with shields and armor, as long as they're "caught" in the radius, whereas Pull does not.
    hippofant wrote: »
    So, after eos I did
    voeld, and then, when the planet was at 100% viability I had an encounter
    with an architect. I killed it, but because it was 4 am Friday night I missed the item it dropped... What did I miss? Haven't played much after that, should I just kill that thing again?

From what I saw on a stream, it spawns a container, so might still be there if you re-load and return to the same location. It worked for said streamer, though they did not leave the game, just fast-traveled.

Can you tell me in spoilers what was in the container?

Nope! Sorry! Went too fast for me.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Sirialis wrote: »

... I havent even landed on Eos on this particular save (Landing on Eos is also the furthest I've ever been) and I have never even seen Drack yet or have any idea where you get him.

The fuck.

Yeah, if you don't do a full restart of the game, the new game state gets corrupted from the previous game state.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

The fuck.

Yeah, if you don't do a full restart of the game, the new game state gets corrupted from the previous game state.

I though it had something to do with characters with the same name..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

The fuck.

I though it had something to do with characters with the same name..

Probably safe to assume both problems exist.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    For fucks sake, I havent even met Drack yet on any character, I also already did a full restart once (and deleted every savefile) already due to bugs, guess I'll have to do it again...

This is pretty disappointing, is this really the state of "AAA" games these days? Even Ghost Recon that had plenty of minor buggy shit is nowhere as bad as this.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    the game is hanging up on my Xbone, right when Jaal joins your team as an envoy and you do the walk through the town. It's happened twice now and sits on that load screen with the menu music and the white and red disc forever and I don't know what to do.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    *approaches compound, gets fired upon immediately... engages combatants kills them.*

"More bots, these don't seem hostile."

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Hm, I had been having a pain-free experience, but I just got to the end of the mission with the seismic hammers on Eos and...yeah.
    The Architect comes out,

I die because I'm figuring out the fight, load from last save, try to start the fight again and...the game isn't crashed, but it's no longer responding to user input, so I force-close it and have to restart the whole game to restart the encounter. I might just have to let this one go until it gets fixed.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    finnith wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So I have two quests that are bugged right now. On Eos I'm supposed to be putting some seismic hammers down and when I approach the nav point to place the second one, it automatically switches to a different objective to meet some people... that aren't there.

And on Voeld I have to also meet some people, who are not at the nav point.

I had this same problem for the hammers. I came back later (so reloading the map and restarting the game) and they were there that time. Have fun with that one.

And a tip to @Strikor and any others who are struggling on the bases, you should be constantly moving forward, especially when there's an alarm that needs to be turned off as the "incoming reinforcements" SAM mentions are infinite and will spawn out of thin air throughout the map, including areas you have cleared (i.e. even a few feet behind you in some cases!). Note that the final fight follows a mechanic similar to the main objective on Voeld.

Yeah I turn off the alarm first thing (tactical cloak cheese ftw) yet it still seems to keep spawning invisible enemies both outside and inside the base. Everything will look good then suddenly I'm being shot by an invisible Chosen 3 feet from me.

...I'm gonna need a Reegar.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Hm, I had been having a pain-free experience, but I just got to the end of the mission with the seismic hammers on Eos and...yeah.
    The Architect comes out,

I die because I'm figuring out the fight, load from last save, try to start the fight again and...the game isn't crashed, but it's no longer responding to user input, so I force-close it and have to restart the whole game to restart the encounter. I might just have to let this one go until it gets fixed.

That very difficult multi-stage boss fight naturally does not have any checkpoints.

• Options
    The Architect comes out,

That very difficult multi-stage boss fight naturally does not have any checkpoints.

It also seems tailor-made for not-Vanguards. All I've got is a Carnifex for long-range firepower, and given the AoEs you need to avoid...

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I deleted all my savefiles, made a new Ryder, triplechecked that his filenames didnt say something like "Scott Ryder(1)" which has given me a fair few bugs before.

Should be all good, I guess... Oh, whats this? 10 minutes into the game, still spoilering the images just to be sure.
    UQiFg0O.png

gikaYdM.png

Habitat 7 apparently either got pitch black or someone forgot to open the front space window and we are looking at a closed window shutter. (I reloaded the save before this part twice, same thing happened both times)

... I'm just going to delete and reinstall everything, will it improve things? Doubt it, cant hurt though.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Got tired of the 5-minute face I made a long time ago that looks like Hot Dog from BSG and restarted as a FemRyder with a well-made face (that nonetheless scrunches up weird in some scenes because lol animations), realized I have to do everything over again, and switched back.

Help us Gibbed, you are our only hope.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    The Architect comes out,

It also seems tailor-made for not-Vanguards. All I've got is a Carnifex for long-range firepower, and given the AoEs you need to avoid...
    The architect is actually much closer than it seems.. I could reach him with a shotgun easily, but it was still a hard fight as a lvl 20 soldier on normal

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Also, on an unrelated note, (funny mail spoiler, if you want to find out for yourself)
    how about that fornax subscription

dTNvj6w.jpg

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    I edited myself 100 omni-gel smears decryption keys so of course the game decided to just go ahead and reset that to 0 without me realizing.

Well played, jerks.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Those keys are just for skipping Sudoku right?

So I can safely sell them for fat stacks because I'm great at sudoku?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Rami wrote: »
    Those keys are just for skipping Sudoku right?

So I can safely sell them for fat stacks because I'm great at sudoku?

Yeah I love space sudoku. The varying shapes give it a nice touch:

Edit: I also have names for all the little symbols.

man with the hat
    gemstone
    fat man with fat hat
    the street
    the broken square
    the little corner

Makes me feel like a regular old Space Indiana Jones

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Whoops wrong thread.

dporowski on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but what is the max skillpoints in MP without the extra cards from packages? I'm sitting at lvl 12 with my Asari Adept and need to start actually planning what to do with my last points.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    finnith wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So I have two quests that are bugged right now. On Eos I'm supposed to be putting some seismic hammers down and when I approach the nav point to place the second one, it automatically switches to a different objective to meet some people... that aren't there.

And on Voeld I have to also meet some people, who are not at the nav point.

I had this same problem for the hammers. I came back later (so reloading the map and restarting the game) and they were there that time. Have fun with that one.

And a tip to @Strikor and any others who are struggling on the bases, you should be constantly moving forward, especially when there's an alarm that needs to be turned off as the "incoming reinforcements" SAM mentions are infinite and will spawn out of thin air throughout the map, including areas you have cleared (i.e. even a few feet behind you in some cases!). Note that the final fight follows a mechanic similar to the main objective on Voeld.

Yeah I turn off the alarm first thing (tactical cloak cheese ftw) yet it still seems to keep spawning invisible enemies both outside and inside the base. Everything will look good then suddenly I'm being shot by an invisible Chosen 3 feet from me.

...I'm gonna need a Reegar.

I might just restart the game if you haven't already. If you have I'm not sure what to tell you as I wouldn't want to fight those Ascendants if they were invisible. Just ignore the enemies and run to the Core/Command Centre as SAM directs you. Once the door closes behind you you'll only have the enemies in that room to deal with (which I hope will be visible). Note that the game only checkpoints you right before the alarms.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I can't dispatch missions because I keep getting a disconnection error and it's very frustrating.

That said, the sound of deploying a probe is like the most satisfying thing ever.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    I edited myself 100 omni-gel smears decryption keys so of course the game decided to just go ahead and reset that to 0 without me realizing.

Well played, jerks.

Make sure you're hitting all memory locations. I have yet to see a variable that doesn't exist in at least two places. 'course, I haven't tried to give myself more decryption keys yet.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Okay, so I have now actually been to Kadara and I take back what I said. The Nexus is better off without these Mad Max wannabes.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Can you all please spoiler stuff that has anything to do with the story?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So the battle music in this game reminds me of a song from The Greasy Strangler, a movie that is... well. A movie.

Are the placements of non-storycentric things on the maps randomized? I got killed and when I reloaded the checkpoint and went back to the same location, everything was gone (enemies, the device, etc)... just the same wreckage/ruin.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So the battle music in this game reminds me of a song from The Greasy Strangler, a movie that is... well. A movie.

Are the placements of non-storycentric things on the maps randomized? I got killed and when I reloaded the checkpoint and went back to the same location, everything was gone (enemies, the device, etc)... just the same wreckage/ruin.

Some of the task stuff feels randomized. Actual story stuff not so much.

I think I'm getting close to the end of the game. Still really enjoying things!

Major story spoilers for when you've cleared all the colony planets...

I admit I didn't expect your mom to still be alive, I hope we figure out who the benefactor is, his surprise at the reapers would point away from it being the illusive man, but maybe? I dunno iniative seems to successful for one of his projects...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    I will never get tired of the Mattock exploding Kett heads

• Options
    GaryO wrote: »

I'm a big fan of the valk with a sidewinder back up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Also as a heads up, the colony exp caps, so you can't get all the perks. I dunno if you can get more in a new game +? But be aware you can't get everything.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Also as a heads up, the colony exp caps, so you can't get all the perks. I dunno if you can get more in a new game +? But be aware you can't get everything.

On the positive side, most of them seem pretty trivial.

I wish the tooltips presented actual numbers and generally more details so I wouldn't have had to discover first hand just how trivial they are.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    As a note for anyone who, like me, spent a very long time trying to find it, you deconstruct things by going into your inventory and hitting X on the item.

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I wish the starting humans in MP were a touch more customizable in terms of powers. I know why they are not but... I dislike playing aliens for some reason.

Game is mass effect for sure. I love the mobility makes fight much more interesting.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    GaryO wrote: »

The head shot sound is so very satisfying

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Voeld question:

I found the
    angaran AI
    in the cave and
    chose to spare her and give her to the angarans, because she sure as shit doesn't seem trustworthy to risk with SAM. Do any of these choices actually matter?

This discussion has been closed.