As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] Your game completion wasn't fast enough for your wounded backlog.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    signature.png

1 more day. Just in time for friday night gaming fun.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    xiears wrote: »
    header.jpg?t=1490630789

Guys, let me tell you about Stories Untold

It's an episodic game in 4 short parts, all of which are playable now, and each about 30 mins long. It's kind of a text adventure with a dash of point and click? It plays hard on nostalgia, using 80's tech such as tape readers and microfiche to tell its story. And it's fucking unnerving as hell.

In the first episode, you play a character seated at a desk with an 80's style computer with a tape of "The House Abandon" in it, a lovely text adventure. And, annoyingly, that's about all I can say without spoiling anything. The good news is the 1st episode is available as a demo on Steam. Play it. It's only 30 mins long. Go on. Right now.

The second has you performing an experiment in a facility, guided by a scientist over the radio and via a terminal. This felt a little SCP-like, with some Quatermass thorwn in (but that might just be the old tech + British scientists).

I'm about the start the 3rd, I'll let you know how it goes.

The one downside I'd level at it is the opening is a bit too close to Stranger Things' intro to be a coincedence. It feels a little out of place tonaly with the rest.

As is customary with these posts, there's a giveaway. PM me the spookiest thing you've seen/heard/felt/experienced, and a random pick will get a copy of the game. It can be anything, something you saw in a movie/played/whatever. I'll pick a winner 9pm GMT on the 28th.

So, "The House Abandon" is amazing. If anything, it is worth a free try.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    signature.png

1 more day. Just in time for friday night gaming fun.

This is a fun little game; it's short, but it's more of a score attack thing with interesting music.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Yoo so flinthook remains super awesome. I managed to down the second boss just barely. Was super intense and moments like that just make me fall in love with a game.

How much interest would there be in having a thread about it? Would hate to clog up the steam thread with discussion but i can't find any one place where people discuss it ( but see stuff about it in a bunch of chat threads).

I think at this point, it needs to be done.

Ok then, here you go

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    I'm a bit conflicted. How people around here fell about the culling? I've played a bit, since it's free right now, and I'm enjoying it A LOT buttttt, there is a lot of negative reviews and the game might only be alive cause of the free weekend, so I don't know if I should buy it

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Risk of Rain loading a black screen for anyone else?
    Edit: only in full screen, alt-enter had it working in windowed

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Anybody here ever spent money on keys from DLgamer?

Isthereanydeal links to them so I'm assuming they're okay but I always like to get second, third and fourth opinions about sites I haven't bought from before.

They got steam keys for Dark Souls II at $9.60

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I bought The Elder Scrolls Online through 'em without issue. Wasn't a Steam key, but still.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Isthereanydeal links to them so I'm assuming they're okay but I always like to get second, third and fourth opinions about sites I haven't bought from before.

Dark Souls II, or Scholars of the First Sin?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    GoldenbarqsGoldenbarqs Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    My wife was playing a lot of The Curious Expedition a while back. Seemed neat.

I think it's pretty great. They also recently added a new biome, as well as a couple new explorers, items, and such. They're apparently looking at adding achievements and modding next? I love this game.

Also, finally, after 2-3 hours and two separate trips to the hardware store, I have my new computer up and running. I am excited to finally start knocking some things off my backlog that were running clunkier with a CPU from 2009.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    If my calculations are correct, tomorrow is the day they will charge you for next month's Humble Monthly bundle if you're a monthly subscriber. Just a heads up in case some people out there want to unsubscribe before it's too late.

Good reminder. I'm not subscribed so I can't confirm but if you go into your Humble account settings or whatever, possibly under subscriptions, it tells you the exact date that you are going to be charged.

Though the page does say you still have a week if you wanna jump in. I guess it's for new subscribers?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Dark Souls II, or Scholars of the First Sin?
    Scholars of the First Sin.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    42yCHQU.png?1

Thank you @Stabbity Style for World of Goo!

• Options
    If my calculations are correct, tomorrow is the day they will charge you for next month's Humble Monthly bundle if you're a monthly subscriber. Just a heads up in case some people out there want to unsubscribe before it's too late.

Good reminder. I'm not subscribed so I can't confirm but if you go into your Humble account settings or whatever, possibly under subscriptions, it tells you the exact date that you are going to be charged.

Though the page does say you still have a week if you wanna jump in. I guess it's for new subscribers?

Yeah, the way the monthlies work is that they release the games on the first Friday of every month, but charge the subscribers for it the previous Friday. And, like you said, prospective subscribers have until that first Friday of the month to subscribe and get the bundle.

I'm curious if there will be more or less games in next month's bundle since they gave us two early unlocks instead of the usual one. I wasn't thrilled about Dirt Rally, but I was happy to get INSIDE. Just need to play it!

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Dark Souls II bought.

I'm not sure what its like to play Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 back to back but its going to be an interestingly masochistic experience.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    The fun thing about just owning a PS4 now means there is never a lack of awesome games to be flooded with. Even for me when my interest in games can be summed up as rhyming with Harpy Gee.

http://www.harpygee.com/comic/cover

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Phoenix Point's crab men enemies are procedurally generated according to their trailer, from each limb to the heads and outer shell.

I'm glad to see the system doodles I was making was something someone actually thought about, reminds me of hellgate london's teasers.

Playing Alpha Protocol, learning the combat but its often unclear how many of these sections are forced stealth and how many are forced combat.

I'm breaching the Ural mountains in Silent Storm, ummmmm, there goes by grenadieer and scout with a poorly timed grenade through through a small window.

I'm rich as fuck in Warband, I just got the warmashallship, but now we're at fucking peace.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Dark Souls II bought.

I'm not sure what its like to play Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 back to back but its going to be an interestingly masochistic experience.

I did this just last year, started with Demon's as my first Souls and then moving through DS 1,2,3 before going to Bloodborne. Took all of my gaming time for a couple of months.

Starting DS2 is ROUGH until you get to the first bonfire, but if you are at all interested in doing co-op I think DS2 had some of the best multiplayer of any of them and you will probably see an ocean of summon signs around that first bonfire.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Totally forgot to mention that I ran into @Stolls during my Torment playthrough. This time, unlike when we ran into each other in Wasteland 2, I did not blow his head off and loot the tattered corpse. So, you know, progress!
    I may have discorporated him from reality instead, but still, progress, right?

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    New Subnautica update today, looks like a big overhaul on the Cyclops. I'm probably going to hold off until 1.0 though, since the Cyclops takes a while to get, I may as well just play through it once the game is done.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    New Subnautica update today, looks like a big overhaul on the Cyclops. I'm probably going to hold off until 1.0 though, since the Cyclops takes a while to get, I may as well just play through it once the game is done.

I've still never managed to complete the Cyclops. In fact, I'm certain there are several biomes I have not gotten around to even exploring.

I'm so ashamed.

But I've had less incentive to play the unfinished version of the game since the 1.0 version seems to be just around the corner.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    World of Goo is good fun. I should give that some more time relatively soon. Of course, I'm an engineer, so anything related to building stuff is right up my alley.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Wow, For The King looks REALLY good. It's in Early Access but it seems like a cross between Final Fantasy, Diablo, Civilization and a rogue-like plus it has multiplayer!

For-the-King-header.jpg
    ftkoverworld2.jpg?itok=7tAZP9gF
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pw07YW2CZs

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    I'm currently sitting on 9947 Steam achievements, and I was thinking of trying to get to 10000 exactly, maybe asking people here what they thought I should do for the 10000th. But ANPA.US, who I mentioned here before as the makers of Machine Hunt and others, just released their latest: Blood Feed. 3001 achievements. I'm not sure I can resist.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

Yeah I'm going to do the same, looks like they are adding new stuff to places I've already explored so I'm going to wait until it's done(ish) for a fresh start instead of playing my old save and missing a lot of stuff.
    Is there a prediction or tentative date for when 1.0 might be ready? They seem to have started to include a lot of final art/models for assets.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

Yeah I'm going to do the same, looks like they are adding new stuff to places I've already explored so I'm going to wait until it's done(ish) for a fresh start instead of playing my old save and missing a lot of stuff.
    Is there a prediction or tentative date for when 1.0 might be ready? They seem to have started to include a lot of final art/models for assets.

I use this for reference:
    https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap

They have September/October for 1.0.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoldenbarqsGoldenbarqs Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Wow, For The King looks REALLY good. It's in Early Access but it seems like a cross between Final Fantasy, Diablo, Civilization and a rogue-like plus it has multiplayer!

Well that's on the top of my watch list now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Tabletop Simulator is half off for the weekend. I've found it real useful for trying out board games before buying them. The downside is I want more board games now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    @Scratchy still a monster, hitting me with pinball games.

News at 11.

Thanks for Bethesda Pinball. Now to try to destroy your scores! :evil:

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Well that's on the top of my watch list now.

That's another game I would really like to be out of Early Access...

• Options
    That reminds me: Duck Game is having a free weekend. I've watched it being played in streams and it seems like a lot of fun if you have friends who will play it with you.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Good lord Little Nightmares is bizarre.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Playing Alpha Protocol, learning the combat but its often unclear how many of these sections are forced stealth and how many are forced combat.

It's Alpha Protocol. Outside of maybe the tutorial there shouldn't really be anything that's forced stealth but some characters react very poorly if you go on a killing spree against guards of the same nationality. Others will approve.

Bosses are forced combat though you still can often use stealth during some phases.
    I'm rich as fuck in Warband, I just got the warmashallship, but now we're at fucking peace.

You'll keep being marshal for quite some time as you're not going to get much controversy without enemy nations fighting your own nations AI lords. And you won't be at peace that long with the way the AI works.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    That reminds me: Duck Game is having a free weekend. I've watched it being played in streams and it seems like a lot of fun if you have friends who will play it with you.

Duck Game is the shit.

You into fast-paced platforming multiplayer with a crazy variety of weapons and mayhem, the sickest Sega Genesis music, and a dedicated button just to quack? Then check that shit out.

edit: can we talk about the image for this youtubez tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D760pqHQOUQ

Zxerol on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I really want to back some of these cool looking games, but they are all set up on Kickstarter/Indiegogo/Patreon and I've been burned way too many times.

For the King looks Goddamn Sexy, even though I'd do with smaller character models. Hopefully they'll have some sort of open beta.

I was watching a stream this morning of FTL, so well, that goes on my Wishlist....

• Options
    I really want to back some of these cool looking games, but they are all set up on Kickstarter/Indiegogo/Patreon and I've been burned way too many times.

For the King looks Goddamn Sexy, even though I'd do with smaller character models. Hopefully they'll have some sort of open beta.

I was watching a stream this morning of FTL, so well, that goes on my Wishlist....

FTL is amazing. I put 100+ hours into it, and that was before the free expansion. And honestly, I never really played much of the expansion.

I was the kind of person who really only got enjoyment out of playing it on easy mode, because normal is hard as hell and I don't have the patience for that sort of thing. Easy mode is still quite difficult!

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Oh shi-

Looks like my spoopy story was spoopy enough for @xiears
    9LMSnKq.jpg

Thanks bud!

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

For-the-King-header.jpg
    ftkoverworld2.jpg?itok=7tAZP9gF
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pw07YW2CZs

I've got a couple of hours played, and can confirm it is good and super charming. The early game definitely feels finished, though I suck and haven't gotten very far so I don't know how far you can get before it starts to feel unfinished.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    JusticeJustice Registered User regular

FTL is amazing. I put 100+ hours into it, and that was before the free expansion. And honestly, I never really played much of the expansion.

I was the kind of person who really only got enjoyment out of playing it on easy mode, because normal is hard as hell and I don't have the patience for that sort of thing. Easy mode is still quite difficult!

I'm glad you said that. I'm into roguelikes, and I'm into sci-fi, but I've had trouble getting into it because I usually die by the end of the third system, and I feel like there's just not enough variety of gameplay or an smooth enough repetition flow to make it enjoyable. I'll try it on easy and see if I manage to run into more content.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I tried FTL 3 times and died in the first system each time. Uninstalled and never looked back. Clearly a game that's not for everyone.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
This discussion has been closed.