As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Just now getting around to bonus battles for VI and the Dragon gave me a Black Crystal. They do exist!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    100 gems: A hat with +water! I think there's a SB for some character involved as well. Woo!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    p sure the game just ate a dollar for me. had the bug where the gems don't go through, so i did the thing where you buy it again and it restores it. it said it restored it, but it didn't. so i went to do it again, and gave me the normal "purchase was sucessful" text. we'll see when the receipts come through, but pretty sure that just happened.

and then i got a 3*. oh well.

Send a ticket, they're better about support involving money compared to regular support.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Had a hole of stamina usage since I wanted to jump on IX when it launched and not spend it down elsewhere, so quietly catching up on other stuff...

gZjS8tRl.pngfiEZjbol.pngvVElQN2l.png

Brute forced it because it's slightly older content and I have BSBs on Vanille and Penelo so fuck that hot potato nonsense. Vanille was doing 14k/turn on the main boss since I gave her the +20% Holy 8* weapon and a +20% Holy RM. Penelo was doing only 6k/turn comparatively but I had her on MM and with no booster and with a much worse weapon and she's only 80 to Vanille's 99. The oddity, one could say, was Garnet because I forgot she didn't have 5* WHM but I still needed/wanted a Summoner to crush down the launchers faster. (Her doublecast fired like 3 times on Maduin, was pretty nice!)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    And let's see how lucky I am

100 Gem: 3*
    1st Pull 3/11: Garnet Staff of Ramuh BSB2 x2, Garnet Royal Gown SSB

See? The game's telling me I was right to use Garnet!

...sheesh. Welp, I rather wanted Beatrix's OSB and SSB but only 3 items left on the banner I want, so I'll stop there. Budgeted a second pull, so that's 50 mythril I effectively get back. Not bad!

edit2: Oh wow, just noticed that this makes things much easier on my magic team. Garnet easily slots in to Celes' weirdo synergy since she can provide the same buff but gets far more benefit from everyone else's stuff.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Had a hole of stamina usage since I wanted to jump on IX when it launched and not spend it down elsewhere, so quietly catching up on other stuff...
    gZjS8tRl.pngfiEZjbol.pngvVElQN2l.png
    Brute forced it because it's slightly older content and I have BSBs on Vanille and Penelo so fuck that hot potato nonsense. Vanille was doing 14k/turn on the main boss since I gave her the +20% Holy 8* weapon and a +20% Holy RM. Penelo was doing only 6k/turn comparatively but I had her on MM and with no booster and with a much worse weapon and she's only 80 to Vanille's 99. The oddity, one could say, was Garnet because I forgot she didn't have 5* WHM but I still needed/wanted a Summoner to crush down the launchers faster. (Her doublecast fired like 3 times on Maduin, was pretty nice!)

5* Whm summoner you say? Oh hai thar Alphinaud record spheres and BSB

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    100 gem got me Freya's spear. I love dragoons so happy to have something for one of my favorite dragoons. Not worth pulling further on this banner though.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    It finally happened. After going 5 for 5 on 100 gems, I got a 4* on this banner.

Just as well. There's nothing here I particularly want. +Water damage items are interesting, but only if they don't have the silly "only works with realm synergy" attachment to them.

One of my long-term end goals is to make Edge a king of water/ninja skills, and lo and behold, the Rikku USB FFX event has both a +water Fist (Rikku's USB) and +water Armor (Tidus' LM bracer), though sadly, they're separated on individual banners.

Still, I know what I'll be dropping some mythril on in the future.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Man. I want to want to pull on the WOFF banner in the future, but Lann and Reynn's relics are such standard stuff that it's hard to get excited. I would like a good Enice SB, though, and Reynn delivers on that.

• Options
    Kudos to that last Phantom Train U+ team I just fought with.

One of our number was using Delita with his BSB, and instead of using the burst commands, he deliberately used the burst itself multiple times. Which I appreciate, as it meant no acid rain counters to deal with.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Thing about Squall's BSB2 is that with a three junction + 2xC2 burst mode you're pushing out 19.9x over the 5 rounds, or 3.98x per round averaged over the 5 rounds not counting the +25% crit chance bonus on the C2s due to the junctioning. Whereas Cloud's BSB2 is 2.6/4 once you're buffed up to get the max multiplier.

Then that doesn't count the built-in enIce so as long as the target isn't Ice resistant or immune, yeah that's going to hit even harder. Plus it's a spellblade typed command so you can get the +40% damage RMs or chance to double-attack. However the problem is that the C2s are 1.25x per hit at max junctions so there is a chance that you may damage cap.

Oh gods, imagine putting that on Bartz with his LMs and you get a triple proc off the C2s...

As far as draws go, I'm all out. I'd like some nice toys and stat sticks (don't we all?) but I'm extremely satisfied with where I'm sitting at right now. My biggest lack is a caster BSB or exceptional caster team builds but I could probably make one work, I just haven't really tried TBH. I have my quad breaks via Setzer and with his and Vaan's powers combined, I'm going to laugh at every boss fight from here on out who doesn't spam status effects.

So really, my pulling priorities are now: Shore up weak RS. I'm going to pull on the 11 banner for this reason alone. Then work on enElemental options in preparation for the magicite dungeons. Aside from pulling for waifus/husbandos.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    If you double (or triple) cast the Junction command, does that count as 1 or 2 (3?) Junctions? I'm guessing just 1, but that isn't based on anything concrete.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    1st world problems! I am at 300/300 inventory and 75/100 in my vault. I definitely have to do some curating and culling in the near future. I am simply out of space, mostly because I never throw anything away.

Back to real talk.

So my preliminary take on a mage team is as follows:

Golbez Gaia Cross or Magic Lure/Chain -aga (Lionheart) BSB
    Maria Chain-aga/Free slot (Ace Striker or Devotion) BSB
    Quistis Wrath/Free slot (+MAG or DMG) BSB
    Onion Knight Full Break/Magic Breakdown (DMT) BSB
    Y'shtola Curaja/Wrath (Mako Might) Wall + BSB
    RW: Vanille's USB

1st turn Hastega/Faithga/Wall, plus ProShellga and Stock HP from the RW. Golbez taunts something + Lionheart to get online sooner, then slings a Chain -aga. Maria can only Chain -aga until she hits a full SB bar. Her free slot is pretty much wasted at the moment. She'd run either Devotion for 6 hits on C1, or if that's covered with available boosts, then Ace Striker to get online a little quicker. Quistis can Wrath into her BSB right away, and also run a Breakdown of some variety. Onion Knight could run full physical or as a hybrid. It'd probably be easier to weave Breakdown/Full Break/C1 x2, but he could also go Breakdown/Full Break/C2 if he had a hybrid weapon like one of Hope's thrown weapons. Y'shtola would put up Wall right away, spot heal as needed, but otherwise Wrath towards her BSB, and then after that the second Wall application. (Long term Curada R2 would be perfect for Y'shtola).

As is, it'd have two mage buffs (ATK/MAG from OK, and each DPS character has his or her own), plus Burst Mode on everyone, so Maria has a good chance of hitting 6 hits on Command 1.

Teams are so much more flexible without Tyro. All hail Catgirl!

Level 2 for this team would involve diving WHM 4* on Maria and Quistis, but it'd get much better:

Golbez Gaia Cross or Magic Lure/Chain -aga (Lionheart) BSB
    Maria Chain-aga/Protectga (Ace Striker or Devotion) BSB
    Quistis Wrath/Shellga (+MAG or DMG) BSB
    Onion Knight Full Break/Magic Breakdown (DMT) BSB
    Y'shtola Curaja/Wrath (Mako Might) Wall + BSB
    RW: Raines BSB

So by spending some 4* motes, Maria and Quistis can cover ProShellga (though Quistis loses a Breakdown). This allows me to RW another 30% MAG buff to put everyone at the buff soft cap for MAG, and gives Maria an instant command she can chain for SB meter more easily, putting her in her own Burst Mode faster.

I'm not sure if I'll go this way; everything depends on how Nemesis Infinity turns out, since as of right now all my Mote and MC3 lode spending is reserved for defeating that bastard. If and when he dies, I'll be able to spread the love around to the chars with my new toys.

• Options
    Based on stuff like Alphinauld's ether command, a double cast proc would count as two abilities so it "should" count as 2 junctions. Heavens help the poor mob if a Bartz with LM gets a triple proc off the first draw and junction then proceeds to spam 4 C2s and they double/triple cast.

• Options
    Takel wrote: »
    Thing about Squall's BSB2 is that with a three junction + 2xC2 burst mode you're pushing out 19.9x over the 5 rounds, or 3.98x per round averaged over the 5 rounds not counting the +25% crit chance bonus on the C2s due to the junctioning. Whereas Cloud's BSB2 is 2.6/4 once you're buffed up to get the max multiplier.

Then that doesn't count the built-in enIce so as long as the target isn't Ice resistant or immune, yeah that's going to hit even harder. Plus it's a spellblade typed command so you can get the +40% damage RMs or chance to double-attack. However the problem is that the C2s are 1.25x per hit at max junctions so there is a chance that you may damage cap.

Oh gods, imagine putting that on Bartz with his LMs and you get a triple proc off the C2s...

As far as draws go, I'm all out. I'd like some nice toys and stat sticks (don't we all?) but I'm extremely satisfied with where I'm sitting at right now. My biggest lack is a caster BSB or exceptional caster team builds but I could probably make one work, I just haven't really tried TBH. I have my quad breaks via Setzer and with his and Vaan's powers combined, I'm going to laugh at every boss fight from here on out who doesn't spam status effects.

So really, my pulling priorities are now: Shore up weak RS. I'm going to pull on the 11 banner for this reason alone. Then work on enElemental options in preparation for the magicite dungeons. Aside from pulling for waifus/husbandos.

If you're bumping into the damage cap for Squall's BSB C2, just Draw and Junction twice then C2 three times. The damage should end up being better without risking the damage cap

As far as pulls are concerned, after this fest (and Nemesis X) are over, my Mythril is tentatively reserved for Torment CMs, but the next few coming I think I can manage.
    FF2 (Three Gigases) (redo) I should be okay now with Guy Imperil Earth, Maria BSB, Gordon ATK/MAG buff, and Minwu medica.
    FF3 (Bahamut) Probably no need to pull.
    FFT (Belias + three minions) I have Shout and Cleansing Strike. Being able to RW Wall on top of native Shout may be enough.
    FF12 (Mateus + Ice Azers) Not too woried.
    FF8 (Ruby Dragon) Should be okay.
    FF4 (Golbez + Shadow Dragon) I think I'll be okay
    FF11 (Dragon + Keeper) Will definitely necessitate some pulling, since I have zero FF11 relics.
    FF13 (Barthandalus) I have some nice things, but this boss will probably be terrible.
    FF6 (Hidon) This is so far in the future I have no idea
    FF9 (Nova Dragon) See last entry.

So besides any Torment CM emergencies, I'm planning on Squall BSB2, and then saving for Cloud USB banner. After that, maybe Lightning USB/Raines BSB banner, the FF11 future future event (since that is when we will probably get Ayame BSB for the first time), and then starting to build a team/teams for Magicite dungeons.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Threw mythril at Beatrix banner

Got Garnet's BSB2 and SSB

Finally a BSB for IX

• Options
    yeah my pull schedule is similar to that.
    I'm making a pull on the upcoming 11 banner for RS (decision subject to alterations)
    Then chasing Squall's BSB2
    After that, Celes' BSB2, Lightning's USB and BSB2

I'd prefer to RW Cloud's USB since it'll be a lot more flexible that way and it's not like I have much to RW these days unless it's a caster team in which cast I wouldn't be RW'ing Cloud USB

• Options
    Oh hrmm. I just realized I got the last piece of a Fire team.

Locke BSB Imperil
    Sabin BSB EnFire
    Refia BSB EnFire
    Ramza Shout Support
    Y'shtola Healer Wall

This might be worth taking out for a spin as well.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    my fire stuff is

seph osb
    refia bsb
    krile bsb
    braska ssb
    terra ssb
    steiner ssb
    balthier ssb
    locke ssb (lol)

• Options
    Bartz, equipped with Spellblade Master and his Spellblade triplecast LM.

Uses his USB, then summons Squall BSB2- oh wait. That won't work. Squall's stuff is Ice, and Bartz's USB only chases Earth, Water, Wind, or Fire.

Steiner's BSB is probably the best thing for him to call as an RW, if you want crazy-pants attack numbers.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I've made two small gem purchases and neither of them has shown up on my account yet.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I will never have a holy boosting shield : (

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I will never have a holy boosting shield : (

I have 2!

I've never pulled a holy soul break :(

But maybe banner 4!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Gave my experimental setup for Infinite Nemesis a shot.
    Cloud - Lifesiphon + Mirror
    Vaan - Magic Breakdown, Steal Power
    Y'shtola - Haste, Protectga
    Vanille - Curada, Shellga
    Setzer - Full Break, Wrath

There's no native Hastega, no boostga or anything like that. Cloud and Vaan are supposed to be self-sufficient, the only tricky part is the very beginning with the Ultima + Boundless Ultima, which is why Vaan has Magic Breakdown even though he has his BSB; he can't use the BSB right off the bat because MM/DM are on both the healers for Wall + instant Curaga Medica

I got to the last 40% where the Boundless Ethereal Cannon started one-shotting people with 40s left on the doom counter and SB meters ticking over nicely, so I know the group is viable. I'll need to grab a Galuf RW once the XII synergy unlocks so Vaan is at full strength and Cloud's armour (Gabranth's Hauberk for the def/res) gains synergy. The Haste on Y'shtola is a backup plan. Everyone else is running moderate slow resist accessories but Cloud isn't so that he can maximise his attack (Should be close to touching 700 with XII synergy unlocked). I'd prefer to have Cloud go into the last 40% with full meter so he can spam BSB entries as well as Vaan, so I don't want him to blow a meter just to break out of Slow.

Once the Quint magic break and quad attack breaks were on, the only things hurting me were the boundless apocalypse and ultimas, hitting for about 800 damage.

Takel on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    100 gem pull: force shield

Beatrix and Agrias are literally carbon copies for me now except for cleansing strike

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlNEOy58PUY

Now she's got an army and a navy to command.

• Options
    *sigh* I just realised that Lightning's USB is really close after Cloud's USB.
    Which means that extra pull I was taking out from the XI banner because it's probably not going to have Ayame's BSB? It's going to get banked towards that USB fund and Celes' BSB2 will have to pass by.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The problem I run into with 9 events is that it's my favorite of the series, and Beatrix in particular one of my favorite characters in general.

So even though my 9 synergy is already pretty well stacked, having full weapon/armor synergy and soul breaks for nearly every character except for Amarant, Vivi and Quina, I want all the soul breaks

• Options
    So, I have soul breaks that apply 50% crit rate.

Is there any reason to maybe throw some mythril at Amarant's high-crit soul breaks, even though I already have Delita's Hero-King to exploit crit boosts for extra damage? Delita does Fire (as well as ice, Lightning, and holy), but Amarant's Burst has Enfire on it.

...now that I spell that all out, probably not. And the other good stuff on that banner is Vivi's Fire stuff, and I basically have that combo on Terra.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Is there any reason to maybe throw some mythril at Amarant's high-crit soul breaks, even though I already have Delita's Hero-King to exploit crit boosts for extra damage? Delita does Fire (as well as ice, Lightning, and holy), but Amarant's Burst has Enfire on it.

...now that I spell that all out, probably not. And the other good stuff on that banner is Vivi's Fire stuff, and I basically have that combo on Terra.

Refia's burst is a lot better than Amarant's burst, and Amarant's SSB is only "just OK" even if you have a crit rate buff, IMO. Unless Amarant is your guy, or you want the other stuff on the banner (and you might, Vivi is a favorite for many people), it might be better to pull on fest banner 3 than IX banner 2.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I think my best Physical fire team is:
    Locke BSB for imperil (also have his SSB for extra meter to grant enFire)
    Steiner BSB for enFire (also have his SSB for extra meter to double the imperil)
    Yda BSB (pretty sure this has enFire built in)
    Ramza (breakdowns & Shout)
    Yshtola (Aeth Pulse, wrath, wall, wrath, Asylum)

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Fry wrote: »

Refia's burst is a lot better than Amarant's burst, and Amarant's SSB is only "just OK" even if you have a crit rate buff, IMO. Unless Amarant is your guy, or you want the other stuff on the banner (and you might, Vivi is a favorite for many people), it might be better to pull on fest banner 3 than IX banner 2.

Problem with banner 3 is twofold for me.

First: I already have some of the grand prizes, or equivalents, or soul breaks for the same characters that I use more often. I have Raines's claw. I have an Enwind/OSB combo on Cloud, in lieu of Bartz's. I have Sheepsong, and Visions of the Past. I have Steiner's BSB for an Enfire physical burst, and that plays very nicely with Locke's imperil. I have Lightning's Smite, which is inferior to Noel's thing, but is still quite good for that kind of attack. And even if I got Greg'a OSB, I'd probably still mostly use him for Drawtaliate shenanigans with his BSB. If I pulled on banner 3, it'd only be for Star Prism, Soul Spiral, or Twin Moon. Dance of Carnage or Hand of the Crystals would be more of a "this is a cool thing" option. Even Twin Moon is a little iffy, as Raines is kind of hogging the "non-support, non-healer, non-Faithga, secondary DPS" slot in my Mage trams.

Second: I'm at 78 mythril, with only enough left on the table in realms and events to bring me up to... wait. Up to 95. And we're getting 5 more tonight when Orbfest rolls offer to equipment.

I could pull once on 3, for possible cool things, and 4, for OSBs and rad upgrades.

I went and did it.

2/11: Sabin's Soul Spiral and Greg's Strange Bedfellow. Yeah, I can live with that result.

Soul Spiral is a nice secondary Heal effect like I haven't been able to use since I dropped Tailwind for Shout, and I actually didn't have any Esunagas until now. Gotta figure out how to use him in a team. Possibly put him on a team with stacking offense boosts, so he can use Lifebane?

And Greg's OSB is an OSB weapon. I actually have a bunch of spear users. Plus, this lets me sometimes use Greg outside of fights where I need Drawtaliate.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Oh, and now I have every item on that dang FFVI banner except for the Deathstrike Darts. Kinda hilarious.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    My fire team:

Mage with Chain Firaga
    Monk with Fires Within
    Summoner with r5 Ifrit
    Tyro/Wall
    Healer

:(:(:(

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm still tempted to pull on Banner 3, but I have two things on it already. Banner 4 I have 3 things on and 5 is pretty meh with one dupe.
    If I can hold off pulling tonight maybe I'll be good until legend materia come out.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So, the mechanics on Golbez's BSB. It says it draws Phys/BLK, but does it also generate ability uses, or would that have been a second line? If only I had Indecipherable Blade to compare.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    So, the mechanics on Golbez's BSB. It says it draws Phys/BLK, but does it also generate ability uses, or would that have been a second line? If only I had Indecipherable Blade to compare.

Nah it doesn't, just puts draw fire/draw magic.

• Options

Nope. It's solely a tanking effect; it doesn't restore abilities.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Javen wrote: »

Nah it doesn't, just puts draw fire/draw magic.

Sentinel taunts single target phys and black magic, with +200% def bonus.

Draw Fire (or Gaia's Cross) taunts ST phys with +100% def bonus.
    Magic Lure taunts ST black magic with +100% res bonus.

They're three completely distinct effects with different stat modifiers and even effect IDs, so stack when they're not slamming into the buff soft cap (4.5x).

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlNEOy58PUY

Now she's got an army and a navy to command.

I need this!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
This discussion has been closed.