Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    100 gems: nothing.

Final count: 10/95, which is well below the expected ~13.3. But well, I expect to be below what's expected.

What's crazy is I went about 30 something misses, then had five relatively close hits, then another 30 misses, another four hits during the fest, and then nothing until one hit last week.

Statistics is the devil, and variance is his name.

The random number generator for FFRK really seems to be quite streaky. I'm sure over time it averages out to what it is supposed to, but there are just large streaks of hits and misses and I think they could do better.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    100 gems: nothing.

Final count: 10/95, which is well below the expected ~13.3. But well, I expect to be below what's expected.

What's crazy is I went about 30 something misses, then had five relatively close hits, then another 30 misses, another four hits during the fest, and then nothing until one hit last week.

Statistics is the devil, and variance is his name.

The random number generator for FFRK really seems to be quite streaky. I'm sure over time it averages out to what it is supposed to, but there are just large streaks of hits and misses and I think they could do better.

I think in Japan they had a thing where every miss slightly raised your odds on subsequent pulls until you got a hit.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    only applied to the current banner.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Grr. Lunar Baigan is tough.

Part of that's my own dang fault, though. I really should've just brought a lightning imperil team with Shout instead of trying to hit his ice weakness on my CM run. Do you know how many physical Ice users there are in FFIV? None of them.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Grr. Lunar Baigan is tough.

Part of that's my own dang fault, though. I really should've just brought a lightning imperil team with Shout instead of trying to hit his ice weakness on my CM run. Do you know how many physical Ice users there are in FFIV? None of them.

He resists lightning, so just about any other plan would be better.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm. I won't be around tomorrow evening, so I either PUG or bat signal MP later in the week.

• Options
    No Dancers in a fight with 3 Hasted targets is also super rough.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    100 Gem: 3*

Cagnazzo down with @Wyvern @Ilpala and @TNTrooper

Turtle got dumpstered. Exdeath runic snuffed his offense, Yuna buffed us and was easily able to keep up with healing, and then OHOHOHOHO and Ashe ruined his day.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    YOLO Edea BSB for Baigan CM.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    RNGesus hath forsaken me.
    100 gem got a 3*
    Two 11 pulls got me 3x Bomb Core wands, when I already had one from last time. :(

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Kain was taking 3k from Wateras through Shell and Wall with moderate resist, and did not survive the Tsunami for 8k :/ Runic was doing approximately fuckall on our run, turtle was doing AOE and partial-AOE attacks

I am curious why the dungeon select screen for Cagnazzo plays the lunar surface music

Fry on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Ran out of gems for my 100-gem pulls, so I bought an Ifrit pack

Got P.Cecil OSB

FFRK tryin' to make me feel good about my financial decisions, huh?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Fry wrote: »
    Kain was taking 3k from Wateras through Shell and Wall with moderate resist, and did not survive the Tsunami for 8k :/ Runic was doing approximately fuckall on our run, turtle was doing AOE and partial-AOE attacks

I am curious why the dungeon select screen for Cagnazzo plays the lunar surface music

Did you not take breaks on that run? In our room we were getting tickled by whatever wasn't getting Runic'd, though we also never saw Tsunami.

Poor Baigan, being Ice weak is the very last thing you want to be against my AoE fight but kill ST team. Ayame with SSS caps as usual, Celes stuck on Banishing Strike duty practically the whole fight but still did plenty with CMD2. The Prishe pain train barely even got started when the fight ended, it was like Turn 7.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    It took many resets, but I finally decided to let my physical team have a break and break out the new and improved magic team. Due to the requirements to break Levi, but also slow Asura and kill her first, and the wind resistances in this fight, the only wind user was Fujin, who was honestly just fine bringing piercing wind magics and the RES break on her C2 was still hitting for 7k, which just helped the rest of the team dish out bigger damage. 20k Glare Hands from Golbez and 8k Breaths from Yuna, along with roughly 14k damage from OK.

The worst part about this fight as with the Aeon Trio is random slows just fucking you up. The Dispels aren't so bad as long as you keep Levi's magic broken, and with everyone being in the back row, Asura's counterhits were managed for the most part, though she would occasionally sock someone for 2.5k because her crit rate seemed unusually high.

h1ar3kxvormd.pngtaz96ospbu0w.png

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »

Did you not take breaks on that run? In our room we were getting tickled by whatever wasn't getting Runic'd, though we also never saw Tsunami.

We had Full Break on that run, and when we tried it again later we also added Vaan BSB with its accompanying Magic Breakdown and were seeing similar numbers. Most of the other characters in the party were taking a lot less damage, I think the problem might have been that I had non-synergy armor, so my RES must have been a lot less than everyone else's. On the rerun, I switched out the water resist for slow resist which may have been a bad choice, but Kain was still taking a lot more damage than everyone else even if you were to decrease it by 30%. Here's the video of that run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3EMarZKwE8

Thanks to @Frosteey @Bluecyan and @ArcTangent for the clear. You can see an example of Kain getting whacked by Watera around 1:54:

Vaan: 834, Exdeath: 0 (Grand Cross)
    Edward: 1519, Garnet: 876
    Shantotto: 525, Yshtola: 1297
    Kain: 3016, Yuna: 1024

Later when Wall falls off (6:55), the Watera is even worse:

Vaan: 1760, Exdeath: 2482
    Edward: 3237, Garnet: 1834
    Shantotto: 1096, Yshtola: 2701
    Kain: 5392, Yuna: 1858

I guess the takeaway here is wear your water resist, and hold on to your butts.

Fry on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the MP clears, guys!

Garnet's Summon Ramuh is so much fun.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    What the heck. Yeah, the non-Kain numbers were what we saw. Both my Shantotto and Faris had ~300 RES and Moderate and Major water Resist so most everything tickled.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Looks like slow resist is pretty important on Cagnazzo MP

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Looks like slow resist is pretty important on Cagnazzo MP

Not really, compared to water resist. It has a fairly low chance to begin with, and Affliction Break drops it even further.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm out of gems and the pulls I got from the last bunch are really not making me want to spend more money.

I probably will when clouds USB is available. :-P

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Ugh, fuck Yunalesca. That fight is an RNG-fest. Three Ultimate Holy in a row during phase 2, all before Y'shtola can even get Asylum off.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Getting rid of sap in phase 2 is important. She should reapply it for phase 3 and then you want to leave it.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The first Cagnazzo try was like a god damn clockwork machine. I never had an online match so smooth. No connecting message at the start, everybody was just there, and not a hint of lag. The whole thing was like playing on speed 5 with perfect reflexes. We completely smoked the fight like it was nothing, and there was no worry or tension at all. And we got expert because we forgot to lower his resistance. Oops.

Cue the rest of the night banging my head against the thing with party after party of failures. The winning one turned out to be one asking for physical dps due to using a reflect strat, which worked pretty damn well. One little screw up at the end, where the guy though he was being clever reapplying reflect, only to bounce it off and reflect one of us. Luckily at that point you're basically aoe healing, so it wasn't a big deal.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    ...Lunar Baigan is vulnerable to Slow. And Interrupt, as I found when using Hope for his Dispelga. Well, that would've been important to know for my CM attempts; applying Slow is way stronger than just removing Haste. Thanks for nothin', Dr. Mog.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Oops, forgot to equip Ceodore for MND. Curada is healing for 1960 + 2000 :/

• Options
    Oh man, the music on this A+ Leviathan Asura fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giw4e6U5A9s

This is my jam.

• Options
    So, if you have a source of Black/White Runic, definitely bring it to the Leviathan Asura fight. Asura's Dispel and Slow might be the most dangerous spells in that fight.

Cleared it with a variant of my Holy team, packing Agrias, Celes, Pecil, Eiko, and Dancin' Tyro. Ran out of RW Shout about 3/4 through Leviathan's HP, but I had enough survivability to not worry about that.

• Options
    Mastered the 220 Asura + Leviathan

You want protectga to be up ASAP and tempo flurry/slowga on both bosses, they are fast and Asura has a brutal physical counter (I saw it crit for 7k)

Some form of runic is very helpful to eat the dispels/slows and blizzajas

Once Asura is down the fight becomes a lot easier but make sure you have wall and shellga back up for when Leviathan is weak phase because he goes crazy

My setup was Vaan/Celes/Setzer/Onion/Y'shtola

• Options
    Slowga doesn't work on Leviathan. You need a form of Dispel to get rid of Haste if Asura casts it on Leviathan, and for Shell and Protect besides.

• Options
    you can also just reflect asura + leviathan and it will make asura stop buffing, so all she does is single target physical attacks

(tauntaliate that shit)

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Yay another Celes cheese fight in Apoc + MP

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Well, I'm feeling a little bit silly.

On Friday I went ahead and did a normal 50-mithril pull on the Event Banner.
    I got Ceodore's Force Armor on that one. That one looks OK.

Then I was basically offline for the weekend, and this morning I see that there are two half-price Nightmare pulls up. Based on the posts here, you all are calling them Summoning and Combat? I see Yuma and Rydia in one, so I'm guessing that's the Summoning one. Cloud and Lightning in the Combat one I think? The little characters are hard to tell who is who sometimes :) .

And of course, I'm down to 24 mithril. Hah.
    But it looks like the banners are around for a month? So I've got time to build up more mithril.

I just need to do one dungeon to get the last mithril to do the first one, I'll do that here shortly...

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Beat Lunar Baigain CM! Ate both Self-Destructs and got only Expert, but that don't matter! I got mastery earlier!

Having Pecil use Slowga instead of Banishing Strike made all the difference early on. It was still quite the rough fight. FFIV needs Dancers. Add Calca and/or Brina, plz.

Enlong on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to see when they add Barbaricca in the next FFIV event, and she'll come with BLM 5, Witch 5, and Dancer 5, just because.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Selner wrote: »
    Well, I'm feeling a little bit silly.

On Friday I went ahead and did a normal 50-mithril pull on the Event Banner.
    I got Ceodore's Force Armor on that one. That one looks OK.

Then I was basically offline for the weekend, and this morning I see that there are two half-price Nightmare pulls up. Based on the posts here, you all are calling them Summoning and Combat? I see Yuma and Rydia in one, so I'm guessing that's the Summoning one. Cloud and Lightning in the Combat one I think? The little characters are hard to tell who is who sometimes :) .

And of course, I'm down to 24 mithril. Hah.
    But it looks like the banners are around for a month? So I've got time to build up more mithril.

I just need to do one dungeon to get the last mithril to do the first one, I'll do that here shortly...

I might recommend doing the one with Yuna and Rydia first, it has a pretty decent concentration of healer relics, which could be a great pickup for you. But yeah, half-price pulls are going to be good places to spend your mythril for a good while, so you'll probably want to do both eventually.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Beat event stuff last night. Cagnazzo bad at all. Turns out when you have Celes there to neuter his abilities, and Reno there to just shit out lightning damage the fight goes pretty smooth. Reno was hitting for 30k+ per Tempest Snipe. Dude is a beast with lightning damage. I may have to go ahead and dive him to just max it out.

Did the SUMMONER pull today. 1/11. Lann's SSB with its physical attack enhancing armor. I have never been more disappointed, and I don't know if it is possible to be.

• Options
    lann ssb/11 is categorically the worst possible result on the summoner banner, sorry

• Options
    Could've gone 1/11 Arbiter's Apocrypha. I'm pretty sure Revenge Blast usually outdamages that.

• Options
    Lann SSB seems better than something like Rinoa SSB, but this is just shades of brown

• Options
    Hm. I'll have enough for one of the luckies on Thursday. Wonder if I should do Summoner or Combat?

Probably Combat. The ratio of items I already own is lower on that one.

This discussion has been closed.