Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Huh I think these upcoming lucky draws are going to be the first that is half price for the first pull, and then full price for any further pulls. Usually half price banners are just one and done. Definitely going to have to think about these two.

Yep! Which means you can do 100 gems on them both as well.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Interesting point brought up on Reddit, do you think they'd be crazy enough to do the same kind of banners for the other four schools? Combat and summon are the two most recent Nightmares so they might be working backwards, and celerity and support would be the next ones, followed by white magic and black magic. An interesting thought, and I'm not sure how I would feel about it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    IV banner review:

Banner 1
    Kain OSB: 6* heavy armor. It's an OSB!
    Ceodore BSB: Damage with 40% medica. Commands are respectable damage plus ally 25% heal, and AOE damage plus ally esuna. A great utility piece to have in your toolbox.
    Yang BSB: En-earth. Great DPS if you're brave enough to turn on Unbound Fury for faster cast times, and still pretty good DPS if you aren't.
    Kain BSB: Lightning spear. En-lightning. I have this, and it's still great DPS in conjunction with Lightning Dive. You want at least R2, possibly R3 for long fights. Don't use the commands if you can help it. Also, don't be a dummy like me and take this to a fight that nulls/absorbs lightning, because Lightning Dive and the commands don't work there. :P
    Ceodore SSB: En-holy. It's just damage, but Ceodore has lots of options for equipment and ability loadouts.
    Edward SSB: Party +30% MAG/MND and quick magic attacks 3. You need a certain number of MAG buffs to make a mage team work, and this can be one. I've seen some pretty gross videos from JP where Edward is using this plus the self-stacking MAG buff bard song, if we ever get that...
    Yang SSB: It's an imperil earth!
    Cid IV SSB: Lightning hammer. It's an imperil lightning! I've been pretty happy with this so far, though I did get hosed by the random hits during a multi-target fight.
    Rosa SB: This is just about the worst medica in the game. It was actually my first medica, and it did work for me up until I got any other medica, and I've never used it since.

Banner 2
    Pecil OSB: 6* holy sword. It's an OSB!
    Palom BSB: Fire/ice/lit damage, with fire/ice/lit commands that chaincast if they're hitting weakness. Pretty fantastic if you're hitting any of those weaknesses (even via imperil), and mediocre otherwise. Fortunately those are fairly common weaknesses.
    Porom BSB: Party Cura and +30% MAG/MND. Commands are Curaise and small medica. Good as a stacking MAG buff on a mage team, pretty lousy for a healer burst otherwise.
    Edge BSB: En-water. Damage, with quick casting commands. It's OK, I guess? Will be better in the future in conjunction with the two upcoming 5* water ninja skills.
    Palom SSB2: Holy rod. AOE damage plus 50% MAG/RES break. Dual breaks are good, but usually I'd rather have my mage SB be a burst and/or a buff, and take the break somewhere else.
    Edge SSB2: Fire ATK light armor. Instant party haste + blink + last stand. Mostly notable for shenanigans potential, like against Boundless Nemesis a while back, or for timer scams like that sub-one-second boss video I posted a few pages back. For regular situations, I haven't found this very useful.
    Porom SSB2: Party 30% ATK + 15% MND + 50% Crit Rate. A pretty nice buff for a physical team, but usually you want your white mage SB to be a medica. If you have a non-WM medica (say, Ceodore's burst), this could combo nicely.
    Cid IV SSB2: AOE pentabreak. Stacking breaks are good!
    Tellah SSB: Party +30% ATK/MAG and instant cast 1, plus a usually-irrelevant self Doom 45. It's a MAG buff.

Overall thoughts, future banners, etc.
    Banner 1 has two great physical damage bursts and Ceodore's healing utility burst. There are also two usable imperils on the banner, but ugh that Rosa SB. Banner 2 is hard to recommend, two of the bursts are not very good. If you're hurting for a stacking break, you could try it, but I think next week's VIII event is better for that if you don't have anything against Irvine.

Next IV event is in about 14 weeks. Banner 1 features Edge USB+BSB+LMR, Rosa USB+LMR, Pecil BSB2, and Rubicante BSB. Banner 2 has Pecil USB+LMR, Kain OSB+BSB+LMR, Cid IV BSB, and Ceodore BSB. Edge and Rosa USBs are both crazy good, consider saving some mythril for that banner.

Upcoming event schedule:
    IV - VIII (Selphie USB/Squall BSB2) - V (Krile OSB/Gogo) - VII (Cloud USB) - Festival? - FF1 Mobius collab? - VI (Celes BSB2/Sabin OSB, LMR banner format begins) - IX (Steiner OSB/Vivi BSB2)

Alternate opinions:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6bb9t8/relic_discussion_the_last_red_wing_shoes_fit_for/

Some of my other recent banner reviews:

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, Mandragoras and Orthos are back. I hadn't knocked those out and I see those Dex motes there, you can't hide from me!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Hmm. The summoner pull is tempting, because my mage relics are still pretty weak, and especially weak among summoners, who tend to have the better stuff. I'll probably end up with yet another Alph BSB though.

The combat draw is significantly less, since that pool includes basically all the main characters, which means ALL the super shitty initial release SSBs and BSBs.

E:
    Someone on Reddit provided some info under the assumption that the pools contain everything prior to Ceodore1

SVBAv69.jpg90DigAi.jpg

wjExxz8.jpg

Those are actually significantly better odds than I expected. All the early OSBs for main characters and BSB2s pull the numbers up. There are some super awful stinkers in those pools still though.

Nightmare Dungeons will also be half stamina.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Seriously makes me wish they were legally able to nerf that SB. But, gambling laws, you know?

I wonder if they could get away with indirectly neefing it by bringing out another move with the effect, and simultaneously nerfing the mechanic to a lower damage cap. Or by introducing bosses who have a "minor resistance" to overflow damage, which would cap SOLDIER attacks at like 19999, but allow OSBs to hit 99999

There's a nonzero chance they could nerf Cloud USB before releasing it, so I'm going to wait until someone says "yes it still does all of the dumb stuff" before I pull. Aside from the fact that Japan's gambling laws shouldn't apply to a global/US game, I think those laws would only apply if they changed the item from what was advertised...and they don't "advertise" before it's released.

I think the SB is still crazy good even if it is missing any one of the three bonus effects (100% crit rate, +30% physical damage, physical attacks break damage limit) so if I was directing global FFRK, I would strongly consider cutting one of those abilities. But who knows what they'll do...

That would be actual work for them. They have never changed a sb. I don't see them doing it. Drop rate sure.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Lucky draws?

Oh thank God. I was fiending for a draw and the fact that it's half-priced makes it tolerable.

• Options
    Apparently the lucky draws are going to be active for nearly a month, as well.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm, maybe wait to see how much Mythril goes down the Cloud banner hole.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Is the summon trio just unbeatable without native Wall? Because it sure as hell feels that way. I can't see how I could possibly get through this in 50 seconds, and I can't delay Wall even one turn or else Energy Blast does an unrecoverable amount of damage to the whole party. I also have shit synergy and literally zero ice or water SBs. It feels utterly hopeless.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I had to switch to native Wall for it, with RW Selphie BSB. Apoc+ definitely requires a lot of pieces, though I'm sure I could have found a way with RW Wall.

• Options
    I cleared A+ Aeons without any Wall at all, but I had 5* or 4++ synergy armor for all characters, and I had something like 12 Last Stand saves and 4 revives from Yuna's USB.

I think I saw someone suggest that most of Ifrit's stuff is piercing, so one possible strategy if you can't blow all of them up in 50 seconds is to cast your first RW Wall immediately and delay the second until right as Ifrit is dying.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    I cleared A+ Aeons without any Wall at all, but I had 5* or 4++ synergy armor for all characters, and I had something like 12 Last Stand saves and 4 revives from Yuna's USB.

I think I saw someone suggest that most of Ifrit's stuff is piercing, so one possible strategy if you can't blow all of them up in 50 seconds is to cast your first RW Wall immediately and delay the second until right as Ifrit is dying.
    Ifrit does the piercing thing every fifth turn; otherwise he has even stronger magic AoE than Valefor. I could give the whole party fire resist, maybe.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Fire/Lightning resist accessories would be a pretty critical component of an RW Wall run, I'd think.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Looks like for dupes I'm 24 out of 154 for the Combat draw, 12 of 54 for the Summon draw.

At half price pulls, I'll give it a spin, absolutely.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Getting an odd glitch. Is anyone else seeing a resurgence of the last XI event and banner?
    lr0f7bpmo539.png

Able to play through missions, somewhat curious to pull on the hopes it gets "fixed" later.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Getting an odd glitch. Is anyone else seeing a resurgence of the last XI event and banner?
    lr0f7bpmo539.png

Able to play through missions, somewhat curious to pull on the hopes it gets "fixed" later.

Someone didn't read the in-game announcements this morning.

Spoiler: It's you.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    lr0f7bpmo539.png

Someone didn't read the in-game announcements this morning.

Spoiler: It's you.

Ah, read the first bit not all of it apparently.

• Options
    Oh yeah, @Selner this is a great time to catch some events that might have not been up when you started, some free characters and the half price pulls would probably be a great benefit for you.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Took the opportunity to pound my way through the XI U and U+. They were easier than I expected: lost 3 to forgetting to slow Poryphiron (I think it was that.) and none to the minotaur.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Is the summon trio just unbeatable without native Wall? Because it sure as hell feels that way. I can't see how I could possibly get through this in 50 seconds, and I can't delay Wall even one turn or else Energy Blast does an unrecoverable amount of damage to the whole party. I also have shit synergy and literally zero ice or water SBs. It feels utterly hopeless.

When I cleared the A+ Aeon fight, I left my native Wall at home and used my RW for it. I did use Delita's BSB (Holy, Fire, Lightning, Ice elements) in the place of Tyro, with Engulfing Twinstrike on Delita as well. It is manageable but tricky, if I were to do it again on my main account I'd likely take Delita out and bring Tyro back in, and just give Tyro some ice and water attacks, and use my RW for something else (Ramza USB or something to hit the water weakness with).

It's definitely a tough fight, and I haven't yet decided how I'm going to handle it on my alt account. I'll definitely have to do it without native Wall, so I'll likely bring Ramza, Onion Knight, Relm, Vaan and the last spot I'm not sure of. I have Squall's OSB for ice and he can use spellblade 5, but honestly Ifrit isn't generally the problem. I have Edge's BSB for water (and Rikku's I guess, though hers is inconvenient with the entry being water, command 1 being AOE water + lightning, and command 2 being single target but no elements), but Edge can't hit the ice weakness (Onion Knight could cover it I guess). Edge is probably my best bet, but I'll have to think about it to make sure I am including everything I need in the fight. This is one of those cases where Tyro is just so convenient with his universal skill access.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    FFRK Central is apparently saying we're getting a pair of Lucky Draw banners tomorrow. One for Summoners and one for Combat users, both SSB+ relics.

Hahaha what?

And here I just spent to 0.

Not that I mind; I just got the aforementioned lighting-team stuff, but still. Funny timing.

Well, maybe there'll be time enough to try before they go away, and I'll have a chance at, like, a Reynn relic or something.

• Options
    FFRK Central is apparently saying we're getting a pair of Lucky Draw banners tomorrow. One for Summoners and one for Combat users, both SSB+ relics.

Hahaha what?

Not that I mind; I just got the aforementioned lighting-team stuff, but still. Funny timing.

Well, maybe there'll be time enough to try before they go away, and I'll have a chance at, like, a Reynn relic or something.

These banners are gonna be sticking around until June 16th for some reason so hopefully it's enough time!

• Options
    edited May 2017

Hahaha what?

These banners are gonna be sticking around until June 16th for some reason so hopefully it's enough time!

Most assuredly so. Ultracloud will have come by then, as well as will have the 50 mythril gift starting from the start of the V Gogo event. If I can hold onto 50-75 myth extra around that time, I could roll on those and the next DU.

I'm very glad the XI event has returned, as it means I can bully the Minotaur again, for 1-stamina tests of various teams. Lightning Magic Team worked out pretty well, with Cid and Onion firing their SBs off on turn 1.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hmm...

Rosa, Ramza, Cid Pollendina, Kain, Vaan.

Equip Vaan with BSB, Cid with Lifesiphon and Tempest Snipe.

Hmm...

edit:

Hm yes, that worked out splendidly against the Minotaur. Sadly, Kain only got one Lightning Dive in before the thing died, but still.

Enlong on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Total speculation on my part. Conspiracy theory time - the lucky draws go away right before UltraCloud event. Meaning it's going to be pushed back and we'll get the craptacular FFI event after FFV.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Hey, 13 more mythril for the UltraCloud event. Is all about willpower.

...says the guy who just spent to 0 for the 3rd time in as many weeks.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    30/54 on the summoner lucky

I probably should give that one a miss

• Options
    edited May 2017
    16/54 on that one.

Huh. Thought I'd have had more.

31/153 on Combat.

Whoo boy, Combat has a lot on it.

Enlong on
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    20/153 on combat
    14/54 for the summoner

Huh..... really thought that I'd have more combat relics than that.
    Fun 'fact': 8 of my combat relics are from the same realm (XIII)

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    10/54 on summoner
    29/153 on combat

I think they are both easy pulls for me.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Was bored. Tried the FFVII Torment that's up now since it's on rotation now and doesn't look like they're going to bring them all back again at once like they had been doing.

Beat it, but I did it by going in with full SB meters (hit and run for 20 minutes to build up). Cast Shout and Aetherial Pulse for the 6 trash rounds and refreshed them at Gi Nattak. Had Wall on RW so Y'shtola could just drop Pulse and then had reserves for Asylum. Most of Ramza's SB was on reserve for Chant for additional bubble mitigation (seriously, that shit is so good).

I guess with this team I have, I can do the other 250 Torments, since I ignored them because I still consider them to be the stupidest things. But hey, I'll use what I have at my disposal to win.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited May 2017
    9 summoner dupes (goddamn 5 of which are medicas)
    27 combat dupes

Think I'm definitely pulling tonight on both, although not really sure what I'm hoping for. Still, ~50% per relic of being a BSB+ in both pools makes for pretty solid odds.

Tiny Bees and Pink Swords for all.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Lesee. Next week is FFVIII, then FFV (at which time the 5-a-day mythril gift starts), then Ultracloud. Adding in ithe 10 for next week's fat chocobo... I'll have something in the ballpark of 125 when Ultracloud starts and the luckies end, and I'll be able to roll on one of the two new Luckies on Thursday, after I get some FFVIII mythril. Even if the next DU is in that same timeframe (I forget when the next one is), I can roll on all those once each. Add in the mythril from the FFI event (prior to bonus battles), and I'll be able to roll twice on Ultracloud if I forego one of the 3 luckies (or if DU is not in that timeframe).

I'd say that's a pretty decent setup.

Especially if personal patterns hold, and I only roll once on Ultracloud and choose to walk away with whatever I get the first time. Hoping for Zack's Wind Chain, to go with my frankly ridiculous stable of physical Enwind.

Enlong on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Bluh. Well, okay, guess I won't be throwing a pull in for Celes. Easy come Mythril, easy go.

Summoner is an easy pull for me, Combat has a lot of junk on it but I'll probably pull anyway since it's half price.

Yeah, I don't understand how some of you folks feel comfortable spending down to 0. If I'm not following my budget and have a pull or so on top of that reserved I'm not happy.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Because, at the end of the day, those banners don't yet exist to me, and there's something here, now, that I'm interested in - I can save up if I'm not really feeling like I want to grab anything, but I have characters and games I like, so I tend to take a swing at them.

You call it being shortsighted, I call it havin' fun with a game I'm not super srs about, for lack of a better way of putting it.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Bluh. Well, okay, guess I won't be throwing a pull in for Celes. Easy come Mythril, easy go.

Summoner is an easy pull for me, Combat has a lot of junk on it but I'll probably pull anyway since it's half price.

Yeah, I don't understand how some of you folks feel comfortable spending down to 0. If I'm not following my budget and have a pull or so on top of that reserved I'm not happy.

For me, it might be a minor addiction to the feeling of making the pull (not enough of one that I'd do a 11 pull with gems, though), combined with something of an impulse for pulling on realms I like, because I just like seeing the power of those particular games grow. Saving is probably a better way to have a stronger account and have more ready for the banners where there's really nice stuff for the realms I like. On the other hand, it's fun to watch my collection grow, doing it is fun in the moment and tends to give me new toys to play with, and there have been very few pulls I've made where I've 100% regretted doing it. I wouldn't mind having a big stockpile of mythril, though.

Enlong on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ultros and Mandragoras are back so at least I get to have fun with my oohohoho again

• Options
    Ugh, failed to master Mom Bomb on normal, because we only went with 4 characters instead of the full 8, and three of the bombs self-destructed for 9999. Definitely make sure you bring a full team :X

• Options
    Looks like I'm 24/154 on the Combat draw, and and 11/54 for the Summoner draw. On casual inspection, the Summoner draw looks a lot worse - it feels like many of the SSBs are garbage, and a startlingly high proportion of the bursts are pretty bad for bursts, too. I'll probably end up doing the half price draws on both anyway. Half price stat sticks, and there's still a chance to get something really cool.

This discussion has been closed.