Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Figured out part of the reason that Tyro OSB was so exceptionally shittastic. I had him in the back row since his previous weapon was a throwable. Whoops!

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Figured out part of the reason that Tyro OSB was so exceptionally shittastic. I had him in the back row since his previous weapon was a throwable. Whoops!

Now it'll do 2, maybe even 3 more points of damage!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I hate this 220 fight more than anything, this shit isn't even fun.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I hate this 220 fight more than anything, this shit isn't even fun.

If you're on Android, I seriously recommend doing an emulator. The lag is real.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

On the plus side, it's a pretty great animation, and it's a semi-unique buff so that's cool. On the down side is, well, literally everything else. I was pretty disappointed to see it pop up as one of my 6* relics. I'm not sure when I would ever use it as a weapon since I have a fully augmented Agrias OSB sword and now also a Bartz OSB sword (no augments), along with an Ashe OSB sword and two Terra OSB swords (one of which is fully augmented). I guess if I wanted to use Alphinaud while under Nightmare synergy it might be worthwhile. I think I now have four different Tyro soul breaks, and would only consider using one of them since Healing Grimoire and Cyclone Grimoire are pretty trash, and Sentinel's Grimoire is just about a million times more useful than Warder's Apocrypha or whatever idiot name this one has. If the OSB did normal OSB damage and had 30% to stats instead of 15% I might consider it a pretty good soul break.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Summoner banner: Tyro BSB, and dupe Ashe SSB
    Combat banner: 2x Zack imperil wind BSB, Cecil SSB.

Sort of an odd combo, guess having another imperil wind isn't that bad.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    These last five draws.

1/11 Lion's SSB
    1/11 Dupe Rikku SSB
    3/11 Triple Lulu SSB
    2/11 Master SSB, Gaffgarion SSB
    1/11 Lann BSB

Whiffs on all the 100 gems in that timeframe too, except for Ramza's USB (which is a hell of a nice exception, I'll admit.)

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Cagnozzo multiplayer tonight. Reports are that he shouldn't be nearly as annoying as Yunalesca, fingers crossed.

Highlights:
    Normal form - Resist Fire/Lightning, Absorb Water, Partial Weak Ice
    Tsunami form - Resist Fire/Ice, Absorb Water, Partial Weak Lightning
    Shell form - Resist all, Absorb Water
    Low chance Slow all, low chance Sleep all, counter physicals with ST Stop, ST physical that can poison
    Hastes self (will Haste first turn, will Slow second turn)
    In Tsunami form, must take 7 lightning attacks within 6 of its turns (nb - separate attacks, not multi-hitters)

What to bring:
    Runic will cut down on the majority of his offense and null the Stop counter.
    Dispel for the Haste
    Hastega, Wall, Shellga. Protectga technically optional because his only physical is a rare ST.
    Water resist
    Optional Affliction Break but you can just recast Haste and used Ultra Cure/physicals if the Stop is getting nulled
    Best DPS would be someone like Shantotto whose BSB commands are Ice+Lightning so you don't need to worry about his bullshit instant mode swaps.

Currently loaded with Celes and Shantotto which isn't ideal in terms of damage split. Can easily give up Celes if someone brings an Exdeath.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Tiny Bee's entry is considered black magic, isn't it? I just lost that medal condition on Neo-Bahamut and that's the only thing I can think of unless Ninja skills are considered Black Magic (which I thought were their own separate category of NIN).

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Most BSB entries (and SBs in general) are considered nothing to the best of my knowledge. If anything it would be white magic or summon though. Admittedly that could just be a weird glitch in the system where it was just coded weird. Ninja skills are definitely seen as their own thing which leads to a lot of weird results.

Gnizmo on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Entries are definitely coded as whatever, they're just often not counterable.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Tiny Bee's entry is considered black magic, isn't it? I just lost that medal condition on Neo-Bahamut and that's the only thing I can think of unless Ninja skills are considered Black Magic (which I thought were their own separate category of NIN).

Ninja skills have a seperate category, yes.

Most BSB / SSB etc should have their damage type flagged as physical, black magic, white magic, etc. within the description.

In other news, going to start up a discord and see if i can get Yunalesca 220 down. Help wanted

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Since these luckies are called a Nightmare draw campaign, do you junk we'll see more later?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hmm. Trigger Happy entry is considered NAT. Yea, I got nothing.

You stole my mastery you stupid dragon :x

Characters
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Since these luckies are called a Nightmare draw campaign, do you junk we'll see more later?

It wouldn't surprise me to see BLM/WHM draws, and Celerity/Support eventually

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Entries are definitely coded as whatever, they're just often not counterable.

Interestingly Tiny Bee is NAT. So I guess I got this one right by dumb luck. From what I have gathered from scanning Enlir's spreadsheet magic has 3 types, physical has the one (where my confusion probably originated), and a handful are typed as NAT. I find it odd that they have a magic break down to include even summons vs black magic, but physical is just one big lump.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Get fucked yunalesca.

What a terrible fight, at least when we won it wasn't too bad, just long. 3 healers, tyro on bsb duty, and onion for support. Had a tidus with bsb/csb that carried hard.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I just realized, with the SSB & BSB I have for Marach, he has a MAG/RES dual break on BSB entry, and a ATK/RES dual break on his SSB.

Yep, he has a spot on the mage team.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    ATK/RES is a strange debuff combination.

Characters
  • Options
    Stacks with most other things that break either one of those, though.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Crazy lucky draw pulls. 'Cause they were pretty good!
    2/11 Combat: Jecht BSB and Noel BSB. Any decent X synergy is appreciated.
    3/11 Summoner with a disco ball: Eiko USB (!!!), Garnet BSB, Garnet BSB2. Awesome! Eiko's now got BSB and USB, and Garnet has SSB and both BSBs. My magic A-team is now a lightning-focused triple-mag-buffing powerhouse:
    Ashe with everything, Garnet with almost everything (missing SSB2 and an SB), Papalymo with faithga/hastega SSB, Penelo with BSB, and Y'shtola with SSII/Asylum. Yar!

• Options
    Do we yet know what's happening on the 24th?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Do we yet know what's happening on the 24th?

Disappointment.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i pulled again on the combat lucky because i'm an idiot

4/11

snow ssb (diamond dust)
    garland ssb (bardiche)
    steiner ssb (sword art: climhazzard)
    tgcid osb (thunder god) dupe

got what i deserved, at least the ssbs were all new

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Well, I managed to clear the Aeon gauntlet with the fire resist strategy. By an extremely thin margin.

Minfilia - Def Breakdown / Protectga - BSB (DMT)
    Celes - Saint's Cross / Engulfing Twinstrike - BSB
    Zell - Lifesiphon / Full Charge - BSB
    Ramza - Lifesiphon / Full Breakdown - Shout (DMT)
    Arc - Curaja / Shellga - SSB2

I just didn't have the meter to get the timings I wanted. Celes didn't hit a full bar for ice C2s until Ifrit was already almost dead. Arc's third medica came the turn after Ixion's second dispel instead of before. Shout refresh had to come just before the second dispel instead of after (although Ramza got Stopped anyway so I guess it was for the best). Should have given Minfilia Gaia Cross instead of the mostly-unused breakdown, too.

Zell wound up doing most of the damage, although his inability to cover any of the medal conditions forced me to bring Celes to get both, and she was very weak in this fight. Maybe I should have just stuck with Jecht + Orlandeau, I dunno.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Crap, I forgot I have to do the U+ and U++ today.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Technically U++ and A+, have fun! I have to do those on my alt account as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i pulled again on the combat lucky because i'm an idiot

4/11

snow ssb (diamond dust)
    garland ssb (bardiche)
    steiner ssb (sword art: climhazzard)
    tgcid osb (thunder god) dupe

got what i deserved, at least the ssbs were all new

Someone needs to put another password on your Google play acct

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I was drunk last night but I think my pulls from the banners were:
    summoner:
    aerith reraise cura - dupe
    Combat:
    Delita BSB
    one other SSB that I forget but remember was a dupe
    Squall OSB - dupe
    Firion OSB - dupe

good luck and yet... not so great.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »

Technically U++ and A+, have fun! I have to do those on my alt account as well.

Did the U++ and then shattered my phone so guess I'll be skipping the rest of the event.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Finally got Yunalesca 220 down. What a bullshit fight.

• Options
    Finally got around to squeezing in the U++ and A+ fights on my alt account. Spherimorph U++ was pretty simple, brought Squall in for Spellblade duties and gave Onion Knight Chain Firaga. No problems at all, full medals.

Onwards to the A+ fight, which I had been kind of dreading because I don't have native Wall. Put together a team of Ramza (Shout), Onion Knight (Vessel of Fate setup as a mage), Arc (pblink SSB), Vaan (Ark Blast) and Squall (BSB1 and OSB, Lifesiphon and Engulfing Strike). Ramza and Arc had MM/DMT, Vaan and Onion Knight had Ace Striker/Battleforged (Onion Knight had Shellga and Wrath), Squall had Wings Unfurled because he was using Rikku's BSB dagger. Started the fight with Squall calling in Wall and Ramza Shouting, Vaan doing Magic Breakdown and Arc and Onion Knight buffing. Onion Knight then used nothing but Wrath until the AOE slow landed, at which point he put up Vessel of Fate and I proceeded to beat down Valefor. Ifrit spawned in and ate Ark Blast immediately, followed by two OSBs from Squall at which point Ixion spawned. I had Squall call in Wall again and Arc dropped his second medica use to top everybody up and dodge the dispel. Then Squall started in with Engulfing Twinstrike while Arc and Onion Knight refreshed Protect and Shell to be safe, and Arc managed to drop another medica to dodge the second dispel, at which point Squall finished the fight with another OSB cast for just over 50k. Lost 1 medal for actions, 2 for damage taken, but with Arc dodging the dispels for us and everybody with lightning resist, and Ifrit getting to do jack all as Squall wrecked him, I was never in any danger. I expected to have to S/L a lot for this, but instead I managed to one-shot master the fight. I still wish my alt had Sentinel's Grimoire and/or Thyrus, as it opens up a lot of options, but I have to feel pretty good about the strength of the account after that A+ fight.

I considered bringing Yuna as my healer, since I now have her summon SSB, stock HP SSB and her USB, but Arc's blink was just so useful that I'm glad I took him instead. Never losing my buffs to the dispel, and never having anybody get stopped, really made that fight so much easier.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/a/eWsi8

Never stop improving!

• Options
    Wait you took Core Spellblade into the A+ fight and got mastery? Kudos to you, sir! That is really impressive.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Wait you took Core Spellblade into the A+ fight and got mastery? Kudos to you, sir! That is really impressive.

Over on reddit they do a contest called the Tier Challenge where each character is given a point value and people try to get mastery with as few points as possible. It's a pretty fun way to keep things interesting if just clearing things isn't challenging.

• Options
    I'm still shaking.

6Q7pEyy.jpg
    xlNFSow.jpg

I've been throwing teams at him on a lark now and again, both when the event was up a while back, and then recently when it came back, just to see what it was like. But those attempts always tended to end in "Eiko gets one-shot by Swath of Silence" on the transition into the first Magical Immune phase because I was always pushing him too fast before Ramza could get Full Break & Power Breakdown on him. Then once I solved that it turned into "A bunch of people die when he goes Swath of Silence (on Transition) > Swath of Silence" which I thought I couldn't solve.

So this latest attempt tried something new: don't bring a Hastega. I brought Wall instead and suffered through not being Hasted until people started popping off their BSBs. Also replaced Lightning with Garnet because of her shiny new BSB2 and offhealing (thank you so much for all that offhealing built into your CMD1). Marach also appreciated the Imperil Lightning.

He melted once Phase 2 started. Like, I couldn't believe how fast he was dropping. He transitioned right as all my BSBs came back up again, so I got a very fast reapplication of Marach's -40% MAG/RES and Orlandeau's -20% ATK/DEF, which was probably extremely important. I still didn't think I'd survive it because I was forced to cast my first Wall on the second or third turn of the fight, so I was confident it had fallen off. I am also 100% sure I forgot to re-up Shellga at the last bit of the fight right before I killed him and was prepared for him to kill everyone, but he kept using Bowels of Agony which was missing 2-3 people at a time since Eiko had been spreading Physical Blink around like a madwoman.

Final team that downed him:

Orlandeau (BSB) - Lifesiphon / Gaia's Cross - Holy Knight's Pride
    Eiko (BSB) - Protectga / Ultra Cure - Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Garnet (BSB2) - Shellga / Curaja - Battleforged
    Marach (BSB) - Darkra / Thundaja - Witch of Succession
    Ramza (USB) - Full Break / Power Breakdown - Mako Might
    RW: Stoneskin II

Characters
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    100 gems: nothing.

Final count: 10/95, which is well below the expected ~13.3. But well, I expect to be below what's expected.

What's crazy is I went about 30 something misses, then had five relatively close hits, then another 30 misses, another four hits during the fest, and then nothing until one hit last week.

Statistics is the devil, and variance is his name.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    100 gems got me Palom's burst. Building up that mage/lightning team.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    It is naturally around this point that I remember I do have Lightning's +30% Lightning Damage RM that I have yet to glue to Marach because clearly I am a highly intelligent individual.

Characters
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    100 gem: Cid's gloves. Won't say no to a hyper break

This discussion has been closed.