Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    Just hit 15 for the first time in nearly a year. I -almost- feel sorry for these quest rogues as I ruin their quest at 2 so they have to start over.

How?

snipes wreck it pretty hard :)

edit: i've never had much luck with dirty rats vs. quest rogues. maybe i'm just impatient, but i tend to pull a brewmaster or a ferryman, which is replaceable easily.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Just hit 15 for the first time in nearly a year. I -almost- feel sorry for these quest rogues as I ruin their quest at 2 so they have to start over.

How?

snipes wreck it pretty hard :)

edit: i've never had much luck with dirty rats vs. quest rogues. maybe i'm just impatient, but i tend to pull a brewmaster or a ferryman, which is replaceable easily.

Ah, cool. Didn't think of that one.

Literally every quest rogue I've played against has been able to complete their quest by turn 3 (though, for some reason, some didn't and waited a few more turns).

I like the players who wait, because it generally means I can win. Against the others, though, I'm something like 0-10.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    HOW DID I WIN THIS GAME?

9kmI6Qf.png?1

how did I win that game

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Aegis wrote: »
    I'm assuming Dirty Rats are involved.

Nope, don't have that card.

Using the Face Hunter deck I linked above, whatever they start the combo with, since they try and do it early instead of something cheap all in one turn usually, I just kill whichever one they were trying to bounce in and out. Since it's usually a 1/2 or 2/1, they have to try and combo something else, and then I kill that. I didn't let one of them complete the quest, the other completed it with 7 life left. Easy enough to delay with my 1 2 or 3 drops. I have about 5 minions on the board while they're still trying to do the quest because I guess the deck can't do much else before the quest is completed?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    I have been playing a heavy ramp druid with lots of epics and legendaries. I think it's something like 15k dust to build.

I call it DustCrusher

The question is, does it have a Noggenfogger in it?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Using the Face Hunter deck I linked above, whatever they start the combo with, since they try and do it early instead of something cheap all in one turn usually, I just kill whichever one they were trying to bounce in and out. Since it's usually a 1/2 or 2/1, they have to try and combo something else, and then I kill that. I didn't let one of them complete the quest, the other completed it with 7 life left. Easy enough to delay with my 1 2 or 3 drops. I have about 5 minions on the board while they're still trying to do the quest because I guess the deck can't do much else before the quest is completed?

If a Rogue is leaving one of its copy minions on the board on your turn, they've messed up badly.

But aggro is a good way to beat them anyway. They can't really get into a lot of the quest shenanigans if you put a lot of pressure on them.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I have been playing a heavy ramp druid with lots of epics and legendaries. I think it's something like 15k dust to build.

I call it DustCrusher

It could :) would that please the court?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I call it DustCrusher

I believe the Mayor is necessary in a deck that crushes hopes and dreams.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

I call it DustCrusher

Secret tip: mayor noggenfogger reverses the function of quest warrior's ragnaros hero power, like a double negative of RNG. I learnt this with a full board, the mayor pulled from a forager, and 7 hp left. RIP malfurion

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »

I call it DustCrusher

Secret tip: mayor noggenfogger reverses the function of quest warrior's ragnaros hero power, like a double negative of RNG. I learnt this with a full board, the mayor pulled from a forager, and 7 hp left. RIP malfurion

He also randomizes your emotes, which is a pretty nice touch. Probably would have never noticed that if I hadn't tried to "Wow" after getting him from an evolve. He was, very fittingly, the first victim of his own bullshit power.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck just lost at 11-2 because the paladin ripped spikeridge steed to stay alive and then primordial drake to stay alive again and then I brainfarted to fuck and instead of doing what kept me alive I coldlight seered which left me dead because whoops that doesn't kill hydrologist and also I didn't have mana left over to envenom my weapon like I thought I would

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Man, that teched up murloc paladin deck is TRICKY. And everyone is playing it,

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular

If a Rogue is leaving one of its copy minions on the board on your turn, they've messed up badly.

But aggro is a good way to beat them anyway. They can't really get into a lot of the quest shenanigans if you put a lot of pressure on them.

To follow this up, at the higher levels quest rogue sucks to play against because it's basically just watching them play solitaire for 4 turns, then having the prep out the core, drop 3-4 flame elementals for a total of 5-6 5/5 on board. The only time a competent rogue leaves the copy minion down is if they have the other constructed copy. Hence why snipe/potion of poly/dirty rat are the only real things that can mess them up

At that point, you need to have then dead, have a crapload of taunts, or be priest with dragonfire potion in hand. It's why so many people hate it, it's almost too easy to do and 5 health is a gigantic pain in the ass to deal with.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Man, that teched up murloc paladin deck is TRICKY. And everyone is playing it,

Switched back to pirate and my day is much better. Take THAT murlocs

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    oh yeah, and the mage I beat at 10-2 was a little salty

VeaUIxu.png

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Getting Leeroy from portal is such a wonderful feeling

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Paladin "mirrors" are weird.

hTBb2di.png?1

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Secret Mage is not a good deck.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    HOW DID I WIN THIS GAME?

9kmI6Qf.png?1

how did I win that game

well i'm going to guess it's because you did 12 damage to him while he had 11 health

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HOW DID I WIN THIS GAME?

9kmI6Qf.png?1

how did I win that game

well i'm going to guess it's because you did 12 damage to him while he had 11 health

I'm more talking about how I fatigued a taunt warrior who had a timely (though not quick) quest activation, smart alek

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    you asked how, not why

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    you asked how, not why

Will if we're going to be pedantic the "how" of me winning was them conceding, not me dealing damage.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    you asked how, not why

Will if we're going to be pedantic the "how" of me winning was them conceding, not me dealing damage.

Sorry INAGTP, Escape Goat wins this round :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    oh sorry i didn't know we were going for the what have i got in my pocketses bullshit round

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    3EXzqDah.jpg
    GIANT ENEMY CRAB

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    how do freeze mages keep beating me when i play hyper-aggro, this feels all wrong.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    how do freeze mages keep beating me when i play hyper-aggro, this feels all wrong.

Blizz printed arcanologist.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    i play swashburglar t1, get ragnaros lightlord.
    that seems pretty cool, i say to myself, but i wish it had been something cheaper.

this paladin COINS OUT DIRTY RAT, that crazy feller, and pulls out my ragnaros.
    it was ALMOST a safe move, too, in context, but... sometimes you just instantly lose!

Lucedes on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I have crafted Noz and will now build a deck around him to get as many copies as possible. I will shoot up ranks!

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    So, I'm looking to create a Value Controll Shaman with the Murloc Quest, only 4 Murloc cards (call in the finishers and the one that generates 2 murlocs), volcano, elementals, Elise, draw and perhaps some deathrattles and N'Zoth. It's probably to much of a Swiss knife idea to build, but it's a fun excersize.

Someone got some pointers? You guys think it's feasible?

I'll post my list when I'm behind my PC.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    i was floating around 1-2k legend yesterday

today i'm at 8k

haven't won a single game all day, oh well

losing to nut draws from murloc midrange paladins which explode out of the gate, freeze mages who always have alex and all their burn in the top half of their deck, the omnipresent pirate warriors, and rogues in both miracle/quest flavors

also seeing a fair few hunters now and they just play cards on curve and hit your face and you die

ps. is anyone else weirded out by the fact that tirion is getting played with the expectation that he LIVES AND GETS VALUE now

the only instant common answer to him right now is sap which half the current rogue lists don't even run, shaman is out of the meta, mages don't run poly unless they discover it, and silence is rare

Beasteh on
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Apart from the quest rogues and freeze mages I'm enjoying Hearthstone more than I ever have. Meta feels interesting and varied. I feel like I can try different decks and still do well. I'm playing midrange hunter, purify priest and handlock to various degrees of success but at least I feel like I'm having fun.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    How critical is Kalimos to Elemental Shaman? If the deck works without him, which do people recommend?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Freeze mage has historically been very good against aggro, actually.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So obviously it's still early, but it's interesting to me that Jade Druid remains an underplayed and ineffective deck, for all our teeth-gnashing and breast-beating.

It seems like it's only really good at beating one kind of control deck, and that deck doesn't really exist on the ladder right now.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

... because aggro decks require that you play out a lot of lower-cost, individually weaker minions and go face, and freeze mage is all about not letting your minions do anything at all, ever.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    3clipse wrote: »

Yeah, freeze mage's classical weakness (other than control warrior) was aggressive midrange decks (combo druid, secret paladin) that could either deal with doomsayer (keeper of the grove) or have explosive rebuilding turns after it goes off (mysterious challenger), keeping up constant pressure.

Pirate warrior was actually too fast for freeze mage, but with arcanologist as well as pirate warrior's matchups against the field getting worse that's less of a big deal.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    HOW DID I WIN THIS GAME?

9kmI6Qf.png?1

how did I win that game

I'm more talking about how I fatigued a taunt warrior who had a timely (though not quick) quest activation, smart alek

I've been playing quest priest and I almost always win through fatigue against quest warrior. You end up stealing enough of their good taunts with thoughtsteal deathrattles and have enough tools to handle most of their minions. Once they activate you board gets filled with small leftover deathrattle minions plus n'zoth eventually refills your board. If your health is low you have amara in you pocket since this is a long game.

I am using Kazakus and Raza in my quest priest with ShadowForm being my only duplicate. Kazakus usually gives you an extra board wipe.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I'm aware this is not that great an achievement, but after a win today, I was met by the pleasant achievement popping of winning 500 games as a Priest and thus got my first portrait.

All the more pleasant in that I completely stomped over a Quest Rogue (thank you Scaled Nightmare).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    How critical is Kalimos to Elemental Shaman? If the deck works without him, which do people recommend?

He's great, but I wouldn't call him absolutely necessary. You also have a decent shot to discover him with the five-drop elementals. If you are asking about replacements, I'd go with either a second lightning storm (his deal 3 to all is by far the most frequently used mode for me) or a bloodlust (decent synergy if you manage to get a bunch of totems and small elementals out).

The 7-drop taunt-spawning elemental wouldn't be bad either!

Vic on