Options

[Love] itself shall slumber on

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Every school teacher I know goes to bed early.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My mother did she went to bed about 2000 and woke up at 5 to get ready to teach. She would get us up at 6 to get us ready for school saying things like you know how other teachers work so try not to be like the other students and be ready first thing in the morning.
    I swore I could not do that and yet I joined the Corps.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Gimme that sweet and solid 8 to 10 hours.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I go to sleep when the power goes down and wake up when the morning baboon sticks its face in my window.
    Very soothing.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I go to sleep when the power goes down and wake up when the morning baboon sticks its face in my window.
    Very soothing.

I'd have gotten a restraining order

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    It's the weekend! The noon baboon should be the one on wake-up duty.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Oh god I am having the migraine to end all migraines right now

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Oh god I am having the migraine to end all migraines right now

The other day since I had trouble sleeping the night before due to anxieties I skipped a day of my concerta.

That was "fun"

Oh btw took it again Friday morning and I'm still awake at almost 4am...

Uriel on
  • Options
    Well because of the thing that happened to me on Wednesday night got me ultra paranoid about everything I stayed up all of Wednesday into Thursday because I was that freaked out about being harassed by the cops

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    It's the weekend. I still fell asleep at 11 PM last night and am up at 7 AM despite every effort to sleep longer because routine is a hell of a thing.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    My workday sleep schedule is 8ish pm until 4ish am. Luckily it's only three days a week.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well because of the thing that happened to me on Wednesday night got me ultra paranoid about everything I stayed up all of Wednesday into Thursday because I was that freaked out about being harassed by the cops

What happened on Wednesday, Brainleech? You ok?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have a mild crush on one of the current vols. Because I am a professional, and a dweeb, I am of course not going to do anything. I have instead been expressing my feelings in the time honoured way of being really mean to him. It's going well.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Now I'm imagining a mean dinosaur that only acts that way to cover for them liking you.

A tsunderesaurus rex if you will.

Uriel on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    The focus of that sentence wasn't "I go to bed at 10" but "I go to bed at 10 because I have nothing worth staying awake for"

But, thankfully, that episode has faded so I'm actually feeling a lot better today.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Getting 8 hours of sleep a night is super important!

Nah, I mean, I think people need different amounts of sleep. 8 hours is the easily to agree upon 'ideal' time, but I function pretty well for getting around 6 a night?
    I fuckin' haaaaaaaaate you.

I think part of the reason I hate cats is because I am myself a cat, because I am pretty sure that my body actually requires 13 hours of sleep per day, not including cat naps.

• Options
    The amount of sleep I require varies pretty greatly.

Usually depending on my add meds and how active I am during the day.

When I'm doing it right and feeling good I'll go to bed around 1030 or 11 and wake up around 530 or 6 and feel incredible by 7.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i haven't slept in years. its fake. my mind, pow, wide open. i think diagonally

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I am mostly fine with 6 hours
    I'm functional but sluggish with 5
    Anything below that and I'm a wreck

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Getting 8 hours of sleep a night is super important!

Nah, I mean, I think people need different amounts of sleep. 8 hours is the easily to agree upon 'ideal' time, but I function pretty well for getting around 6 a night?
    I fuckin' haaaaaaaaate you.

I think part of the reason I hate cats is because I am myself a cat, because I am pretty sure that my body actually requires 13 hours of sleep per day, not including cat naps.
    Cats don't require 13 hours a day, they just don't have much of a circadian rhythm, so they can sleep whenever. And usually do.

sig.gif
  • Options
    My older cat seriously sleeps like 18 hours a day now. She's getting ollllld.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    there are days I don't get 8 hours of sleep and am fine since my body seems pretty resistant to fatigue. but I think if that was every day there would be problems.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    On my particularly good nights, I can get about 6 hours of proper sleep.

But I've been regularly floating around 3 or 4 for a few years now.

It's... not ideal, and sometimes I can't actually remember what it feels like to not be tired.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I either need to sleep for a minimum of 7 and a half hours straight or a 2 hour nap. Those are my two gold numbers where I can function reasonably well throughout the day.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I straight up cannot take naps so my night time sleep is extra important

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    i haven't slept in years. its fake. my mind, pow, wide open. i think diagonally

This is probably the most effective endorsement of sleeping I've ever seen.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I tend to sleep around 6-7 hours a night, which is usually fine, but really depends on what's going on around it. When I went on installation trips for work and had averages of 16 hour days and got those 6 hours of sleep in between, I felt pretty broken! And then the hours would increase, the hours I'd actually sleep became less and they got even worse. But generally that's all I need, and if I can even manage 8 then I'll be in peak form.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

What happened on Wednesday, Brainleech? You ok?

A nearby store was broken into or was attempted to be broken into
    The police roll up on me ask me about my backpack then why was I walking and then made hints they were going to take me to the jail
    But this is the 3rd time in two weeks they have harassed me walking home from work so I am quite paranoid about my surroundings and other people since then

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Barring my recent insomnia, I usually sleep between six and seven hours on work nights and between seven and nine on days off.

An acquaintance of mine is a professional comics artist (like, for Marvel) and based on the sleep schedule she self-reports on Facebook I have well-founded concerns for her health. I think she's perpetually drawing comics, taking only three hour naps every few days. Her work ethic is frightening.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    So I'm going on a date tonight and that's rad.

And my friends are already taking bets on how I fuck this up. Given that we're are seeing a movie the current consensus is "Gus doesn't like the movie"

Friends are great.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

And my friends are already taking bets on how I fuck this up. Given that we're are seeing a movie the current consensus is "Gus doesn't like the movie"

Friends are great.

Uh

This seems pretty mean of them

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Friends are great.

Is the movie Logan?

Logan is a good movie.

• Options
    Cello wrote: »

Friends are great.

Uh

This seems pretty mean of them

I should throw in the context that my dates have historically ended in disaster. Generally, but not always, out of my control. It's kinda of a running thing. And I'd be lying if I didn't play into the bit with them sometimes.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Friends are great.

Is the movie Logan?

Logan is a good movie.

Free Fire. But Logan was super good.

I cried a lot.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The bar tender job is pretty fun

I'm really tired though

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    And I got a coffee date with a bridesmaid from the wedding I attended last weekend.

HOLLAAAAAAAAAA

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I've got a family wedding coming up in June but the bummer is that it's out of state.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    guys, I think I have made friends with a crow that lives or works in the tree next to my house

we shared an apple the other day and I went out to smoke a cig just now and he hopped up to me with a stick in his beak and just

left it next to me

this is love thread appropriate because I love him and I'm gonna name him T. Robot

edit: I'm pretty sure he's just a crow, he's not huge so I don't think he's a raven

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    So I went to go visit the lady I was interested in today at work with the intention of telling her that I understood that she wasn't ready for a relationship and that maybe I'm not really ready for one either.

She left soon after I got there without me getting to speak to her, ostensibly because something was wrong with her mom. I told her that I hoped her mom would be alright; she didn't say anything, but looked kind of annoyed.

After she left a co-worker that had been hanging out with her recently took me aside. They told me that they think the lady I'm interested in really does like me but is afraid to get me involved with her family issues. Allegedly her mom (who she lives with, btw) has some kind of bad behavioral disorder that's been getting worse lately. The co-worker said that if I really care about her then I should try to be a friend that she can rely on and that maybe something will develop between us eventually.

I guess I accidentally picked relationship hard mode.

This discussion has been closed.